PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS is VERY OVERRATED...

slpybear the bullfan
10-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Number 5 in the nation? OVERRATED!

I have watched the SUPPOSED best rushing game in the nation get stood up by A. Peterson.

UTs passing game is non-existent... if you want to stop them... put eight in the box and spy on Benson... No problem. He will fumble anyway. Or Young will...

They are number 5 because they have just played some beaters...

Sheesh... How embarrassing...

Buckeye80
10-09-2004, 02:12 PM
What kills me is OU fans telling me that they "own" the state of Texas in football! 60% of their team is from Texas!!:rolleyes:

DawgFan91
10-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Agreed. If you had told me that our Defense could hold Oklahoma under 20 I would've taken it all day. Young is terrible and our receivers aren't real good either.

setex
10-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Your right, Young is the worst passer in college FB

Buckeye80
10-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by setex

I completely agree. He is a great athlete, but not a good QB.

Keith7
10-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Adrian Peterson may be the best running back in the nation.. and he is only a freshman!! :eek:

DawgFan91
10-09-2004, 02:20 PM
4th and 15, I'll run for it... He didn't see the blitz all day and took losses twice when we were close to FG position. Football IQ is horrible. Put him at wide out, let Mock run the offense and let's see what Perilloux can do when he gets her next year...he supposedly can pass pretty well.

DawgFan91
10-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Houston scored twice against Oklahoma... come on

Buckeye80
10-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
4th and 15, I'll run for it... He didn't see the blitz all day and took losses twice when we were close to FG position. Football IQ is horrible. Put him at wide out, let Mock run the offense and let's see what Perilloux can do when he gets her next year...he supposedly can pass pretty well.

And don't forget that y'all will have Jordan Shipley back next season at WR.

How long has it been since that name was mentioned on this site?:D

setex
10-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I've seen Jamal Charles at Port Arthur. Mack should trade him for a passer.

District303aPastPlayer
10-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Oklahoma - The best football team from the State of Texas

sinton66
10-09-2004, 02:24 PM
All QB's have bad days. Vince was way off his mark today. I'd say don't count them out yet. Their output today resembled my Pirates' outing last night. Doesn't mean they're a bad team. Pirates still managed a win though.

slpybear the bullfan
10-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Guys,

WHO has UT beaten that was actually a great team this year? Arkansas?

Sheesh... they are WAAAYYY OVERRATED. Hangin points on Baylor or UNT shouldn't impress pollsters... #5?

And yes, we can thank the good Lord we have Mack Brown.... we can have some great 10 win seasons and never win a championship.

Did you hear the announcers discussing Peterson's recruiting? (yes, another player from Texas playing in OU)... He said he was down to UT or OU. He chose OU because, "They develop players there and win championships."

I think he said a mouthful.

GRRRR....

Bullaholic
10-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Aw come on slpybear....don't hold back...tell us how you really feel about Texas. I agree that this is yet another embarrassment for Texans. My opinion is that after 5 years Mack Brown has had the talent and the time to beat Oklahoma at least once. I like Mack Brown as a person, but I say to the burnt-orange die hard Texas faithful.....keep him and be proud to beat the Baylor's and Rice's of the world, end up with 9-2 records or so, but never, ever be thought of as a program in the same company as OU, USC, and maybe even LSU. That would be hard to take for proud Texans who are used to seeing UT placed up there among the best.

Chief Woodman
10-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Guys,

WHO has UT beaten that was actually a great team this year? Arkansas?

Sheesh... they are WAAAYYY OVERRATED. Hangin points on Baylor or UNT shouldn't impress pollsters... #5?

And yes, we can thank the good Lord we have Mack Brown.... we can have some great 10 win seasons and never win a championship.

Did you hear the announcers discussing Peterson's recruiting? (yes, another player from Texas playing in OU)... He said he was down to UT or OU. He chose OU because, "They develop players there and win championships."

Finish what the anouncers said...."How would he know? He is just an 18- year old kid. He is just saying what an Oklahoma player told him" They also pointed out that Texas has the 4th most wins in the last 4 years. OK is ahead of them, but if UT had won the UT/OU shootout the postions would be reversed. Give credit to OK for being very good, but that does not mean Texas is a joke.

Denton Ryan and Southlake play real soon. Will the loser of the game be a joke because they lost to a better team? I don't think so.

Texas doesn't develop players? I guess Roy Williams who plays pro ball was never developed just like any of the other UT player who have been and are in the NFL.

Come on Slpy- you seem to be taking out of frustraion rather than factual information. Does not seem much like you.
GRRRR....

sinton66
10-09-2004, 02:53 PM
They develop players there

Stated by a FRESHMAN RB starting for OU.

Goldenstick
10-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Peterson is good but that OU offensive line makes him look better. Plus Stoops makes him look better by his play calling. He broke a few tackles but mostly ran downhill through those big holes

slpybear the bullfan
10-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes guys... in case you can't tell... I am Frustrated with a captial F. LOL...

Sometimes it is good for even us moderators to get passionate about topics too! ;)

Man, that game was a beating to watch.

I will calm down a little, but still say that Mack Brown has yet to prove he can win the big game at UT.

big daddy russ
10-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yeah, Derrick Johnson's not projected to be a top-10 draftee or anything. Neither was Ricky Williams or Leonard Davis.

slpybear the bullfan
10-09-2004, 03:15 PM

Well, he did look pretty developed today out on the field. LOL...

gobbler grad
10-09-2004, 03:20 PM
What happen to Texas today? I missed the game because I was at Turkeyfest. Looks like I didn't miss much. Was OU just to much or what?

Goldenstick
10-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Same old crap!!!! Texas turns the ball over in the first half when they are for sure going to put points on the board. OU comes out the second half and pushes them all over the field

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 03:34 PM
come on fellas...did any of you REALLY have any doubt that this would be the turnout? i didnt. ive said it before, and i'll say it again....UT is a GOOD team....not the GREAT team theyre always made out to be.

