PDA

View Full Version : Tarpons Playoff run in '04

BlueCloud
10-10-2004, 11:24 PM
How far do you think the Tarpons of Port Isabel will run this year into the playoffs?:thinking: :doh:

Chris Hart
10-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Until they meet Liberty Hill....

footballgal
10-10-2004, 11:44 PM
LOL:D I guess well find out soon enough.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Liberty Hill has proven to be extremely amazing. I have been keeping up with their stats ever since I saw them beat someone like 75-0! Port Isabel, I'm from Rice and I know you boys got talent, but woah, Liberty Hill is incredible this season or they have a pretty easy schedule.

Chris Hart
10-11-2004, 09:56 AM
I wasn't saying that as a knock to Port Isabel at all, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I know the Tarpons have a good team and they beat Liberty Hill in a close game in last year's playoffs. But, IMO the Tarpons lost alot of talent, where Liberty Hill just got better. The Panthers top 2 leading rushers from last year were sophomores, and now have a year of experience under their belts. The Liberty Hill backfield is a 4 headed monster with the QB. I expect 3 of their backs to be over 1000 yards this week. I expect the QB to eventually do the same even after mising some games due to injury. They are averaging almost 600 yds/game rushing, and are the top rushing team in the state regardless of classification.:eek:

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks, Chris, for the support. I know at least 1, Lawhorn, hit 1000 Friday, possibly all 3. I've heard he leads the state with TD's scored at 23, but I don't have confirmation on that. I can't wait to get the paper tomorrow, since the game box wasn't listed this weekend.

PI folks, if our teams should meet up again in the playoffs, I predict it will be a tough, close game. That's as far as I'm willing to take the prediction. :)

Gobbler Fan
10-11-2004, 10:20 AM
WoW:eek: .......what type of O does LH run ?

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
WoW:eek: .......what type of O does LH run ?

Smash-mouth, in your face O. :D

Gobbler Fan
10-11-2004, 10:34 AM
My type of game :clap:

Kool Tarpon 21
10-11-2004, 11:20 AM
LH runs the Slot-T offense. All that misdirection. Port Isabel is very familiar with that offense. Now for the question, I have to agree with LH Panther Mom. It will be a close game. Whoever can get the least mistakes will win. Peace up, A-Town down.

GO TARPONS!!!

CheerMom
10-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Kool Tarpon 21, are you playing for TLU this year?

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Kool Tarpon 21
10-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Got this rough playoff brackets from Rgvsports

First Round

W-25(Wharton)
R-26(Halletsville or Edna)

W-27(Liberty Hill)
R-28(Marion or South San)

W-29(Devine)
R-30(Aransas Pass)

W-31(CC. West Oso)
R-32(Lyford/Raymondville/Rio Hondo)

R-25(Sweeny/Needville)
W-26(Yoakum)

R-27(Llano)
W-28(La Vernia)

R-29(Cotulla or Carizzo Springs if they make it)
W-30(Ingleside)

R-31(San Diego)
W-32(Port Isabel)

Round Two

Wharton vs Liberty Hill

Devine vs CC. West Oso

Yoakum vs La Vernia-either one could win

Ingleside vs Port Isabel-should be tuff P.I

Round Three

Wharton vs Devine-yup no rematch LH sorry

Yoakum/La Vernia vs Port Isabel

Round Four

Wharton vs Port Isabel-sorry P.I but Wharton is a major passing GOOD team.But hey this game can go either way if P.I can stop the passing game.

If PI manages to get past Wharton Im sorry but your going to meet up with JASPER and that the FIFTH round is when the season ends.But then again you never know.

Tiny
10-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Round Three

Wharton vs Devine-yup no rematch LH sorry

I don't think I would bet much on this Info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It might be wiser to just enjoy the season and see how it all plays out.

Chris Hart
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
I'd take LH over Wharton anyway!

LHMom
10-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Chris - Thanks again for being the #1 LH fan from Burnet.

purplenails
10-11-2004, 10:43 PM
HI! l.h. mom.

PI-fan
10-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
But, IMO the Tarpons lost alot of talent, where Liberty Hill just got better.

After 6 games this PIs team is ahead of last yrs team, defensively better, offensively well they just need a consistant passing attack (i believe they only have like 4-6 pass attempts per game for the last 3 games )

The running game is upto par to last yrs at this same time... they may not get as many breakaway plays cuz there is no real 'Missle' replacement, but there HAS been about 2-3 breakaway runs a game so far... which is surprising. I'm really surprised by Vela & Grisham & Herrera and the qb in rushing. Not to mention Woods playing good defense and exceptional 'Roy Williams' hitz on special teams #6 Espinoza? is also a very good all-around playa...

The Secondary on paper may not seem as fast as last yr, but these guys have improved a lot and probably got as many INTs maybe more as last yr at this same time.

The punting though is not upto par from last yr, but it's the same punter, so he IS capable of living up to HIS standards

2003 PI team after 6 games(vs La Vernia, PSJA Mem., Fal, RH, Hidalgo, Lyford) pts for-pts against 150-89...

2004 PI team after 6 games(vs Los Fresnos, MT, PSJA Mem., Fal, Hidalgo, Lyford): 205-47

Chris Hart
10-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Chris - Thanks again for being the #1 LH fan from Burnet. Anytime LHMom, I'll gladly eat my crow if it comes down to it, but I think Liberty Hill can play with any 3A team in the state this year. Llano is tough this year, but I see the Panthers just keepin on rollin...:)

Chris Hart
10-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by PI-fan
After 6 games this PIs team is ahead of last yrs team, defensively better, offensively well they just need a consistant passing attack (i believe they only have like 4-6 pass attempts per game for the last 3 games )

The running game is upto par to last yrs at this same time... they may not get as many breakaway plays cuz there is no real 'Missle' replacement, but there HAS been about 2-3 breakaway runs a game so far... which is surprising. I'm really surprised by Vela & Grisham & Herrera and the qb in rushing. Not to mention Woods playing good defense and exceptional 'Roy Williams' hitz on special teams #6 Espinoza? is also a very good all-around playa...

