PDA

View Full Version : Snyder vs Sweetwater

Black_Magic
10-09-2004, 08:27 PM
This is going to be a good game. Sweetwater will be tough at home and Snyder has The Big Mo. Wondering what everyone thoughts are about the matchup.

TheDOCTORdre
10-09-2004, 08:45 PM
I have to go with my hometown Stangs in this one, but no doubt it will be a close one, Snyders got a great squad and so does Sweetwater, my pick is Sweewater 21-17

Da Mules
10-09-2004, 09:53 PM
two good teams, very tough call. My heart's with the stangs but my head says they don't have the D to stop Snydlie, and they have the D to stop just about anybody in Region 1. Snyder 17, Stangs 10. No offense, Sweetwater friends.

mustang04
10-10-2004, 11:39 AM
mustangs come out victorious....im not saying a score cuz i dont care, as long as they win

VWG
10-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Man, is this district 4-3A great or what?
Snyder vs. Sweetwater. Two towns that hate each other and a big district game on the line.
Snyder rolled over Clyde last week, so they weren't looking ahead to Sweetwater. Snyder has some offensive weapons and their defense is capable of stopping the Mustangs offense.
Sweetwater needs to get their offense back on track after a tough game against the Bulldogs from Wylie.
Too close to call on this one.
Wish I could be in the bowl watching this game!

MHSvarsity2007
10-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm saying Sweetwater by 10+, Sweetwater is really good, I just don't think they had their head in the game last week. But yea i'm saying Sweetwater.

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-10-2004, 01:10 PM
I have to go with sweetwater on this one.

wildstangs
10-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Sweetwater is in a bad position. If Sweetwater loses this game, they will be 0-2. I am pretty sure Sweetwater will beat Clyde and Merkel both, but Texas High School Football is a crazy thing and you never know whats going to happen on any given Friday night. That being said, I say Sweetwater wins this one, simply because they need to. I agree with Mustang04...I dont care if its by 1 point or 20 points..we need a win.

mustang04
10-10-2004, 04:35 PM
i hope our defense is ready to stop Dee walker....i rememebr last year how Malcom Wells had a standout game against levelland the week before they played us, and then against us had under 20 yds. rushing, hopefully the defense this year can do what ours did last year

wildstangs
10-10-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i hope our defense is ready to stop Dee walker....i rememebr last year how Malcom Wells had a standout game against levelland the week before they played us, and then against us had under 20 yds. rushing, hopefully the defense this year can do what ours did last year

I have been curious all year...Is Wells getting ANY playing time or carries at all? Help me out Magic.

mustang04
10-10-2004, 04:39 PM
i thought he graduated?!?!

wildstangs
10-10-2004, 04:42 PM
i thought he graduated?!?!

Maybe I am wrong...but I thought he was like a sophomore or junior last year.

Phantom Stang
10-10-2004, 05:07 PM
I looked at the roster on the Abilene Reporter News site and didn't see Malcom Wells listed.

Phantom Stang
10-10-2004, 05:31 PM
I noticed on the leaderboards page of the site, that they have a player named Matt Reigh who has 344 yards on 34 carries for a 10.1 average. :eek: Yet I don't recall anyone mentioning him:thinking:

mustang04
10-10-2004, 05:34 PM
i hope our D dont overlook him then

Phantom Stang
10-10-2004, 05:44 PM

They wont if they read the 3A Downlow lol.

VWG
10-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Just curious... how good was Snyder when Cumbie was there?

oh well
10-10-2004, 07:42 PM
When Sonny was a SR. Snyder went 8-2 went 5-0 in District they were in 4A Andrews, Big Spring, Lakeview, Sweetwater & Fort Stockton. They were beat in the 1st round by Everman Cumbie did throw for over 300 yards.