Flourhead
10-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Peterson is good but that OU offensive line makes him look better. Plus Stoops makes him look better by his play calling. He broke a few tackles but mostly ran downhill through those big holes

peterson had over half of his yards after contact... if he started every game this season he would be the heisman front runner... texas better start recruiting some players that can tackle at least a receiver... golly jeepers they missed way too many tackles

Gilmer Buckeye
10-09-2004, 03:44 PM
This game is just boring year after year. It is so predictable. It shouldn't be at the Cotton Bowl anymore either. That stadium should be condemned and imploded.

I think history would have been changed for the better had Texas and Texas A&M gone with the initial offer from the SEC they got in the early 1990s. That way, there might have been a Big 12, but it wouldn't have involved any Texas schools unless they wanted to take in Texas Tech or something.

The OU-Texas "rivalry" is so 20th Century. OU benefits from playing Texas teams far more than do our teams, because of the obvious recruiting angle. Brown just recently said Arkansas would not ever be scheduled again for that very reason.

It's too late to break up the Big 12, but it still sucks. I'd a lot rather watch Texas and Texas A&M playing the schools east of here than the ones in the barren heartland of Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, etc.

This is not a justification for Brown's inability to win the big game. I heard Nessler and Griese taking up for him on ABC a while ago. What has he got on them? Then they went through a retrospective of coaches who finally won national championships after many years of choking in the big games.

Hello, ABC broadcast crew? Who said anything about a national championship? Mack Brown has never even won a conference championship yet. Not even when he was in the ACC.

3afan
10-09-2004, 04:10 PM
coaches don't choke - the players do by not performing

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 04:13 PM
so where's all the UT fans this afternoon?? :thinking:

PhiI C
10-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Right here IHStang! There is something positive about this game and that is Texas can compete even though not beat yet Oklahoma! A 12 to 0 game is not a complete blowout unlike the past several years. Texas lost several recruits {triators :)} to Oklahoma after the game last year including Patterson {:)} With the game closer hopefully maybe Texas will get more of them.

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Right here IHStang! There is something positive about this game and that is Texas can compete even though not beat yet Oklahoma! A 12 to 0 game is not a complete blowout unlike the past several years. Texas lost several recruits {triators :)} to Oklahoma after the game last year including Patterson {:)} With the game closer hopefully maybe Texas will get more of them. LOL Phil..i love your spirit amigo. Yes, UT can COMPETE w/ OU...but hell ...we're talking about an OU team that let U of H of all people score on them TWICE!!! i just dont think UT or the Big12 as a whole...is as good this year as they have been the past few years...but thats just my opinion. :)

PhiI C
10-09-2004, 04:28 PM
I agree with you there IHS! The Big 12 doesn't seem to be on the level that USC or the SEC as of right now. What has really also hurt is the decline of Nebraska as a power. Still too bad Division 1 football has no real playoff system for a real national champion.

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 04:30 PM
I agree with you there IHS! The Big 12 doesn't seem to be on the level that USC or the SEC as of right now. What has really also hurt is the decline of Nebraska as a power. Still too bad Division 1 football has no real playoff system for a real national champion. Amen...i am w/ you 100% on the lack of a REAL playoff system. what a shame.

sinton66
10-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Well, he did look pretty developed today out on the field. LOL...

Yes he did, but OU didn't have anything to do with it. Credit where it's due would thank his high school coach, don't you think?

LST_Terry
10-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Credit Genetics and God for giving him the body, the speed, and the vision. What he has is not teachable

sinton66
10-09-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL Phil..i love your spirit amigo. Yes, UT can COMPETE w/ OU...but hell ...we're talking about an OU team that let U of H of all people score on them TWICE!!! i just dont think UT or the Big12 as a whole...is as good this year as they have been the past few years...but thats just my opinion. :)

It's not much difference to high school rivalries. Like when Ingleside and AP play, you can throw out the book, standings don't matter, it all boils down to who wants it more.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2004, 04:52 PM
emotions play big part in rivalries and games u know u going to win. the intensity just not there sometimes against lesser oppenants but OU Defense was up for this game, if they play like that all year they be hard to score on, but hard to keep intensity from game to game.

lepfan
10-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Oklahoma - The best football team from the State of Texas

And Oklahoma thanks Texas for their players they send to us!!!

PhiI C
10-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Very good lepfan. From now on you have permission to say but must add at the end "Oklahoma owns Texas - with Texans!" :)

lepfan
10-09-2004, 05:20 PM
I have never used that statement...I have been guilty of saying that the OK flag is the 7th flag OVER saxeT

DawgFan91
10-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
peterson had over half of his yards after contact... if he started every game this season he would be the heisman front runner... texas better start recruiting some players that can tackle at least a receiver... golly jeepers they missed way too many tackles

Yards after contact includes getting touched by a fingernail as you go by. Those sweeps left him untouched for at least 5 yds most of the time. Regardless, he is talented...about the tackling thing, that's the same story every year too...Texas did get a commitment from a LB from Hallsville named Roderick Muckleroy who made a name for himself last year the way he stopped Peterson in the first round of the playoffs. Said he had double digit stops on Peterson alone and a lot of them were open field. If that is true, and after what Peterson did today, Muckleroy should be the top LB recruit for every Big XII south school...

lepfan
10-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Yes he did, but OU didn't have anything to do with it. Credit where it's due would thank his high school coach, don't you think?

So all learning and development stops at the HS level? I don't think so. His HS coach should get credit, his genetics should get credit, his parents should get credit, as well as the coaching staff at OU. Just my opinion.

BALLER69
10-09-2004, 06:46 PM
All QB's have bad days. Vince was way off his mark today. I'd say don't count them out yet. Their output today resembled my Pirates' outing last night. Doesn't mean they're a bad team. Pirates still managed a win though. DID ANYONE THINK THAT OU MIGHT HAVE A GREAT DEFENCE

BALLER69
10-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Same old crap!!!! Texas turns the ball over in the first half when they are for sure going to put points on the board. OU comes out the second half and pushes them all over the field BOTH TEAMS HAD 3 TURNOVERS.

