PDA

View Full Version : kirbyville vs Jasper

Old No. 7
10-11-2004, 06:15 AM
K-ville is coming to the bone yard and the cats are hungry. Let the smack begin! :D

southern_thunder
10-11-2004, 08:22 AM
The only smack I can think of will be when the dogs smack their lips after chewin' up and spittin' out the wildcats!!

Jasper by 28 or more.

BigKilla
10-11-2004, 08:31 AM
When the cats come to the Bone Yard Jasper is in for a rude awakening

Wildcats by 7

shankbear
10-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Cats better hope that grades wipe out the Dawgs all the way down to the eighth grade. Cats cannot stay with Jasper and this should be a piney woods donkey stomp.

JasperDog94
10-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
...this should be a piney woods donkey stomp. ROTFLMBO!!! I've never heard that before.

Jasper by 13

Bulldog_12
10-11-2004, 03:56 PM
All I know is that it should be a good homecoming for the Dawgs. Cant wait for the alumni tailgate party. Dawgs by 100 in the boneyard on homecoming. K-ville cant hang with this years dogs.

j_dog
10-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by BigKilla
When the cats come to the Bone Yard Jasper is in for a rude awakening

Wildcats by 7
Thanks for the warning! :D

White&Crimson
10-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Jasper by 16! :D

southern_thunder
10-12-2004, 08:09 AM
I really thought this thread would spark a little more interest. I guess the K'ville posters know that Jasper is going to dominate this game.

Jasper by 35 or more!!!

BigKilla
10-12-2004, 08:19 AM
The bulldogs better come with their A game cause Kirbyville's defense are laying people down like bowling pins

southern_thunder
10-12-2004, 08:37 AM
The bulldogs better come with their A game cause Kirbyville's defense are laying people down like bowling pins

OK and exactly WHO has Kirbyville played??

Junkyard
10-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
All I know is that it should be a good homecoming for the Dawgs. Cant wait for the alumni tailgate party. Dawgs by 100 in the boneyard on homecoming. K-ville cant hang with this years dogs.

Hey 12 where you been havent seen you on here in a while.:D

Hupernikomen
10-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Kirbyville got really excited about playing us close 2 years ago. It will be a good game. Dogs are rolling and Kirbyville probably didn't expect to lose a couple of the games they did, so they may come in with a few doubts which could spell trouble. Personally, I want Jasper to win, but I would like to see them tested to keep a good edge for the playoffs.

southern_thunder
10-12-2004, 09:34 AM
I agree about being tested but I dont believe it will happen til we meet Silsbee in week 10.

Junkyard
10-12-2004, 09:37 AM
You are right Thunder hopefully that will carry the Dogs into the playoffs with some momentum.

NSUTrumpet08
10-12-2004, 09:39 AM
I say the Dawgs will win. I mean it would be a huge disappointment if they lost the district opener and their Homecoming...i wish i can come back and see all my friends and the game...but I think the score will be 24-10 Dawgs...Best of luck to both teams!

southern_thunder
10-12-2004, 09:42 AM
The Dogs opened district last week with Buna and won 42-7.

I dont think we will lose homecoming.

dawgmom
10-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Like I said before, as long as the Dawgs come into this week prepared for and expecting a fight, we will be victorious. But, if we come into this expecting it to be easy, look out. I think our coaches will have us ready for the cats. And, I don't know how long it has been since Jasper lost a homecoming. So, I don't think they will start now....

Bulldog_12
10-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah junkyard, i have to take time to study every once in a while. Midterms are coming up soon, so you might not see me for quite some time. Yeah, but I dont see this as being a very close game at all. I still say Jasper by 100!!!:D

spiveyrat
10-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Yeah junkyard, i have to take time to study every once in a while. Midterms are coming up soon, so you might not see me for quite some time. Yeah, but I dont see this as being a very close game at all. I still say Jasper by 100!!!:D

Mid-terms??? I don't ever remember having those in college. :thinking: Just the tests that were scheduled on the syllabi.

Jody
10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
I agree about being tested but I dont believe it will happen til we meet Silsbee in week 10.

I watched Silsbee play a terrible Bridge City team. As much as I hate to admit it, even if Jasper does not do well, they should KILL Silsbee. They were absolutely the most undisciplined team I have ever seen. They had so many penalties I lost count and almost as many turnovers. They were awful!

JasperDog94
10-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Kirbyville's defense are laying people down like bowling pins You mean like Bridge City? Oh wait, nevermind.:D :D :D :D

Bulldog_12
10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Well, they aren't truly midterms, but that is what some of my profs call them. It is right in the middle of the semester and most classes only have three, maybe four, tests. So this round of tests is right in the middle.

Old No. 7
10-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm predicting a close game. Who ever wins, it want be a "walk in the park".

