PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater 7 - Abilene Wylie 13

Ranger Mom
10-08-2004, 10:22 PM
NM

wildstangs
10-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Awesome game. Great effort by both defenses. Both came up with some key stops in the second half, which went scoreless. Sweetwater had their chance at the end, but was picked off in the endzone with no time left on the clock. Tough road ahead for the Mustangs though as they host Snyder, who had a HUGE win over Clyde.

TheDOCTORdre
10-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Was kinda mad that I couldn't be at the game in person but I got to listen to it over the web literally kept me on the edge of my seat there at the end. Good job to both teams on a well fought game and good luck to the stangs as the season rolls on

wildstangs
10-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Yeah it was a great one Dre. Hopefully UT will kick the Sooners tail tomorrow so the weekend wont be a total waste.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Wildstangs...was there a good turnout for the "shirt signing"??

wildstangs
10-08-2004, 10:38 PM
There was 7 of us that signed I think. The sharpe I bought didnt work to well on the tshirt though. But we all attempted to sign. Still havent put the score on it yet. :(

pero chato
10-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Wow, what a game! Both teams had their chances to put it away, but Wylie came out on top literally at the last second. Great show of respect for both teams as they stood behind each other during the playing of their school songs after the game was over.
Lots of offense, just blown opportunities to score on the part of both teams. Good to meet all the Sweetwater guys and put a face to the names. Good luck in the rest of district! Now get that score on that shirt, Wildstangs!

wildstangs
10-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Its the craziest thing...I lost the marker somewhere at the stadium! ;)

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Great game on both sides glad i was able to be there. and it was cool to meat some of the other posters on here. best of luck to both teams in the rest of district.

mustang04
10-09-2004, 02:07 AM
ok...now from my point of view hehe

Wylie has a great team, always does every year, but i really think the mustangs coulda came out on top if it wasnt for some really REALLY bad ref calls, but there are those in every game and wylie took care of everything when they needed too, both teams look great, i hate how sweetwater always has close games, no matter what we always have a suspenseful last minute at the end of like 90% of our games haha, but it was worth it, congratulations Wylie Bulldogs

to the Mustang athletes, keep yalls heads up, theres next week to worry about now!

DOGFAN
10-09-2004, 11:35 AM
This has turned out to be a great rivalry with clean, hard fought games. Sweetwater has a great team and great fans. I'll root for Sweetwater until they meet Wylie again next year.

BJG40
10-09-2004, 01:06 PM
I didnt see the game but from what I read, thats what football is all about. Giving it all youve got and and still dispaying your strength of character. Congrats guys

Redman
10-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Really enjoyed the game last night, and getting to meet some of the guys on downlow. Can put a face with some names now. Hats off to both teams. Was a hard fought game from both sides and there always has to be a winner. Congrats to the Bulldogs. Lots of respect to both. Man do I dred to watch the big 3 play the Badgers. Not wanting to down Merkel but all three teams are going to be hard to stop.

Phantom Stang
10-09-2004, 06:24 PM
From what I've read the Mustangs played well but came up short.

Congrats to Wylie and Go Red!!

Roll'em up
10-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

Wylie has a great team, always does every year, but i really think the mustangs coulda came out on top if it wasnt for some really REALLY bad ref calls,

I have heard that Wylie tends to get calls their way at home... I don't know if this is true or not....just hearsay.

pero chato
10-09-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
I have heard that Wylie tends to get calls their way at home... I don't know if this is true or not....just hearsay.

It's hearsay. There were plenty of calls against Wylie. Final stats were only 10 more yards of penalties against Sweetwater. We could argue missed holding calls all night but bottom line is I believe the refs do the best they can and aren't biased most of the time.

mustang04
10-10-2004, 11:34 AM
i agree pero chato, but there were some things happening that were'nt called by the ref on our sidelines.....on yalls last drive when yall were on our oh id say 40, 3 plays in a row, after the whistles were blown and the play was over, some big guy from wylie would just push one of our corners down on his butt, and it was right in front of the ref, im sorry but ive never yelled so many derrogatory things at a ref but that just wasnt right, it was seriously some of the worst refing on our sideline

Black_Magic
10-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Ya know, a Ref is not going to call a penalty on a play if it does not effect the outcome of the play most of the time. If it was that bad I would bet it would have been called. Officials dont want to play a big part of the game.

mustang04
10-10-2004, 04:28 PM
what are u talking about....3 plays in a row, one of our guys was being pushed around all 3 times, i dont care what ref it is what game, or the importance of the play, a ref should throw a flag, and trust me that coulda really helped with the momentum

mustang04
10-10-2004, 04:29 PM
if u werent there, dont say it couldnt have been that bad, cuz it was really bad, and no one from wylie could see it cuz it was toward our sideline, but it was very obvious, back me up on this wildstang

wildstangs
10-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
if u werent there, dont say it couldnt have been that bad, cuz it was really bad, and no one from wylie could see it cuz it was toward our sideline, but it was very obvious, back me up on this wildstang

I saw it happen several times also. It was very frustrating for the Sweetwater sidelines and fans. I thought the refs messed up some face masking calls too. Other than that, it was a very clean game. I hate talking bad about the refs, because the fans are always going to see it from two different point of views.

mustang04
10-10-2004, 04:41 PM
yeah, i mean dont get me wrong, Wylie is a very very outstanding team, but it was very frustrating watching our guys battle a very talented Bulldog group, and then a group of crazy zebras

pero chato
10-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I saw it happen several times also. It was very frustrating for the Sweetwater sidelines and fans. I thought the refs messed up some face masking calls too. Other than that, it was a very clean game. I hate talking bad about the refs, because the fans are always going to see it from two different point of views.

I agree that fans are going to see two different point of views. All of the face mask calls were the five-yard variety; we felt like at least one should have been 15 yards, and I'm sure the Sweetwater side feels the same on at least one of theirs. As far as the late hits, I know it isn't coached and Sandifer would pull the offending player if penalized or if he saw it. I don't doubt what you saw, but with the refs right there... I really don't have an answer since they happened on your sideline. Now from our sideline... trust me, on the seemingly 200 sweeps Sweetwater ran, there was plenty of holding that was not called. That was our frustration. Bottom line on all of this, it was a game that could've gone either way. Sweetwater blew some opportunities, as did Wylie, regardless of penalties called or not called. Good luck to both teams for the rest of district and hopefully beyond.
Great photo by the way. What a great looking bunch of guys! LOL

Johnny Moxen
10-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Hats off the to Sweetwater, brought everything including the kitchen sink. They gave Wylie everything we could handle plus some. I was really impressed with the "class" that both teams showed after the game. I'll be rooting for Sweetwater from here on out.

stangcenter60
10-12-2004, 08:24 PM
im ticked off about the whole game so im not gonna say anything more about it........