PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill and Huffman

Eagles52
10-10-2004, 04:18 PM
This game is one of the most anticipated in the district for sure, could decide the district championship, although no one is discounting Liberty just yet. 5-1 Huffman travels to 6-0 Barbers Hill where the defense has allowed 14 points in 3 home games (all to Diboll) and havent lost a game since 2002 against 4a Dickinson. Huffman brings in a hardnosed running game and tough defense of their own, and havent lost since the first game of the season against 4a Santa Fe. Should be a tough game, fun to watch, so lets hear some predictions, maybe some good natured smack talk...

Bobcatfan4life
10-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Barbers Hill by 10

RBARKER
10-10-2004, 08:36 PM
This should be a good game. I know Huffman will be up to the challenge they would love to knock off the Hill at home. BH hasnt given up a district lose at home since 98 and I don't think they will this year. Huffman has a huge Offensive line averaging something like 270 LBS. The BH Defense is strong and I don't Thinkg Huffman has played against a D like the Hill's. Huffman will keep our starters in this week , But BH will defend its hoome field and come away with a 14 point victory.

Final Prediction
BH - 28
Huffman - 14

hsfootballrules
10-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Closer than everyone thinks

BH 28
Huffman 24

mistanice
10-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Since it's District, I would think the game will be very close. I think BH will win but not by much.

RBARKER
10-11-2004, 08:00 AM
ttt

exbccards76'smom
10-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Barbers Hill should take this one...but it will be a good game.

http://www.trianglefootball.net/football/2004/orangefield/bc2004pic0081.jpg

falcons79
10-11-2004, 09:17 AM
I agree this will be a tough game, but I have to give my boys some lovin and say Huffman by a touch down.

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 10:32 AM
if the games at the hill then this is a hill blowout...the hill is the closest thing to home field advantage in the district....i was scared when our boys played there in high school

RBARKER
10-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Come on folks this game could who will be district champ. I no there is some more Eagle and Huffman folks out there. Let talk!!

Jody
10-11-2004, 02:06 PM
I think it will be a tough game for both. I would love to see BH blow them out by 21 or more, but Huffman has a good team.

My gosh, I sound like a politician! Let me try it again:

Eagles will beat the ever living crap out of Huffman.....LOL

bhillfan
10-11-2004, 02:07 PM
i dont think it will be that close, seeing as its a home game and how weve been playing, Ill take the hill by a few touchdowns if they operate like they should. I remember going out last year and practicing just on stopping their running game and huffman came out throwing which caught us offgaurd so they might mix it up some.

theonly11
10-11-2004, 09:51 PM
It will be a good game and a close one to the end. Someone please tell me why Liberty gets lost in the mix when people talk about district 23-3a's champ. To be the champ, you have to beat the champ, and the last time I checked, Liberty hasnt lost in district yet. my pick is BH 20-14.

Old Cardinal
10-11-2004, 10:24 PM
I think that the two teams of quality are Huffman-Hargraves and Barbers Hill. The Hill should be the strongest, but it will be a real contest. As for Liberty, maybe that lack of discipline that cause them to start all the fights in the seasons early scrimmages has come home to roost. I think that Liberty has a little weaker line this year and they will not be able to contend with the likes of H-H and BH. They sure have had a disappointing season thusfar. I will say this, I figured Kirbyville by 14+ points over Liberty but they held the Wildcats to only 10 points.

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by theonly11
It will be a good game and a close one to the end. Someone please tell me why Liberty gets lost in the mix when people talk about district 23-3a's champ. To be the champ, you have to beat the champ, and the last time I checked, Liberty hasnt lost in district yet. my pick is BH 20-14.

you've played one district game

Hupernikomen
10-11-2004, 11:59 PM
This game was a very close game last year with BH fortunate to walk away with the win. BH will be thirsty to regain the district title, and Huffman will be wanting to beat BH so bad (like everyone else does)...the difference is that I think both teams are better in some respects but BH is more capable of stopping the run this year.

BH 31
Huffman 21

Jody
10-12-2004, 06:34 AM

Simple: Liberty SUCKS! Glad I could offer an a professional opinion. :D

A little 2003 frustration.....hahahaha :D

Jody
10-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
This game was a very close game last year with BH fortunate to walk away with the win. BH will be thirsty to regain the district title, and Huffman will be wanting to beat BH so bad (like everyone else does)...the difference is that I think both teams are better in some respects but BH is more capable of stopping the run this year.

