PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs West Columbia

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm going to jump on in and get things started. This ought to be a real shootout. It's shaping up to be a good game, one I hope the Tigers can win big in. It will be a home game and I'm sure played in front of packed stands.

Come on defense, come to play again this next week like ya'll did against Needville! I think the offense can get the job done too! Just don't take anything for granted. Game face on boys, game face!!!!!

Go Big Blue!

Gobbla2001
10-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Wharton's a good shoot-out team...

crabman
10-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Cuero should be interested in this game since it looks like our D1 opponent will be West Columbia, more than likely.

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2004, 08:25 AM
My thinking is this is the game that will decide who will be district champs. I feel it is really between Wharton and West Columbia. Of course, anything can happen, but it just seems to be the likeliest scenario right now. I sure hope Cuero gets West Columbia! No offense Cuero, I admire and respect you guys, but once was enough! lol! West Columbia and Needville are the big schools in our district this year. I'm glad this game is the second one in district play so we can go ahead and get it out of the way, come what may! This game is going to be a real test for Wharton offense, DEFENSE and coaching skills. I feel a strong showing by the defense will be imperative, an absolute must in order for the Tigers to be victorious in this one! The offense better show up too, of course!

Four more days and counting until game day! Let's go Tigers!

scrub c
10-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Yep, should be a good one.
Western Columbia has a chance to make it 4 straight over wharton going back to 1999.

96 WC 41- WH 22
97 WC 20- WH 14
98 WH 38- WC 15
99 WC 30- WH 0
00 WC 21- WH 20
01 WC 40- WH 39
02 DNP
03 DNP

4x100jackets
10-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Crabman Cuero will be small school in the District if Gonzales makes the playoffs.. Cuero will face probably Sweeny the 3rd place school...WC will be big school in the District and will play Gonzales...Wharton will win the District and play the 2nd place team which will be Yoakum......

BIG School
WC Vs Gonzales

Small School
Cuero Vs Sweeny
Wharton Vs Yoakum

pancho villa
10-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Gonzales is not going to make the playoffs.They lost to Luling.

Chris Hart
10-11-2004, 10:07 AM
I thought Gonzales just lost to Luling. If they lose to Yoakum and Cuero like expected they won't make the playoffs, and Cuero will go Div I.

44INAROW
10-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
Crabman Cuero will be small school in the District if Gonzales makes the playoffs.. Cuero will face probably Sweeny the 3rd place school...WC will be big school in the District and will play Gonzales...Wharton will win the District and play the 2nd place team which will be Yoakum......

BIG School
WC Vs Gonzales

Small School
Cuero Vs Sweeny
Wharton Vs Yoakum

lol yes we all know this - but Gonzales making the playoffs is a BIG IF - but that is why we play the games so we will all have to wait and see how it turns out.

RBARKER
10-11-2004, 10:19 AM
I will have to go with West Columbia in this game. I haven't seen Wharton play, but I did watch West Columbia give Barbers Hill all the wanted. West Columbia's Defense is very discaplined and their QB is good. They have a good little running back and if they have to go to the the air they have a talented group of recievers. Good Luck to both teams I'll give West Columbia a 7 point spread int this one.

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Yep, should be a good one.
Western Columbia has a chance to make it 4 straight over wharton going back to 1999.

96 WC 41- WH 22
97 WC 20- WH 14
98 WH 38- WC 15
99 WC 30- WH 0
00 WC 21- WH 20
01 WC 40- WH 39
02 DNP
03 DNP

I sure thought that Wharton played WC last year, and beat 'em. I guess I must have been thinking about the game in 2000. I see though that '00 and '01 were just one point ballgames and not the same personnel as they have now, obviously. These were all when WC was still 4a too! We're just gonna have to wait until Friday night and let the boys do the talking on the field. Remember too, everybody was talking about how Wharton was gonna get blown away by Cuero and the boys definitely showed up to play that night, offense and defense. This just shows that the defense can play when they want to!

Flourhead
10-11-2004, 06:41 PM
the offense definitely showed up but i dont know about yalls defense...

