PDA

View Full Version : clyde football

tomlandry
10-10-2004, 10:07 PM
what do we do next???????????????????????????

GreenMonster
10-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Hey there Coach Landry,

Is there still a little sawed off, smurf-lookin' Coach on staff there by the name of Greg Beihl???

wildstangs
10-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Its been a quiet weekend from the usual Clyde posters. What can you do though? The road doesnt get any easier at all.

pero chato
10-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by tomlandry
what do we do next???????????????????????????

The only thing you can do is regroup and study the three remaining opponents. Of the three, you need to win at least two for any kind of hope to make the playoffs. Whatever Clyde did last year to beat Wylie, well, try it again. I think it meant putting in a different offense. I doubt the coaches want to do that, but it worked at least once last year...

tomlandry
10-11-2004, 08:59 AM
smruf is still there. yes i was hoping that the kids would respond and let me know but i guess the truth is showing that there defence is not as strong as they thought it was . dont get me wrong clyde players i'm for ya so re-group on this week off and start over one loss in district will not keep you out of the playoffs.

Black_Magic
10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Its been a quiet weekend from the usual Clyde posters. What can you do though? The road doesnt get any easier at all. I agree with you Wildstangs. I would not be suprised If Clyde has won all the games this year that they will already. I think they will have a shot vs Merkel but I think they will lose that one by 7-10 pts. I will be rooting for them anyway. I hope they win out.

Black & Gold
10-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Keep your heads up. You have a good shot at beating Merkel. You never know, you may sneak up on Sweetwater or Wylie. You never know, you may catch them overlooking Clyde. We all know how games go when that happens.

Johnny Moxen
10-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Hey Clyde (especially Big Abe) what happened to the infamous "steel curtain" defense we've ben hearing about? The district race is not over yet, keep playing hard and we'll see how it sorts itself out in the wash.

renegade*dawg
10-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
The only thing you can do is regroup and study the three remaining opponents. Of the three, you need to win at least two for any kind of hope to make the playoffs. Whatever Clyde did last year to beat Wylie, well, try it again. I think it meant putting in a different offense. I doubt the coaches want to do that, but it worked at least once last year...

still can't figure out why they didn't stick with it????

Clyde needs to utilize their athletes.

Who's stats are we worried about?

BulldogsWR20
10-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Clyde needs to utilize their athletes.

And that doesn't mean just the running backs, cause yea they might be good but you have to spread the offense around, and when something isn't working you HAVE to change the gameplan a little. other teams are gonna watch film and see that Clyde is gonna run the ball no matter what even when its not working!

BulldogsWR20
10-11-2004, 09:36 PM
And im not even saying this because im a Wideout, i just want our team to go somewhere in football and its hard to do that when you have bad play calling.

sirhc11
10-11-2004, 09:49 PM
They need to give the ball to Chiappone more. They gave to him once in the first half and it took all ELEVEN Snyder players to bring him down, I think he drug like 5 for 10 yards. They also need to give it to #1 more than they have. He is a pretty good receiver, but I didn't see him playing as much as he should've against Snyder. One more thing, our coaches need to stop worrying about pleasing the SCHOOL BOARD. We are never going to get there if we let the school board run our offense. The coaches are the one who went to school to get a degree in Athletics not the members of the School Board.

wildstangs
10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I agree with you Wildstangs. I would not be suprised If Clyde has won all the games this year that they will already. I think they will have a shot vs Merkel but I think they will lose that one by 7-10 pts. I will be rooting for them anyway. I hope they win out.

I agree Magic. I said it before the Vernon game, I dont think Clyde will win another game. Nothing against Clyde or their fans, I just think the district it too tough.

oh well
10-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Wildstang and Black Magic agree on something it might freeze over tonight huh

tomlandry
10-12-2004, 08:59 AM
this is for bullbogswr20. hum..... have you seen the play calling the last 3 YEARS. it sucks. and the same coach is making the calls. i really feel that that keep us out of the playoffs the last 2 years. so if i remember i saw a letter you had in the paper to keep him. so deal with it because its all about who you are and not what you can do ... i also think #15 and # 22 need the ball alot more. just my thoughts no hard feelings.

vet93
10-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Isn't it interesting that when things are going good...it is all about how good WE are and as soon as there is a downturn it is all about how poor of a job the COACHES are doing. How about everyone taking on some personal responsibility or at least admitting that Snyder was a vastly superior team. The absolute worst thing that you can do right now is starting the BLAME game. It will eat a football team up. You have to believe in your teamates and your coaches.....let the administration/school board deal with who is a good coach and who isn't after the season....it simply just isn't your call.

