PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside 33... Aransas Pass 7

big daddy russ
10-08-2004, 10:54 PM
The 'Stangs are GOOD. I don't know if they just took a while adjusting to a new defensive scheme or what, but I have no idea how any team scored 20 points on Ingleside. They were all over the place... quick to the ball. On the flip side, the Panthers came out flat and Ingleside took advantage within the first three minutes of the game. They were playing from behind from there on out.

I'll be the first to say it... I think Ingleside finally breaks Sinton's stronghold on the district this year.

big daddy russ
10-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Oh, and good luck to AP the rest of the year. I feel sorry for whoever they play next week.

District303aPastPlayer
10-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I feel sorry for whoever they play next week.

That would be us :D and i still think sinton makes it 6 years without a district loss....

SintonFan
10-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Congratulations Ingleside! I thought it would be a close game but the Stangs must have kicked it up a notch.:eek: Sinton plays Ingleside in two weeks? That's going to be a good game.:)
Sinton plays in AP next week.

PhiI C
10-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Next week Sinton plays Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass. Then on October October 22 Sinton plays Mathis in Sinton. Then on
October 29 we play Ingleside in Ingleside. The next week is bye week for Sinton.

SintonFan
10-08-2004, 11:21 PM
:doh:
Thanks for the correction Godfather...

Hawk Fan Izzy
10-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Zapata beat Ingleside 51-22, I believe.
Maybe it was the new defensive scheme.

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 03:54 AM
no new D scheme....the Stangs just came out fired up. the whole 4th quarter the Mustangs' second string was in....still 33 to 7...they completely dominated this game. if anyone is gonna give Sinton a run for their money, it will be the Mustangs if they play w/ the heart they played w/ tonight. the D was swarming and the O was scoring at will on a AP defense that was supposed to be pretty stout. i'm not for certain, but i believe Ingleside sacked AP's QB about 6 times. the Mustangs also had a TD called back :(

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy
Zapata beat Ingleside 51-22, I believe.
Maybe it was the new defensive scheme. Zapata is no joke...i believe they will go several rounds deep into the playoffs.

sinton66
10-09-2004, 04:03 AM
Congrats Mustangs !! I knew you could do it.

big daddy russ
10-09-2004, 10:03 AM
I was talking to one of the guys last night and he was saying that Zapata is unreal. He said they're the best team he's played in the two years he's been on the field.

Good luck to the Hawks in the playoffs. Looks like they creamed Fal. Weren't the Jerseys supposed to be the second-best team in that district?

Blastoderm55
10-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
That would be us :D and i still think sinton makes it 6 years without a district loss....

Mathis beat Sinton back in 2000 for the district title, so this would be their fourth undefeated district campaign.

District303aPastPlayer
10-09-2004, 11:01 AM
well, my bad, i should have remembered that, we lost to mathis in mathis my Senior year (fall 2000)

SintonFan
10-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Mathis beat Sinton back in 2000 for the district title, so this would be their fourth undefeated district campaign.
You play Magic the Gathering or what?

AP Panther Fan
10-10-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Oh, and good luck to AP the rest of the year. I feel sorry for whoever they play next week.

Well thanks for the good wishes, you know what they say, some days are sugar and some are s***. We will see, we had many problems last night, plain and simple...OUT-COACHED! There was the old "plan a" that our coach has stuck with all pre-season and when that didn't work, there was no plan b....heck of a time to figure that out, right.....for you Sinton fans, shutting down the QB isn't the only problem, they have proven to have a strong defense and an offensive threat by the name of Stacy, that will throw the long passes....he is impressive and better than the QB that we gave them....David Miller also played a good game as well as Zach Adams.... They are tough, well balanced and have a heck of a coaching staff....Definitely a force to be reckoned with. Best wishes to both 30-3a teams.

IHStangFan
10-10-2004, 05:56 PM
I was just reading in the paper that IHS held AP to 3 rushing yds :eek:

rgn4fb
10-11-2004, 08:51 AM
33-7. Who would have thought that this game would have been a blowout. I might have to try and make that Sinton Ingleside game at the end of the month. Nobody should count out Mathis, but that game with Sinton could be for the district crown.

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Next week Sinton plays Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass. Then on October October 22 Sinton plays Mathis in Sinton. Then on
October 29 we play Ingleside in Ingleside. The next week is bye week for Sinton.

Thanks Phil. Looks like AP has the 29th open so I will probably try to make it over to the Ingleside/Sinton game.:thumbsup:

big daddy russ
10-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I was just reading in the paper that IHS held AP to 3 rushing yds :eek:
Yeah, their blocking (wide receivers included) couldn't really open any holes the other night. The backs did the best they could with what they had, and that was 3 yards. If AP hadn't come out flat, we'd have seen a different game.

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2004, 10:09 AM
I am still ticked off.....we have several players that routinely tack on the rushing yards. For us to end up with 3.....go figure. Seems like our coach couldn't find a way to effectively use his "lethal weapons" against a good defense.

Sinton94
10-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Congrats Ingleside! I for one thought it would be a better game. Sounds like AP was a no show!

Blastoderm55
10-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
You play Magic the Gathering or what?

A long time ago, in a land far far away, I was indeed a Magic player. Thanks to the great thing called "women," I'm proud to be officially retired. :cool:

SintonFan
10-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
A long time ago, in a land far far away, I was indeed a Magic player. Thanks to the great thing called "women," I'm proud to be officially retired. :cool:
Yep, same here. ;) Something about marriage that's not conducive toward that game.
I remember the blastoderm, though. lol
:D
(it was a 5/5 creature, right?)

Blastoderm55
10-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yep, same here. ;) Something about marriage that's not conducive toward that game.
I remember the blastoderm, though. lol
:D
(it was a 5/5 creature, right?)

Sure is. As for the marriage, I'm not legally bound yet, but I may as well be. :p