BH 31
Huffman 21

I know you could not wait to here my opinion, so here it is.

I actually don't think BH is as good as we should be at stopping the run. We lost a little by way of the linebackers this year, but last year was an above average year for those guys. Don't get me wrong, we are better than most, but we do give up a few yards on the ground. We are much improved on pass coverage, which has been the difference.

Our other downside is a off-balance offense. We tend to be a three deminsional offense, which will cost us aganist a really good defense. One other downside is we are not real good at stopping a pass rush and/or throwing the screen passes.

All this said, we still will beat the crap out of WOS or Jasper.......:D

BlueBlood
10-12-2004, 08:18 AM
With friends like Jody providing Bulletin Board material for all our opponents we don't need any enemies.

RBARKER
10-12-2004, 08:18 AM

Liberty has started the season 1-5 thats why they are lost in the mix. Liberty will have to do a major turn around to regain their district Champ. status. Yall did beat Tarkington pretty good which made the district stand up and notice but Tarkington isnot a BH or HH. Yall sqeaked out a win against BH last year at your house this year BH will repay the favor.

Rainman
10-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Barbers Hill v Huffman
The Hill can win if they are ready to come out and play. Last year the Eagles were losing at half time and came back to win. Huffman always has a big and powerful o-line which always makes for a great runner.
BH-28
Huffman-21

falcons79
10-12-2004, 10:29 AM
I think you have two very skilled teams meeting friday night. I think the win will go to the one who wants it the most. I wish both teams the best of luck, but I still have to lean towards Huffman..their my boys.....

OldEagle73
10-12-2004, 11:49 AM
before i say anything bout the game, i agree with jody liberty ya'll just suck plain and simple, and ya'll barly beat tarkington what 15-6 i think, and they suck, huffman and bh i think personnaly bh is giong to murder huffman, cause bh is thristy for the title of district champs back.

Jody
10-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by OldEagle73
before i say anything bout the game, i agree with jody liberty ya'll just suck plain and simple, and ya'll barly beat tarkington what 15-6 i think, and they suck, huffman and bh i think personnaly bh is giong to murder huffman, cause bh is thristy for the title of district champs back.

HAHAHA Come on in here, the water is just fine in "Time Out".

bhswampthang
10-12-2004, 02:36 PM
This game won't even be close. BH has always had huffman's number and the story won't change this year. BH by a bunch! Old Eagle is gay

Jody
10-12-2004, 02:47 PM
HAHAHAHA Now that is funny! Come on in with us, the water is fine...LOL

RBARKER
10-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Hey BH and Huffman did you see the new AP poll. THey have Liberty ranked above BH. They must have realy been impressed with that Tarkington win. Good lord give me a break.

Class 3A

Team Rec Pts Pvs

1. Cuero (11) 6-0 174 1
2. Decatur (6) 6-0 166 2
3. Jasper (2) 5-1 142 3
4. Kennedale 5-0 124 4
5. West Orange-Stark 3-2 101 6
6. Gilmer 7-0 89 7
7. Liberty Hill 5-1 70 8
8. Perryton 5-1 51 9
9. Sinton 5-2 34 10
10. Navasota 5-1 24 5

WHO DROPPED OUT: None.

Also receiving votes: Iowa Park 16, Port Isabel 11, Cameron Yoe 8, Tatum 6, Longview Spring Hill 5, China Spring 5, Canyon 5, Snyder 4, Liberty 4, Canton 3, Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 2, Marlin 1.

AggieJohn
10-12-2004, 03:57 PM
i know rbarker......i don't understand that either.....liberty is talented yes, but yall sport a better record and a better defense

EAGLETOWN
10-12-2004, 05:05 PM
The Hill keeps on ROLLIN.