Phil C
10-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Don't be too surprised and disappointed if Peterson goes to NFL before his senior year because of the money.

BALLER69
10-09-2004, 06:51 PM
I WOULD TAKE AP OVER BENSON.HES ALREADY A BETTER PLAYER.

Hupernikomen
10-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Very good lepfan. From now on you have permission to say but must add at the end "Oklahoma owns Texas - with Texans!" :)

True True...Last year's recruiting class for Oklahoma was considered to be one to the tops again..12 Texans, 2 Oklahomans, and 1 each from a few states...

More and more Petersons and Bomars are going to continue to leave texas when they watch Texas get blown out 65-12....I hope Charles of PAM doesn't change his mind.

J. Charles if you read this...your State needs you. Don't sell out to the Sooners...the route to the NFL as a RB can go through Texas very well just ask Eric Metcalf, Ricky Williams, Earl Campbell, or Priest Holmes).:D :D :rolleyes:

Goldenstick
10-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BALLER69
I WOULD TAKE AP OVER BENSON.HES ALREADY A BETTER PLAYER.

Simply not true, Peterson wouldn't have had 50 yards if he had to run against that Oklahoma defense. Benson is a more complete back at this time

big daddy russ
10-09-2004, 08:24 PM
If VY hadn't fumbled the dang ball on the 15 yard line in the first half, it would've been a completely different game. I hate what-ifs like that.

DawgFan91
10-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Guys,

GRRRR....

They do win championships but I wouldn't say the develop players any better than Texas does. Especially when you look at the number of UT players vs. OU players who have been early round picks in the NFL. Roy Williams, Q. Jammer, L. Davis, Ricky Williams, S. Rogers, C. Hampton, W. Tubbs, and there are others over the last few years that I am sure I forgot.

That's what is so frustrating. Yeah, OU has a great defense every year but Roy Williams has scored 4 TDs in his last 2 games in the NFL and never scored one against OU. I used to think it was Simms but after today I have to look at the constant in all this and that is Mack Brown and that offensive system that can't adjust. Except for the desperation passes in the 4th, they ran the same 3 plays all game. Stoops is too good for that garbage.

So Peterson can talk about developing players and championships but the bottom line is that OU is going to get these great players b/c they win championships...period.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Vince Young should not be the quarterback. He lacks composure and the smarts to play quarterback. He is an excellent and gifted athlete, but there is a lot missing. Mock on the other hand is a leader that has the composure and the smarts that Young is missing. I've been saying this since last year, but everyone has disagreed with me thus far, but I think that this game showed it to everyone, and if it didn't.....

DawgFan91
10-09-2004, 09:44 PM
I have to agree with you BBDE. Young NEVER saw that blitz coming off the corner, he lost yards when he couldn't lose yards, and he just doesn't read the defense.

If Mock had been left alone last year, Texas would be an entirely different team this year. No way Young plays QB in the NFL, he needs to go ahead and make that transition to WR right now...can he catch?

sinton66
10-09-2004, 10:44 PM
You don't lose WR's the quality of Roy Williams and come out smelling like a rose. The UT WR's this go round are green in comparison. The blind side blitzes aren't the QB's fault, that belong to the O line. I'm telling you, Vince simply had a bad day. OU's defense didn't have anything to do with him over or under throwing the receivers. The defense also didn't have a lot to do with receivers dropping passes when Vince did manage to hit them. Yes the OU defense did make some good plays, but they were not responsible for Vince's performance. Had this been Simms, the score would have been much worse because he would have had a bunch of ints.

big daddy russ
10-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
....i just dont think UT or the Big12 as a whole...is as good this year as they have been the past few years...but thats just my opinion. :)
You're right, and the reason is because some of the lower-tier teams have taken a step forward with their programs. Take a step back and follow me for a bit...

Let's face it, the only recruiting hotbed for Big XII teams is the state of Texas. Oklahoma is a distant two with Colorado, Mizzou and the rest of the midwest trailing behind. We are supplying the talent to all nine Division I-A Texas teams PLUS the squads up in Norman, Stillwater, Manhattan and (to a certain extent) at Kansas and Nebraska. Also, there are a few SEC teams (mainly Arkansas) that rake our talent. There's only so much to go around.

Also take into consideration that Tech, K-State, OSU and Arkie have been getting more talent over the past few years and that takes away from the talent that the big dogs in the Big XII have. Sure, OU will get its usual haul, as will UT. But A&M, Nebraska and Colorado have suffered because of the rise of the doormats.

This isn't the SEC, where every state involved has loads of HS talent to shift through. This is Texas and then everyone else.

I saw a reply to this topic earlier where someone stated that A&M and UT would have benefited more from going into the SEC than joining the Big XII. They're right. That entire OU defense would probably be playing for either one of those teams right now, Mack would have some extra bling on one of his fingers, the Sooners would still only be a perennial 15-20 team, the Ags would take their place as a top-10 program, and Peterson would probably be in College Station. (Remember, that was his first choice at the beginning of his senior year. If the Ags would've had an elite program he probably would have wound up there)

Besides, the most talent-laden region in the country is that strip that stretches along the Gulf Coast from East Texas/South Arkansas/Louisiana down to the Florida panhandle. And the areas surrounding that region (D/FW, Houston, Tennessee, the rest of Florida, SC, Northern GA) aren't shabby either. Those SEC teams don't need to steal Texas talent. They've got their own.

BIGHANK
10-10-2004, 09:17 AM

All you people who are talking nonsense do not even know what you are talking about it would be nice that you wouldnt talk down on someone because i dont see yall out there trying it now do I.

big daddy russ
10-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BIGHANK
All you people who are talking nonsense do not even know what you are talking about it would be nice that you wouldnt talk down on someone because i dont see yall out there trying it now do I.
You are absolutely right, BigHank. There are worse passers in the NCAA.