RiverRatDad
10-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Defense didn't show up in Cuero, but the last two games has allowed 233 yards against 4A Fredericksburg and 179 against Needville. A big help has been a balanced offense that has rushed for nearly as many yards as it has gained passing. The best defense is keeping your offense on the field. I think if Wharton limits their turnovers and doesn't give WC a bunch of short fields Wharton wins by 10+.

Flourhead
10-11-2004, 07:01 PM
yeah wharton can beat almost any team if they dont turn the ball over... they had 0 turnovers against cuero and almost won... every other game they've had at least 2

neck_06
10-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Remember too, everybody was talking about how Wharton was gonna get blown away by Cuero and the boys definitely showed up to play that night, offense and defense. This just shows that the defense can play when they want to!

they gave up 55 points in the game........not much defense there.

chubbed_up
10-11-2004, 09:50 PM
whoooooo go wharton! wharton is friggin awesome and trey jones is probably just gonna do WC wrong all night and that RB/TB...i forgot his name but he was #31...is pretty dang good himself

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Flourhead
the offense definitely showed up but i dont know about yalls defense...

When a team holds any other team to only three points, I'm obviously referring to the Needville game, I'd say the defense showed up!

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
they gave up 55 points in the game........not much defense there.

Uh, Cuero gave up 55, we gave up just one more point than they did, 56. I guess I'd have to say not much defense on either side, right? I haven't seen anyone else score like that on Cuero, have you?

raider red 2000
10-12-2004, 07:38 AM
logie joe: i am glad that you support your team, but it seems likeyou get extremely defensive when people start talking bad about wharton. take it easy. it seems like you are trying to answer every possible question and are so defensive that it looks to me that you think your kids wont be ready. i hope they are......also it looks like you are talking to yourself.....every other post is yours....i think that it is kinda funny.

pancho villa
10-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Columbia by 14
They know how to play defense.

BlueBlood
10-12-2004, 08:19 AM
I will go with the home field advantage. Wharton by a TD.

FbCoachB40
10-12-2004, 09:17 AM
WC is a very scrappy team. One thing that should scare Wharton is that they look and play very similar to Fredricksburg. WC keeps on finding ways to win games. The best way to measure these teams is by comparing them to Brazosport (the only team that they have both played). WC won by 2, I believe. Wharton by 10. This doesn't mean that I am saying Wharton wins by 8. Here is my prediction: If Wharton plays 48 min--they win by 15+
If Wharton plays anything less than 48 min--WC by 3

By the way, this is how the playoffs should pan out-

WC vs Cuero
Wharton vs Hallettsville
NEEDVILLE vs Yoakum

mojoman
10-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Yes, Wharton did give up a bunch of points against Cuero. Cuero gave up a bunch of points to Wharton. I don't see many of you guys criticizing Cuero's defence. Remember that these are just young men and the coaches can't play for them.

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
logie joe: i am glad that you support your team, but it seems likeyou get extremely defensive when people start talking bad about wharton. take it easy. it seems like you are trying to answer every possible question and are so defensive that it looks to me that you think your kids wont be ready. i hope they are......also it looks like you are talking to yourself.....every other post is yours....i think that it is kinda funny.

Looks are deceiving and I will continue to post as many and as much as I please, no matter how stupid it may look to you, or anybody else, because quite frankly my dear, I've learned a long time ago to not really give a flip what other people think about me. I'm not being rude, obnoxious, hateful or nasty to anyone. I'm just saying what I feel, when I feel it. If I want to defend the boys, I'll do so and it certainly does not mean I doubt them in the least. If I want to answer every person's post, I'll do that too! By the way, I went back and looked and no I do not have a post every other one. I'm trying to be suppotive the best way I know how. Sorry, if it offends you. If I'm so ridiculous to you, just don't read any more of my posts. It's wonderful to live in the USA and have freedom of choice. Just choose not to read any more of my posts!

Red Raider, seems like I saw that Hitchcock has the Red Raiders as a mascot as I was driving through there one day. Am I close?

pancho villa
10-12-2004, 09:51 AM
loggie support your team, good for you.
But support them next week when they get beat by the necks.