Eagles 41
Falcons 14

Old No. 7
10-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Simple: Liberty SUCKS! Glad I could offer an a professional opinion. :D

A little 2003 frustration.....hahahaha :D

LOL :D

Old No. 7
10-12-2004, 07:13 PM
BH in a close one.

j_dog
10-12-2004, 08:04 PM
All this said, we still will beat the crap out of WOS or Jasper.......:D
I am glad you told us! :) We can save our time going to the game (if it happens). :(

Jody
10-13-2004, 06:50 AM

shankbear
10-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Jody you just sound like reject BH scum trying to stir up bad feelings on this board. Most people have nothing to say bad about other teams but it seems that all you ever do is talk trash. BH has a good program and they are well coached but you do neither that school nor its program any good by acting like the 13 year old punk thug that you must be.

I think WO-S would show you what football is all about boy and Jasper would take care of business also.

BlueBlood
10-13-2004, 08:58 AM
I would have to say that Jody is an embarrassment to Barbers Hill on this board. I don't think he likes the school or the coaches. Along with saying stupid stuff on this board, he just likes to go to the games and holler i guess. I would like to suggest to Jody that he get in the picture with the T-Shirt on Friday so everybody can put a face with his comments.

shellman54
10-13-2004, 09:15 AM
jody, jody, jody. i'm assuming things didn't go well with the X friday?

Jody
10-13-2004, 09:37 AM
I deleted a post in my name (above). My co-worker thought it would be funny, abviously it was not. Well, maybe a little funny, but it was inappropriate.

My appologies.

QBKilla
10-13-2004, 01:12 PM
It's time for the District Title to come back to BH. One year is way too long for it be gone. Go take care of business Friday night guys and in the words of Coach Byrd..."Make their chins bleed!"

shellman54
10-13-2004, 01:18 PM
killa, where ya been? how are things?

BlueBlood
10-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Killa--heard you were mentioned in the Baytown Sun today.

RBARKER
10-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Welcom back Killa I sure miss seeing you in BH blue

RBARKER
10-13-2004, 03:55 PM
TTT 'BH by a million :D

falcons79
10-13-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
TTT 'BH by a million :D

Boy your just all over the websites starting trouble today, you know Huffman will come friday ready for a tough game, so by a million I don't think so.....

Hupernikomen
10-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Hey BH and Huffman did you see the new AP poll. THey have Liberty ranked above BH. They must have realy been impressed with that Tarkington win. Good lord give me a break.

Class 3A

Team Rec Pts Pvs

1. Cuero (11) 6-0 174 1
2. Decatur (6) 6-0 166 2
3. Jasper (2) 5-1 142 3
4. Kennedale 5-0 124 4
5. West Orange-Stark 3-2 101 6
6. Gilmer 7-0 89 7
7. Liberty Hill 5-1 70 8
8. Perryton 5-1 51 9
9. Sinton 5-2 34 10
10. Navasota 5-1 24 5

WHO DROPPED OUT: None.

Also receiving votes: Iowa Park 16, Port Isabel 11, Cameron Yoe 8, Tatum 6, Longview Spring Hill 5, China Spring 5, Canyon 5, Snyder 4, Liberty 4, Canton 3, Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 2, Marlin 1.

I can't understand how you can vote for liberty with their record so far this year...something fishy going on there...my guess is that someone meant to vote for Liberty Hill for 7th ranked and forgot the Hill part.

shellman54
10-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I can't understand how you can vote for liberty with their record so far this year...something fishy going on there...my guess is that someone meant to vote for Liberty Hill for 7th ranked and forgot the Hill part.

i would agree, except that FOUR people did it

QBKilla
10-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
killa, where ya been? how are things?

I've been around lol. Reading a lot of the posts about BH. Things are going alright, we're fixing to start conference play this Saturday against Northwestern. I'm just getting ready to hear some good news about the Eagles on Friday night. It's always fun beating Huffman lol. Good luck guys, don't take any prisoners.

EAGLETOWN
10-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Killa,

Your Pop tells me you are movin on up on the squad.

That's what hard work and dedication will do for you.

Congratulations, keep it up, your gonna be a player for them.

RBARKER
10-14-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by falcons79
Boy your just all over the websites starting trouble today, you know Huffman will come friday ready for a tough game, so by a million I don't think so.....

