PDA

View Full Version : GO BUFFS!!!

gochargers!!
11-02-2002, 09:33 AM
Congrats on the playoffs!!! Have a good week of practice and GO GET ELGIN!!!

Pudlugger
11-02-2002, 09:58 AM
Great win GoChargers! The Buffs need to put together the best game of the season next week, no turn-overs, control the line of scrimmage and good special teams work and they can beat Elgin. It doesn't change the play-off picture as Giddings goes D2 as the runner-up in 24AAA one way or the other, but it would really make their season. Elgin might not get up for this match seeing as they go D1 anyway, so they are ripe for the upset. Go Buffs! :D

bigcat8
11-02-2002, 12:00 PM
Pud,
Let me ask you a question. Do you think Giddings can control the line of scrimmage versus Elgin?

INOUNVME
11-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Good job Buffs. Heck of a win to secure a play-off birth. Keep the focus going into the Elgin game. Get after those wildcats.

There has been all kinds of posts/rumors on here concerning the Buffs in the past week or so. I think many of those have been put to rest. For the most part, most of us are behind the Buffs (players and staff) 110%. Those folks that are not supportive need to keep the posts and opinions to themselves. Coaches, good job keeping them focused on the task at hand through adversity. Players, thumbs up to you for taking care of business. Keep your heads up and have fun.

bigcat8
11-02-2002, 12:55 PM
Making the playoffs often quiets down a lot of doubters...

Pudlugger
11-02-2002, 01:15 PM
bigcat8:
Pud,
Let me ask you a question. Do you think Giddings can control the line of scrimmage versus Elgin?Tough but not impossible, as this is high school football. Elgin has been inconsistant this season and Giddings is improving. If Elgin takes this game lightly they could be beaten.
The Giddings O is good, they put up more points against the La Grange D than any other team since Yoakum did in week zero (which at that time was a totally different D than what Giddings met in district play). The question is: can the Giddings D hold Elgin to 14 points? If the answer is yes they could win 21-14. It is possible IMHO. :)

bigcat8
11-02-2002, 01:38 PM
In the last 4 games Elgin has been pretty consistant.Scoring 127 points and giving up 13. Elgin's loss to Navasota, yes that was inconsistant play and the defense gave up two big plays vs. LG that accounted for over half of their offense. I understand people like to buddy-up on the this site. I just didn't understand your comment.

Pudlugger
11-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Bigcat8 I think if Elgin and Giddings played 10 times Elgin would win 8 or 9 games that's all. Maybe Giddings can put together a win if they play their best and catch Elgin on an off week. :cool:

buffalo booster
11-02-2002, 04:45 PM
This week may be the one game out of ten that Giddings can beat Elgin...

Buffs are playing well. Homefield advantage. Have beaten Elgin four years in a row. Elgin D will be tuff, but their offense seems to be too reliant upon Isom right now. Should be a low-scoring game, but you gotta go with the Herd.