PDA

View Full Version : AP vs. Ingleside rivalry

Sinton94
10-08-2004, 08:10 AM
On paper AP should win this game, but this an old fashion rivalry that will come down to who wants it more. There is no love loss between these two towns and should be a hard hitting game. I only wish it was being played on Saturday so I could go and watch. Good luck to both!:clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks Sinton94.....youre right..i think its gonna be a close game....against teams that both AP and Ingleside have played....the points spread is about the same....w/ AP scoring less, but letting less points be scored on themselves as well....Ingleside usually scores more, but allows more points to be scored on them. IHS has a more potent offense, but AP has a more potent D, but problem for the Mustangs is...AP is also capable of scoring fast...and i am not sure if the Mustang D is up to the task....if Ingleside wins this one...it will have to be done by outscoring the Panthers, not stopping them. I think they can do it though :)

rgn4fb
10-08-2004, 08:48 AM
How do you mean that on paper AP should win. Is that based solely on their record? I know it is not based on strength of schedule and stats. I have heard a lot about this Ingleside offense and based on this it looks like this game is a toss up with no one having the advantage on paper but Ingleside may have an advantage playing at home. Just a thought.

Doon
10-08-2004, 09:05 AM
I like a good friendly rivalry as much as anyone. However, this one kind of gets out of hand. I wish the folks would just let it be played on the field and not in the offices and hang-outs. I have seen confrontations nearly come to blows in the last couple of weeks and the trashing of school property in Ingleside and egging of a young mans car is totally uncalled for, but i shouldn't expect anything less from our neighbors.

The car just happened to be my son's and I do not like having to get the police over at my house at midnight and my son and I having to wash it at that time.

PO'd TO THE EXTREME!!!!!

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Doon
I like a good friendly rivalry as much as anyone. However, this one kind of gets out of hand. I wish the folks would just let it be played on the field and not in the offices and hang-outs. I have seen confrontations nearly come to blows in the last couple of weeks and the trashing of school property in Ingleside and egging of a young mans car is totally uncalled for, but i shouldn't expect anything less from our neighbors.

The car just happened to be my son's and I do not like having to get the police over at my house at midnight and my son and I having to wash it at that time.

PO'd TO THE EXTREME!!!!! you must no doubt the the father of one of our standouts if your sun alone was targeted. this is nothing new...its been that way for decades. i remember back in my day, we used to have to camp around the bonfire all week long and sleep on the tailgates of our pickup trucks to keep the bayrats from trashing the school and the bonfire (in my day, AP was always our homecoming game and we still HAD the bonfire)....i remember one year, they tried to pull down the mustang statue out in front of the school....it gets painted every couple of years too....just stupid stuff like that.

Doon
10-08-2004, 10:06 AM
IHSSTANGFAN,

I know, just mad as hell about it.

big daddy russ
10-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
How do you mean that on paper AP should win. Is that based solely on their record? I know it is not based on strength of schedule and stats. I have heard a lot about this Ingleside offense and based on this it looks like this game is a toss up with no one having the advantage on paper but Ingleside may have an advantage playing at home. Just a thought.
AP has tons of talent. They've got all kinds of kids at the skill positions. That doesn't mean they'll win, just means they've got more talent. Isn't that right, Hannibal?:D :D :D

P.S. I'll be there tonight. I'm leaving here as soon as I can get out (2 this afternoon) and am trucking on down there. Hope to see a few of you at the game.

IHStangFan
Originally posted by Doon
IHSSTANGFAN,

I know, just mad as hell about it.

#5 i hear ya Doon, by the way....your boy is a hellova athelete.

i had two cousins that graduated this past year, both were hurt and didnt play their senior year...i'd of liked to have seen them get to play...they had talent last year too...just no guidance or coaching :(

big daddy russ
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you must no doubt the the father of one of our standouts if your sun alone was targeted. this is nothing new...its been that way for decades. i remember back in my day, we used to have to camp around the bonfire all week long and sleep on the tailgates of our pickup trucks to keep the bayrats from trashing the school and the bonfire (in my day, AP was always our homecoming game and we still HAD the bonfire)....i remember one year, they tried to pull down the mustang statue out in front of the school....it gets painted every couple of years too....just stupid stuff like that.
The pasture fight was your senior year, right? That was crazy.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The pasture fight was your senior year, right? That was crazy. LOL...yeah..your FRES. year.....it was out at "airport" (TP McCampbell) road...that was nuts..but we COULD get away w/ stuff like that back then...these days kids would go to jail, get suspended, etc.