Any comments on the JV game Thursday night?
Jv Cats by a td. ;)

Old No. 7
10-12-2004, 07:05 PM
ttt :D

j_dog
10-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Old No. 7
I'm predicting a close game. Who ever wins, it want be a "walk in the park".

Any comments on the JV game Thursday night?
Jv Cats by a td. ;)
Old No. 7, I think you are right about it being a close game. KV will be ready for this game! :) :( May this be an injury free game for all. :)

WOS1
10-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Jody
I watched Silsbee play a terrible Bridge City team. As much as I hate to admit it, even if Jasper does not do well, they should KILL Silsbee. They were absolutely the most undisciplined team I have ever seen. They had so many penalties I lost count and almost as many turnovers. They were awful!

All those mistakes and they still blew them out. Apparently we have different definitions of "awful"... I think that Jasper/Silsbee will be a very close game.

SHS
10-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Jody doesnt know what he/she is talking about.

shankbear
10-12-2004, 10:54 PM
true

SLACKER
10-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Can't predict the score, just depends on how early Jasper puts the subs in. Kirbyville, you are out of your league. Don't waste your gas $ going to this game if you're rooting for the Wildcats.
Jasper's defense is too tough / too explosive on offense. :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

cowboydogg99
10-13-2004, 10:07 AM
why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat. Nuthin but tha dog in me

Junkyard
10-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Hey that is my line!!!!:D

Jody
10-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
All those mistakes and they still blew them out. Apparently we have different definitions of "awful"... I think that Jasper/Silsbee will be a very close game.

I am not dogging Silsbee....trust me. They really did make a lot of mistakes. I think Jasper will kill them if they turn the ball over 8 or 9 times. Heck any team should get beat if they turn the ball over 8-9 times. The reason they "blew out" Bridge City was Bridge City was REALLY SMALL and had no offense or defense.

I was actually rooting for Bridge City since it was their homecoming game. I also thought they were a better team than that.

Just calling it like I and others saw it. I will say this, there was not room for a piss-ant in the BC stands.... Man what a following considering their quality of play.

SHS
10-13-2004, 02:38 PM
I am not dogging Silsbee....trust me. They really did make a lot of mistakes. I think Jasper will kill them if they turn the ball over 8 or 9 times. Heck any team should get beat if they turn the ball over 8-9 times. The reason they "blew out" Bridge City was Bridge City was REALLY SMALL and had no offense or defense.

I was actually rooting for Bridge City since it was their homecoming game. I also thought they were a better team than that.

Just calling it like I and others saw it. I will say this, there was not room for a piss-ant in the BC stands.... Man what a following considering their quality of play.

We had 3 turnovers and still managed to get all those points on them. This is high school football jody not the NFL. In high school especialy on the 4th game of the year, you will have mistakes that will be corrected later on during the season. Come on now think about what you say.

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 02:40 PM
True. The Jasper/Silsbee game should get both teams ready for the playoffs. Hopefully it will be an injury free game.

Hupernikomen
10-13-2004, 02:56 PM

Seems BC has faired pretty well over the last few years, and the people in that area of the state always support their teams, much like you see in BH. Nice to have fans who aren't of the fair weather variety.

2003 BC No playoffs
2002 C Reg. Finals
2001 BC State-Semis
2000 BC lost 2nd round

BC is a quality 3A program that is down a bit this year, but has improved from last year and will make the playoffs again. Who knows BC and BH just might hook up again this year...seems like last time that happened they had a pretty good offense and defense according the scoreboard that night. :eek:

Jody
10-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Seems BC has faired pretty well over the last few years, and the people in that area of the state always support their teams, much like you see in BH. Nice to have fans who aren't of the fair weather variety.

2003 BC No playoffs
2002 C Reg. Finals
2001 BC State-Semis
2000 BC lost 2nd round

BC is a quality 3A program that is down a bit this year, but has improved from last year and will make the playoffs again. Who knows BC and BH just might hook up again this year...seems like last time that happened they had a pretty good offense and defense according the scoreboard that night. :eek:

Yeah, they do have a good fan base and have always had a good team. One of the guys sitting next to me said they had a lot of very young players. They will get better, no doubt.

Assuming they make the playoffs and BH does play them, I will be there. I will eat my words if BH does not blow them out....promise. I also will eat my words if Jasper does not blow out Silsbee.

Hupernikomen
10-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Of course you think that BH will blow out Jasper too..

Old No. 7
10-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by cowboydogg99
why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat. Nuthin but tha dog in me

These are Wildcats cd99. They like to chase the Dog! :D

j_dog, I too hope it's an injury free game.

Old No. 7
10-14-2004, 07:12 AM
ttt :)

dawgmom
10-14-2004, 08:59 AM
We all still have a lot of football to play after tomorrow night, so I hope both teams come out without injury.

