PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee

SHS
10-08-2004, 11:30 PM
It was a wet game and sloppy but Silsbee beats shepherd 18-2. Silsbee is 5-0 (1-0). Good Job!!!

j_dog
10-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Silsbee, congratulations on your first district victory back in 3a! :)

shspiratefan
10-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Great game by both defenses! Shepherd's defense was outstanding but 2 big plays hurt us (#2 is the real deal!)
Silsbee defense is very fast and aggressive...especially inside the red zone.

SHS
10-09-2004, 06:38 PM
We gave shepherd good field position because of penalties we made , they had chances to score but our defense shut them out. They might have a chance to beat kirbyville.

whatusay2
10-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by SHS
It was a wet game and sloppy but Silsbee beats shepherd 18-2. Silsbee is 5-0 (1-0). Good Job!!!

We were wondering where the Silsbee posters were. Welcome!

Old No. 7
10-11-2004, 05:56 AM
Welcome to the board SHS. I'm glad to see some Silsbee rep.s on here. Congrat.s on the win.

j_dog
10-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by whatusay2
We were wondering where the Silsbee posters were. Welcome!
The Silsbee posters will start showing up now. :)

Gobbla2001
10-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Hey, do any of you Silsbee guys drive for that Wooden Palletts company?

x-pro
10-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by SHS
We gave shepherd good field position because of penalties we made , they had chances to score but our defense shut them out. They might have a chance to beat kirbyville.

I've seen Shepherd, Silsbee, and Kirbyville play. Shepherd has no shot of beating Kirbyville. That's not even worth discussing. On the other hand Silsbee has a chance, but it's not likely. I think there will be a lot of defense in this game with Kirbyville edgeing Silsbee out.

SHS
10-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by x-pro
I've seen Shepherd, Silsbee, and Kirbyville play. Shepherd has no shot of beating Kirbyville. That's not even worth discussing. On the other hand Silsbee has a chance, but it's not likely. I think there will be a lot of defense in this game with Kirbyville edgeing Silsbee out.

Let me think x.............your wrong.

Hupernikomen
10-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by x-pro

Shepherd is not a bad team and if Kirbyville goes into this game thinking their opponents are pansies they will be surprised in a hurry. Silsbee will go into the Kirbyville game as the favorite after Jasper whoops the Cats tomorrow night.

x-pro
10-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by SHS
Let me think x.............your wrong.

Very educated and insightful reply.

Pigskin 2004
10-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Silsbee will beat Kirbyville. They will end up 9-1 losing a close game to Jasper. Just a prediction. I have not seen Silsbee but have talked to some people that have and supposedly they have some pretty good speed!!

x-pro
10-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Shepherd is not a bad team and if Kirbyville goes into this game thinking their opponents are pansies they will be surprised in a hurry. Silsbee will go into the Kirbyville game as the favorite after Jasper whoops the Cats tomorrow night.

Kirbyville will not beat Jasper tonight. They are not supposed to beat Jasper. Silsbee will not beat Jasper either. Jasper has too much for these two teams. Silsbee will be the favorite when they play Kirbyville. This will be based on records. My opinion though is that Kirbyville will beat Silsbee in a close one.

Panther Ross
10-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Silsbee has a great program this season. How is Tracy Howard doing so far. I went against him, great athlete.

Old No. 7
10-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Silsbee has a great program this season. How is Tracy Howard doing so far. I went against him, great athlete.

Howard is doing very good. (All state prospect) K-ville is going to have to run away from his side of the field.

Goldenstick
10-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Silsbee will win 2nd in this district. They will jerk-a-bone out of
Kirbyville.

Think about it! Kirbyville gets pummeled by Bridge City and Silbee destoys Bridge City

x-pro
10-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Silsbee will win 2nd in this district. They will jerk-a-bone out of
Kirbyville.

Think about it! Kirbyville gets pummeled by Bridge City and Silbee destoys Bridge City

That's not exactly how it works. Teams will match up differently when they play other teams. But, if you want to look at it that way, I did some research. Kirbyville was missing three key starters, all seniors, to dicipline and injuries during the Bridge City week, while BC was full strength. BC was missing several key players to dicipline (MIP's), while Silsbee was full strength. There you have it.

texasjeremy
10-15-2004, 01:02 PM
I sure hope Silsbee makes the playoffs. My Palestine Wildcats will already have to play West Orange-Stark in the 2nd round, it would suck to have to fact Jasper in the 1st round.