TheDOCTORdre
10-10-2004, 07:45 PM

Don't worry mustang04 you know our D coaching staff is all over the film and will be ready for anything

oh well
10-10-2004, 07:47 PM
How do they look on film TheDOCTORdre

TheDOCTORdre
10-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by oh well
How do they look on film TheDOCTORdre

I dont know

mustang04
10-10-2004, 07:52 PM
i know how they look....they looked aight against Lakeview, they can be stopped

oh well
10-10-2004, 07:58 PM
YOUr right anyone can be stopped and they sure did not look good against Lakeview. Didn't the mustangs whip Lakeview and a winless lkaview beat Snyder

Ranger Mom
10-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Here are the rushing stats when Greenwood played them:

Rushing -- Greenwood, Jarrel Brooks 22-209, Justin Sebree 10-43, Taylor Himbury 4-14, Lane Flowers 4-11, Chad Gann 1-10, Colton Wilber 5-9, Blake Higgins 3-7, Silas Etheridge 1-1;

Snyder, Dee Walker 21-128, Matt Reigh 10-30, Chad Brown 3-16, Johnny Vasquez 1-12, Johnathan Gonzalez 1-(-1).

Black & Gold
10-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Will be an exciting game. Rivalry games always are. Records go out the window. Which ever team shows up and makes the least mistakes will take this ball game. Both teams have a lot of weapons offensively so I think this one will come down to who plays the best defensively.

GreenMonster
10-10-2004, 10:45 PM
I know very little about either of these two teams but I do know about Sweetwater's coach. When Kent Jackson was in Olney a few short years ago I went to a few games and read every interview the local paper had with him and caught many of his local television interviews as well. He is a fantastic man and a terrific leader of men. If he is as inspiring to these kids in Sweetwater as he was to the kids in Olney (not to mention myself) then I cannot pick against him. Just from the outside looking in, I wanted to go to battle with him. I'm picking Sweetwater in a close one. Sweetwater 14 - Snyder 13.

Redman
10-10-2004, 11:20 PM
I am going with Sweetwater in this one. They will suit up in their RED uniforms and playing in the bowl will make all the difference. Not many teams can come into the Bowl and beat the Mustangs. Snyder will give them a very good game but won't be enough. Sweetwater is coming off a loss that stung a little. It won't happen again this week. Man was I impressed with their running game. Alot of young talent. Sure wished I could go to this one. Gonna give it somemore thought. Wildstang you may have to save me a seat.

pero chato
10-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Since it's at the Bowl, Sweetwater by 11. Hey Redman I might pick you up on the way to Sweetwater. LOL. Only if Wildstangs saves us a seat. This looks to be the game of the week in West Texas.

lobo12
10-10-2004, 11:34 PM
what years did sonnie play

Johnny Moxen
10-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Having just played Sweetwater, I'll have to pick them by 14 in the bowl. They have a ton of speed of which I am skeptical that Snyder can stop. I have been a little leary of Snyder's win so far, but I'll be very interested in the outcome of this game.

mustang04
10-11-2004, 10:14 AM
this game is what High school rivalry football is all about....this is like the Permian-Midland Lee Rivalry

oh well
10-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Mustang 04 you brought up some good points about last years D sweetwaters def was outstanding won them a lot of games infact won the Snyder game last year. The diff last year you had 2 weeks to get ready for the game you were not coming off of a heart break DISTRICT loss. Yes Sweetwater is good at home that is why they tried to make the Wylie game a home game type atmoshere where they dressed at home etc. This is a good rivalry game and usually very clean. It should be exciting.

mustang04
10-11-2004, 12:09 PM
true true

stateboundWR#5
10-11-2004, 07:10 PM
all i have to say about this one is #1 in the lakeview game the only reason they came out on top was because of the # of turnovers we gave up, and #2 snyder vs. sweetwater is a big time rivalry and its not normally as clean as you think, im not real sure what game you are thinking of, but after playing clyde last week i am sure that it will be cleaner! #3 don't doubt anyone not even the snyder tigers, anything can happen at any given place on any given friday night! it will be a great one

Rainman
10-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Snyder v. Sweetwater. Two strong teams in a very strong district. I have to take the Stangs at home, however.

wildstangs
10-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Sure, you guys come on out. Sweetwater will need all the support they can get. Pero Chato, I live in Abilene...Can I get in on that ride too? :)

stateboundWR#5
10-11-2004, 09:33 PM
just make sure you guys from abilene wear your black and gold and sit on the snyder side!

wildstangs
10-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by stateboundWR#5
just make sure you guys from abilene wear your black and gold and sit on the snyder side!