Ok Bh By 999,999 :D we are bound to miss a field goal.:D

OldEagle73
10-14-2004, 11:00 AM
killa havin seen you latly but hows it been, and bout huffman they lost there starting quarterback to us so, that should say sumtin bout huffman, that they ----------, wont conment on that to much, but ole bret ried has dont alot for the hill and i bet he will have his best game ever.

falcons79
10-14-2004, 11:09 AM
The only thing that says about huffman is Brett got in a lot of trouble and the coach gave him three strikes before he kicked him off the team...I think that says alot about our coach...

Hupernikomen
10-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by OldEagle73
killa havin seen you latly but hows it been, and bout huffman they lost there starting quarterback to us so, that should say sumtin bout huffman, that they ----------, wont conment on that to much, but ole bret ried has dont alot for the hill and i bet he will have his best game ever.

I wouldn't be bragging too much about a player moving to your district for athletic reasons as seem to be indicating not exactly a popular idea with the UIL.

falcons79
10-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Yes your right, huffman expects their players to have good characters besides being good athletics, the fact that brett tried every school around and nobody would take him except BH, says alot about BH.

QBKilla
10-14-2004, 11:59 AM
I know you just didn't compare Huffman's integrity to Barbers Hill's hahaha. Did you ever think that maybe they moved him here to put him in a better environment?

falcons79
10-14-2004, 12:16 PM
He is a friend of my sons, I know exactly why he moved there.

EAGLETOWN
10-14-2004, 12:20 PM
I have not heard of Brett having any problems over here.

He lives two houses down from me and appears to be a good kid.

From what I have seen from him on the field he fits right in with the team and is a key player on our "D".

Seems like to me Huffman lost a talented player and might be a little upset about it. :doh:

Sucks to be them,:D.

I for one am glad he moved over.

Welcome to BH Brett.

Its good to have Ya.:p

falcons79
10-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Don't get me wrong I actually like brett, but he got in some serious trouble here, and yes we were sorry for that, but the fact is he shouldn't have been able to play here in huffman for what he did, I am glad he is doing good there and wish the best for him. No we all understand why he had to go, have no regrets.

hsfootballrules
10-14-2004, 12:32 PM
I really think this is a topic that shouldnt be discussed. The kid had some problems at Huffman and know he is doing fine at BH. I dont think this has anything to do with the schools. I think people should worry about the game.

shellman54
10-14-2004, 12:33 PM
on to more important stuff..........

anyone from huffman coming to the shirt signing and picture?

Hupernikomen
10-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by QBKilla
I know you just didn't compare Huffman's integrity to Barbers Hill's hahaha. Did you ever think that maybe they moved him here to put him in a better environment?

Who would dare question BHill about anything?

shellman54
10-14-2004, 01:06 PM
:confused:

RBARKER
10-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Who would dare question BHill about anything?

Come on Huper Play nice:D or I'm going to have to go after Jasper and Tarkington :D

Hupernikomen
10-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Come on Huper Play nice:D or I'm going to have to go after Jasper and Tarkington :D

being a bit facetous I was..;)

bhswampthang
10-14-2004, 02:09 PM
I really dont think that you need to worry why brett is here but worry about a very valuable player that u lost. You dont need to be exploiting things about brett. He is a very valuable player to our team and also a very good kid and friend in my opionion.Also you need to worry about the ASS whoopin that Huffman is gonna get. You can prepare for the HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

falcons79
10-14-2004, 03:04 PM
I am not exploiting brett, you guys keeping acting like you robbed us of him, and I was just defending my team, As I said earlier we are glad he is doing good over there. Enough said about this subject. Good luck friday night.

Jody
10-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by bhswampthang
I really dont think that you need to worry why brett is here but worry about a very valuable player that u lost. You dont need to be exploiting things about brett. He is a very valuable player to our team and also a very good kid and friend in my opionion.Also you need to worry about the ASS whoopin that Huffman is gonna get. You can prepare for the HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see that Hupernikomen? If I said Ass Whippin I would be accused of trash talking.....LOL

I really don't know much about the Falcons this year, but they are always a good team. I wasn't real impressed last year, but maybe they are better in 04. They sure better be or what he said applies! HAHAHA

RBARKER
10-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Tonights the night. it should be excellent football weather. Go get em BH

shellman54
10-15-2004, 09:06 AM
RB, did i leave my sunglasses in your truck last Friday?

