PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about the Oklahoma Sooners.

Sintonfbplayer04
10-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Ok how can it be that there are (2) #28's ( Peterson )( Perkins )on the Oklahoma Sooners team? Can someone give me an answer? I think they must have ran out of numbers.

3afan
10-09-2004, 03:58 PM
most big-time DI programs have over 100 players on their rosters so they have to double up numbers ...

Keith7
10-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
most big-time DI programs have over 100 players on their rosters so they have to double up numbers ...

if they have people with the same numbers they normally play on different sides of the ball as well.. to cause less confusion

Da Mules
10-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Considering they're all a bunch of Okies (native or otherwise,) it's a wonder they have any numbers over 20. Or maybe 24 if some of the better math students happen to have six fingers and six toes.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2004, 04:18 PM
ROFL! :D

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 04:23 PM
i noticed that a few weeks ago too.....their roster must just be HUGE... even using 00 you still only have 100 numbers to distribute.

Keith7
10-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Many college teams are like this.. here is a link to OU's Roster by numbers u can see they do have a ton of players

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/roster?teamId=201&sort=jersey

lepfan
10-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
Considering they're all a bunch of Okies (native or otherwise,) it's a wonder they have any numbers over 20. Or maybe 24 if some of the better math students happen to have six fingers and six toes.

I have lived in both Texas and Oklahoma....there are people in both states that meet this description...don't think too highly of all Texas residents...you have some in the woodwork also!! I have seen some areas where the gene pool is not quite ankle deep.

:)

Perkins had the number to begin with...28 was Peterson's HS #. If they are on the playing field at the same time I think it is Peterson who has to change #s because of senority. OU is not the only team that does this...if you would gather your info...

Da Mules
10-09-2004, 09:58 PM
well since you're a Texan now, you at least understood the joke :D :D :D Don't take offense, some of my best freinds know some Okies

lepfan
10-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
well since you're a Texan now, you at least understood the joke :D :D :D Don't take offense, some of my best freinds know some Okies

I can't say I am a Texan...still consider myself an OKIE ...I graduated with a guy who move to OK from Muleshoe...no offense taken...I was transplanted into TX for around 13 years...now I am in Kansas....this small town I am in is redneck heaven...it is full of Blue Collar Comendy material

big daddy russ
10-10-2004, 03:31 AM
Some colleges assign a permanent number to each player at the beginning of the year. You have a given set of numbers to players on the practice squad and a given set of numbers to players on varsity. They might have been thinking of redshirting Peterson this year and gave him SQ-28 (practice squad). Then, when they saw that he is the next coming of Jesus in shoulderpads, they put him on the field.

Gilmer Buckeye
10-10-2004, 08:55 AM
It is hard to believe this is the same guy who could only rush for about 150 yards against White Oak last season. White Oak is barely a 3A school.

I'm not saying that All Day isn't any good, but I think having that OU offensive line in front of you would make just about anybody look good.