I must have missed the part on the weather where is said Hell had frozen over. :)

Redman
10-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Since it's at the Bowl, Sweetwater by 11. Hey Redman I might pick you up on the way to Sweetwater. LOL. Only if Wildstangs saves us a seat. This looks to be the game of the week in West Texas.

I just might take you up on that ride. This is definetly gonna be the game of the week.. I 'm leaning more and more that I read these posts. I know Wildstang will save us some seats. Probably will end up at the Wylie vs Merkel game wishing I had gone. We'll see????

Black_Magic
10-12-2004, 08:17 AM
i hope our defense is ready to stop Dee walker....i rememebr last year how Malcom Wells had a standout game against levelland the week before they played us, and then against us had under 20 yds. rushing, hopefully the defense this year can do what ours did last year True Sweetwater did shut down Wells last year. BUT here is the difference. #1 Walker IS way better than wells as a back because he is Just as fast but is a slashing runner who will run over most single tacklers and gets yardage most of the time even when there is not much to be had. #2 Snyder has a better QB and is a threat passing the ball. this is not news to Sweetwater because Im sure you guys watch film.

oh well
10-12-2004, 08:24 AM
The DR. does he was Sunday remember he bleads red

mustang04
10-12-2004, 04:53 PM
nono..the Dr doesnt...he played football w/ me last year, and we graduated last year, he goes to UT now haha

mustang04
10-12-2004, 04:55 PM
and trust me...i know yall can pass the ball cuz i watched yall play in angelo since this is my college home, yall did a very good job on those short route passes, but i dont think Dee has the speed to burn any of our corners, unless they just flat out pull the wrong coverage

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Thank you for clarifying that mustang04 I was going to eventually

mustang04
10-12-2004, 04:56 PM
no prob bro

stateboundWR#5
10-12-2004, 07:53 PM
#1 burning a corner isnt just about speed... yea that has a big part of it but it is also the recievers breaking point and #2 dee walker is just as fast as any guy on the sweetwater team... you cant doubt anyone because everything is possible when you talk about sweetwater and snyder!

stangcenter60
10-12-2004, 08:14 PM
ok nobody take offense to any of this...one, i have seen Walker run and hes not faster than michael williams, Skye Green, or jeremy thompson...he might beat them somehow but hes not faster....and, i can speak for the team when i say we r ticked off about last week...Wylie didnt beat us, we beat us.....they shouldnt have scored their first TD and we should have scored ATLEAST one more time.....every time we got close we shot ourselves in the foot by doing something stupid like holding or for me screwing up a snap on 4th down.....the truth is we should have beat Wylie...but none of that matters now.....come friday night the muistangs r gonna come out ticked off and ready to play and theres gonna be a rumble in the freakin jungle.....the mustangs r gonna come out with a victory and it will be sweet....SIC' EM MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustang04
10-12-2004, 10:20 PM
play w/ that intensity son!

by the way...i PROMISE you, the 'stangs have AT LEAST 3 guys that are faster than DEE, thats a 100% guaruntee, therev are a couple more that i think would beat him too

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2004, 11:43 PM
We're playin Snyder and everyone is keeping it clean, I just got talk some clean trash dont want to offend anyone or get in trouble but Sweetwater is going to demolish Snyder and run the ball down there freaking throats, GO STANGS, SweetH2O 4 LIFE

Black_Magic
10-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
We're playin Snyder and everyone is keeping it clean, I just got talk some clean trash dont want to offend anyone or get in trouble but Sweetwater is going to demolish Snyder and run the ball down there freaking throats, GO STANGS, SweetH2O 4 LIFE Uh Oh! sounds like the Tigers are Doomed. If your Going to cram the ball down thier thoat please bring salt and ketchup too. it will go down better. I hope the tigers still decide to show up after finding out what you plan to do.:(

oh well
10-13-2004, 08:19 AM
The rumble in the Jungle that is a new one I have never seen a Mustang in the Jungle I know I have not travel much so I may be wrong however I have heard of tigers in the jungle. A rumble in the jungle?

oh well
10-13-2004, 08:27 AM
I thought the Wylie game was a good game and agree you should have won. It is tough to lose your first Dist ball game exp. one that you feel you should have won.

