PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Teams.....

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Here is my team's (Goin' Deep)'s roster, we went 0-2 to start, but are now 2-2 after some overhauling and tweaking.

STARTERS:

Peyton Manning, QB
Drew Brees, QB
Reche Caldwell, WR
Brandon Stokley, WR
Emmit Smith, RB
Amos Zereoue, RB
Daniel Graham, TE
Terry Glenn, WR/TE
Rod Gardner, WR/RB
Jason Elam, K
Pittsburgh or NYG, DEF (havent decided which to start yet)
Brian Urlacher, D
Ronde Barber, DB
Matt Bowen, DB
Michael Strahan, DL
Patrick Kerney, DL

BENCH:

Dominic Rhodes, RB
Brian Westbrook, RB
Randy McMichael, TE
Tim Rattay, QB
Jonathan Wells, RB

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2004, 07:34 AM
Really goofy question here, since I don't do fantasy football. How do you have 2 starting QB's?

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 07:49 AM
thats just the way the league was set up...its not like you really have a "team" so to speak...you have several different players from several different teams...and depending on how each player does indvidualy, you get so many points.....each fantasy "team" is matched up against another "team" each week...the fantasy team w/ the highest point total based on how the individuals did...wins that matchup for that week.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2004, 08:03 AM
I already knew most of that, so thanks for the rest. I guess if someone got stuck with backup QB's, their team is really hosed?

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 08:05 AM
yeah, i guess so, LOL. i'm just lucky i ended up w/ Peyton, my other QBs are mediocre at best.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2004, 08:09 AM
I thought Drew Brees was pretty good, but I know he's not Manning's caliber.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 08:36 AM
yeah...Brees is not bad...i could have done ALOT worse...but hes been Day-to-day lately, then hes Probable, then hes back to Day-to-day.....so i never know if hes gonna start or not. [shrug] i'd of LIKED to have had Jake Plummer...he was avail. awhile back in the league..and when i decided i was gonna pick him up, he had been taken...i was mad, LOL.

3afan2K3
10-08-2004, 08:36 AM
I have brees as my main starter for the 3adlow league.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
I have brees as my main starter for the 3adlow league. you know whats funny....ive been playing fantasy ball on yahoo w/ the same group of buddies for about 4 yrs now....and EVERY YEAR...i get Peyton Manning...and EVERY YEAR i stomp their butts.....among my buds....Manning gets no respect...and i havent figured out why yet. ah well....theyll figure it out someday.