PDA

View Full Version : Criticizing Moderators/Admins

sinton66
10-07-2004, 06:15 PM
I have had it with this. We work too hard to keep this board running to have to take all this crap. If some of you don't like the way we run this board, then get lost! Everybody needs to consider this a FINAL WARNING. I'm about to start romming people without further warnings.

Keith7
10-07-2004, 06:17 PM
you do a good job and you are my favorite admin.. keep up the good work 66

now that is the kinda criticism that they should be hearing

Pball
10-07-2004, 07:43 PM
For what it is worth, I appreciate all of the work all of you are doing on this site. I don't post a lot but I do read the posts every day. Keep it up and don't let the minority get to you.

Kindness is a language, which the deaf can hear, and the blind can read.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-07-2004, 10:45 PM
sinton you used to be alot cooler about a year ago.

Keith7
10-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Diboll_Lumberjackk

Sinton66 maybe you should take one out to make everyone know you mean business

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

i agree

SintonFan
10-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Avril Lavigne, 66 didn't have to moderate "a year ago." I bet RM and slpy was much 'cooler' in your eyes back then...

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

How stupid would that be and what would the reason be?

SintonFan what are you talking about?

3afan2K3
10-08-2004, 08:36 AM
He is just stating his opinion.

SuperFan#1
10-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Sinton66

Keep your boots on and get'er done. Don't let anybody get you down. I would ROM her. I am sick of this crap, too. Too much negativity.

It's all about RESPECT!!!!!!

Black_Magic
10-08-2004, 09:45 AM
I think that everyone should be subject to criticisim. even moderators. If it is done within the rules of the site what is wrong with it? A moderator does not have to be held acountable for his actions? And why would that be? So, now if someone does not like something a moderator does or disagrees with a moderator they cant speak thier mind? That does not sound right. Might makes right?

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I think that everyone should be subject to criticisim. even moderators. If it is done within the rules of the site what is wrong with it? A moderator does not have to be held acountable for his actions? And why would that be? So, now if someone does not like something a moderator does or disagrees with a moderator they cant speak thier mind? That does not sound right. Might makes right?

For the 9843628331th time - if you disagree with a moderator's actions, SEND THEM A PM!

big daddy russ
10-08-2004, 09:54 AM
You did, too.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You did, too.

ROFL!!! :D

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 10:05 AM
A moderator does not have to be held acountable for his actions? And why would that be?

Contrary to your beliefs buddy, the moderators were hand picked by matthew to help work this site. if you have a problem with their actions don't visit this board....there's a saying in aggieland that says "Hwy 6 runs both ways" ...i think this can apply here

Black_Magic
10-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
Contrary to your beliefs buddy, the moderators were hand picked by matthew to help work this site. if you have a problem with their actions don't visit this board....there's a saying in aggieland that says "Hwy 6 runs both ways" ...i think this can apply here
#1 Im not your Buddy. I dont even know you
#2 what does being hand picked have to do with it?
So what your saying is that a moderator cant be questioned or answer to anythihg they say or do? That is how TYRANTS operate.
#3 Aggieland? you talking about that football program that has been sucking wind for the last 5 years? your brave to even claim them.

SuperFan#1
10-08-2004, 10:39 AM
ROM Black Magic

He's needs to be tought a lesson.

Sinton 66 - Put your boots on and get'er done.

44INAROW
10-08-2004, 10:46 AM
#1 Im not your Buddy. I dont even know you
#2 what does being hand picked have to do with it?
So what your saying is that a moderator cant be questioned or answer to anythihg they say or do? That is how TYRANTS operate.
#3 Aggieland? you talking about that football program that has been sucking wind for the last 5 years? your brave to even claim them.

WOW! I GUESS THIS IS STIRRING THE POT THAT HAS BEEN CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK. :hairpunk: :hairpunk:

READ THE RULES AGAIN, IT SAYS IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A MODERATOR, DO IT IN A PM, NOT OPEN FORUM.

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Yes, let me be your trainer and massage your fingers Mod's before you ROM, cause this one's going to be fun

Black_Magic
10-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Teach what Lesson??? Go away boy ya bother me. Im making a valid point. Dont you think open discussion is best on here? You dont believe people should be able to say what they think about things said or done on here. I would being a moderator comes with responsibility. If what they do is Just, then what would be wrong with answering as to why they ROM someone? I would think that Just action would simply speak for its self. If there are protests then maybe they should be simply answered by the moderator. I dont believe that a moderator should be "above" questions. I would think that would go along with moderating. There is good and bad in every resposibility. If moderating is done right with justice im mind. I dont think there would be much griping or complaining. The president is in the most powerfull and demanding job in the world and even he has to answer to his actions so why should moderators on this board be above answering questions about why they may do what they do. If people dont like it after that then that is another matter.

