PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma 12, Texas 0

Bellville22
10-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Wow! The fact that Texas is a one-dimensional offense was glaring today, and one-dimensional teams don't win against top teams. I wasn't overly impressed with either team. I think OU is capable of winning, but this year I think there are 4 or 5 teams int he same boat. That defense was pretty impressive, though.

And when are people going to FINALLY realize that Vince Young is not a good QB. He is a great athlete, no doubt, but he's just not a QUARTERBACK. 8 for 23 for 78yards, most of those yards coming on the fly to Sweed in the last drive of the game. He met a team who wasn't going to let him run, and he couldn't do anything. This guy has poor throwing mechanics, poor accuracy, and poor vision. I'm tired of people thinking he'll make an NFL QB. Texas doesn't have the ability to run any kind of down the field offense because he can't execute it. Granted, they don't have the WRs this year, but they've showed nothing.

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Wow! The fact that Texas is a one-dimensional offense was glaring today, and one-dimensional teams don't win against top teams. I wasn't overly impressed with either team. I think OU is capable of winning, but this year I think there are 4 or 5 teams int he same boat. That defense was pretty impressive, though.

And when are people going to FINALLY realize that Vince Young is not a good QB. He is a great athlete, no doubt, but he's just not a QUARTERBACK. 8 for 23 for 78yards, most of those yards coming on the fly to Sweed in the last drive of the game. He met a team who wasn't going to let him run, and he couldn't do anything. This guy has poor throwing mechanics, poor accuracy, and poor vision. I'm tired of people thinking he'll make an NFL QB. Texas doesn't have the ability to run any kind of down the field offense because he can't execute it. Granted, they don't have the WRs this year, but they've showed nothing. Vince Young was a great HIGH SCHOOL qb........college is a different level of play....agreed...hes a GREAT athelete....but hes no great college QB.

Bellville22
10-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Where is the UT/Ok. State game this year? I think the Cowboys can matchup with Texas. OU showed that a good running game could be successful against the Horns. If this game is in Stillwater, I think OSU may have a chance.

JasperDog94
10-10-2004, 05:14 PM
I think OSU has a chance no matter where it's played. They have a very good team this year.

Also, it's no big secret that Texas has a difficult time stopping the run. Sproles, Griffin, and Arkie QB last year. The Arkie QB and Peterson this year. They always struggle against a good running team.