PDA

View Full Version : Rice Raiders 49 - Navasota 13

elhs
10-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Whay to go Raiders, great job.

CheerMom
10-08-2004, 10:48 PM
What an awesome game, guys!!! You were great on both sides of the ball!!
Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Goldenstick
10-08-2004, 10:49 PM
I guess that Rattlers will fall out of the top 10

bd62
10-08-2004, 10:50 PM
congrs. raiders.

JettJenkins04
10-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Great game, good luck next week in Cardinal City.

justagirl2
10-08-2004, 10:51 PM
What the heck happened to Navasota? It sounds like they got killed on the field.

Any details?

Is Rice really that good? Is Navasota not as good as some thought they were? Or some other reason? Any insight from someone who was at the game would be appreciated!

Pudlugger
10-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Wow! Great win for the raiders. Good luck next week.:)

Buckeye80
10-08-2004, 10:53 PM
How is Rice Consolidated this year? I haven't heard much about them this year. Last year they had posters everywhere on here. Did they take a big hit from graduation or something? And what is they're record now? Just curious. :confused:

Texas Aggie
10-08-2004, 10:55 PM
How about them Raiders?!

I predicted Rice-49 Navasota-24! WOW!! Navasota was never in this game. Way to go Raiders. We are behind ya'll all of the way. Navasota, that RB looked great, he will have great success this season and in the playoffs. Good luck Navasota.

GO RICE RAIDERS!!!

CheerMom
10-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Buckeye, the Raiders are starting over with a fresh team. Graduation hit us hard. We started out with two returning offensive players and 4-5 returning defensive players. The new kids on the block have been doing an outstanding job!! The Raiders are 5-1.

JettJenkins04
10-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Way to go Raiders

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Ok, ok. Woah Navasota...I'd like all those people who were "estimating" on that game to come in here and tell me what happened with them! To some of your questions; yes Rice is better than you thought and Navasota didn't quite play as good as they could have, but Rice came out with a win and a crapload of smiles.

JettJenkins04
10-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Not only did they win, but they won big. I can't call it but it will be a long ride home for them Navasota fans and players. May ya'll all have a safe trip home and don't do nothing crazy or something that you might regret. Big win Raiders, that's exactly what ya'll needed.

Go Raiders:D

CheerMom
10-08-2004, 11:29 PM

Texas Aggie
10-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Rice dominated this game the whole time. I am very proud of the players.

Raider4ever
10-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Good game Raiders! Also the Navasota running back from what i herd was a pertty nice guy #30 i think. Good game guys lets get ready for next week!

SintonFan
10-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Wow! A huge win! Congrats Rice!:clap:

Bull's-eye
10-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Wow! Congratulations Raiders. Rice had 398 yds rushing, led by Huffman's 204 yds. Looks like the young kid have stepped up and are starting to gell. Navasota only managed 206 total yards on offense.

ROY
10-09-2004, 02:08 AM
Hey Tx Aggie...their mascot kinda reminds me of your girlfriend. I read most of the post the last couple of weeks and none of them seem to be too bad of trash talking. I think you can pipe down the making fun of Navasota, punk!!!

scotty
10-09-2004, 06:15 AM
For the past two week all you heard from Rattler posters was strength of team and schedule as well.
However, if you look at past Rattler records they have always choked on the big important game. Two years ago it was Columbus; last year it was Bellville…but Bellville had a fine team last year. However, the Rattler posters went into that game with the same brashness they did this year against Rice. And what happened 49-13…wow! And to top it off for the past three years in the playoffs they let their district down in the first round.
Gridiron respect is earned on Friday nights, not on some message board.

coiled2strike
10-09-2004, 08:13 AM
i don't recall any trash talking by the navasota posters, so you can pipe that down now...
as far what happened last night...the raiders are a very good team and they played near flawless ball...they came out aggressive and physical just like we expected...lined up and whipped our tails...
not trying to take anything away from the raiders, but the rattlers didn't play their best...we knew this would be a tough game coming in and we didn't do the things we needed to do to have a chance to win and the raiders did everything they needed to and the results speak for themselves...
the rattlers have to bounce back and use this loss to take them through district and the rest of the way...this is a great group of kids and have worked incredibly hard to get to where they are today...they have a lot of class and character and this will be a great test for both...i believe they will have the best saturday workout of their lives today and get back in the ring to fight next week...great job rice and good luck in district...

Raider Nurse
10-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Way to go Raiders!!!!!! I was out of state and drove 10 hours to get home and see the game. It was well worth it and what a game!!!!! It felt like the superbowl!!!! We love you guys and congrats on your big win!!!!:clap:

CheerMom
10-09-2004, 09:57 AM
The Raiders came out last night and did the job they needed to do to beat one of the best teams in the state.
I stated before the game that it would be the Raider's defense that would have to win this game for them and I was right. They did an excellant job in containing an excellant running back in Smith. Huffman and the offense did an excellant job as well. My hats off to our young offensive line. You guys did an excellant job.

