PDA

View Full Version : Cameron vs. La Grange

theyoefnshow
10-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Normally I would think this would be a nail biter as La Grange is typically very strong but seem to be struggling a bit this year. When you consider that Cameron is averaging 40.3 points a game and La Grange is @ 7.5 points a game, it could get ugly. I'm gonna hope for another shut out though and say the 2nd teamers get a few TDs of their own and say Cameron 49-0. No disrespect to La Grange, I just think it's Cameron's time. They're clicking on all cylinders and this will be a good week to work on the running game. Thoughts?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Don't underestimate La Grange. They have a very strong defense, and they don't give up. They may not have a great record, but they do have heart and the potential to beat any team. Don't look for them to roll over just because Cameron is 6-0 and has been consistently winning big over opponents, because it's just not going to happen.

theyoefnshow
10-10-2004, 09:19 PM
I have no doubt they won't roll over, that's not La Grange's style but I think they are overmatched this week. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll snap out of it because if they lose this week, it's over no matter what else happens. This is pretty much do or die for the Leopards so it could get interesting.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah. It's always interesting to see what a team will do when they are backed into a corner.

fballchick06
10-10-2004, 09:21 PM
lg just isnt clicking this year. the defense is strong and can compete with anyone but the offense just cant get it together. the team has been struggling especially because its been awhile since the last time la grange had a down year and the guys and the fans dont really know how to react to it. hopefully they can get it together soon and try to salvage a few games before the season is over but i think its gonna be a tough night for the leps friday.

theyoefnshow
10-10-2004, 09:33 PM
I know La Grange has been pretty solid since the Dobbins era. That's back in what? 96 and 97? It happens, you can't be dominate every year but I'm sure they'll rebound without any problems as they, like Cameron are used to winning and expect nothing less.

Pudlugger
10-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Cameron's got to be a big favorite this game. Usually the Lep defense has been very touigh giving the O many opportunities to get back into the game. Against Giddings I saw the Lep d kind of deflated and they never really were in the game. This seemed to be an emotional low point for the Leps this season and hopefully they will rebound and show that old fire in the belly attitude that has characterized this team for so many years. I know what it is like to play on a team in a losing season and it is not fun. I also know that the difference between winning and losing hinges for the most part on attitude and emotion. The Leps have enough raw talent to be dangerous but they need to pull together, stop the hemorraging and play errorless football for 4 quarters.

To win the Leps must do the following:
1. Don't turn over the football. No interceptions or fumbles.
2. The recievers need to start catching the football.
3. The O line needs to knock some defensive players down. That means finishing their blocks and keeping their feet driving and maintaining their balance.
4. The option pitches need to be well timed and out in front.
5. The D needs to defend the deep pass preventing the big plays.
6. The D needs to score. They have done a lot of good things this year and are overdue for a score.
7. The coaches need to stay on the game plan. Keeping it simple and going straight at them.

Good luck Leps. Just focus on one game at a time and never give up.:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Good luck Tanner and John.

HornetMom
10-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Good luck Tanner and John.

Based on what I saw at our game, those two are going to be a force to reckon with. Tanner is all over the field and has a part in just about every defensive play. Good luck to all.