Bubba-Joe
10-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Bubba Joe has heard thru the grapevine that the Snyder boys plan on making a trip down or up the steps under the scoreboard end, either before or after the game.
wonder what the home town boys would do if that were to happen.
This one is gonna be interesting.....

DOGFAN
10-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by stangcenter60
ok nobody take offense to any of this...one, i have seen Walker run and hes not faster than michael williams, Skye Green, or jeremy thompson...he might beat them somehow but hes not faster....and, i can speak for the team when i say we r ticked off about last week...Wylie didnt beat us, we beat us.....they shouldnt have scored their first TD and we should have scored ATLEAST one more time.....every time we got close we shot ourselves in the foot by doing something stupid like holding or for me screwing up a snap on 4th down.....the truth is we should have beat Wylie...but none of that matters now.....come friday night the muistangs r gonna come out ticked off and ready to play and theres gonna be a rumble in the freakin jungle.....the mustangs r gonna come out with a victory and it will be sweet....SIC' EM MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wylie tried to beat themselves as much or more than Sweetwater in their game. Wylie had a bad snap in the red zone twice and several other blown opportunities. That first touchdown shouldn't have happened? What kind of reasoning is that? Excuses are like sphincters; everybody's got 'em and they stink. The truth is, Wylie won because they have a little bit better team than Sweetwater. Good luck on your snaps against Snyder.

Black & Gold
10-13-2004, 02:26 PM
To beat Snyder this week, Sweetwater is going to have to do more than run Thompson right, Thompson left.

Stangster
10-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Bubba Joe has heard thru the grapevine that the Snyder boys plan on making a trip down or up the steps under the scoreboard end, either before or after the game.

It doesn't sound like the Tigers are very confident about winning Friday night. Last year, they refused to walk down the ramp to the field, instead came down through the visitor's stands and they still lost.

Now they want to enter the field like the Mustangs do and use the steps on the opposite end of the field. Do they really think that will increase their chances of winning? Maybe they would like come sit in our field house before the game too. Maybe that will help them feel like winners. Better yet, why don't they dress out in red and white and chant "Go Mustangs!" That's what it will take, because only those wearing red and white will win in the bowl this Friday Night!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Go Sweetwater Mustangs!

mustang04
10-13-2004, 04:29 PM
nice response stangster...snyder always tried to do stuff just to piss sweetwater off, BUT does anybody wanna know the record between Snyder and Sweetwater in our history of football against each other???

since 1952 the mustangs and tigers have played 45 times, and the mustangs have won 29, lost 15, and tied once....anything else?

TheDOCTORdre
10-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Where did you get those stats mustang04 sounds like something that someone who wrote for Sweetwater's high school's newspaper would know

mustang04
10-13-2004, 04:57 PM
i slept w/ the sports editor....i do every night!

tomlandry
10-13-2004, 06:29 PM
MAN THIS GAME LOOKS FUN

WHAT WILL I DO THIS FRIDAY? DECISIONS DECISIONS

oh well
10-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Well in 1927 Snyder won ther were 5000 people at the game. So there is a lot of history. When was the first time they played. 04 ask the sports editor okay

Black_Magic
10-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
It doesn't sound like the Tigers are very confident about winning Friday night. Last year, they refused to walk down the ramp to the field, instead came down through the visitor's stands and they still lost.

Now they want to enter the field like the Mustangs do and use the steps on the opposite end of the field. Do they really think that will increase their chances of winning? Maybe they would like come sit in our field house before the game too. Maybe that will help them feel like winners. Better yet, why don't they dress out in red and white and chant "Go Mustangs!" That's what it will take, because only those wearing red and white will win in the bowl this Friday Night!