Another thing. People should not be able to say that they believe somone was unjustly treated?? is that what you believe?

PS When did I ever mention that people should not PM a moderator?????? answer.. NEVER.:eek:

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
READ

Maybe that's the problem... ;)

44INAROW
10-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Teach what Lesson??? Go away boy ya bother me. Im making a valid point. Dont you think open discussion is best on here? You dont believe people should be able to say what they think about things said or done on here. I would being a moderator comes with responsibility. If what they do is Just, then what would be wrong with answering as to why they ROM someone? I would think that Just action would simply speak for its self. If there are protests then maybe they should be simply answered by the moderator. I dont believe that a moderator should be "above" questions. I would think that would go along with moderating. There is good and bad in every resposibility. If moderating is done right with justice im mind. I dont think there would be much griping or complaining. The president is in the most powerfull and demanding job in the world and even he has to answer to his actions so why should moderators on this board be above answering questions about why they may do what they do. If people dont like it after that then that is another matter.

Another thing. People should not be able to say that they believe somone was unjustly treated?? is that what you believe?

PS When did I ever mention that people should not PM a moderator?????? answer.. NEVER.:eek:

Go fight CHEAT, win,, that might explain somethings here.. look here - I said that about PM because that is where a MODERATOR is to be questioned in PM - not open forum - once again READ or are did you CHEAT in reading class too.....

Black_Magic
10-08-2004, 11:29 AM
44inarow

I am making a poin and not putting anyone down. I am making a simple and valid point. I also think somone should beable to say that somone has been teated unfairly. IS freedom to speak freely not right? You dont seem to be able to make a point to me without trying to put me down. I would say your coment to me is harsh and insulting. Are your comments to me and about me worth moderating? im just making a point and not attacking anyone. you on the other hand cant talk without insults.

PS the signature is a JOKE you know what those are?

44INAROW
10-08-2004, 11:30 AM
44inarow

I am making a poin and not putting anyone down. I am making a simple and valid point. I also think somone should beable to say that somone has been teated unfairly. IS freedom to speak freely not right? You dont seem to be able to make a point to me without trying to put me down. I would say your coment to me is harsh and insulting. Are your comments to me and about me worth moderating? im just making a point and not attacking anyone. you on the other hand cant talk without insults.

PS the signature is a JOKE you know what those are?

you did attack the Aggies (but that's ok with me lol)#3 Aggieland? you talking about that football program that has been sucking wind for the last 5 years? your brave to even claim them.

I just call them like I see them. I don't give a RATS ***what you think of my signature, it was not made for you. Have a great day!

PPHSfan
10-08-2004, 11:42 AM
I have a question?

First let me say this. The moderators have been put in a place of responsibility here.

If you have a problem with the person of responsibility at work, do you ask to speak to them alone? Or do you run your head about how you don't like the way they do things, while you are in the lunchroom?

If you have a problem with the MOD's you send them a PM. It is a simple rule. If you don't like the rules, then just don't post here. That too is a simple idea.

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 12:53 PM
44inarow

PS the signature is a JOKE you know what those are? liberal

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by SuperFan#1
Sinton66

Keep your boots on and get'er done. Don't let anybody get you down. I would ROM her. I am sick of this crap, too. Too much negativity.

Noone ever said i didnt have respect. Slow down the kiddie.

Black_Magic
10-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you did attack the Aggies (but that's ok with me lol)#3 Aggieland? you talking about that football program that has been sucking wind for the last 5 years? your brave to even claim them.

I just call them like I see them. I don't give a RATS ***what you think of my signature, it was not made for you. Have a great day! aaaah ..... I was talking about MY signature. I put it there for a chuckle.:rolleyes: Get it now????:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
10-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
liberal Does this statement mean your an elitist?? You probably have the attitude of "Those darn Liberals and thier Bill of rights" LOL Your probably like Rush Limbaugh. he critisizes rights to privacy when he preached going after criminals up untill the police wanted to seize HIS records.. LOL You better stand up for what is right so that when you need it ( what is right ) you will have it.

SuperFan#1
10-08-2004, 01:31 PM
I still think you need to ROM all these haters. They have no RESPECT for authority. If they don't like the rules just ROM'em. That'll teach them to run their mouths. It's all about RESPECT!!!

Black_Magic
10-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by SuperFan#1
I still think you need to ROM all these haters. They have no RESPECT for authority. If they don't like the rules just ROM'em. That'll teach them to run their mouths. It's all about RESPECT!!! Sure! ROM everyone you disagree with!! that would make this board a great place for any opinion.:rolleyes:

PPHSfan
10-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Political topics are a no no here. And I also noitced you did not answer MY question.

SuperFan#1
10-08-2004, 01:37 PM
You obviously don't want to conform to the rules and want to question everything. Just go to another site if you don't like the way things are done. You have no RESPECT for authority.

