PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Training

Cameronbystander
10-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Being a Moderator on a web site seems to be a lot like being an on the field high school official. You have to develop a thicker skin. A few weeks ago I listened to a coaching staff rant and rave all night before I finally flagged them in the fourth quarter (for unsportsman like conduct). It's not easy but we put ourselves in this position (me as an official and you as a moderator) and we should expect some abuse.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this site and everybody running it does a great job (RangerMom is my fantasy hero) but sometimes you have to expect a little flack when you take on this type of assignment. Cursing, name calling and the like should be automatic ROM but controversial topics should be stopped or deleted not just ROM'ed.

One official to another - Thanks for the work but lighten up!

Da Mules
10-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I've got to agree... sometimes these things resemble Cartman (of Southpark) with his "Awthorawtee"

PPHSfan
10-08-2004, 04:09 PM
I don't agree at all.

I think the rules are simple. Don't question a mod in open forum, (use PM), don't ask in open fourm why someone else was ROM'ed, and don't try and pick of fight with a MOD in an open forum. Along with the not calling kids or coaches by name and then having a negative opinion. No cussing, spitting, or gettin naked in public. And a few others. What is so hard about that?

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2004, 04:42 PM
PPHSfan, it's not being naked in public that is a problem; it's when folks get nekkid that's an issue.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2004, 05:12 PM
http://kit.netpoets.net/banghead.gif

As far as I can remember....I have only ROMMED people for language - and that was AFTER they had been told to edit it or suffer the consequences.

Oh yeah....and that one guy who accused me of sleeping with somebody here...yeah, that was personal and I refuse to "toughen up" and take that!

ENOUGH is ENOUGH is ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!

We have beat this dead horse for so long he is starting to stink!!

Let's just have fun!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/beatingadeadhorse.bmp