Go Sweetwater Mustangs! LOL BOY! the rumor mill is working overtime. sounds like you are worried about that. In the last 6-7 meetings Snyder has been at least 500 or better vs the stangs. Thats all history. Its time for the present. if the past gives you comfort then cling to it.:thumbsup:

wildstangs
10-13-2004, 07:57 PM
I really doubt there is any truth to Snyder planning on coming down our steps. Like the Mustangs need any more motivation. This rivalry seems really dirty every year, but I figure Sweetwater will join Snyder for their school song after the game (no matter who wins) and I hope Snyder does the same. That is something new that the Mustangs do, and I think it is an excellent display of sportsmanship. Go Stangs!

stateboundWR#5
10-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Stangster

Go Sweetwater Mustangs!

Well to tell you the truth stangster... we chose to walk down the OUR stands and on to the field, and this years team is alot better than last years team was, you can't judge this years team based on last year. It really shouldnt matter if we walk down thru the middle of OUR fans before the game. We have a new RB who I am sure you have seen and heard about and a Qb that can throw the ball just as well as he can run with it. We dont intend to walk like the mustangs or dress with the mustangs, much less wear red like the mustangs.

Only weak people look down on other people, because it makes them think that they are superior to the people they are looking down upon, and if you think that the snyder tigers arent gonna come out fired up on friday night you have lost your mind. We have been waiting for this friday night for 365 days!

Stangster
10-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
LOL BOY! the rumor mill is working overtime. sounds like you are worried about that. In the last 6-7 meetings Snyder has been at least 500 or better vs the stangs. Thats all history. Its time for the present. if the past gives you comfort then cling to it.:thumbsup:

I'm not the least bit concerned about Snyder's entrance into the bowl. I'm just saying it shows a lack of confidence. In my opinion, a truly confident team would walk down the ramp and "let the chips fall where they may." I believe history (last year's) will repeat itself Friday night.

TheDOCTORdre
10-13-2004, 08:35 PM
We dont intend to walk like the mustangs or dress with the mustangs, much less wear red like the mustangs.

and if you think that the snyder tigers arent gonna come out fired up on friday night you have lost your mind. We have been waiting for this friday night for 365 days!

On the 1st hand your right yall don't wear red like the stangs and after the game the only color we will associate w/ Snyder is the yellow we see them wearing when the leave the Bowl with their tail between their legs, and second if ya'll have been waiting for this game for 365 days thats sad too focus your whole season on one game

Stangster
10-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Well to tell you the truth stangster... we chose to walk down the OUR stands and on to the field, and this years team is alot better than last years team was, you can't judge this years team based on last year. It really shouldnt matter if we walk down thru the middle of OUR fans before the game. We have a new RB who I am sure you have seen and heard about and a Qb that can throw the ball just as well as he can run with it. We dont intend to walk like the mustangs or dress with the mustangs, much less wear red like the mustangs.

Only weak people look down on other people, because it makes them think that they are superior to the people they are looking down upon, and if you think that the snyder tigers arent gonna come out fired up on friday night you have lost your mind. We have been waiting for this friday night for 365 days!

I didn't compare last year's team to this year's. I was comparing the superstitious practice of "avoiding the ramp" because you might lose if you enter by the ramp.

I wasn't looking down on anyone, I was attempting to show how ridiculous this practice is and how it shows a lack of confidence. I do think we have a better team and I think it will be evident Friday night.

I never said Snyder wasn't going to be fired up Friday night. In fact, I fully expect them to be "fired up" as they are everytime they play Sweetwater. As far as waiting 365 days for this night, just shows how fixated y'all are on Sweetwater! Go Mustangs!

mustang04
10-13-2004, 08:59 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if snyder did try to come in from under the scoreboard, just to be lil terds

Ranger Mom
10-13-2004, 09:16 PM
I walked down the ramp season before last in just my tennis shoes.....and it was hard enough for me!!

What kind of shoes do the football players wear on field turf?