They're just few and far between.:D

3afan
10-10-2004, 01:51 PM
all i want to say about this is 98% of the other football programs in the USA would love to as big a joke as Texas ..................

PhiI C
10-10-2004, 01:55 PM
I agree 3A. This was another year though that Oklahoma's Texans(Red River Traitors) were better than Texas' Texans!

(A little humor there!) :)

gobbler grad
10-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Saw the poll and Texas is out of the top 10.
Not sure where they landed after this weeks lose.

CHSBaseball07
10-10-2004, 03:22 PM
bad game....................bad game........horrible game......Texas had many opportunities to win

PhiI C
10-10-2004, 06:19 PM
In all fairness to my little humor it must be pointed out that one of Texas greatest coaches (Darrell Royal) who brought much glory to UT was from Oklahoma and played football at OK. He stayed at UT even when OK once tried to get him to come there.

BALLER69
10-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Texas just got beat by a better team.thats it.

tmac
10-10-2004, 08:13 PM
anyone that holds oklahoma to 12 is no joke all of yall need to pick a bandwagon and stay on it

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2004, 08:45 PM
I think Texas is a very good team... a 9 or 10 win, top 20 team...

The problem is, the expectations are that it should be a top 5 team that wins championships. And they are not that.

Chief Woodman
10-10-2004, 08:47 PM
I think Texas is a very good team... a 9 or 10 win, top 20 team...

The problem is, the expectations are that it should be a top 5 team that wins championships. And they are not that.
Hard for a # 5 team to win the championship when the #1 or #2 team is in their conference. It does not mean they are not a top 5 team.

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Hard for a # 5 team to win the championship when the #1 or #2 team is in their conference. It does not mean they are not a top 5 team.

I think that is exactly my point. The expectations that UT fans have is that Texas should win the BIG 12 and play for a big bowl game. The excuse of a better team is in the conference cannot remain for several years. Eventually, the fans expect that you overcome that. And the teams led by Mack Brown have not.

Again, UT is a very good football team. But this ain't Ole Miss or Oregon.

KTJ
10-10-2004, 09:10 PM
I'm going to skip (and not read) all the crap that is within this post and cut right to slpybear's original post and comment.

We are not a joke. To say that is saying that the Texas programs isn't one of the best programs these last several years. Granted we haven't won anything noteworthy, we are still a top program. We still rank over Tech and Aggy right now and we have the last several years. Saying we are a joke would be like saying we are a 4-8 team that ranks in the top 20. That's a joke.

Now are we overrated--possibly. You ahve to admit, our defense is what kept us in the game. The defense has improved A LOT since last year, thanks to Robinson. It's the offense that sucks right now. (and boy does it suck.)

The problem is Gred Davis, the OC. Take him out and get someone who knows what they are doing, and there ya go.

BTW---Oklahoma fans and students are the trashiest people ever. And they wonder why people hate them. Never again do I want to be at the State Fair after a loss. There was no "good game Texas" or "you guys played great". But there sure were a lot of "Texas Sucks!" "horns down!" and "5 in a row!".

Now really--how classless is that. :(

JasperDog94
10-10-2004, 09:14 PM
What did you expect KTJ? After all I guess it's now okay to show the downward horns after you score a touchdown.:rolleyes:

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'm going to skip (and not read) all the crap that is within this post and cut right to slpybear's original post and comment.

We are not a joke. To say that is saying that the Texas programs isn't one of the best programs these last several years. Granted we haven't won anything noteworthy, we are still a top program. We still rank over Tech and Aggy right now and we have the last several years. Saying we are a joke would be like saying we are a 4-8 team that ranks in the top 20. That's a joke.

Now are we overrated--possibly. You ahve to admit, our defense is what kept us in the game. The defense has improved A LOT since last year, thanks to Robinson. It's the offense that sucks right now. (and boy does it suck.)

The problem is Gred Davis, the OC. Take him out and get someone who knows what they are doing, and there ya go.

BTW---Oklahoma fans and students are the trashiest people ever. And they wonder why people hate them. Never again do I want to be at the State Fair after a loss. There was no "good game Texas" or "you guys played great". But there sure were a lot of "Texas Sucks!" "horns down!" and "5 in a row!".

Good post KTJ. I especially appreciated the comments about the OC. You are correct. Texas is not a joke. They are overrated. I started the thread out of immense frustration on Saturday and now I will go back and retitle it....

Bullaholic
10-10-2004, 09:29 PM
KTJ....one thing you might consider. I think 100% of the posters in this thread are avid UT supporters who have had their pride wounded severely by OU for 5 straight years and are looking for an answer-- any answer, and there are many possible, that will restore the UT program to glory. The enemy is OU--not those who are outraged because they hate to see UT lose to anybody outside of Texas.

PhiI C
10-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Actually a lot of people would love to be able to say that the No. 2 team only beat them by 12 points.

Panther Ross
10-10-2004, 10:24 PM

He breaks tackles and runs over people. Don't try to take all his glory away from him.

Panther Ross
10-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

BTW---Oklahoma fans and students are the trashiest people ever. And they
wonder why people hate them. Never again do I want to be at the State Fair after a loss. There was no "good game Texas" or "you guys played great". But there sure were a lot of "Texas Sucks!" "horns down!" and "5 in a row!".

You know what is funny is that what I hear is that Longhorns spits on the corps when at Kyle Field. I have the most respect for ou and Stoops they are a great team. Texas is overrated huge. Oklahoma knew that Texas is pratically nothing. Texas has played nobody and the sad part is they think they are a powerhouse. Congrats to beating ohh wait who was it? Oh yeah Baylor, Rice, North Texas. I don't know if they played Tulsa this year. Oh yeah the aggies also. They are already 4-1, what were they last year? 4-8 Franchione is getting them back together. Anyways Texas as a whole, is the totally opposite of what I thought they would be. I thought the offense was going to be unstopable, and the defense weak. I was wrong. I sure do hope Texas tries to run against the Aggies because the teams that have tried to run have been shutdown. Sproles up for Heisman until A&M. 61 rushing yards. Vince Young can't pass if his life depended on it poor boy. Aggie's offense is 11th in the nation, they just have an extremely hard time defending the pass. I am anxious for the Texas and Aggie game.