Panther Ross
10-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I think that the two teams of quality are Huffman-Hargraves and Barbers Hill. The Hill should be the strongest, but it will be a real contest. As for Liberty, maybe that lack of discipline that cause them to start all the fights in the seasons early scrimmages has come home to roost. I think that Liberty has a little weaker line this year and they will not be able to contend with the likes of H-H and BH. They sure have had a disappointing season thusfar. I will say this, I figured Kirbyville by 14+ points over Liberty but they held the Wildcats to only 10 points.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? What is up with you hating on our line so much? Your dline is weak. Was NOT impressed with them. The whole discipline thing, you have got to be kidding me. That is the stupidest thing I have ever read. Man you love to hate on liberty. What is your problem with us? What did we ever do to you.

Hupernikomen
10-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Truthfully, Liberty did lose some of their strength to graduation. And the fights that have happened every year doesn't speak well for their discipline...might be a coach issue...but I don't think they are much below where they were last year after having seen them play. I think that Liberty will have a good shot against both BH and HH, and I think the game will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage since all three enjoy smashmouth football.

Hupernikomen
10-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Did you see that Hupernikomen? If I said Ass Whippin I would be accused of trash talking.....LOL

I really don't know much about the Falcons this year, but they are always a good team. I wasn't real impressed last year, but maybe they are better in 04. They sure better be or what he said applies! HAHAHA

So you must be saying you weren't impressed with BH last year either since they have to beat HH in the closing moments of their game last year.

You really weren't impressed with HH RB Crews last year? He was AP 1st Team All-State. He was awesome. Incidentally, he is not playing college ball...so sad.

Jody
10-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Truthfully, Liberty did lose some of their strength to graduation. And the fights that have happened every year doesn't speak well for their discipline...might be a coach issue...but I don't think they are much below where they were last year after having seen them play. I think that Liberty will have a good shot against both BH and HH, and I think the game will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage since all three enjoy smashmouth football.

Hey there my friend......I was hoping you would weigh in on such important issues....LOL

I will make this bet: If Liberty beats BH this year I will buy you a steak dinner and I will wear the t-shirt of your favorite football team. I will take a picture of me and that shirt and post it on this board next to my screen name until the point that BH beat Liberty.

Now same goes for you, except you will have to wear a BH shirt, that is if your not Chicken?

hahahaha I just love this game..... :D

Hupernikomen
10-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Now why would I pick Liberty over BH? I think it will be a decent game. 2 TDs in BH's favor probably.

As far as wearing a BH T-Shirt I don't mind. I have always been pretty supportive of BH...at least until you started chiming in and tooting your own horn and bad-mouthing everyone else. Look back and you will find that I was the first to bring up the fact that BH deserves way more credit than what they have been given thus far. Unlike you, I give any good team credit and don't try to discredit someone just because I don't think my team can beat them or I don't like the recognition they are getting.

How about this? I will purchase a Jasper T-Shirt and you bring your BHill T-Shirt and the loser wears the other teams T-Shirt home. (Assume we get to play.)
:D ;) ;

RBARKER
10-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
RB, did i leave my sunglasses in your truck last Friday?

I have a pair of Oakleys in the truck. If those are yours stop by the house after the game and pickem up.

Jody
10-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Now why would I pick Liberty over BH? I think it will be a decent game. 2 TDs in BH's favor probably.

As far as wearing a BH T-Shirt I don't mind. I have always been pretty supportive of BH...at least until you started chiming in and tooting your own horn and bad-mouthing everyone else. Look back and you will find that I was the first to bring up the fact that BH deserves way more credit than what they have been given thus far. Unlike you, I give any good team credit and don't try to discredit someone just because I don't think my team can beat them or I don't like the recognition they are getting.

How about this? I will purchase a Jasper T-Shirt and you bring your BHill T-Shirt and the loser wears the other teams T-Shirt home. (Assume we get to play.)
:D ;) ;

I am not bad mouthing teams.......LOL I just like to have a little competative fun since we are too old and slow to play anymore.

Smack I thiinks it's called.

OK....you have a deal. If Jasper and BH plays, I will wear a Jasper shirt if we loose. I am not sure if that is a possible game, but I am not affraid to back them up on that one. Wonder how I will look in red? hahahaha What size shirt you need? I want to make sure I am prepared! By the way, you have to wear it in a picture postded by your screen name on this board....... Deal?