The whole concept of that ramp just seems dangerous to me!

johnfx24
10-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi there I grew up in sweetwater and I am a die hard fan... I now live in Dallas and due to the distance I can never make a game on time...Unfortunately I wont be able to make SNYDER VS SWEET H2O game. Is there any possible way I can listen to the game online?? or does anyone know of a contact in Sweetwater that can possibly sell me the video re-plays of the Mustangs Friday night games??????????:( :(:( :(

lobo dad
10-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Mustang04 and DoctorDre, its good to hear that you are at UT, at least you are used to losing the big games. It is also nice to know that, because I always thought that most stang grads went to McDonalds or Burger King. LOL:devil:

mustang04
10-13-2004, 11:48 PM
whoa...DR DRe goes to UT, but im doing Pre-med at Angelo State....i was going to tech, but i transfered here last second this summer...and my cuzin works at mcdonalds.....jk

stangcenter60
10-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
To beat Snyder this week, Sweetwater is going to have to do more than run Thompson right, Thompson left.

ya good point.....maybe we should use one of our other 3 or 4 guys that r faster than every guy on the snyder team.......lobo dad that was so funny...haha...wait no it wasnt.....

mustang04
10-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by lobo dad
Mustang04 and DoctorDre, its good to hear that you are at UT, at least you are used to losing the big games. It is also nice to know that, because I always thought that most stang grads went to McDonalds or Burger King. LOL:devil:

by the way...what do u mean, losing the big games? in sweetwater everygame is a big game, where are u from? cuz if its monahans, then i feel bad for you not ever gettin to see that many big games, and sweetwater ppl actually do stuff after we graduate, dont know where u came up with all this mcdonalds stuff

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by lobo dad

1st of all there isnt a Burger King in Sweewater, and 2nd if Stang grads did end up at McDonalds they would be management telling the Lobo grads what to do

mustang04
10-14-2004, 12:16 AM
everybody knows that monahans grads grow up to become nothing cuz of their HORRIBLE education they get, they graduate from the name Monahans Loboes, to become Monahans' Hobos:devil:

Black_Magic
10-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I walked down the ramp season before last in just my tennis shoes.....and it was hard enough for me!!

What kind of shoes do the football players wear on field turf?

The whole concept of that ramp just seems dangerous to me! WOW! Even Ranger Mom understands the reason teams have started entering through the stands. Plastic cleats on smooth or slick asphault on a steep angle is not a good thing. And yes Sweetwater is worried about little things like that . people in sweetwater were mad about the entrance of snyder last year. Look at all the posts about it over the last Year. Its sweetwater who talks about it all the time. If you dont believe me bring up all the sweetwater Snyder posts.

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2004, 09:04 AM
How dangerous is the ramp lets find out, all Sweetwater athletes will tell you it is not dangerous at all, some of our conditioning comes from running around the top of the Bowl, down the ramp across the field up the stairs and back around the top of the Bowl, in, cleats, yes, we run down that potential "hazardous" ramp in our cleats and as far as I can remember no one has ever got hurt. If we can run down it and no one gets hurt then ya'll must not no how to walk or something to think ya'll can get hurt by walking down the ramp.

Black_Magic
10-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
How dangerous is the ramp lets find out, all Sweetwater athletes will tell you it is not dangerous at all, some of our conditioning comes from running around the top of the Bowl, down the ramp across the field up the stairs and back around the top of the Bowl, in, cleats, yes, we run down that potential "hazardous" ramp in our cleats and as far as I can remember no one has ever got hurt. If we can run down it and no one gets hurt then ya'll must not no how to walk or something to think ya'll can get hurt by walking down the ramp. Dr Dre or any other mustang. Why do you care where anyone walks in from??????? if you dont care then why the discusion????I understand fact of the matter is 4 years ago in the scrimage vs Sweetwater in the bowl 2 players walking down slipped and busted rear because of the plastic cleats on the incline asphault. No problem with rubber cleats but with the plastic cleats. Nobody said it was dangerous. Get over it. I just dont understand what the big deal is. Is it a control issue or something? Its funny to see you guys worry about things like that.

Phantom Stang
10-14-2004, 09:40 AM
FYI the Mustangs walk up a ramp that's just as steep if not steeper to get from the field house to the north end stairs.

