PDA

View Full Version : Possible Resolution to keep the integrity of the site

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 01:14 AM
So i was thinking....we want to maintain the integrity of this site, right?

Let's go through the list of all the posters from A to Z, and let's make a criteria for allowing posters to be on this board...

Automatic admission onto the 3ADL:
1000+ Posts(i figure if you haven't said anything bad yet, your quality to the board)
Donating Member

Now if you haven't met these criteria then here is what i suggest.....

Moderators go through and eliminate any posters that haven't posted in a couple of weeks, because honestly if they are posting right now when the heck are they....and then we email all these people that don't meet the admission critieria.
Here's my thought.We have a set form that every new person that registers has to fill out....it includes name, age, thoughts, and then have some open ended questions that based upon their answers the mods can deteremine if this is going to be a poster who post with integerity and can add him on or leave him off...if the questions don't work then how bout a 2 page paper that they have to submit, this makes the applicant have to work to be able to be on this board and not want to mess up his status...

I know that we might not be able to do this right now during the football season, but in the offseason, this should be looked at....

thoughts.....opinions.....

Keith7
10-08-2004, 01:18 AM
I say make PPHSFan a mod. and let him wreck shop

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 01:20 AM
putting pphsfan in control is like letting dennis rodman have the throne.......

let's do it

SintonFan
10-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001

Let's go through the list of all the posters from A to Z, and let's make a criteria for allowing posters to be on this board...

1000+ Posts(i figure if you haven't said anything bad yet, your quality to the board)
Donating Member

Moderators go through and eliminate any posters that haven't posted in a couple of weeks, because honestly if they are posting right now when the heck are they....and then we email all these people that don't meet the admission critieria.
Here's my thought.We have a set form that every new person that registers has to fill out....it includes name, age, thoughts, and then have some open ended questions that based upon their answers the mods can deteremine if this is going to be a poster who post with integerity and can add him on or leave him off...if the questions don't work then how bout a 2 page paper that they have to submit, this makes the applicant have to work to be able to be on this board and not want to mess up his status...

I know that we might not be able to do this right now during the football season, but in the offseason, this should be looked at....

thoughts.....opinions.....
huh?
That's insane! I'd be gone a long time ago...
keith7? you shut up!:D

SintonFan
10-08-2004, 01:37 AM
and jason too!;)

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
huh?
That's insane! I'd be gone a long time ago...
keith7? you shut up!:D

no your a quality poster, you have fun, but don't do anything to make the quality and integrity of this board bad

sinton66
10-08-2004, 01:41 AM
I ain't skeered. I'm in PPHSfan's "clique".:D :D :D

sahen
10-08-2004, 01:51 AM
wow that is a lotta stuff to do....i dont think taht is a good idea caus ei wouldnt have done that when i wanted to join the bored....i mean i have other stuff to do.....im thinkin the best idea is to keep it the same and jsut keep ROMing....prolly right now we r just getting a wave of poeple (prolly that know each other in some way) that wanna screw our board up....it will pass...i mean i cant remember it being this bad before...we r more popular apparantly now, but that is more of a good thing than a bad thing...it will work out...i think this wave of bad posters will pass and if not then we might have to make a few adjustments to our system but i think urs r a little extreme

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by sahen
wow that is a lotta stuff to do....i dont think taht is a good idea caus ei wouldnt have done that when i wanted to join the bored....i mean i have other stuff to do.....im thinkin the best idea is to keep it the same and jsut keep ROMing....prolly right now we r just getting a wave of poeple (prolly that know each other in some way) that wanna screw our board up....it will pass...i mean i cant remember it being this bad before...we r more popular apparantly now, but that is more of a good thing than a bad thing...it will work out...i think this wave of bad posters will pass and if not then we might have to make a few adjustments to our system but i think urs r a little extreme

but extremes produce results

SintonFan
10-08-2004, 01:53 AM
no your a quality poster, you have fun, but don't do anything to make the quality and integrity of this board bad
explayer, I enjoy this board. It's a good board! But what you are talking about is preventing new ppl from getting 100 post. Yes, this is a fun family site but, all families eventially expand. Enough of the nitpicking and stop the instigating! The moderators are doing their best but it seems like some folks need to let newbies "grow into this site." The administrators set the rules and the mods follow them. Too many here abuse that(not the mods, it's counter-productive)...

sahen
10-08-2004, 02:00 AM

or it might kill the board! if we get no new members then the board will die....i mean we would be ok for a couple years, yes but then no one would be in highschool on here anymroe and it wouldtn be the same...i know i cant pay as much attention to highschool football now as i could when i was in highschool...all i know about is how Liberty and their district is doing and how Baytown Sterling and their district is doing...i used to konw the state ranking every week and pretty much the rest of the state....

jason
10-08-2004, 07:22 AM

Donating Member

thoughts.....opinions..... "That is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard in
my life. We are all dumber now from having heard it. May God
have mercy on your soul."

HornetMom
10-08-2004, 08:33 AM
And you can't kick off those that have not posted in a couple weeks. There are people who don't post every day. I happen to one of those. I went several weeks without a post, until recently. Also alot of the players don't post very much during the season. Yes, I know alot of the newbies may be players, but I know for a fact there are players out there that don't post every day.
My 2 cents. :eek:

Hupernikomen
10-08-2004, 08:47 AM

extreme results...I think there is just the right amount of nonsense on here now. I can just see the mad dash to reach 1000 post. Your ideas are a bit far fetched for my taste. I certainly would have never signed up if those were the requirements.

Hupernikomen
10-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by jason
"That is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard in
my life. We are all dumber now from having heard it. May God
have mercy on your soul."

Hey I thought that but you certainly didn't read my mind, so who you quoting?

clayalan
10-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I think you guys are taking this way to seriously. Its just a message board it isnt life.

3afan2K3
10-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Thats the stupiest idea ever.

44INAROW
10-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by clayalan
I think you guys are taking this way to seriously. Its just a message board it isnt life.

ok I'd say the pot is stirred up now :D :rolleyes: :D

Ranger Mom
10-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Maybe because it's Friday and we have a game tonight....but I am finding great humor in this post!!:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe because it's Friday and we have a game tonight....but I am finding great humor in this post!!:D

naaa... some people are just stoooooooooopid.. the game has nothing to do with it :D

big daddy russ
10-08-2004, 09:58 AM
We're just going through some growing pains. When you hit that growth spurt your joints start to ache just a little, but it goes away with time.

PPHSfan
10-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
We're just going through some growing pains. When you hit that growth spurt your joints start to ache just a little, but it goes away with time.

Tell you something else that works. When a fly starts buzzing around and acting stupid. It stops the moment you smash it with something.:D

big daddy russ
10-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Tell you something else that works. When a fly starts buzzing around and acting stupid. It stops the moment you smash it with something.:D
You're right, let's just hack off those joints.:D

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ok I'd say the pot is stirred up now :D :rolleyes: :D

whoohooo

jason
10-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Hey I thought that but you certainly didn't read my mind, so who you quoting? its from an adam sandler movie - 'Billy Madison'

BullFrog Dad
10-08-2004, 11:32 AM

Donating Member

thoughts.....opinions..... You left out background check, credit report, and a urinalysis.

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 12:58 PM
that's happening on the 4A site now