PDA

View Full Version : Hey Matthew328

Keith7
10-10-2004, 06:46 PM
how do you feel about your buddy matt diggs talkin crap about our message board???

Keith7
10-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Matt Diggs:

Keith
doesn't understand 27 people posting from their work all day instead of
working from everything about politics to Reggie McNeal's last game is
not really a football forum. It's a conversation.. and last time I
checked, that board has zero content. it's just a message board.
whooptydoo. High message board hits and no content is a sureway to run
into funding problems.

Keith7
10-10-2004, 08:17 PM
i love talking to myself

marlin fan
10-10-2004, 08:31 PM
lol yeah i can tell

HighSchool Fan
10-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Diggs is just mad because his board is boring. He is trying to talk other boards down to try and make his look better. 3A Downlow is the best board running right now.

Chief Woodman
10-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Whoever matt diggs is.

j_dog
10-10-2004, 08:48 PM
For one thing, I don't think this Board has to worry about funding problems! :D

sinton66
10-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Lets play his silly game and NOT give his board a plug here.

Ranger Mom
10-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Good Idea!!

My computer has a mental block when it comes to his board anyway....it shuts me off if I try and go there. (Which I don't - on purpose - but I have that link saved and accidently click on it from time to time) - I guess I should just delete it.

I will do that now......be back in a few!!:p

Gobbla2001
10-10-2004, 08:59 PM
If you're from the DFW area, that board is for you...

Nothing against you DFW guys, but I do not believe that in his mind HS football outside of that area exists....

Keith7
10-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If you're from the DFW area, that board is for you...

Nothing against you DFW guys, but I do not believe that in his mind HS football outside of that area exists....

DFW users can get good info on this board too.. (don't tell old card that though)

Gobbla2001
10-10-2004, 10:16 PM
I think the funniest thing about what all he said, keith, is that his radio show is about 60% inside jokes in between all of the hosts and guests etc..., 20% commercial and 20% football (that would be 'serious' football talk)...

Hypocrit...

I guess when you're message board and community suck (and radio show), you seem to take it out on the best...

Keith7
10-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think the funniest thing about what all he said, keith, is that his radio show is about 60% inside jokes in between all of the hosts and guests etc..., 20% commercial and 20% football (that would be 'serious' football talk)...

Hypocrit...

I guess when you're message board and community suck (and radio show), you seem to take it out on the best...

I agree.. i listened to one because it had some commentary about the Gainesville-Celina game.. and i just about shot myself listening to that crap... and when they finally got to the game it was only like a 2 minute segment in an hour and a half show..the rest was Matt diggs talking about plano east and joking with his friends.. what kinda football content is that??

the radio show is a good idea.. but talk about something people can relate to.. dont just make it entertaining to your buddys

Gobbla2001
10-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
dont just make it entertaining to your buddys

Right on, man...

Raider4ever
10-10-2004, 11:57 PM
never herd of this guy!

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Oh link me to this guy's site, I gotta see this. He sounds like a 4 year old!

spiveyrat
10-11-2004, 06:40 AM
There are other boards??? :eek:

Phantom Stang
10-11-2004, 07:08 AM
It's at www.texasprepxtra.com

Matthew328
10-11-2004, 09:53 AM
I didn't hear what was said....could someone fill me in?

Matthew328
10-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Matt wasn't talking about this board when he made his comments on his board.....I just read it and I know who he was talking about...

Give Matt a break..he's a good guy with agood site who lets me plug this site on his radio show...something he doesn't have to do......I encourage you to check out texasprepxtra.com

You may not get all the inside jokes on the radio show but there is lots of good info on the show if you just fight through it! LOL

Ranger Mom
10-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Matt wasn't talking about this board when he made his comments on his board.....I just read it and I know who he was talking about...

Give Matt a break..he's a good guy with agood site who lets me plug this site on his radio show...something he doesn't have to do......I encourage you to check out texasprepxtra.com

You may not get all the inside jokes on the radio show but there is lots of good info on the show if you just fight through it! LOL

I also read it and know exactly who he is talking about too...his favorite "whipping boy"!