big daddy russ
10-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL...yeah..your FRES. year.....it was out at "airport" (TP McCampbell) road...that was nuts..but we COULD get away w/ stuff like that back then...these days kids would go to jail, get suspended, etc.
Yeah. But back then Lyons was still principal. He was harsh (I still remember THE PADDLE) but he was just and easygoing. He didn't take things to the extreme because of a fear of lawyers.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah. But back then Lyons was still principal. He was harsh (I still remember THE PADDLE) but he was just and easygoing. He didn't take things to the extreme because of a fear of lawyers. right...and hell...anytime i got in trouble...it was Long who was swingin the paddle...i never got swats from Lyons. :D

big daddy russ
10-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Oh, I got 'em from old Bo. He was a slugger.

But the All-Time Homerun King was Chrisman back in the day. My word, that guy could break off some flesh.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh, I got 'em from old Bo. He was a slugger.

But the All-Time Homerun King was Chrisman back in the day. My word, that guy could break off some flesh. in my day, i got em from Long, Stephens, & Contreras. Long and Stephens were sluggers too....and then you got to sign their paddles, LOL.

rgn4fb
10-08-2004, 10:21 AM
AP has tons of talent. They've got all kinds of kids at the skill positions. That doesn't mean they'll win, just means they've got more talent. Isn't that right, Hannibal?:D :D :D

P.S. I'll be there tonight. I'm leaving here as soon as I can get out (2 this afternoon) and am trucking on down there. Hope to see a few of you at the game.

According to the stats that I have I would not say that AP has more talent. It seems that Ingleside has more skill people with large stats. I am from Corpus and am looking at this from the outside, but I would still say that Ingleside is probably more talented than AP. I guess I will see in tomorrows paper whether I am right or not.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
According to the stats that I have I would not say that AP has more talent. It seems that Ingleside has more skill people with large stats. I am from Corpus and am looking at this from the outside, but I would still say that Ingleside is probably more talented than AP. I guess I will see in tomorrows paper whether I am right or not. with these two particular teams...the rivalry is so strong....it has never really mattered who was more talented....talent, stats, records...ALL go out the window...it is always won by the team who wants it more...there have been years in the recent past where Ingleside has had as much...if not MORE talent than AP..and AP has stomped their butts good!! and vice versa.

Sinton94
10-08-2004, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doon
[B]I like a good friendly rivalry as much as anyone. However, this one kind of gets out of hand. I wish the folks would just let it be played on the field and not in the offices and hang-outs. I have seen confrontations nearly come to blows in the last couple of weeks and the trashing of school property in Ingleside and egging of a young mans car is totally uncalled for, but i shouldn't expect anything less from our neighbors.

That is going to far, but the kids that are doing that are usually the thugs and not the athletes. It's a shame that a few punks want to steal the spot light and give their town a bad name! Things like this usually add fuel to an already burning fire and can turn out to be an advatange for the other team come game time.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doon
[B]I like a good friendly rivalry as much as anyone. However, this one kind of gets out of hand. I wish the folks would just let it be played on the field and not in the offices and hang-outs. I have seen confrontations nearly come to blows in the last couple of weeks and the trashing of school property in Ingleside and egging of a young mans car is totally uncalled for, but i shouldn't expect anything less from our neighbors.

That is going to far, but the kids that are doing that are usually the thugs and not the athletes. It's a shame that a few punks want to steal the spot light and give their town a bad name! Things like this usually add fuel to an already burning fire and can turn out to be an advatange for the other team come game time. you'd THINK Sinton94....but in this case it usually IS the atheletes.....also including (in the past) the cheerleaders spray painting statues, walls, etc. at the schools, hell...one year IHS got graffitied and the Ingleside BAND!! retaliated by bleaching a large letter "I" and "Go Mustangs" into the Aransas Pass field as..they were to be the game on public access that week.....i watched the game on tv....you could see it very clearly. :eek:

Sinton94
10-08-2004, 10:50 AM
In that case I would hope the AD would make examples of the athletes.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
In that case I would hope the AD would make examples of the athletes. yup....its a shame it gets that far outa hand sometimes.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Taken from the Corpus Christi Caller Times news paper

Aransas Pass

It doesn't matter that the Panthers are 6-0 and the only undefeated team in 30-3A. Friday's district opener against Ingleside means the start of a new season and continuation of a rivalry between two schools only six miles apart. "All records put aside, this is a huge game for both sides," coach Robert Soza said. "We could be both 06 and it's just as big a game. You can throw the records out the window. It's a big game for both communities

Ingleside

Firstyear coach Graig Hesseltine heard about Friday's district opener against Aransas Pass well before the Mustangs opened the season. At 5-1, Ingleside is even more excited now that the game is only two days away. "It seems to be the talk of the town," he said. "People are fired up. People have been talking to me about this one before the season even began, so I know it's a rivalry."