The Secondary on paper may not seem as fast as last yr, but these guys have improved a lot and probably got as many INTs maybe more as last yr at this same time.

The punting though is not upto par from last yr, but it's the same punter, so he IS capable of living up to HIS standards

2003 PI team after 6 games(vs La Vernia, PSJA Mem., Fal, RH, Hidalgo, Lyford) pts for-pts against 150-89...

2004 PI team after 6 games(vs Los Fresnos, MT, PSJA Mem., Fal, Hidalgo, Lyford): 205-47 Hey, believe me, I'm not knocking you guys. I know yall have a great team again this year. But, I stand firm in my belief that Liberty Hill will finally win the Reg IV Championship this year, and I don't care if Cuero or Wharton stand in their way, I'll still take the Panthers. Good luck to the Tarpons as well!:)

Gobbla2001
10-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Yah, LH sounds scary, very dangerous offense there...

But you saw Wharton play last year, not this year, their offense is 10 times as good...

From what I hear, I honestly do not believe that Wharton could stop LH's offense...

But if that O is clickin' for Wharton you better hold on to your seats, like being on a rollercoaster...

Chris Hart
10-11-2004, 11:09 PM
You're right I haven't seen Wharton this year, only the last two. But, I have seen Liberty Hill, and I've seen the Fredericksburg team that beat Wharton. Liberty Hill would steamroll Fredericksburg!

Gobbla2001
10-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
You're right I haven't seen Wharton this year, only the last two. But, I have seen Liberty Hill, and I've seen the Fredericksburg team that beat Wharton. Liberty Hill would steamroll Fredericksburg!

LH would steam roll Fredericksburg with the run, Wharton couldn't do it with the pass... two different styles of offense there...

Going by the 'who beat who' only works for rankings etc.. and can only give you ideas of outcomes with simular offenses and defenses... No simular offenses with LH and Wharton at all...

Another example...

Cuero beats Yoakum in '02, Yoakum beats Gonzales in '02, so Cuero beats Gonzales a couple of weeks later, right?

Not only did we not beat Gonzales, we lost 42-13... at home... Why?

Yoakum ran a different defense and offense than we did (okay, plus Gonzales hates us ha)...

Chris Hart
10-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Give me Liberty Hill!!!!

LHMom
10-12-2004, 10:05 PM
I'll second that!

footballgal
10-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Mr Chris Hart I have a question? Is that you posting on the RGV Board as a LH Panther? I am starting to think it might be someone from Burnet if it's not you is it??????:confused: 1st it was a LHBulldog, cuz he said he liked Bullgdogs? I ask because it seems to me you stand up for LH alot.

Originally posted by LibertyHillPanther:
MOJO you actually think that Liberty Hill will lose to Wharton.Liberty Hill is going to take Region 4 with ease. Port Isabel will be NO COMPETITION.From what I have read, your star running back is hurt.How sad.Now you don't stand even a little bit of a chance.Try to make if far enough to meet us again Port Isabel, so we can show you why District 27-3A is the BEST.

BURNET STATE CHAMPS,STATE FINALISTS
BANDERA-(I am sure you are familiar with them,ha)STATE CHAMPS
LIBERTY HILL-(2004 STATE CHAMPS)

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2004, 11:18 PM
No, footballgal, most assuredly it is not Chris. Note the way Chris posts versus that dude. The info I've gathered is he lived in LH a couple of years of h.s., then moved to Burnet the last two years of h.s.

footballgal
10-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Oh Ok, so my suspicious were half correct, he is from Burnet. So Sorry Mr. Chris Hart for even suspecting you.:(

PORT ISABEL
10-12-2004, 11:29 PM
It sure seems like everyone in here is all about LH.

What makes LH such a good team?

i mean if its the same kids from last year and the same coach im sure Coach Stump will make the proper adjustments needed to beat this team just as he did last year.

Well thats my opinion, and if LH has any new players and or coaches i would like to know.

PORT ISABEL
10-12-2004, 11:36 PM
I really doubt Liberty hill would ever be able to beat Port Isabel WITH EASE.....

I mean LH has a good program but lets be serious for one moment, We may have #33 out of comission for now but PI has an array of very able runningbacks including a QB that thinks hes a running back.

But goodluck to all teams...

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Not everyone here is all about Liberty Hill. Other than a handful of Burnet folks that support us, it's 2 moms mainly.

I'd like it if there were more contributing posters from every 3a team in the state. Yes, we have the same team, for the most part and the same coach. The main difference is those 2 that were sophomores last year are now juniors and are bigger and faster.

I saw a post from a player from last year's team that said even though he had a hard time admitting it, this year's team is the best LH team so far.

Thanks for your opinion - it's welcome at any time. :)

Chris Hart
10-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
Oh Ok, so my suspicious were half correct, he is from Burnet. So Sorry Mr. Chris Hart for even suspecting you.:( It's OK, no offense taken. I just support our area teams, as most across the state do. I'll even be backing Llano and Wimberley when the playoffs roll around. But the team that I will travel to watch will be the LH Panthers.