PDA

View Full Version : Decatur vs Ft Worth Castleberry

Underwater Basketweaver
10-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Final score 45-0, Decatur. Let's just leave it at that.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-09-2004, 12:38 AM
i was one point off in my pick, which was decatur by 44...

CHS_DT#75
10-09-2004, 01:09 AM
thansk for ur support bullfrog alumni... i would call u something but hten i would get kicked off the site... i will just leave it at that

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-09-2004, 01:16 AM
its not support either way, decatur is a really great team this year. i made my pick based off of what i have seen decatur do in the past weeks to other, teams of high-calibur, and took into account that they wouldnt go too far away from 50 pnts, but if wanna call me a name send it in a private message and we can discuss it there. but its what ever.

CHS_DT#75
10-09-2004, 01:24 AM
how bad will decatur beat lake worth?

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-09-2004, 01:28 AM
my guess would be by alot. i cant say right now because that is the last week of the regualr season, and its just now the first week of district. do i want decatur to beat lake worth? no, does that mean that will be the outcome? certainly not. i honestly expect decatur to plow their way into the state championship unscathed.

CHS_DT#75
10-09-2004, 01:32 AM
they are completely beatable.... they are no everman... lol.. someone should do it... abilene is in top 25 right??? our score were almost the same

Keith7
10-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by CHS_DT#75
they are completely beatable.... they are no everman... lol.. someone should do it... abilene is in top 25 right??? our score were almost the same

they might be the Everman of this year.. not in their style of play, but their dominance of other 3A teams.. no team has even been close to them this season, and will be a strong favorite to win state come playoff time

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-09-2004, 01:43 AM
maybe we are having a different mind set or something, i honestly think that if decatur wants to run the score up on everyone in the district, they can do it. the reason they didnt is because anything above 35 is considered a blowout and above 50 is disrespectful to the other team and players. your right they arent everman, but i do think that if the season were to be restarted right now, it would probably be the exact same as it is right now. maybe the scores would change but decatur would still be on top and the great teams who lost to them would have still lost. as for comparing them to everman and your team to abilene wylie, thats quite a different comparison. everman and decatur are power houses. abilene wylie usually is, and im sorry to say this and i mean no disrespect, but castleberry hasnt really done much to impress me in along time. but this is all just my opinion.

CHS_DT#75
10-09-2004, 11:54 AM
good thing your opinion counts for nothing....

Leopards,class of 75
10-09-2004, 12:51 PM
If this Decatur team stays healthy, I like their chances to get to the big game. They seem to be getting better by the week. Good luck to the Eagles

BJG40
10-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Decatur is a very well coached, disciplined team and they play well together. I give them that but they are not unbeatable. We held Dane to 10-20 for 165 yds his lowest this year. Godbolt rushed for 141 yds. Theyve got weapons but ones that can be stopped. You just cant make any stupid mistakes in which we made a few last night. Dont get me wrong theyre a great team but I wish we could get another shot at em. Hopefully in playoffs. Good luck with the rest of your season Decatur and to my bros from CHS we're makin great strides. I have all the confidence in the world in us !

Chief Woodman
10-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by BJG40
Decatur is a very well coached, disciplined team and they play well together. I give them that but they are not unbeatable. We held Dane to 10-20 for 165 yds his lowest this year. Godbolt rushed for 141 yds. Theyve got weapons but ones that can be stopped. You just cant make any stupid mistakes in which we made a few last night. Dont get me wrong theyre a great team but I wish we could get another shot at em. Hopefully in playoffs. Good luck with the rest of your season Decatur and to my bros from CHS we're makin great strides. I have all the confidence in the world in us !

1. It is impossible for you see them again. If Dectaur makes the playoffs they will be D-1 and if you make the playoffs you will be D-2.

2. I totally agree that they are beatable. However Castleberry is not capable of doing it. While you did hold Dane part of it was because of dropped passes not anything you did.

3. Stupid mistakes are part of the game. Sometimes the difference between a good team and a really good team is making or not making stupid mistakes.

4. I hope Castleberry does make the playoffs for you team mate who played for Carter riverside last year. He is a very nice young man.