Originally posted by BulldogsWR20
And im not even saying this because im a Wideout, i just want our team to go somewhere in football and its hard to do that when you have bad play calling.

Black_Magic
10-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Isn't it interesting that when things are going good...it is all about how good WE are and as soon as there is a downturn it is all about how poor of a job the COACHES are doing. How about everyone taking on some personal responsibility or at least admitting that Snyder was a vastly superior team. The absolute worst thing that you can do right now is starting the BLAME game. It will eat a football team up. You have to believe in your teamates and your coaches.....let the administration/school board deal with who is a good coach and who isn't after the season....it simply just isn't your call. WOW! Now you hit the nail right on the head! It could not have been said better.:thumbsup: Look. If Clyde had thrown the ball more I really believe it would have resulted in a bigger loss for clyde. The reason I say that is that the Clyde QB was running for his life 90% of the time when he did try to pass. this would have resulted in mostly either stoping the clock ( bad because this would have given Snyder more time to contiualy ram the ball down clydes throat) and ending with Snyder putting more points on the board. OR Sacks that would put Clyde in an even bigger hole. The Clyde coaches did what they could with what they had. If you bring a Knife to a Gunfight your just out of luck.

Phantom Stang
10-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Way To Go Vet!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BulldogsWR20
10-12-2004, 01:30 PM
this is for bullbogswr20. hum..... have you seen the play calling the last 3 YEARS. it sucks. and the same coach is making the calls. i really feel that that keep us out of the playoffs the last 2 years. so if i remember i saw a letter you had in the paper to keep him. so deal with it because its all about who you are and not what you can do ... i also think #15 and # 22 need the ball alot more. just my thoughts no hard feelings.

And i still support and want to keep the coach and coaching staff, and yea they make mistakes that i have commented on, but they are human and noone is perfect and thats why i wrote the letter and thats why i still support them. I was just suggesting a thought of change

Johnny Moxen
10-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Well as Vet93 stated "a good team can you make you look bad." Unfortunately for Clyde, playing in this district, seems to amplify some of the "opportunites" that they have on their team or within their program.

However, I too have never been that impressed with their coaching staff. I mean they came out and beat Wylie last year with a whole new offense, then they just went back to what wasn't working before. I believe that it all starts with a coaching staff.

tomlandry
10-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen

However, I too have never been that impressed with their coaching staff. I mean they came out and beat Wylie last year with a whole new offense, then they just went back to what wasn't working before. I believe that it all starts with a coaching staff. A-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vet93
10-12-2004, 02:21 PM
I could be wrong but to beat Wylie last year, I think that they switched from a "spread" type offense to more of a power running attack. I don't think that they have gone back to the spread.

Well as Vet93 stated "a good team can you make you look bad." Unfortunately for Clyde, playing in this district, seems to amplify some of the "opportunites" that they have on their team or within their program.

However, I too have never been that impressed with their coaching staff. I mean they came out and beat Wylie last year with a whole new offense, then they just went back to what wasn't working before. I believe that it all starts with a coaching staff.

tomlandry
10-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BulldogsWR20
And i still support and want to keep the coach and coaching staff, and yea they make mistakes that i have commented on, but they are human and noone is perfect and thats why i wrote the letter and thats why i still support them. I was just suggesting a thought of change THOUGHT OF CHANGE................... THATS WHAT I'M SAYING ALOT OF FANS AND I MEAN ALOT QUESTION THE PLAY CALLING FOR THE 3rd YEAR IN A ROW. I'M STILL A BULLDOG AND WILL BE FOR LIFE .. NO MATTER WHAT THE TEAMS RECORD IS!!!