Texas Aggie, don't start trash talking. We don't need posters like you on this board. Navasota is a fine team with first class fans.

Navasota, keep your heads up high and the best of luck on the rest of your season!!

center58
10-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Rice had a great defense. They stopped us in the beginning because they kept getting in the backfield. Now I know what people mean about their speed. Hempstead is going to be playing an angry Navasota team. Good luck next week Rattlers!!!!!:) :) :)

CheerMom
10-09-2004, 12:37 PM
My nephew happened to end up eating at the same place Navasota did last night and met some of the players.
He said that they were very nice and complimented Rice on what a great job they did.
I think that goes to show everyone what a classy group of players Navasota has.

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Texas Aggie
10-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Navasota had a lot of size. That will allow them to go very far into the season this year. I have a question: How big is that RB for Navasota? He reminded me of a RB that Rice had 3 years ago, they just bounce off of people. He looked really great out there.

Rattlermom
10-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks Cheer Mom! You are always so nice to everyone on here! I will be sure to pass on what you said about our team to my Rattler when he get's home their workout! I am glad our guys represented themselves well after such a difficult loss, but I am not surprised. They really are great boys.

The Raiders are a very good team. And Huffman... well I can see why everyone has spoken so highly of him. I know the community is proud of them all.

Good luck to the Raiders for the rest of the season, and be injury free!!

CheerMom
10-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks, Rattlermom. Same to your son, the rest of the team and your community!! Go get the rest of the district!!!

Bellville22
10-09-2004, 04:18 PM
WOW! I knew Rice could matchup with Navasota, but that was a shock. I take it that Rice's DEs controlled this game, keeping Navasotas offense in check. And Huffman is a special athlete. Clearly the best RB in District 20, and had another great night last night.

Congrats to Rice. They're in the driver's seat in D20 after upsetting the favorite in dominating fashion.

What's the deal with Navasota in big games? This one, the playoff game last year, the Bellville game last year at the Pit, and Sealy last year. They have talent, I wanna see that team step up and make a statement.

CheerMom
10-09-2004, 06:13 PM

raiderdad
10-09-2004, 08:51 PM
The Raiders shocked the state when they totally dominated navasota. Those rattlers didn't realize how hard it is to play in the swamp. They sure know now. Charles huffman continues to put on a show and is by far the best running back in 3a and possibly the best in the state. If the Raiders can get their passing game going, they can make a run in the playoffs. Good going Raiders!!! Beat the C**P out of the Cardinals!!!!

CheerMom
10-10-2004, 04:57 PM

scotty
10-10-2004, 05:00 PM
One of the things that Rice did was move their fine defensive end to nosebacker and Navasota wasn’t able to handle him. He is a great player and believed to be committed to the U of Houston. He caused all sorts of problems in the Rattler backfield.
Rice has a very good team, but their lack of depth could become a problem. If they stay injury free and cooler weather sets in, going both ways may not create a problem. Right now they look like the only team that has a chance to go deep into the playoffs from D-20 3A.
Navasota just hasn’t proven that they can carry the district banner very far…but maybe this year they will.

Bellville22
10-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by scotty
One of the things that Rice did was move their fine defensive end to nosebacker and Navasota wasn’t able to handle him. He is a great player and believed to be committed to the U of Houston.

Which one? Don't they have 2 studs. Shaw and King i think. I figured they could cause problems for this style of offense.

CheerMom
10-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Bellville22, In this case, he's talking about King. The whole team played the best I have ever seen them play. They were well prepared for this battle. The coaches did an excellant job of making sure they would come out on top.

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Looking at the stats, why didn't Navasota pass more? Trailing by 28 points, you would think a team would be passing on every down. I know Navasota is a great ball control running team, but can they come from behind throwing the ball?
I did predict Navasota to win this game, but stated that Rice could win if they forced Navasota to play catch-up.

scotty
10-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Navasota only had the ball 41 times and threw 12 times. Three were intercepted. Rice has the type of defense that when they get ahead it's real hard to throw on because they put extreme pressure on the quarterback and they have great secondary people. Rice had the ball 54 times and controlled the clock.
King was the one they moved inside. Been told he has the talent and grades to go on to a D-1 program while some of the others may need to go junior college first.

KL3
10-11-2004, 11:17 AM
I noticed in the Chronicle boxscore that Rice threw 2 TD's to their TE Shaw early in the game. Is that something they've been doing or did they bring it out for this game?

Also, Navasota has not stepped up in big games, but they could have played out of their minds last year vs. Bellville and still would have lost by 3 TD's. They were that dominant last year.

briefcase
10-11-2004, 11:55 AM
I predicted Rice to win this game. Navasota and Rice running backs have to be stopped before they get moving forward. That's how Yoakum beat Rice. They held Huffman to 54 yds rushing. That's what Rice did Friday night.

KL3
10-11-2004, 04:30 PM
I just wanted to mention that I too, picked Rice to beat Navasota.