GreenMonster
10-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Sorry folks, I think Texas is rated just about right. They held a very powerful Oklahoma O to only 13 points. Mack Brown just got out coached again. Should have thrown a few deep balls to soften the Oklahoma Defense. It's not like everyone in the nation didn't know Texas was going to try to stuff the ball down OU's throat with Ced Benson. First Quarter should have had at least 3 or 4 bombs. It wouldn't have mattered if they were caught or not. Tell the QB to throw the dang thang as far as he could and tell your fastest receiver to run as fast as he can down the numbers. Get the safeties off the line and into the secondary where they belong. Cudos to Stoops for doing exactly what UT expected him not to do. RUN the football. That Peterson kid is a S-T-U-D. Texas was unprepared as usual in the Red River Shootout.

lepfan
10-10-2004, 11:27 PM

Now really--how classless is that. :( [/B]

And how classy is it for you to stereotype all Oklahoma fans and students...Hate is a very strong word...If you had a bad experience with some OK fans and students I am sorry...But, don't think that all OK fans are like that...And most of all don't have the attitude that Texas does not have it's share of "trashy"students and fans...I have been there and heard all the anti- OU slogans after a Texas win---In other words don't complain about one set of fans when the other has been guilty of the same behavior...

Goldenstick
10-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
He breaks tackles and runs over people. Don't try to take all his glory away from him.

If you haven't noticed, every Oklahoma running back has had big games against Texas here lately! Peterson is a good back but the gameplan and playcalling really helped matters. Put him on the Texas side of the ball and put him in Benson's place and he would have the same kind of game Cedric had

Peterson was breaking cornerback and safety tackles!!! He wasn't getting touched until he was 5-10 yards down field

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
And don't forget that y'all will have Jordan Shipley back next season at WR.

How long has it been since that name was mentioned on this site?:D when ya don't play, we don't remember ya

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by BALLER69
DID ANYONE THINK THAT OU MIGHT HAVE A GREAT DEFENCE nope....we all think that texas' offense sucks

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 01:27 AM
actually if you could throw a blame on anyone for texas losing you can put it on cedric benson
his hands suck

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by BIGHANK
All you people who are talking nonsense do not even know what you are talking about it would be nice that you wouldnt talk down on someone because i dont see yall out there trying it now do I. that's a researched response

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

what did you expect? Honestly?...you should come to kyle field, the home of class and respect

AggieBob
10-11-2004, 01:34 AM
http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/tuStuff/Reality.jpg

Dogman
10-11-2004, 08:18 AM
You can talk smack the year you beat UT. Until then you'd better stick to field hockey or something..............

JasperDog94
10-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Oklahoma knew that Texas is pratically nothing. You just keep right on believing that.:)

JasperDog94
10-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Truely classless AggieBob.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KTJ
10-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
And how classy is it for you to stereotype all Oklahoma fans and students...Hate is a very strong word...If you had a bad experience with some OK fans and students I am sorry...But, don't think that all OK fans are like that...And most of all don't have the attitude that Texas does not have it's share of "trashy"students and fans...I have been there and heard all the anti- OU slogans after a Texas win---In other words don't complain about one set of fans when the other has been guilty of the same behavior...

I don't think I was stereotyping all Oklahoma fans but just the few that are classless and trashy, ya know, the "few fans that every school has" type--which I thought was implied, but I guess not. (One reason why I hate the internet--it has no emotion.)

KTJ
10-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
what did you expect? Honestly?...you should come to kyle field, the home of class and respect

You're kidding, right?

I've been spit upon and called names that would get me banned on this BBS just for metioning it at Kyle Field, home of the Texas A&M Aggies.

I have another story that is too long to type as well.

lepfan
10-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I don't think I was stereotyping all Oklahoma fans but just the few that are classless and trashy, ya know, the "few fans that every school has" type--which I thought was implied, but I guess not. (One reason why I hate the internet--it has no emotion.)

Gotcha...yes every school has "those" fans...even Aggie land...OU band members had to be escorted by the police one year just to get back on their bus...some equipment was damaged...

You should be up here and hear all the KU/KSU ruckus...some KState fans are not being very loyal...

Chief Woodman
10-11-2004, 07:05 PM

Not real sure about that. Driving around A&M you see window stickers with a longhorn having the slogan "Saw 'em off". Real classy. Then there is the shirt for OU "Enter ranked, leave spanked". ALL schools have some classless folks.

lobo dad
10-11-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't think that a team is classless for "sayings", or Trash-talking. That's a part of sports, and it doesn't mean that you don't have class. Texas does the same thing every year, they get to the big game and break your heart. Hopefully, they will get over the hump and be the powerhouse we are waiting for.

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 10:48 PM
i love a little bit of ruckus on the board

AggieBob
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
We at A&M have a very high level of respect for all schools and we welcome them to our campus with open arms and even by them drinks now and then....that is...all but that small liberal college down in austin. We don't care to much for them...

AggieJohn
10-12-2004, 12:49 AM
aggiebob, truly a fine, upstanding gentlemen

you can be a part of my pyramid any day:D

AggieBob
10-12-2004, 01:00 AM
I am truly honored:D

AggieJohn
10-12-2004, 01:03 AM
anytime...hey let's schedule an interview

AggieBob
10-12-2004, 01:12 AM
anytime! Aim me!

KTJ
10-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by AggieBob
We at A&M have a very high level of respect for all schools and we welcome them to our campus with open arms and even by them drinks now and then....that is...all but that small liberal college down in austin. We don't care to much for them...

