PDA

View Full Version : Everman fight ???

3afan
10-09-2004, 06:13 PM
was there some sort of fight at the Everman game? I heard somthing in a little "News at 10" spot ...

wildstangs
10-09-2004, 06:18 PM
There was an article on the Dallas Morning News that said some off duty police officers were attacked in the stands after they told some people to stop smoking.

marlin fan
10-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
There was an article on the Dallas Morning News that said some off duty police officers were attacked in the stands after they told some people to stop smoking. LMAO thats funny but its not funny!!!!

3afan
10-09-2004, 06:31 PM
its just not funny ....

marlin fan
10-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
its just not funny .... well it made me laugh... is the poor guy alright???

3afan
10-10-2004, 07:28 AM
One arrested after brawl at Everman football game

By Chris Vaughn

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Two Everman police officers who asked a man and woman smoking to leave a high school football game Friday night ended up in a violent melee as dozens of young people converged on the scene.

The two off-duty officers, neither identified by name, suffered minor injuries in the ruckus, including bruised ribs and an arm bite, said Everman Officer Elizabeth Charles.

The incident occurred during the third quarter of Everman's football game with Alvarado and drew multiple officers from Forest Hill and Fort Worth, responding to pleas for help on police radios.

"It was pretty much a nightmare," Charles said. "There were a lot of kids there, a lot of people there to enjoy the game. They shouldn't have to fear for their safety from some morons."

Everman High School's principal asked the two officers to remove a young man and woman from the stadium for smoking near the concession stands, Charles said. Tobacco is prohibited on school campuses.

They "refused to comply," Charles said. "The male became verbally abusive and combative. They ended up in a fight. While trying to subdue this guy, there ended up with 100 to 150 people in the mess."

She said the officers were kicked in the groin and punched in the head by at least some in the crowd, but that she suspected many were merely converging at what they thought was a regular fight.

The man, 25 years old, was arrested for assaulting a peace officer. No one else was arrested.

"Over something stupid," Charles said. "If they'd put the cigarette out or left the stadium, there would have been no problem."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

unbelievable ... WHY do people smoke ?!?!?!?

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
[b]
unbelievable ... WHY do people smoke ?!?!?!? my thoughts exactly...its disgustging and gives you bad breathe...i guess people like living on the gross side...

cHs_gUaRd_06
10-10-2004, 09:10 AM
that's terrible. makes Everman look good....

sinton66
10-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Well, smoking is a personal choice, but doing it on school grounds isn't. The offender deserves what he gets. Some people just don't have any common sense.

Rabbit'93
10-10-2004, 10:44 AM
What I can't understand is why the man got upset in the first place. YOU DON"T SMOKE AT HS BALLGAMES!!! Those other people that got involved should be ashamed of themselves.

3afan
10-10-2004, 11:03 AM
... and in jail

lepfan
10-10-2004, 11:19 AM
It is an addiction...as is with most drugs...(a gross addiction) that happens to be legal

jason
10-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
that happens to be legal i agree with you and yes it is legal, BUT not on school grounds or at high school games....