PDA

View Full Version : NEWTON IS OVER RATED

cc700
10-16-2003, 03:32 PM
IVE SEEN MANY OF THE TOP 3A TEAMS PLAY AND I THINK THEY ARE OVER RATED.HERES SOME TEAMS THAT I THANK WOULD BEAT THEM.GAINESVILLE,CELINA,DANGERFIELD,BURNET,GILMER, FORNEY,

duckbutter
10-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Which one of Newton's games were you at??

Pedestrian
10-16-2003, 03:47 PM
cc700, crawl back in your hole in Dallas and watch. You have no idea what is going on in southeast Texas.

St. Ivender
10-16-2003, 04:29 PM
This is why we play the game. to see who is superior.

Newton has scored no less than 40 points in all their games albeit against inferior competition and they haven't hit on all eight cylinders yet. I can't see another team outscoring them with the weapons they have. If they come up against a good passing team maybe they can score as many points as the Eagles but the defense is strong too.

j_dog
10-16-2003, 05:18 PM
Then again, maybe Newton is under-rated. They haven't been tested yet so no one knows how good they really are. Beating up on inferior teams does't prove strength, but it doesn't prove they are weak either. Maybe Jasper can give them a bit of a test tomorrow night. Then again, maybe not. As said here in a previous post, that is why they play the games. :D

And, if you have not seen them play, then you shouldn't be knocking them. :mad: It seems to me that we should all be able to promote our own teams without tearing down someone else's team. :)

pinecone
10-16-2003, 06:17 PM
24 hours from now we find out if Newton is over rated. What happens in case of a tie? And I am not talking about the overtime sessions until a winner is found? I am asking if Jasper ties Newton, does that mean Jasper has been under rated and Newton over rated, or is it the other way around. :confused:

Backwoods
10-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Hey guys. Look at the teams he picked. Not too bad a list. :rolleyes:

98Eagle
10-16-2003, 08:18 PM
I think some of the teams he picked could possibly beat Newton, but that doesn't mean Newton is overrated. JMHO

eagle_fan
10-16-2003, 09:06 PM
I remember way back in 98 when dangerfield was ranked really high all year and they got their hat handed to them in the state championship by a newton team that aint as good as this one is >>>>>my opinion tho <<<<<

98Eagle
10-16-2003, 09:25 PM
I don't think you can compare this years team with the '98 team. The Defense of the '98 team was the best Newton has ever had. Jeremy Lott, Josh Harrell, Tim Kenebrew, Myron Davis, Rod Gulley, must I go on. This years team is good but not great. JMHO

FAIRMAN
10-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Newton fans- all I can say is in Fairfield we are watching you guys very closely because in a few weeks 19 and 20 will go at it and the fur will fly. We too have a tough defense and good passing game. We have already had one key injury and hopefully won't have any more. They can speculate all day about all of us being over rated but I have an idea based on your record that you might be pretty darn good. I don't see any top 25 3a team being a walk in the park. I guarantee our coaches won't be taking any playoff game lightly regardless of who we might line up with. I do hope we get Newton first round because man what a game, what a crowd!

98Eagle
10-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Fairman:
I hope that you don't sustain anymore major injuries and would also look foward to a great game if we face you in the first round. Newton has a punishing defense and a stable of running backs that can hurt you big. Newton is still not hitting on all eight cylinders but I promise you Coach Barbay doesn't look past any games. Good luck in you district and we'll be lookin for you in the playoffs.

DawgFan91
10-16-2003, 09:50 PM
98Eagle, you said...
"Newton is still not hitting on all eight cylinders but I promise you Coach Barbay doesn't look past any games."

I had to laugh at this b/c I remember a playoff game in 1997 that Coach Barbay definitely looked past. I thought you might know which game I am talking about. Hint: You were up 7-0 at halftime...

St. Ivender
10-17-2003, 06:38 AM
DawgFan91:
98Eagle, you said...
"Newton is still not hitting on all eight cylinders but I promise you Coach Barbay doesn't look past any games."

I had to laugh at this b/c I remember a playoff game in 1997 that Coach Barbay definitely looked past. I thought you might know which game I am talking about. Hint: You were up 7-0 at halftime...Please expound.

Wildcat81
10-17-2003, 09:45 AM
tonight will decide if Newton is over rated when they play Jasper. May the fun begin, and the best team win of course that want decideed until about 9:30 or 10:00 tonight. wink wink wink wink

j_dog
10-17-2003, 10:54 PM
Wildcat81:
tonight will decide if Newton is over rated when they play Jasper. May the fun begin, and the best team win of course that want decideed until about 9:30 or 10:00 tonight. wink wink wink wink Final Jasper 34, Newton 27
Go Dogs!!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-17-2003, 11:19 PM
lol all these jasper fans are proud of that score haha. Lets see how these lumberjacks handle those bulldogs :)

DawgFan91
10-17-2003, 11:28 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
lol all these jasper fans are proud of that score haha. Lets see how these lumberjacks handle those bulldogs :) Let's see...Newton was supposed to be better, Jasper was supposed to be worse... The game was in Newton... First question, what are you reading that says Jasper fans are so proud? Second question, what makes you so confident? Last years game...??? Newton is very good, but so is Jasper. It has just taken the Dawgs a few weeks to start hitting on all cylinders...they did the same thing 2 years ago in 4A and then made a run. They will do it again...

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: DawgFan91 ]</small>