We know you don't. As evident of me being spit upon and my friend being called a racial slur.

But I digress...

JasperDog94
10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
aggiebob, truly a fine, upstanding gentlemen :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bulldog_12
10-12-2004, 01:42 PM
So now we are the bad guys? I think not. Ill tell you a classless team. K-State. I was at the Aggie K-state game and they had the worst players and coaches. When they scored the first time, they taunted the student section, yelled at students, and mocked everyone. Of course, they shut up real quick after that. But it is really bad when you have to turn around to the student section, flip them off and yell at them. THAT is truly classless. Oh I almost forgot to share this too, even the coaches, probably assistant coaches who don't do anything, were joining their players in these acts. That is sad.

JasperDog94
10-12-2004, 02:20 PM
No arguement here.

CHSBaseball07
10-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Am I MISTAKING or did i just hear A&M's coach talking on the news saying that they are in the hunt for the Big 12 Championship.......is he SCREWED UP IN THE HEAD??? They wont get past Ok. State.........they will get STOMPED BY TEXAS cause if texas only gave up 12 to OU how much do you think they will give up to A&M...........

'NUFF SAID!

TEXAS FIGHT!

If we had A&M's schedule right now we'd be 5-0 ..not 4-1

AggieBob
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Am I MISTAKING or did i just hear A&M's coach talking on the news saying that they are in the hunt for the Big 12 Championship.......is he SCREWED UP IN THE HEAD??? They wont get past Ok. State.........they will get STOMPED BY TEXAS cause if texas only gave up 12 to OU how much do you think they will give up to A&M...........

'NUFF SAID!

TEXAS FIGHT!

:thinking:
:rolleyes: ok you can have Utah and we can play NOrth texas, Wyoming for Arkansas, Clemson for RIce, K-State for Baylor, and Iowa State for Oklohoma.:D but i dont think a powder puff scheldule and then going strait into the Big XIIs finest i such a bright idea...:doh: Who makes a Schedule like that anyways:eek:

Bulldog_12
10-12-2004, 09:51 PM
What makes you think that we are going to get stomped this weekend? Whats your proof? Look at our defense, we are shutting down the run everywhere. Ok. ST. hasnt been forced to throw the ball yet. I think we can make them, and then get pressure on their new quarterback and cause severe havoc on him. I actually think the Aggies have a pretty dang good chance of winning this game. The only thing that worries me is that its on the road. But even then, this is a totally different A&M team than last year.

big daddy russ
10-12-2004, 10:25 PM

'NUFF SAID!

TEXAS FIGHT!

2-0. They're in the hunt if you ask me. A couple more wins and the UT fans might start realizing that A&M really is that good...

big daddy russ
10-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Wait, what am I saying? No they won't. Silly me.:rolleyes:

LST_Terry
10-12-2004, 10:32 PM
A&M is in the hunt, BUT they have yet to beat a team that is good, they have beat some teams that were supposed to be good. This weekend we will see if the AGS are for real

AggieBob
10-13-2004, 12:30 AM
What good team has t.u. beat?:thinking:

Bulldog_12
10-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Thats exactly what I was thinking, but I wasnt going to say anything and get this place hot......again.

AggieJohn
10-13-2004, 03:40 AM
What good team has t.u. beat?:thinking:

good thought......for that...i give youprivledges...i give you j.p's until after the colorado game....

AggieBob
10-13-2004, 08:22 AM
YAY! WHOOP!

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 09:51 AM
What good team has t.u. beat?:thinking: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Arkansas

handNthedirt
10-13-2004, 09:56 AM
I wonder why Benson had a rushing average of 186 (before he got his a** handed to him by OU), could it have been the stellar defensive play of UNT, Rice, and Baylor? Great job Benson, Good luck in your Heisman campaign!!!

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Very petty....very petty.

KL3
10-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Gilmer Buckeye, I thought A&M was headed to the SEC and Texas was going to join the Pac-10? Atleast that's what I read in this years Dave Campbell's Texas Football. I've always wondered what it would be like for A&M to be in the SEC

Longhorn fans, don't say anything about A&M's schedule. Now granted, our's hasn't been much better but it still has been tougher than texas'. You finally faced an above average team and got beat.

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Arkansas

Not really.

KTJ
10-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Texas Opponent's Records so far -

North Texas - 2-4 (2-0)
Arkansas - 3-2 (1-1)
Rice - 3-2 (1-1)
Baylor - 2-3 (0-2)
Oklahoma - 5-0 (2-0)

Combined Record - 15-11 (6-4)

Texas A&M Opponent's Records so far

Utah - 5-0 (2-0)
Wyoming - 4-1 (1-0)
Clemson - 1-4 (1-3)
K-State - 2-3 (0-2)
Iowa State - 2-3 (0-2)

Combined Record - 14-11 (2-7)

BOTTOM LINE - Both teams' schuedule so far has sucked.

done and done.

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:34 AM
You just keep right on believing that.:)

everybody knows including Oklahoma that they were not ready for them because they played absolutely nobody. If you play nobody in preseason how do you expect to beat #2 team in
NCAA football when you beat up on small teams.

KTJ
10-13-2004, 10:37 AM
I will everybody knows including Oklahoma they were not ready for them because they played absolutely nobody. If you play nobody in preseason how do you expect to beat #2 team in
NCAA football when you beat up on small teams.

So by this logic, A&M is going to lose to OU as well.

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Texas Opponent's Records so far -

North Texas - 2-4 (2-0)
Arkansas - 3-2 (1-1)
Rice - 3-2 (1-1)
Baylor - 2-3 (0-2)
Oklahoma - 5-0 (2-0)

Combined Record - 15-11 (6-4)

Texas A&M Opponent's Records so far

Utah - 5-0 (2-0)
Wyoming - 4-1 (1-0)
Clemson - 1-4 (1-3)
K-State - 2-3 (0-2)
Iowa State - 2-3 (0-2)

Combined Record - 14-11 (2-7)

BOTTOM LINE - Both teams' schuedule so far has sucked.

done and done.

