PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming Traditions

fb_gurl
09-30-2003, 10:42 PM
What are your schools homecoming traditions?

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Used to be bonfire back in the day when my mother was in school, but now we just, well, play ball...

bellvillefan6699
09-30-2003, 10:56 PM
we give a crown to the most random person.

fb_gurl
09-30-2003, 10:59 PM
We play 1/2 the game, introduce dukes and duchesses and then the queen canidates. Then everyone goes back to the game!!! The mums are always fun to ooh and aah over!!!

Wildcat81
10-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Bon fire Car bash 1/2 game crowning homecomeing Queen etc.

District303aPastPlayer
10-01-2003, 10:53 PM
wait for about half a day of rain, and pirate boulevard to cave in..

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Accually, I cannot lie anymore... We used to burn the mascot of the other town, except not their 'pretend' mascot...

Say they're the Bulldogs, we'd go get a real bulldog and burn it...

But we're playing the Tigers this year and they won't let us burn one, say they're endangered or something... What in the heck does that mean?

It was really fun when we'd play the Cowboys... Sucker would be kicking, spittin' and cussin' all the way to the fire...

CHS_Grad '85
10-02-2003, 09:36 AM
lol

District303aPastPlayer
10-02-2003, 09:39 AM
nm

<small>[ October 02, 2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

super1
10-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Gobbla2001:
Accually, I cannot lie anymore... We used to burn the mascot of the other town, except not their 'pretend' mascot...

But we're playing the Tigers this year and they won't let us burn one, say they're endangered or something... What in the heck does that mean?

It was really fun when we'd play the Cowboys... Sucker would be kicking, spittin' and cussin' all the way to the fire...You think he's joking? eek!

booger1
10-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Gobbla2001:

It was really fun when we'd play the Cowboys... Sucker would be kicking, spittin' and cussin' all the way to the fire...NO, THAT's the funniest thing i have read! :D

booger1
10-02-2003, 10:29 AM
We celebrate homecoming all week! We have games during certain time of the day all during the week (patatoe sack races, etc..) drawings for prizes and face painting booths. Then on Wednesday night the seniors camp out at the stadium and guard the pile of wood for the bon-fire so the other team will not mess with it (tradition). Then on thursday night after the game, there is a big parade through town to the stadium that the whole community attends. Then comes the bon fire and everybody is dancing and yelling and we have our pep rally then! On Friday morning we have a car parade to school and then have big pep rally in the gym in the afternoon. At the game it is the usuall homecoming but we have some pretty cool cars driving the homecoming court around the track (vipers, vettes, etc...)! It is rather kind of boring though!