PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M-34 Iowa State-3

Texas Aggie
10-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Texas A&M played very well in this game. They are looking better every week. By far their biggest game will be next Saturday at Oklahoma State. I think that it will be a very close game.

Flourhead
10-09-2004, 10:55 PM
their biggest game will be against UT like it is every year... u cant really even cheer for UT anymore... they looked horrible against rice and baylor... i'm betting on the aggies to beat UT this year

JasperDog94
10-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
i'm betting on the aggies to beat UT this year I'll take that bet in a heartbeat.

Texas Aggie
10-09-2004, 10:59 PM
I meant their biggest game so far.

Texas Aggie
10-09-2004, 11:00 PM
I will take A&M over t.u. A&M can stop the run, and that is all that texas can do. So, A&M is going to win.

PhiI C
10-09-2004, 11:02 PM
LOOK OUT OKLAHOMA! HERE COME THE AGGIES!

JasperDog94
10-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Texas Aggie
t.u. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Texas Aggie
10-09-2004, 11:10 PM
The only part that jumps out about the A&M-OU game is that it is in College Station. Look back to the last 2 games that they played at Kyle Field, Oklahoma was ranked #1 both times. And, of course, both times texas lost to OU.

2000 (the year OU won the NC) : #1 Oklahoma-35 Texas A&M-31
2002: Texas A&M-30 #1 Oklahoma-26

It is going to be a great game. And the Aggies will play great.

Flourhead
10-09-2004, 11:12 PM
2003 OKlahoma 77 A&M 0

you forgot that one

Texas Aggie
10-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Correct, but you forgot. That one was in Norman. Yep.

Flourhead
10-09-2004, 11:20 PM
yeah i know.... being a longhorn fan i had to say one bad thing about the aggies

Flourhead
10-09-2004, 11:21 PM
btw--- why do longhorn fans talk more crap about their own team than aggie fans or OU fans?

Texas Aggie
10-09-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't know. ??????? That is a good question. Since you are a longhorn fan, I am going to ask you a question. Do you think that Mack Brown should be fired???

JasperDog94
10-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
btw--- why do longhorn fans talk more crap about their own team than aggie fans or OU fans? Maybe we're just more honest. On the other hand why, if you're from OU, would you be talking crap about your team? They win. Period.

Flourhead
10-09-2004, 11:36 PM
whoever recruits their defensive players should be fired... and if thats mack brown then yeah he should be fired... well if texas wins 10-11 games a year u shouldnt talk crap about them... OU wins about 11-12 a year and like u said their fans dont complain...

Texas Aggie
10-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Yes, but look at the game that matters to all texas fans. It is not the texas-texas a&m game anymore, it is the texas-ou game. They have now lost 5 in a row to ou, and that is the big game that mack brown has to win to keep his job.

Reveille
10-10-2004, 07:14 AM
The year Texas loses to OU and A&M, Mack will be gone.

3afan
10-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Texas Aggie
t.u. :weeping:

JasperDog94
10-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Reveille
The year Texas loses to OU and A&M, Mack will be gone. You're correct on one out of three.:D :D

D. R. Hooks
10-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Hey Jasper Dog, I'm late to the party on this thread. Are you a Longhorn fan?

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

JasperDog94
10-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah.

D. R. Hooks
10-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Even with the Jasper folks playing for aTm?!

Panther Ross
10-10-2004, 10:39 PM
A&M's biggest game will be Tech.

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 01:15 AM
It's going to be a studly game, can't wait too see the fourth win shirt on the players tomorrow morning in class

big daddy russ
10-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
A&M's biggest game will be Tech.
The Ags will only get one win between OSU, Tech and OU. Ags go 8-4 this year, and they lose to Texas but they beat OU.

Every year after the OU game, UT starts playing like gods. The 'Horns still scare me, and they can still beat 115 out of 116 NCAA teams. Meanwhile, OSU and Tech will thrash A&M's secondary a couple more times before the freshmen pull it together for the Sooners.

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
A&M's biggest game will be Tech. wrong it will be OU, tech will be huge because it's maroon out though

KTJ
10-11-2004, 11:00 AM
A&M will not beat us (UT)--mark it down.

However, I do see you guys possibly upsetting OU in CS as well as beating Tech.

And no, the consensus is that Mack isn't the problem--it's Greg Davis. He should be fired before Mack. Our defense is what kept us in the game. It was the offense that gave a poor performance.

And once again, no matter what happens this year, Mack will still be here next year. The billionaires who contribute to UT day in and day out have already stated this more than once.