Maybe both have sucked but Rice, North Texas, hardly getting by a team they beat in their own house. What is Texas ranked? oh yeah like 5th in the nation at that time. A&M is not even in the top 25. You cannot say anything about the aggie schedule.

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
So by this logic, A&M is going to lose to OU as well.

No playing weak, weak teams and then playing #2 right off hand, doesn't make much sense to me. Aggies play them more at the end of the season which will give them plenty of time to get ready for them.

KTJ
10-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Maybe both have sucked but Rice, North Texas, hardly getting by a team they beat in their own house. What is Texas ranked? oh yeah like 5th in the nation at that time. A&M is not even in the top 25. You cannot say anything about the aggie schedule.

Stop trying to make a spin to make you look decent. Your schedule sucks as well and you know it. But I bet you'll go ahead and take that 4-1 record now won't you?

And Aggy is ranked at #23.

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Stop trying to make a spin to make you look decent. Your schedule sucks as well and you know it. But I bet you'll go ahead and take that 4-1 record now won't you?

And Aggy is ranked at #23.

To begin with, A&M was not ranked, and no I am not putting a spin on anything, you cannot play much better teams than yours because you will have a losing season

KTJ
10-13-2004, 10:42 AM
No playing weak, weak teams and then playing #2 right off hand, doesn't make much sense to me. Aggies play them more at the end of the season which will give them plenty of time to get ready for them.

Dude, we don't make out the Big 12 schedule. The Big 12 office does. The only thing they let us play when we want is the UT/A&M game and the UT/OU game. Everything else is up to them. And who would you suggest we play before Blow-U?

So Blow-U playing Oregon and Tech really prepared them for Texas?

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:45 AM
So Blow-U playing Oregon and Tech really prepared them for Texas? [/B][/QUOTE]

Tech most definitely, Tech is a good team that tested their defense. Oregon I do not know to much about them.

I would suggest playing better teams than the ones you play such as UTAH. That is a pretty tough team right there.

KTJ
10-13-2004, 10:45 AM
To begin with, A&M was not ranked, and no I am not putting a spin on anything, you cannot play much better teams than yours because you will have a losing season

And once again, should you agree with that logic, the same can be said for A&M.

you cannot play much better teams than yours because you will have a losing season

Thanks. I'll let Mack know that and Aggy wants us to load out OOC schedule with USC, Purdue, Miami and Georgia just so we can prove his point. :rolleyes:

KTJ
10-13-2004, 10:47 AM

Tech most definitely, Tech is a good team that tested their defense. Oregon I do not know to much about them.

I would suggest playing better teams than the ones you play such as UTAH. That is a pretty tough team right there. [/B][/QUOTE]

Uhh, did you not see the Arkansas game? One of the most hostile environments EVER? And I still, yet again, maintain that Aggy would definitely lose to Arkansas in Arkie.

Arkansas > Clemson and K-State

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks. I'll let Mack know that and Aggy wants us to load out OOC schedule with USC, Purdue, Miami and Georgia just so we can prove his point. :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

Now you are just overdoing my point of the situation.

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

I would suggest playing better teams than the ones you play such as UTAH. That is a pretty tough team right there.

Uhh, did you not see the Arkansas game? One of the most hostile environments EVER? And I still, yet again, maintain that Aggy would definitely lose to Arkansas in Arkie.

Arkansas > Clemson and K-State [/B][/QUOTE]

All I was saying is that a team that is ranked 5th in the nation, got beat in their own house, a team they played not even in the top 25, could spank them easily.

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 10:50 AM

Yeah because Texas is over ranked.

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 11:12 AM
Yeah because Texas is over ranked. Because they lost to the #2 team in the nation by only 12 points? And it was nip and tuck the whole way. Texas was able to move the ball, but had a couple of turnovers that decided the outcome of the game. Give me a break.

KL3
10-13-2004, 11:28 AM
but had a couple of turnovers that decided the outcome of the game. Give me a break.

I hope you really don't believe that is why texas lost.

handNthedirt
10-13-2004, 11:33 AM
A 19 year old made the TU defense look like little boys! That same 19 year old rushed a couple yards shy of the number TU's total offense put up...and he'll be there for another couple of the "shoot-outs!"

KTJ
10-13-2004, 12:29 PM

Arkansas > Clemson and K-State

All I was saying is that a team that is ranked 5th in the nation, got beat in their own house, a team they played not even in the top 25, could spank them easily. [/B][/QUOTE]

You're not making any sense whatsoever.

And how was it our "own house"? Have you ever been to the RRS?

KTJ
10-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I hope you really don't believe that is why texas lost.

Then please, football genius, why did we lose? Let me know now so I can alert the powers that be.

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Isn't the best way to judge this UT aTm thing to watch them play each other?

Rankings won't amount to jack then....

KTJ
10-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Now you are just overdoing my point of the situation. [/B]

I can't "overdo" your point when none was made to begin with.

Bulldog_12
10-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Im with you slpybear. I cant wait for the A&M and UT game. I think this year it will actually be considered a game. These are two totally different teams from last year and the previous years. It should be fun. And this isnt meant to say you dont know what your talking about to another aggie supporter, but A&M is ranked #23 right now.

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
TU :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I hope you really don't believe that is why texas lost. So, are you telling me that when your team is driving the ball and is in scoring position and fumbles the ball and you're down by less than a touchdown, that it won't effect whether you win or lose when the final defecit was 12 points?

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 02:04 PM
you guys crack me up, LOL.

AggieJohn
10-13-2004, 03:36 PM
God bless 3adownlow.com

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 07:26 PM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS....TEXAS WILL KICK A&M's *** this year......anyone wanna argue that one???? Maybe we did lose to OU ....good lord it was 12-0..........we were dominant on offense most of the time......TURNOVERS and Blown Opportunities hurt us.....................Just wait till Thanksgiving and maybe we can SHUT ALL YOU AGGIES UP!!!