FbCoachB40
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM
OOOOOOOO!!! Red Raider, I think she has pegged you. What a gumshoe you are Joe Bean. HA!

raider red 2000
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM

Red Raider, seems like I saw that Hitchcock has the Red Raiders as a mascot as I was driving through there one day. Am I close?

just giving you a hard time.

maybe?

Kool Tarpon 21
10-12-2004, 10:53 AM
What's Wharton's record? Have they only lost to Cuero? Peace up, A-Town down.

raider red 2000
10-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21
What's Wharton's record? Have they only lost to Cuero? Peace up, A-Town down.

wharton h lost to elcampo, cuero and fredricksburg

BU97
10-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Red Raider, seems like I saw that Hitchcock has the Red Raiders as a mascot as I was driving through there one day. Am I close? [/B][/QUOTE]

The Hitchcock "Red Raiders" are you kidding? Last time I drove through they were the "Bulldogs." If it makes you feel better though, Hitchcock is Red. Must have been having another conversation with yourself.

Guess you aren't the gumshoe that "Neuwanda" thought you were!

raider red 2000
10-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by BU97

The Hitchcock "Red Raiders" are you kidding? Last time I drove through they were the "Bulldogs." If it makes you feel better though, Hitchcock is Red. Must have been having another conversation with yourself. [/B][/QUOTE]

just because hitchcock is the bulldogs.....does that mean that i cant be from there?

i wonder if detective Joe Bean will figure it out?

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2004, 12:02 PM
The Hitchcock "Red Raiders" are you kidding? Last time I drove through they were the "Bulldogs." If it makes you feel better though, Hitchcock is Red. Must have been having another conversation with yourself.

just because hitchcock is the bulldogs.....does that mean that i cant be from there?

i wonder if detective Joe Bean will figure it out? [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't remember the exact little burg I was passing through down Hwy. 6 that was right around that area, but I definitely saw a Red Raider sign through there somewhere. I'll be through there again real soon, so I'll be sure and remember exactly this time around.

raider red 2000
10-12-2004, 12:38 PM
cool....find out where those red raiders are from....try to help me remember where i am from.

gamers
10-12-2004, 02:21 PM
This game is going to be for the District title, no doubt about that. No other team in this district will be able to beat Wharton or West Columbia. Wharton will win this game. It's hard to say by how much because West Columbia is so scrappy. Wharton learned some valuable lessons in the Fredricksburg loss. The great thing about getting ot the playoffs is that District is all that matters. Wharton played a tough "pre-district" schedule. They were in the game in all 3 losses, so they have really played well all year. The defense is getting better and the Tigers are going to roll through District right into the playoffs. These guys are one of the most talented teams in 3A, and they will be tough to beat in the playoffs. I look for Wharton to finish the regular season 7-3 and then advance to at least the 3rd round of the playoffs. Good luck Tigers.

Raider4ever
10-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Ya'll really need to learn to use the quotes and Bold text stuff...

Necked
10-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
The best way to measure these teams is by comparing them to Brazosport (the only team that they have both played). WC won by 2, I believe. Wharton by 10.

Not quite true, FbCoachB40. They both also played Hempstead...
Some interesting stats from those matchups:

Hempstead vs Columbia: (25-0 loss) 2 1st downs-- 46 total yrds.

Hempstead vs Wharton: (49-32 loss) 14 1st downs--265 total yds.

creditcard
10-12-2004, 08:15 PM
put it this way i think wharton is way under rated and come playoff time they gonna start surprising people....if they play together as a team they can be unstoppable i think....trey jones is freakin awesome and he broke like 5 cuero players ankles on one play....by the way those guys had to pick up there ankles after the game..

scrub c
10-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Harris rating has wherton as a 9 point favorite in this one.

the game is being played at wherton high stadium.
I love that stadium because we can sit next to our coaches and listen to the plays being called (since they wont let the coaches in the pressbox.) or at least they didnt last time we played over there.

raider red 2000
10-13-2004, 07:45 AM
i have seen people go on top of the pressbox. usually it looks like camera guys and coaches.....i was once told that the luxury boxes were up there and that most normal people couldnt go up tto the top....i doubt that visiting coaches have to sit in the visitor stands....that would suck.... especially if your team isnt doin so hot....fans in the ears of coaches asking....why did you run that stupid play....sounds like it could be the XFL

scrub c
10-13-2004, 07:54 AM
dude, been there and done that.
and yes our coaches (not scouts) were in that plywood deerstand looking thing calling plays.