(heeerrrreee kitty, kitty, kitty.....) :D :D

K-ville BBAll 20
10-14-2004, 10:30 AM
989 sports yeah i heard that k-ville spray painted ya'll field house and ya'll ain't go do nothin bout it... only from Sportscenter
9:00 eastern/ 8:00 central

Hupernikomen
10-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by K-ville BBAll 20
989 sports yeah i heard that k-ville spray painted ya'll field house and ya'll ain't go do nothin bout it... only from Sportscenter
9:00 eastern/ 8:00 central

We speak English here.

dawgmom
10-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Well, IF it was spray painted, we will take care of it on the field tomorrow night! See you there, if you dare!

spiveyrat
10-14-2004, 11:33 AM
If the alleged incident did happen, I'm sure some of the locals would know a little more and we would have heard it on here already.

dawgmom
10-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Considering my football playing son was at the fieldhouse last night, and said nothing about it....hmmmmm......

K-ville BBAll 20
10-14-2004, 02:23 PM
watch for #3 from Kirbyville because he has awesome hands and great speed after the catch.

Jody
10-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Of course you think that BH will blow out Jasper too..

No not at all. I want to go watch Jasper play to see how we match up. What is the toughest game you all have left?

I just like to pick funwith Jasper and WOS. I do respect both the teams abilities, just don't agree with the polls.

mojj0_1
10-14-2004, 08:41 PM
I went to the bonfire and there was spray paint on the fieldhouse. Kville was painted on the west side. I was told something else was painted on the back.

dawgmom
10-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Jasper JV defeats Kirbyville....20-12!!! Now tomorrow night, our varsity will avenge the damage to our fieldhouse!

Old No. 7
10-14-2004, 11:03 PM
CONGRATS to the JV Bulldogs. That was an exciting game. The Cats never gave up but the Dogs had a litttle more speed. I can't wait till tomarrow night.

I hope that spray paint job was not true. I'm looking forward to some good, friendly competition. :)

mechanic
10-14-2004, 11:21 PM
We will not get mad but we will get even, I know for a fact that the word Kville was painted on the back of the field house. Tomorrow night Jasper will even the score on the field. nuff said:D

dawgmom
10-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Yes, there were some words painted on the fieldhouse in two places. They have been painted over. We WILL take care of this on the field.

dawgmom
10-15-2004, 08:47 AM
And by the way Kirbyville kids who did this......Thanks for really getting our guys extra fired up! We needed that with this being homecoming and the possibility of loosing focus. Thanks!

K-ville BBAll 20
10-15-2004, 09:47 AM
# 15 from K-Ville has avenged his spot so you better watch for that 6"4" frame going for the ball.

x-pro
10-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Has anybody considered the possibility that it might have been some Jasper folks that just want to motivate their players? Whoever would vandalize a school's fieldhouse has no class anyway. It's probably just some thugs that have never played a down of anything in their lives. If a kid would do something like this, a coach would probably already know his character, and he would not be a part of something as honorable as a fine program like Jasper and Kirbyville have. Just play ball.

Old No. 7
10-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by x-pro
Has anybody considered the possibility that it might have been some Jasper folks that just want to motivate their players? Whoever would vandalize a school's fieldhouse has no class anyway. It's probably just some thugs that have never played a down of anything in their lives. If a kid would do something like this, a coach would probably already know his character, and he would not be a part of something as honorable as a fine program like Jasper and Kirbyville have. Just play ball.

That thought sure crossed my mind. :thinking:

Old No. 7
10-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Any down low meet & greet planned for tonight?

I'm sorry about the field house but not about the Cats winning on homecomeing night. :eek:

dawgmom
10-15-2004, 12:51 PM
What happened with the fieldhouse really was very minor, just some words spray painted. It's already been covered up. As for a meet and greet, well the alumni association is having a tailgate party before the game and some of us are meeting there! You are welcome to join us! It will be in the lot behind the home stands, across from the band hall.

BlueBlood
10-15-2004, 12:55 PM
That's a Jasper coaches ploy to fire up his players. Old as the hills. I can't believe kids still fall for that.

dawgmom
10-15-2004, 12:59 PM
I really believe that our coaches and players are too proud of the improvements made to our fieldhouse to do that. Now, it could have been some miscreants from Jasper, or not. I don't know. But I think our coaches have too much class to stoop to that. Besides, they have other ways of motivating our team. Consider last nights JV game. Down 12-8 at half time, looking AWFUL! Came back in the second half and finished at 20-12! Pretty good motivational speech given at halftime.

Hupernikomen
10-15-2004, 01:57 PM
stupid mess happens like this all over the state every year. mostly of the time it isn't too severe. Splendora vandalized our stuff two years in a row and once they spray painted our new community library sign that was made out of all wood. Pretty low blow but who knows who really did it?