Black_Magic
10-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Good for them:thumbsup: Still have not seen an explination as to why Sweetater gives a rip where Snyder comes in from. :rolleyes:

oh well
10-14-2004, 09:54 AM
It is a rougher surface then the south ramp. The south ramp is smooth and dangerous it is a hazard even fans know this the facility is way outdated. What is the bomb shelter at the south in for anyway. The field is nice I just wished they would have used some of the scrap turf to turf both ramps that would have looked good and then no one would be having this conversation. This is the only stadium teams are told where to enter and exit and which gate to go through I know Greenwood had a lot of problems 2 years ago some one tried to make them use the ramp then would not let them go in the gate closest to their side sent the TEAM to another gate on toward Sweetwaters side. So this is not just a one team thing and Merkel went down the middle of the stands and who cares where team enter or exit. If it is not hazardous! Thanks Ranger Mom as well

Ranger Mom
10-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Greenwood refused to walk down the ramp also.

They came through the stands, which fired the fans up, so it worked out all the way around!

I will still stick to my first statement. IMO , the ramp could be hazardous to come down in cleats!

This is a silly argument anyway!!:rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2004, 10:47 AM
I dont know why we care about people walking in from the ramp personally I don't, but it came up and if you notice that my last post was the first one in which I ever mentioned the ramp and I agree with ya'll the subject of the ramp is a point that will have no bearing on the game so I agree we should drop it

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe

Just to clarify this Sweetwater didnt bring up the ramp and that is the last ramp statement by me seriously Snyder good luck to ya'lls team tomorrow nite and may it be a clean and well fought game on both sides and let the best team win

mustang04
10-14-2004, 11:10 AM
honestly...im tired of all the arguements with snyder, i mean, i know alot of snyder girls and some guys, and they all seem really cool, snyder really reminds me of sweetwater when i think about it, maybe thats why they fight so much is cuz they are so much alike that one wants to prove that its better than the other...thats just my opinion

but i think that it doesnt matter where any team comes onto the field..sheesh parachute in if u want, i just think this whole arguement needs to be ended with this post..agreed?

oh well
10-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Great post o4 and the Dr. I agree with it all. The 2 towns are a lot a like and it is not the athletes that have the problems. It will be agreat atmos. to play in.

mustang04
10-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by oh well
Great post o4 and the Dr. I agree with it all. The 2 towns are a lot a like and it is not the athletes that have the problems. It will be agreat atmos. to play in.

i really have to agree with you about the atlhetes not being the ones with the problems, they are just competing..we are all competitors...but ive heard some of the snyder fans when i was at the snyder and lakeview game....they were talkin more trash than the most the athletes i ever went up against from there

lobo12
10-14-2004, 11:41 AM
mustang04 everybody knows that monahans grads grow up to become nothing cuz of their HORRIBLE education they get, they graduate from the name Monahans Loboes, to become Monahans' Hobos
by the way...what do u mean, losing the big games? in sweetwater everygame is a big game, where are u from? cuz if its monahans, then i feel bad for you not ever gettin to see that many big games, and sweetwater ppl actually do stuff after we graduate, dont know where u came up with all this mcdonalds stuff

hey come now no need in that. lol

Phantom Stang
10-14-2004, 12:47 PM
I agree that similarities make for a good rivalry. If I remember correctly, Sweetwater and Snyder's school songs are played to the same tune.:eek:
I'm sure Sweetwater's lyrics are a little better though.:p

mustang04
10-14-2004, 04:31 PM
of course its better hehe

stangcenter60
10-14-2004, 07:03 PM
personally i think not coming down the ramp is stupid but it really doesnt matter...like dr said we run down it in cleats all the time and nobody falls....but anywayz i really hope that rumor about the tigers comin down the steps under the scoreboard comtinues to just be a rumor cuz it wont be pretty if it comes true....those steps r sacred......the fans on the home side will go off if the tigers try to walk down them.....

stateboundWR#5
10-15-2004, 12:00 AM
i have a question for all the mustangs... whats up with all the face paint, i mean come on it is october but its not halloween yet!

TheDOCTORdre
10-15-2004, 12:12 AM
That question is like the other question posted earlier on this thread which I will not refer to, but it has no bearing on the game.