'Nuff Said!

TEXAS FIGHT! TEXAS FIGHT! And Goodbye to A&M!

Bulldog_12
10-13-2004, 07:27 PM
What if we shut your mouth????? Ya never know what might happen. And why ya getting so angry???? Are we scared???? Bitter maybe about last week? Sounds so to me. But thats just my opinion.

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 07:36 PM
The aggies couldnt shut no one up if you wanted to.............

Bulldog_12
10-13-2004, 07:38 PM
How do you know??? Your still in high school, your not as wise as you may think. And it shows by your grammar, "Shut no one up?", It's anyone. Have you watched the Aggies play yet this year? Its a new team from last year. We shut K-state up. I know thats not saying much anymore, but everyone figured we would probably lose. They even came to the stadium taunting us and we beat the crap out of them. So you never know what will happen in any game.

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 07:43 PM
I didn't know you were an English teacher?? but since you are....do you want me to punctuate and spell everything right??? or is it ok if i talk the way i wanna talk?? just makin sure.....

anyways.......just wait till thanksgiving if yall are SO GOOD! and wanna shut more people up......

And since im in highschool i guess im not as Smart as a guy as you are.... ha......................

Bulldog_12
10-13-2004, 07:45 PM
No, I just like to point out your faults. Its fun to see you get all wound up about things that you have very little knowledge on. I have seen both teams play in person and think it will be a very good game. I even dare say that we have a chance of winning. I know you think thats impossible, but then again, Im not surprised.

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 07:47 PM
i was at the A&M K-State game......i was at the Texas Baylor game and Texas vs North Texas game.....dang we have both seen them in person...im not mad...im just stating facts.....

Bulldog_12
10-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, you saw Texas against N. Texas and Baylor, exactly my point. You haven't seen them really play. But then again, maybe I havent really seen A&M play. But I think from what I have seen on both, we have a really good shot this year. A&M has a much better rush defense than they have had in the best and, so far, thats all I have seen Texas do. Thats why I think we have a shot this year.

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Well all you said was "Ive seen both play in person" or somethin like that.......so i just answered....................im tired of talkin on this post on this subject...........just wait till Thanksgiving.....then PM me after the game........

Bulldog_12
10-13-2004, 07:55 PM
fair enough

sinton66
10-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Excuse me folks, this is a 3A HIGH SCHOOL football board. If yall want to start a UT/A&M pissing contest, take it someplace else. Mine's bigger than yours!!! No it's not!!!! Is too! Is not!!!! You suck! No, YOU suck!!! Stop being a pain, please. Give me a break, Yall are getting a little carried away with this.

sinton66
10-13-2004, 08:08 PM
I don't minsd yall discussing the topic. I don't mind yall disagreeing. But, PLEASE go get some FACTS and contribute some intelligence here. Look up some stats, something. That's all I'm saying.

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 08:09 PM
im sorry......i figured since EVERYONE else did it i could to........probably about 40% of this is only about 3a Highschool football..........

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 08:11 PM
read back into the posts and you will see stats....such as their opponents records and many other things......but its way in the middle......so itll be hard to find

sinton66
10-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I saw SOME. But that's not where it's headed now.

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 08:15 PM
OK OK...i wont question you........we have ALL already been warned about questioning one of you guys........i guess this topic is DONE!!

its all fun and games......you should know that

sinton66
10-13-2004, 08:29 PM
All I'm asking is that yall keep it civil and intelligent. If it's all in fun, it should make us laugh, not cringe with dread for what's coming next.

Panther Ross
10-13-2004, 09:03 PM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS....TEXAS WILL KICK A&M's *** this year......anyone wanna argue that one???? Maybe we did lose to OU ....good lord it was 12-0..........we were dominant on offense most of the time......TURNOVERS and Blown Opportunities hurt us.....................Just wait till Thanksgiving and maybe we can SHUT ALL YOU AGGIES UP!!!

'Nuff Said!

TEXAS FIGHT! TEXAS FIGHT! And Goodbye to A&M!

WOW! Point proven right there. YALL ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE "BEST" TEAM IN THE NATION. WE ARE PLAYING YALL AT AUSTIN. Dominant on offense 0 points on the board, very dominant there buddy.

KTJ
10-13-2004, 09:32 PM
WOW! Point proven right there. YALL ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE "BEST" TEAM IN THE NATION. WE ARE PLAYING YALL AT AUSTIN. Dominant on offense 0 points on the board, very dominant there buddy.

I promise Sinton, this will be my last response on this thread--as long as I don't have to repond to useless stuff, such as the post above. :D

Dude, you really don't get it do you? I mean, really...

KL3
10-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Then please, football genius, why did we lose? Let me know now so I can alert the powers that be.

Well, since you asked.....

The reasons I believe Oklahoma won?

1. Superior coaching
2. Superior talent
3. Superior Quarterback
4. Superior Defense
5. Players that have a mentality of winning not with a mentality of lets just not get blown out.

So, are you telling me that when your team is driving the ball and is in scoring position and fumbles the ball and you're down by less than a touchdown, that it won't effect whether you win or lose when the final defecit was 12 points?

JasperDog94, OU did not even score on their possession after Benson fumbled deep in his own territory. Texas got a gift from the referees when it was clear the ball had hit the ground on Derrick Johnson's interception.

Also, OU was on the texas 16 yard line when the game ended, stopping another scoring oppurtunity for the sooners.

JasperDog94
10-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Like KTJ said, I'm done with this thread. Trying to hold a conversation with some of you is like holding a conversation with a wall. Some of you will NEVER give Texas any credit. That's okay. You can believe what you wish. Meanwhile I'll just have to wait until Thanksgiving. Even when Texas wins most of you will still say, "well ya'll were supposed to win." But that's okay too.

Peace!:)