IHStangFan
10-10-2004, 11:37 PM
i think this will be a good game.....Ingleside by 14

IHStangFan
10-12-2004, 07:25 AM
anyone........anyone?

Doon
10-12-2004, 07:37 AM
Talked to the boy when he got home last night and asked if the intensity is gone. He said, "Hell No, we have a goal and we are going to get that goal". Really don't want a let down after taking out the bitter rival; Coach Hessletine will not let that happen.

IHStangFan
10-12-2004, 07:52 AM
right.....dont want them to pull the upset, then get cocky and get upset themselves....hope Hesseltine keeps them focused.

Blastoderm55
10-12-2004, 05:35 PM
I know Ingleside is going in fired up, as they've lost to Mathis who knows how many years in a row, but I'm going to put the Pirates on top, continuing the winning streak. Mathis by 13.

sinton66
10-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Not a chance. Ingleside by 21. Hesseltine has these kids fired up, and they're just now peaking out.

big daddy russ
10-12-2004, 06:46 PM
My boys won't get challenged until the last week of October. Mustangs by 20.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Mathis by 2 'Stangs just cant beat the pirates:D :D

Gobbla2001
10-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Mathis Smathis, The Side by about 17...

Blastoderm55
10-12-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm counting on Mathis to stop the big play of Ingleside. Remember though they only allowed 3 rushing yard for AP, that the Mustangs themselves had under 100. Had A-P managed to defend those two big passes, it'd probably be a different ball game. Coach Zepeda is no doubt readying his secondary for Ingleside's passing attack. So long as the Pirates keep Webb and Stacy from turning the corner, and don't allow Mustang receivers to get behind them, they should prevail. I'll stand by Mathis winning by 13.

IHStangFan
10-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Mathis will not be able to stop Webb and Stacy....but Ingleside's Offense is much deeper than just Webb and Stacy. You have to watch out for WR Zach Adams, Joel Johnson, etc. etc. You also cant count out the Mustang's D after last week....they are capable of stopping the O, as well as scoring. On D, you have Austin Pearl looking strong, and standout Freshman Josh Coffield. not to mention Michael Fenton at LB..this kid is FAST! do not underestimate the Mustangs.....i think this will be a good game...but unless Mathis somehow shifts gears...there is no WAY they beat Ingleside come friday. just my .02

Blastoderm55
10-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Its going to be a good game. This isn't the Mathis that Ingleside has seen the past eight seasons. They're no longer running the Wing-T, so stacking the line as they did against A-P won't help the Mustangs much, as the Pirates are now running a lot of the option, so they'll be going outside just as often as Ingleside's offense does.

Its certainly exciting to see what a good coach was able to do with Ingleside's program. Its without a doubt going to bring out the best in every team in 30-3A.

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 08:27 PM
does Mathis have much speed on D this year?

sinton66
10-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'm counting on Mathis to stop the big play of Ingleside. Remember though they only allowed 3 rushing yard for AP, that the Mustangs themselves had under 100. Had A-P managed to defend those two big passes, it'd probably be a different ball game. Coach Zepeda is no doubt readying his secondary for Ingleside's passing attack. So long as the Pirates keep Webb and Stacy from turning the corner, and don't allow Mustang receivers to get behind them, they should prevail. I'll stand by Mathis winning by 13.

Two big plays? wasn't the score something like 33-7? Where'd the other 19 points come from?

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Two big plays? wasn't the score something like 33-7? Where'd the other 19 points come from? thats kinda what i was wondering...i was AT the game...and there was not "2 big plays" that made the diff. in this game...Ingleside came out and dominated AP from the opening kickoff where they stopped AP near the endzone after kickoff..then tackled the AP runner in the endzone for what should have been a safety...and never let up.

SintonFan
10-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Ingleside by 35...

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Ingleside by 35...

dont believe the hype 35 points margin to great on teams that are some what even. If Ingleside does win by that margin they have move up a level of play, which could mean title contenders this year

SintonFan
10-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
dont believe the hype 35 points margin to great on teams that are some what even. If Ingleside does win by that margin they have move up a level of play, which could mean title contenders this year
I disagree. Mathis is good but these teams are not even IMHO. Just a hunch maybe but I think it won't be close.:)

big daddy russ
10-14-2004, 11:43 PM
I think Ingleside wins, but Mathis has tradition on their side. They won't go down without a fight.

TxRedneck13
10-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Ingelside by 21 not a problem there

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 06:57 AM
i wonder how much the cooler weather is gonna effect the game...if at all?? i also wonder what the field conditions are at Mathis.

Sinton94
10-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
i wonder how much the cooler weather is gonna effect the game...if at all?? i also wonder what the field conditions are at Mathis.

Are you kidding! This is prime time football weather. Let the games begin!:cool: :cool: :cool:

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Are you kidding! This is prime time football weather. Let the games begin!:cool: :cool: :cool: oh i agree!! i was actually refering more to the field conditions and the fact that the players havent played in anything less than 85 degrees or so...and now it may be in the 50s tonight....most probably arent used to the chill in the air....ball could sting some hands...etc. but i agree...i LOVE this kinda weather for football!!

Sinton94
10-15-2004, 07:58 AM
Trust me the kids will perform even better in weather like this.

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 07:59 AM
yeah....i really wish i was gonna be able to see some football tonight...but i'm gonna be on the road :(

SINTON81
10-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Mathis needs a win. I think they will play tough and win it in a close game. Mathis by 2.

big daddy russ
10-15-2004, 08:21 AM
You know, Mathis fans on this site have always been classy posters. Makes it hard to root against them. I remember a few years back (I think it was the 2002 season) after Mathis pasted us they had nothing but good things to say about our team.

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Ingleside has had talent the past few years.....they just had no coaching....its hard for the kids to win when the offensive scheme is changed weekly. they have a new coach and an offense that is tailored to the kids we have.....

mikecheck
10-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Good luck to the Mustangs tonight at our town. Good weather, looking forward to a good game. We'll give everything we got like always. You guys are looking very impressive. We lost probably two starters on defense for the year, but some young ones have stepped up. Just worried about their inexperience at varsity level. Totally different pace for them. They have been working hard and know that they have a tall task ahead. I'll have the best seat in the house in the press box. Looking forward to it. I work at the Naval Station in Ingleside so you can imagine what kind of conversations I have had all week. Sinton and AP will also be a great game. I listen to the games while in the press box and relay scores to the announcer at half time. I do the spotting for him so I usually watch the whole game through my binoculars. I try no to miss players making plays, but sometimes even with the binos I still miss some. Good luck to you guys and lets all come out without major injuries.

mikecheck
10-15-2004, 01:09 PM
ttt

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 01:11 PM
heya Mike, thanks man. good luck to the Pirates tonight as well. Mathis has always played Ingleside hard...and i'm sure tonight will be no exception.

mikecheck
10-15-2004, 01:12 PM
u got it