Diggs need to grow up and realize the site he is talking about is MUCH better than his! That CRAP is the main reason i don't post on that board anymore!

SintonFan
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Is he talkin about the pig?

Keith7
10-11-2004, 02:13 PM
the quote that i made he was talking about 3adownlow.. but the thread that he made my original quote on may have been about the pig

maybe that is confusing, but heres the link
click here (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=984&fid=798&style=2&tid=40591833&Page=1)

SintonFan
10-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Well, I've talked to Matt and he had only good things to say about the Low. lol He might be just making a pitch to folks who've been ROMed here...;)
Most of what he said(politics and such) don't happen here.:p

Horseymen
10-12-2004, 01:12 AM
I'd like to clear things up, and then maybe a moderator will lock this.

Let me briefly introduce myself. My name is Matt Diggs. I am the metroplex head football writer for TexasPrepXtra.com. We are the state's largest website and a subsidary of rivals.com and studentsports.com. We are also loosely associated from several years ago with the Xtra format/television show. Our state rankings are posted in 65 newspapers and I contribute to the Fab 50 national rankings.

My function on the website is not to be a politically correct happy happy place, but to tell things in a different way and give an honest assessment (on everything but Plano East football). It is a different style of website, but certainly has done a decent job in obtaining almost 20,000 website readers and 500 paid subscribers to see exclusive content. If you've heard of me, you know who I am, if you haven't, that's fine as well.

A second nature of my job is to be an advocate for the metroplex. Anyone we hire to handle South Texas, San Antonio or the Panhandle in the future must also be an advocate for their areas. it's not my job to know anything outside of the metroplex.

Several of you have badmouthed the radio show, and that's your right. 10,000 listeners obviously seem to like it, and we are beginning to have sponsors come out of the woodwork as well. In 3A news, in this week, we have a 25 minute interview with David Smoak (voice of East Texas) having an indepth conversation about East Texas 3A football. Of our 8 weekly segments, 1 of them is fun and games, 1 is predictions which is kinda fun and games, and the rest are indepth analysis of each of the major regions around the state.

Now, with introductions out of the way...

The "state of the forum" original post was made in regards to 5ATexasfootball.com and their intellectual elitist behavior (in my opinion). If you look at the original post on that website, my post basically took exactly their post and worded it for our website.

Keith came on and said his board was much better and had a zillion posts. I figured he was referring to the pig.. that has no content, no sponsors and a bazillion posts about n. 3adownlow.com does not get as many hits as our website, that's why I figured he was talking about the pig.

3Adownlow.com is one of 5 or 6 approved links that I allow on the message boards because I know Matt and several of the administrators and this is an amazing website. I don't mind helping you guys out in drawing new users to a community. At the end of the day, it's not competition. You guys can do what we can do, but we can't do what you guys do. This website is in a league in and of itself. Make sure you support this website via their donation areas. Although the website I am an employee for, advocate of and head writer with (enough prepositions for you?) is making a significant yearly profit, I know first hand the costs of the website. Even sending a dollar a month to these guys would do a world of wonders.

The thread in no way referred to Christopher Lyke's Texashsfootball.com. I find it hilarious that people assumed as such. Chris's message boards are another great community, and hopefully his users will rally and help fund his website as well.

Keith, I don't mind you blabbing your mouth and being an advocate for this website -- but get your information straight. I love 3adownlow.com and this website, its moderators and my website are on EXCELLENT terms, and I supoprt them 110%.

HighSchool Fan
10-12-2004, 01:48 AM
Hey Matt, I know you, You're the one that had Whitesboro as a top 10 team in the DFW area of 3A football. I tried to tell you then you had them to high. Do you want that crow now or after the season?

Horseymen
10-12-2004, 02:04 AM
Whitesboro still might make the playoffs! Tough non-district schedule, they'll get it going. (I'm trying real hard to sound convincing,but it's not working).

Horseymen
10-12-2004, 10:33 AM
And if someone told me at the beginning of the year, I'd have to pay attention to Iowa Park as Gainesville has 3 losses, are an underdog to pilot point, and watch out for Bonham.. I would have probably just gone back to ranking 5A/4A.