BJG40
10-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Ha I feel dumb bout the D1 D2 thing, just forgot. Yes youre points are very true but i do think we had somethin to do w/ holding Dane. Maybe he didnt have his usual night or whatever but our D did step it up, not as much as we need to but its a step in the right direction. We've got the potential to be capable but potential and woulda, coulda, shoulda doesnt win you games right ? Just dont count us out :) haha thanks for your comment on my bro there. he is a very cool guy
later

Over-rated2004
10-09-2004, 02:23 PM
OK listen hear! Decatur is a good team...but Lake Worth is faster and stronger than them and thats why I keep saying that is why we will upset them this year.

Chief Woodman
10-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Over-rated2004
OK listen hear! Decatur is a good team...but Lake Worth is faster and stronger than them and thats why I keep saying that we will upset them this year.

Gainesville, Wylie and Graham were supossed to all be faster than Decatur but they were not. If you think Lake Worth is faster than Decatur you might be in for a surprise.

Keith7
10-09-2004, 02:38 PM
OK listen hear! Decatur is a good team...but Lake Worth is faster and stronger than them and thats why I keep saying that is why we will upset them this year.
hahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaaha
hahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahahah
ahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahh
aahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaah
ahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahaha
hahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahah
haahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaa
hahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahah
ahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahahaha
hhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahha
ahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaaha
hahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahah
ahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaaha
hahahhaahahahahhaahahah
ahhaahahahahh
aahahahahhaahahahahha
ahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahhaa

:D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

You are really really really funny

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2004, 02:43 PM
:eek: :eek: I wonder why Decatur didn't make the "over-rated" poll? :thinking: :D

Chief Woodman
10-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:eek: :eek: I wonder why Decatur didn't make the "over-rated" poll? :thinking: :D

Because him team may actualy have to play them methinks.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Because him team may actualy have to play them methinks.

I think you may be onto something there, Chief. ROFL!

Roll'em up
10-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by BJG40

Your offense only produced 124 yards of offense and your defense gave up 45 points. If you are happy with this performance it only shows how bad you really are. Sounds like Decatur whipped your hinds. They won't put up big #'s if they don't have far to go to score.

CRHSeagle
10-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
Your offense only produced 124 yards of offense and your defense gave up 45 points. If you are happy with this performance it only shows how bad you really are. Sounds like Decatur whipped your hinds. They won't put up big #'s if they don't have far to go to score.

They score at the half should have been different. We had two drives that should have been punched in for scores. It is just a confidence booster to know that everyone thought it was going to be a blowout at half time, but it wasn't. One persons opinion doesn't show how good a team is.

BJG40
10-09-2004, 10:25 PM
I didnt by any means say i was pleased with the way the game went. I believe i stated in an earlier post that we needed to step up more but we did show a spark of what we are capable of.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-10-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by CHS_DT#75
good thing your opinion counts for nothing.... well im glad to have made a friend here on the 'low...if you dont like the opinions that i post, dont read them. im not holding your eyes open and strapping you down and making you read what i post, that is your own choice.

Underwater Basketweaver
10-10-2004, 11:32 AM
I question whether I should even comment on this or not, but as you can well see I am going to. First off, Castleberry, you are a good young team that needs some help at the line positions. Your QB and running back are very capable skills players.

Now saying that. This is the flattest game I have ever seen this Decatur team play. They had just come off of playing three top ten teams in the state and 2 4A teams before that. After seeing the Lions record and film, I don't think the kids were too impressed. There was no energy before the game or in the entire first half. If Decatur had played even 75% as well as they did against Abilene Wylie, the game would have been in the 60's. I am not making excuses for Decatur. We won the game convincingly, but before you go thinking that you want another shot at us, think about what could have been. No Dane didn't have his best night, but I think everyone finally got a look at how good Godboldt can be. We have a running game when we need it as well.

CRHSeagle
10-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
I question whether I should even comment on this or not, but as you can well see I am going to. First off, Castleberry, you are a good young team that needs some help at the line positions. Your QB and running back are very capable skills players.

Now saying that. This is the flattest game I have ever seen this Decatur team play. They had just come off of playing three top ten teams in the state and 2 4A teams before that. After seeing the Lions record and film, I don't think the kids were too impressed. There was no energy before the game or in the entire first half. If Decatur had played even 75% as well as they did against Abilene Wylie, the game would have been in the 60's. I am not making excuses for Decatur. We won the game convincingly, but before you go thinking that you want another shot at us, think about what could have been. No Dane didn't have his best night, but I think everyone finally got a look at how good Godboldt can be. We have a running game when we need it as well.