District 30-3A

ARANSAS PASS (0-0, 6-0) AT INGLESIDE (0-0, 5-1)

Last year: Aransas Pass, 22-19

Aransas Pass:

The only undefeated team in 30-3A through non-district, the Panthers are rolling behind an offense that boasts a heavy-duty rushing attack. RB Paul Robles has established himself as primary ball carrier and leads the team with 627 yards and 10 TDs. FB George Alvarado, who also leads the defense from his position at LB, has rushed for 531 yards and four scores. The offense is averaging 33.5 points per game, while the defense is giving up 15.3 points per game. QB Michael Tringali passed for 147 yards last week to equal his total from the first five games combined. The Panthers had been able to keep their first four opponents to under 20 points before giving up 26 to Refugio and 21 to West Oso last week.

Ingleside:

The Mustangs hardly resemble the team that went 2-8 a year ago. QB Randy Webb, an offseason transfer from Aransas Pass, leads a potent offense averaging nearly 40 points per game. The senior has rushed for 887 yards and nine TDs and has passed for 860 yards and six scores. Working out of spread/wing formation, RB Brandon Stacy has been just as effective and has contributed 501 yards rushing and seven TDs. He also has 14 catches for 155 yards and one score. WR Zach Adams leads the team with 15 catches for 377 yards and five TDs, while Joel Johnson has 10 catches for 226 yards and two TDs. The Mustangs are giving up 27.5 points per game, including 51 in a 29-point loss to Zapata.

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Okay, this is my first post, so you pro's be patient with this rookie. I have been reading the forum and couldn't resist signing in when you guys started talking about the QB situation in AP yesterday on the thread about the toughness of the 30-3a district schedule.

I am an IHS grad myself, but have lived in AP for the last 20 yrs and now have 3 kids of my own in APISD. I know exactly what you mean regarding the rivalry, it is intense and has been since the beginning of time.

One thing is certain.....It will be a good game! Let's just hope it is injury free, we both still have some tough district battles ahead.:thumbsup:

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Okay, this is my first post, so you pro's be patient with this rookie. I have been reading the forum and couldn't resist signing in when you guys started talking about the QB situation in AP yesterday on the thread about the toughness of the 30-3a district schedule.

I am an IHS grad myself, but have lived in AP for the last 20 yrs and now have 3 kids of my own in APISD. I know exactly what you mean regarding the rivalry, it is intense and has been since the beginning of time.

One thing is certain.....It will be a good game! Let's just hope it is injury free, we both still have some tough district battles ahead.:thumbsup: outstanding APPF, good to see some support on the board for AP....good luck tonight!

Sinton94
10-08-2004, 11:52 AM

One thing is certain.....It will be a good game! Let's just hope it is injury free, we both still have some tough district battles ahead.:thumbsup:

Weclome to the club AP Panther Fan! Hope you come often and stay late!:D :D Good luck tonight!:clap:

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks IHStangFan and Sinton94! I hope I can get the hang of this. My problem is trying to actually work at the same time. I could read this stuff for hours and never accomplish a thing...discipline, right? On a high note, my boss is in Corpus and I doubt he is "into" football forums.

P.S. I don't care what anyone else says, we do have a tough district and I know you will both agree with me.;)

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks IHStangFan and Sinton94! I hope I can get the hang of this. My problem is trying to actually work at the same time. I could read this stuff for hours and never accomplish a thing...discipline, right? On a high note, my boss is in Corpus and I doubt he is "into" football forums.

P.S. I don't care what anyone else says, we do have a tough district and I know you will both agree with me.;) yup...tougher, but yet...ALOT more balanced than it has been in YEARS! thats the way i like it....w/ some good ole fashion competition!!

Sinton94
10-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Here here!:clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Works for me too!:thinking:

veer option
10-08-2004, 02:17 PM
It is good to see that people finally understand the situation. I hate to see the kids getting bashed. A good rivalry game is always great to watch. I can't wait for saturday!! Hook em Horns