tomlandry
10-12-2004, 02:27 PM
I could be wrong but to beat Wylie last year, I think that they switched from a "spread" type offense to more of a power running attack. I don't think that they have gone back to the spread. THAT WORKED SO WE WENT BACK TO THE SPREAD

renegade*dawg
10-12-2004, 02:30 PM
I mean they came out and beat Wylie last year with a whole new offense, then they just went back to what wasn't working before.

yep. still scratching my head.

vet93
10-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey guys...I can understand your frustration in regards to play calling. Even Southlake Carrol has fans that gripe about play calling to some extent. What I am saying is that it doesn't help anyone to gripe about the play calling in the middle of the season. It undermines the respect and authority of the coaches and does far more damage than good. I will tell you for sure that the coaches are not going to read this board and go "Dang....those guys are right....we need to completely change our offensive philosphy...I am so glad that I read this criticism of what we are doing." Instead, if a coach reads this thread he will probably say, "There goes another bunch of sunday morning qb's. Let's see them go back to school and get a coaching degree and see how well that they would do." Now these coaches may or may not be fair in their statement concerning these criticisms....but the fact is they are unlikely to change a thing. On the other hand....when everyone starts griping in the middle of the season (especially the players and parents) it is a slippery slope that does nothing but get worse and the team ends up shooting itself in the foot because they have no confidence in themselves or their coaches. Just my 2 cents...I really do wish the Bulldogs success.

J-Kwon
10-12-2004, 07:53 PM
No, Clyde hasn't ran the spread since they switched before the wylie game. They run mostly out of the "I" and sometimes shotgun with 2 backs. They are basically running the same offense that they beat Wylie with. Another note, quit blaming the coaches...yall just had a bad game against a good team...it happens. Just rebound and beat Sweetwater. I have supported the coaches fully and I sometimes don't understand his playcalling, but if you execute, it doesn't matter what play you call. Odessa Permian ran a total of 6 plays when they won all those state titles in the 80's. Now i agree, he could mix it up a little more and run a more variety of plays out of a more variety of sets, but it really shouldn't matter. Execution's the name of the game fellas, just go and do it....and another thing, quit being intimidated and worrying about the "big 3" in the district, they are beatable, and you can beat them, just play ball and go do it...screw em', play Clyde football and knock their heads off

Blk&Gold4ever
10-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Isn't it interesting that when things are going good...it is all about how good WE are and as soon as there is a downturn it is all about how poor of a job the COACHES are doing. let the administration/school board deal with who is a good coach and who isn't after the season....it simply just isn't your call.

When were things good?
Administration? Schoolboard? LOL!

Keep your heads up Clyde Football. You still have plenty of season to prove yourselves. :thumbsup:

Bubba-Joe
10-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Bubba Joe thinks that maybe Clyde should start thinkin about them hoop dreams
cause aint no way the beat Sweetwater or Wyile. maybe Merkel

Black_Magic
10-13-2004, 10:20 AM
:thumbsup:

tomlandry
10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
speeking of hoops............. clyde made the play-offs in boys basketball then took the team away from the coach. you figure that one out???

vet93
10-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Maybe you should run for School board....you seem like just the person that can get the job done!:D Your Community needs you...when are the next elections....maybe we can put together a political action committee here on the downlow and get you elected...first we need to know what your platform is...........

Originally posted by Blk&Gold4ever
When were things good?
Administration? Schoolboard? LOL!

Keep your heads up Clyde Football. You still have plenty of season to prove yourselves. :thumbsup:

Stangster
10-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey Clyde (especially Big Abe) what happened to the infamous "steel curtain" defense we've ben hearing about? The district race is not over yet, keep playing hard and we'll see how it sorts itself out in the wash.

I think it was called the "iron curtain" seems like it turned out to be the "tin foil curtain."

just my onion

Blk&Gold4ever
10-13-2004, 07:34 PM
You're right. That was down right ugly. I better work on my people skills before I start my political career.
::evillaugh

Maybe you should run for School board....you seem like just the person that can get the job done!:D Your Community needs you...when are the next elections....maybe we can put together a political action committee here on the downlow and get you elected...first we need to know what your platform is...........