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

However, I do see you guys possibly upsetting OU in CS as well as beating Tech.

And no, the consensus is that Mack isn't the problem--it's Greg Davis. He should be fired before Mack. Our defense is what kept us in the game. It was the offense that gave a poor performance.

And once again, no matter what happens this year, Mack will still be here next year. The billionaires who contribute to UT day in and day out have already stated this more than once.

greg davis isn't your problem..your problem is VY...his football IQ is horrible..he's as talented as they come, but dumb as dirt sometimes with his move....i believe if you would of played mock instead you would of won that game....

now present your reggie bashing, i'm ready

Bellville22
10-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

The offense gave a poor performance because they had a poor QB. They had no ability to establish any sort of downfield passing game because Vince Young is not able to make these throws. 8 of 23 for around 80 yards will never allow you to beat a great team, regardless of how well you D plays. Vince has poor mechanics, poor accuracy, and poor "football smarts", if he wants to make it in the NFL (which for some reason alot of people think he will), he needs to start learning how to run routes and catch the ball. I think he can make an above average NFL WR. But that's just my opinion.

And while White was far from perfect, he proved that he is a superior QB to Young. He was able to atleast maintain the threat of a passing game so the very good UT defense couldn't load the box for A. Peterson.

And no, I don't think A&M goes to Austin and beats UT either.

DawgFan91
10-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Agreeed...the only O.C. in the country that doesn't need a clipboard b/c he can fit all of his plays in the palm of his hand.

Bulldog_12
10-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Back to the original topic, that was a great win, especially since it was Iowa St. homecoming. Also, I don't know if anyone has seen the AP polls today, but A&M is ranked 23!!! Im excited and I hope it lasts. Hope we can win one this week.

JasperDog94
10-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by D. R. Hooks
Even with the Jasper folks playing for aTm?! I've been a Longhorn fan all my life. Like I've said before, I root for A&M when they play out of state. So, most of the time I'm rooting for them...Jasper boys included.;)

KTJ
10-11-2004, 05:17 PM
explayer and Bellville22

Greg Davis IS the problem. It's his job to coach the offense and have them progress as the years go by. VY hasn't progressed at all. He's still the same. VY can't be the problem when he's had no coaching to make him have a problem to begin with. You can't expect people to come in to a collegiate program from high school and just get better on their own. It's the coach's job to coach and Greg Davis hasn't done it.

Bulldog_12
10-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Yes, but who is the one who is supposed to make sure that he is doing his job? Isn't it the head coach? So technically, Mack Brown isn't doing his job. But thats just my opinion of what has been said.

bigpimpin
10-11-2004, 10:26 PM
UT should go to the option offense. Fast QB, good RB, good line and no recievers...or move 6'5 225 Young to WR(where he'll prolly play in the NFL) and let Mock throw it. But to the point...why is everyone talking about A&M against OU and UT....does everyone forget that OSU is undefeated and is ranked 16??? Their running game is phenomenal with Morency back there and I saw them play a little against Colorado until the network switched to a more competitive game in the 3rd quarter because the score was ridiculous. They've gotta a pretty good defense, but the QB is really inexperienced and if A&M can make them throw it, because they haven't had to all year, and get a little pressure to fluster him, they've got a good chance to roll on to the last 3 games: OU, TT, UT...Reggie plays spoiler like he did two years ago with the 12th man. Tech scares me more than anyone...they're like the Rams:mad:...you can never count them out of a game, and UT...no comment

KTJ
10-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Yes, but who is the one who is supposed to make sure that he is doing his job? Isn't it the head coach? So technically, Mack Brown isn't doing his job. But thats just my opinion of what has been said.

Mack has stated numerous times that Davis is doing a fantastic job. Mack will never see the problem in Davis since he and Davis are such good friends and Davis is "loyal".

Bulldog_12
10-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Then he still isnt doing his job and should be fired. If this is all true, then he should be fired because he is partial to Davis and won't get rid of him because they are close, even though Davis is doing a bad job. Thats my opinion though.

Bellville22
10-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
explayer and Bellville22

Greg Davis IS the problem. It's his job to coach the offense and have them progress as the years go by. VY hasn't progressed at all. He's still the same. VY can't be the problem when he's had no coaching to make him have a problem to begin with. You can't expect people to come in to a collegiate program from high school and just get better on their own. It's the coach's job to coach and Greg Davis hasn't done it.

Then people should stop saying he's better than Reggie or NFL QB material. If he's not improving now in college, he doesn't stand a chance in the pros.