PDA

View Full Version : if you want Mack brown gone

hutex04
10-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Dont show up to the games, stop buying UT objects. Texas will only get rid of Mack Brown once the money stops flowing. As soon as they stop selling out every game etc etc. Than they should go after Steve Spurrier, Norm Chow, Urban Myers, Tedford from California.

Titans
10-09-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm not a UT fan, though I am a Mack Brown fan. Sure his Longhorns have lost to OU 5 straight, but they have one of the best records over the last 4 years in college football.

The true test, in my opinion, will be how they perform in the next 2 ballgames....

Missouri in Austin

and the big one....Tech IN Lubbock.

Those could cost him his job, even though I don't think it should.

PhiI C
10-09-2004, 10:19 PM
I agree with you Titans! He has a record that nearly all schools in the country would love to have. If Texas were to fire him he would have a job offer within a week if not sooner. Plus he apparantly gets along with coaches of other sports when you consider how great Texas has done in basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, golf, diving and swimming, etc.

Titans
10-09-2004, 10:25 PM
OMG - Phil and I actually agree....put it in the record books.

UT is a good team and could finish with only 1 loss, although they could finish with 3. If they win out, Mack is secure. If he loses to Tech or ATM, he could be sweating things just a bit.

I personally hope they lose to the Red Raiders, but I think Coach Brown is one heck of man and a good coach and would hate to see him go.

slpybear the bullfan
10-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Yes, we all agree that Mack is a good guy to get 10 wins and keep the pipeline full of kids coming to Austin...

Question: What is his record in big games?

jason
10-09-2004, 11:09 PM
as long as he keeps having 10-11 win seasons, like he has been...and keeps the athletic budget around 50 million dollars....he'll be there, too many alumni like him...

Flourhead
10-09-2004, 11:10 PM
if vince young would play like mike vick, texas would never lose a game with him as their starting qb... and when i say play like vick i mean not being afraid to scramble when u see an opening and making moves on people instead of running out of bounds... the UT OU game always comes down to a qbs performance... young made a lot of mistakes and a lot of bad throws... so did white and thats why it was only 12-0... if peterson would have had 40+ carries, he would either have been dead tired or OU would have smashed UT worse than they did... most likely the latter

Haunta Yo
10-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Mack Brown is one of the best coaches to never win a CONFERENCE championship (App. St., Tulane, North Carolina, UT). Texas fans are frustrated, but you're asking him to do something he's never done. His teams have always been good, but I find it interesting that he's never been conference champion so why would anyone think he would deliver a NATIONAL Champion.

He's a great salesman and UT bought. They still have upgraded their program by hiring him.

After seeing Nebraska this year, Athletic Directors won't be firing head coaches that consistently win 9 games because you may get someone worse... Frank Solich will enjoy this week.

RiverRatDad
10-10-2004, 09:47 AM
I don't think you will see Coach Brown going anywhere. As long as Coach Royal still likes him, he gets 10 or 11 wins a year, and doesn't lose to OU AND the aggies on a consistant basis he will be staying at the 40 acres. I'm hoping that's our only conference loss this year, the prairie aggies in Lubbock scare me to death.

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatDad
the prairie aggies in Lubbock scare me to death.

:tongue: :tongue:

RiverRatDad
10-10-2004, 09:57 AM
No sense of humor on Sunday mornings? Guess I should have gone to Sunday School today instead of staying home working.:)

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Plenty! I laughed! I actually had to go back & read it a second time to make sure what you said - in all my years as a Tech fan, I don't remember hearing that before. :p

RiverRatDad
10-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Over 25 years ago my roommate's father was a Tech grad. I told him one time (in jest) they were just aggies on the prairie, I guess that's just one of those things you don't forget. Glad you enjoyed.