Maybe that has change over the past two years.

pancho villa
10-13-2004, 09:06 AM
West columbia has a sweet pressbox.

raider red 2000
10-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Columbia by 14
They know how to play defense.

are you saying that wharton cant play defense?

will your d have a chance?

mojoman
10-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Cuero's defense is pretty good. Wharton rang up 55 on them. Speed kills, Pancho

LogieJoeBean001
10-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by mojoman
Cuero's defense is pretty good. Wharton rang up 55 on them. Speed kills, Pancho

I would have to say Cuero's defense is DARN good. Except for the Wharton game, they haven't given up very many points at all. That pretty much speaks for itself as far as Cuero is concerned.

I'll say it again and again, if the same team that played Cuero shows up this Friday night, then it's going to be Katy bar the door!

raider red 2000
10-13-2004, 01:42 PM

I'll say it again and again, if the same team that played Cuero shows up this Friday night, then it's going to be Katy bar the door!

katy isnt playing.....come on now...this is west columbia and wharton

FbCoachB40
10-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Katy? Is wharton playing Katy?

raider red 2000
10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
according to detective joe bean....maybe?

scrub c
10-13-2004, 02:56 PM
is katy better than western columbia?

Masseter
10-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Isn't Katy a 5A, how are they in Wharton's district?

raider red 2000
10-13-2004, 03:04 PM

yes

Jody
10-13-2004, 03:38 PM

Katy is 5A and are VERY good. They have dominated 5A football for a number of years. I watched them last year in the Astrodome and good lord do they have a Huge offensive line. Those guys must have averaged 330 plus pounds.

BH played West Columbia and they have a quality team. I have not seen Wharton, but they do carry a reputation of being good and they have done well this year.....I think. Now BH or WC playing Katy would be a travisty. Katy is way too deep, much larger, and better coached.

LogieJoeBean001
10-13-2004, 03:48 PM
katy isnt playing.....come on now...this is west columbia and wharton

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt! I wouldn't have expected you to realize an old saying when you heard one.

Necked
10-13-2004, 06:35 PM
He knows...he's just pickin' on you for some reason....kinda like our DB's are gonna be pickin' footballs out of the air this friday...:D

neck_06
10-13-2004, 06:37 PM
thats right

raider red 2000
10-14-2004, 07:37 AM
necked has figured it out about the jokes/sarcasm...unlike detective joe bean....but as far as the picks go, i doubt that will happen.

pancho villa
10-14-2004, 08:26 AM
columbia might have 5 or 6 picks.

FbCoachB40
10-14-2004, 08:35 AM
5 or 6 picks?

Let's see.....pick your nose, pick your butt, pick your ..... I'm stumped

pancho villa
10-14-2004, 08:46 AM
If your going to make jokes at least be funny.

FbCoachB40
10-14-2004, 08:47 AM
like you?

pancho villa
10-14-2004, 08:58 AM
great comeback. Are you from Wharton?

FbCoachB40
10-14-2004, 09:07 AM
I enjoy responding to juvenille posts with juvenille replies. I am just having fun today. I am not sure where I am from, but detective Joe Bean could probably tell you. She seems to know where everyone else is from.

raider red 2000
10-14-2004, 09:15 AM
i thought the jokes were funny...and i'm from hitchcock according to detective joe bean.

mojoman
10-14-2004, 09:41 AM
I thought the joke was funny. A lot of trash being talked. Can WC stop Wharton's running attack? They may not need to pass.

pancho villa
10-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Who has the #1 defense in the district. the necks.

