PDA

View Full Version : Devine 30 - Cotulla 27 & other 29-3A scores

intocable_cowboy
10-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Cotulla has helpless to watch the seconds tick away on Devine's final possesion and lose a heartbreaker. Both teams came out with strong ground attacks with Cotulla scoring first. Devine answered on their following possesion. Bad calls and non calls kept drives alive for both teams. At the half it was tied 14-14. Second half would see both teams score after the other and Devine would take thier first lead in the second half. Cotulla came back and was about to tie it but didn't connect on its PAT and Devine held at 27-28. Following a fumble by Devine at the Cot 10yd line and about 1:50 remaining in the game, we seemed poised to at least have a chance to drive it down and attempt to win the game, but on the 2nd play of the series our QB was sacked in the endzone to give Devine 2pts; 30-27. The onside attempt failed and Devine was able to run out what time was left. Cowboys showed good things on offense in this game, but just ran out of time. It was a stronger showing than most in district thought it would be including me. Now Cotulla will look to rebound against a team who ended their playoff hopes last year. Kickoff against Crystal City scheduled for 7:30 PM, Meyers Memorial Stadium, Cotulla.

Other 29-3A Scores:
Pearsall 21, Carrizo Springs 6
Hondo 29, Crystal City 0

PhiI C
10-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Thank you for the updates int and good luck to Cotulla next Friday.

Boosty_Hondo
10-09-2004, 06:38 PM
hey well we did good against crystal city when i heard that devine was losing i hit my self in the head and heard it again and i was freakin out but thats a way to fight cotulla yall almost had a huge upseet and i have a question was paul whitehead playingwell we got pearsall next week see yall in peasall bye

footballgal
10-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Good Job Cowboys for playing tough! Continue to play tough and Keep your heads up, just concentrate on next game.

Since I understand Devine is the favorite in the district who else can challenge them, Pearsall?

intocable_cowboy
10-11-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
and i have a question was paul whitehead playingwell

actually Whitehead wasn't played until the second half, seems he was nursing an injury, although he was able to run well enough when they put him in. I was talking to one of the players and he said Whitehead showed some discomfort from his injury. Nice job at Crystal and good luck with Pearsall this week! and see ya'll when you come into town to play Cotulla.

Originally posted by footballgal Since I understand Devine is the favorite in the district who else can challenge them, Pearsall?

Well from Pearsall's showing at Carrizo, and Hondo's shutout of Crystal City, I think the only two teams that can put up a fight if not at least win, is Hondo and Pearsall. Hondo has them at home this year I believe. The other question, is Pearsall a contender or a pretender in this years district race? Me personally, I say they are a contender, based on thier performances against teams Cotulla also played. Devine has to keep Whitehead healthy in order to win, and teams cannot let Devine's passing game get hot, #18 on Devine can make some pretty spectacular catches.
I've always rooted for Hondo in their game against Devine, so I wouldn't mind seeing Hondo unseat Devine from the top. In Pearsall vs Devine I'm nuetral, it all just depends what it will do with the standings in district.