PDA

View Full Version : District 20-3A predictions?

Bull's-eye
10-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Rice defeating Navasota by 36 points has me wondering about everybody's early predictions. Navasota seemed to be the the early favorite, followed by Sealy, Rice, Bellville, Columbus and Hempstead. Rice has become an early front runner and Bellville has been improving every week. Sealy doesn't appear to be as strong as first predicted and Hempstead has improved enough to get out of the last place position. Columbus lacks speed and has lost a lot of players due to injuries. Bellville's offense has really improved, just don't know if their defense can stop Huffman or Smith. Another week of games should give us a better idea of how the district will end up. Here are my mid-season predictions.

1. Rice (Got the big win against Navasota, should handle everybody else)
2. Navasota ( they match up well against the other teams)
3. Bellville ( starting to gell, defeating Sealy next week will be huge for their play-offs hopes)
4. Sealy ( strong tradition and history, may play the role of the spoiler but don't count them out just yet)
5. Hempstead
6. Columbus

Bull's-eye
10-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Any other mid-season predictions?:thinking:

downlower
10-11-2004, 12:54 AM
I knew that Rice would have a good squad this year because of the running game that Huffman can provide. I also thought that Navasota would have a good team but i think they lack the ability to win big games; i said in another post that i think they play an easier pre season schedule. Like last year i think they were 6-0 going into the game against Bellville, Navasota ended up losing pretty bad that game. I don't know if they get too confident or what, but they seem to lose the first big game they play in district, but then find a way to rebound from it. Bellville is getting better every week and the seniors are starting to gain the confidence to be the leaders they need to be. I don't know how good Sealy is but we will find out where both Bellville and Sealy stand after this week. Hempstead looks like a team that can sneak up on you if you take them lightly. Columbus doesn't look too strong this year but I know they will not give up.

My predictions

Rice
Bellville
Navasota
Sealy
Hempstead
Columbus

Bellville22
10-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Yea 'Bulls-Eye', Rice's domination of Navasota did kinda throw a kink into most people's picks. My "3 tiers", if you well, have stayed the same, however I think I'll swap the teams in each.

My preseason predictions were....

1. Navasota
2. Rice Cons.

3. Sealy
4. Bellville

5. Columbus
6. Hempstead

After 6 weeks, I see it shaping up this way....

1. Rice: beat the stiffest competition they'll face in district 49-13, I think that's a statement that this is their district

2. Navasota: probably a bit shell-shocked by the attack of Huffman and the Raiders, but still a very good team. As long as they don't get upset by Bellville or Sealy, they'll represent D20 in DII, but a tough Manor team looms again

3. Bellville: Not necessarily saying that they're a better team than Sealy, but with Sealy having to come to The Pasture on fair week, I think Bellville gets a close win and establishes a pretty firm hold on the 3rd playoff spot. I still don't think the Brahmas can go into the Pit and matchup with that Navasota offense, and Huffman should put up even more yards than last year against a much smaller Bellville D. Sealy game is a must win.

4. Sealy: Again, the Tigers may be the 3rd best team in the district, but although short, that's a tough trip to Bellville. Could very well win that game, but I like Bellville by a few. Sealy's D is capable of matching up with Navasota, but it will be tough to beat the Rattlers in a game that is shaping up to be very important. Perhaps the best D in the district, but won't be enough to slow Rice.

5. Hempstead: Have spoiler written all over them. May not be disciplined or have chemistry, but they have athletes, and that's enough to sneak up on one of the top 4 and create chaos in the standings.

6. Columbus: No numbers, too many injuries, not enough athletes. A tough, sad year for a good coach. Will take over Hempstead's spot in the basement of D20.

That's what I think happens now. Huge game this Friday in Bellville. Could clinch a playoff spot for one and put the other in a very tough situation.

Go Bellville!!!

Hupernikomen
10-14-2004, 01:39 PM
tough district...looks like a good team stays home nearly every year with that bunch.

venomous tat2
10-14-2004, 03:04 PM
we can only go D 1 22 because of enrollment be it 1st 2nd or 3rd place. good luck to ya'll tomorrow.