I know what Dane and Co. are capeable of because we scrimmaged them last year. I was really impressed with Godbolt. So what if we want another shot at you guys, playing the best only makes u better even if the score is lopsided. I dont ever go into a game being scared of what the score can be. As for our O-line, we probably had our worst game. We had trouble picking up blitzes due to the part that our starting line didnt play the whole game and we made alot of changes. Our whole line was banged up as was myself with injuries. We'll be ready to go next week and I can't wait till we play those bullfrogs. Going to support your volleyball team is cool and all but when u start running ur mouth and vandalyzing our school we take that personal as a team.

Bullaholic
10-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Better make that "Bulls", not Bullfrogs, there CRHSeagle....we're coming to see you Friday and looking forward to a good game.

CRHSeagle
10-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Better make that "Bulls", not Bullfrogs, there CRHSeagle....we're coming to see you Friday and looking forward to a good game. Im ready for the Bulls too, but we keep running into those bullfrogs after football games, at the mall, at volleyball games and I just can't wait to play them.

Underwater Basketweaver
10-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Why do you still post under CRHSeagle if you now play for Castleberry? Where exactly is your loyalty? Why don't you change your username?

BullFrog Dad
10-11-2004, 09:15 AM
OK listen hear! Decatur is a good team...but Lake Worth is faster and stronger than them and thats why I keep saying that is why we will upset them this year. Over-rated2004, Are you from Lake Worth? If so, Decatur should be the least of your worries as well as Castleberry and Bridgeport. Right now your focus should be on Little Elm because that's going be a TOUGH game. CRHSeagle, With our towns less than two miles apart 'Frogs and Lions are going to bump into each other. As for trash talking I'll admit some of our kids do have a mouth with my son being at or near the top of the list. With that I'm sure when this happens all the Lions grab their prayerbooks and ask the good Lord to forgive the 'Frogs of their sins. Last but not least, The paint and body 101 job LW did on the Lion was a poor decision by a group of teenagers especially in this day and age. But remember to include Castleberry's red/blue Maaco special on our fieldhouse in your post when bringing up such matters. Good Luck to everyone this Friday!

LeonJr
10-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Finally Leon has come back to Wise County! Over-rated, I kind of liked you until you popped off about beating Decatur. Know your role and shut your mouth!
Not sure what to think about the Basket weaver guy yet? I wonder how he knows all this stuff only about Decatur? What makes you so qualified? So lets cut the crap and quit making outrageous predictions and hideous stats!

Underwater Basketweaver
10-11-2004, 05:44 PM
It's not hard to read the newpaper. It is also not difficult to tell when your home town team comes out a little flat for a ball game. Let's think about this. Castleberry was 1-4 coming into the game and besides the Venus game, had been getting it handed to them by pretty much everyone they had played. Decatur came into the game 5-0, and had been handing it to top ten teams in the state. So is it outrageous to think that on a good night Decatur could have beaten Castleberry by 15 more points than they did. I don't think that is outrageous at all.

CRHSeagle
10-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
Why do you still post under CRHSeagle if you now play for Castleberry? Where exactly is your loyalty? Why don't you change your username? I really don't know why I haven't changed my name. I guess its time for an overdo change. Whenever I get a chance to do it I will.

CRHSeagle
10-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Over-rated2004, Are you from Lake Worth? If so, Decatur should be the least of your worries as well as Castleberry and Bridgeport. Right now your focus should be on Little Elm because that's going be a TOUGH game. CRHSeagle, With our towns less than two miles apart 'Frogs and Lions are going to bump into each other. As for trash talking I'll admit some of our kids do have a mouth with my son being at or near the top of the list. With that I'm sure when this happens all the Lions grab their prayerbooks and ask the good Lord to forgive the 'Frogs of their sins. Last but not least, The paint and body 101 job LW did on the Lion was a poor decision by a group of teenagers especially in this day and age. But remember to include Castleberry's red/blue Maaco special on our fieldhouse in your post when bringing up such matters. Good Luck to everyone this Friday! I guarantee that whoever vandalized your school was not a football player, students maybe, but not football players. As for the trash talking we try to keep it to a minimum. Our coach who have us running wind sprints from now till week 10 if he heard we were running our mouth.

Decatur2004
10-12-2004, 11:23 AM
DECATUR- :p