FbCoachB40
10-14-2004, 10:19 AM
I know that Wharton has only given up 169 yds/ game in district. I was told that 88 yds. came in the fourth qtr. against their third teamers.
How much yardage did y'all give up to Stafford?

FbCoachB40
10-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Alot of teams defensive numbers look great BEFORE they play Wharton. Ask Cuero

pancho villa
10-14-2004, 10:35 AM
who has the #1 defense? there it is.

OldEagle73
10-14-2004, 11:03 AM
wc is good so dont take them laying down

raider red 2000
10-14-2004, 11:15 AM
nobody is doubting WC.....they are good.....are they better than Wharton? they have played only one game in district and beat Stafford.....whooopdeedoo. The WC rednecks might bite off more than they can chew, but who knows....we will find out tomorrow.

mojoman
10-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Other than Barbers Hill who has wc played. I honestly do not know. Numbers on either side of the ball do not mean much. In the words of Neil Young "numbers don't add up to nothin'

scrub c
10-14-2004, 02:11 PM
your right them necks aint very good.
Its all "smoke and mirrors".

Listening to our coaches, they seem to be VERY concerned with whartons offense and defense. specifically #11 on O and #31 on both O and D. They are supposedly they real deal.

WC really hasn't played anybody,
Yoakum won
Brazosport won
Lamar Cons won
Hempstead won
Barbers Hill Lost
Stafford won

but dont tell them that, might hurt some feelings.

raider red 2000
10-14-2004, 02:26 PM
yoakum is a good win...quality FB team....are they as fast as the tigers?

Jody
10-14-2004, 03:23 PM
your right them necks aint very good.
Its all "smoke and mirrors".

Listening to our coaches, they seem to be VERY concerned with whartons offense and defense. specifically #11 on O and #31 on both O and D. They are supposedly they real deal.

WC really hasn't played anybody,
Yoakum won
Brazosport won
Lamar Cons won
Hempstead won
Barbers Hill Lost
Stafford won

but dont tell them that, might hurt some feelings.

I am gonna save Neck the trouble....

Your on Crack! WC is a good team and will make the playoffs. They might even win their district. :D :D

As far as Wharton, I don't know enough about Wharton to comment. Unless they are really good, Necks by 7.

Necked
10-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Thats just Scrub C, Jody. He likes to be facetious, as he fully knows that coaches always worry about their next opponents, whoever they are..
As for Yoakum, they are not fast at all. But they are a good example of how it takes more than speed to win, as their upset over a very fast Rice Consolidated showed.....

LogieJoeBean001
10-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Yea, scrub c has for weeks now been trying to stir up trouble for Wharton by posting inflamatory posts about our opponents. You'd think scrub c would have better things to do, but some folks just aren't happy unless they can stir the pot!

raider red 2000
10-15-2004, 07:37 AM
Yea, scrub c has for weeks now been trying to stir up trouble for Wharton by posting inflamatory posts about our opponents. You'd think scrub c would have better things to do, but some folks just aren't happy unless they can stir the pot!

detective joe bean...this is a clean site about HS football. please dont start talking about pot.

scrub c
10-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Yea, scrub c has been trying to stir up trouble for Wharton by posting inflamatory posts about our opponents.

I dont remember, how do I go back and search my previous posts to see what I have been inflamatory about??????

I might need to add some stuff :D

FbCoachB40
10-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Did someone say POT??? Not me, I pass on grass!!

neck_06
10-16-2004, 11:48 AM
for all ya'll who thought that the necks were all talk, take a look at the score:

W.C. 30
Wharton 7

the neck defense had "trey jones and his pack of great recievers" off balance all night, jones only completed 4 passes all night, 2 in the last 30 seconds when the game was over, and one on a screen play. Like i said before the necks are for real.

Necks 04 Shocking the World

neck_06
10-17-2004, 01:02 AM

i don't know what pot you're talking about, but let him keep stirring it, cuz what he said was true, the necks were gonna win, and they did, quite convinsingly too.

neck_06
10-17-2004, 03:28 PM
ha

scrub c
10-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Who brought their defense?

whrtntig1
10-18-2004, 09:17 AM
and the referees