Enough is enough. Send him packing!!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Sure! ROM everyone you disagree with!! that would make this board a great place for any opinion.:rolleyes:

I couldnt agree more. I have respect if i hadnt i wouldnt have been around this long.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Anyways... What about those aggies :D

mwynn05
10-08-2004, 02:18 PM
44inarow

PS the signature is a JOKE you know what those are? posting on this site is a privilage not a right it is a privately owned property so you cant just cry "oh what about freedom of speech"

BullsFan
10-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Black_Magic, I think you have some great ideas about how a board should be run. And you've obviously put a lot of thought into what it means to be a moderator and what exactly a moderator should and shouldn't be held accountable to. Good idea!

Now, as soon as you set up your own board, you can put that into place exactly as you want it.

The thing about this board is that it already has pretty firm guidelines about how things are going to be run and exactly what the mod's responsibilities are. This board is privately owned and operated. If you don't like the way this board is being run, you have two choices: (1) conform to rules that you don't like or (2) leave. But you do not get to come in and change things around just because you don't think things are right or just.

I may not talk a lot here, but I've been around a loooooong time. And it seems to me that people who want to make big sweeping changes come and go. I figure you'll be going any day now.

j_dog
10-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
For the 9843628331th time - if you disagree with a moderator's actions, SEND THEM A PM!
I could not have said it better! :)

sinton66
10-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Sure! ROM everyone you disagree with!! that would make this board a great place for any opinion.:rolleyes:
You're simply twisting this to suit your own purpose. We don't rom people who we disagree with. We rom people who break the rules that have been developed over the five year life of this board. What we aren't going to put up with anymore are moronic second-guessers. We have a job to do, will do it to the best of our abilities, and frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn whether you like it or not.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2004, 11:38 PM
This got buried on page 3, so I am reposting it here!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/beatingadeadhorse.bmp

big daddy russ
10-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Ingleside won tonight, guys. Isn't that great?

sinton66
10-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Yes, it is. I knew they would.

slpybear the bullfan
10-09-2004, 01:02 PM
rofl!!! THAT was a great pic RM..

Here is one sleepy moderator's comments on this...

1.) The Bridgeport Bulls posted their first win last night.
2.) As others have so eloquently stated, this is a privately owned site. The moderators serve at the DISCRETION of the owner and admin. And FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOESN'T MEAN A THING on here unless it fits into what the owner envisions as their idea of a neat forum to talk about football and other topics.

i.e. You can post on here whatever you want as long as a) it doesn't violate a criminal code and b) the owners or their appointed agents (read moderator) say it is okay.

When offended on this site, posters love to clutch the constitution and talk up that American concept of Freedom of Speech... and miss the point of this site. It isn't about YOUR freedom of Speech... it is an expression of the OWNER'S freedom of speech and that most American of Ideals... Free Enterprise.

3.) The reason the moderators are so testy right now is that we have lots of "work" to do and are sick of constantly having to explain why "bad person" was ROM'd to posters who do not read all of the posts "bad person" made that broke the rules.

SO... to help all of you curious folks who want to know why "- - - - -" was ROM'd... Here is Slpybear's really innovative and super smart suggestion...

CLICK ON THE SEARCH BUTTON AND TYPE IN THAT POSTER'S NAME. CLICK GO AND READ THROUGH ALL OF THEIR POSTS AND YOU WILL PROBABLY BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT. IF YOU CANNOT, THEN IT PROBABLY DOESN'T AFFECT YOU.

*sigh*

sinton66
10-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Great explanation, Slpy. You always seem to find the right words. Unfortunately, I fear it makes too much sense. Hope I'm wrong.;)

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2004, 01:38 PM
LOL, Slpy & 66.

(It's what I always do when I've missed the excitement de jeur.) :D

Black_Magic
10-09-2004, 08:19 PM
I it is funny to see some of you get so fired up over a simple thing such as this. your so fired up that some of you even go so far as to suggest ROMing me for the simple statement I made. WOW! Simply suggesting that people voicing thier oppinion in a polite and proper manor should not be a bad thing drew cries to ROM me?? for what?LOL Is this a Forum where people can speak freely or not? Its knee slaping to see how mad some of you get over a simple logical statement. or a couple of basic questions. I guess its an easy way to find out who the irrational people are.

Ranger Mom
10-09-2004, 10:14 PM
I am not aware of one person who has behaved in a "polite and proper manner" that has been ROMMED!

Please elaborate.....or don't, on second thought!

Black_Magic
10-09-2004, 10:49 PM
I never said anyone who had been ROMed did or didnt behave in a poite manor. I very clearly just asked what is wrong with a proper or polite question about anything? I never said anyone was unjustly ROMed. I chanlege ANYONE to find where I EVER said someone was UnJustly ROMed. GOOD LORD FOLKS. Get off the linch mob mentality.:doh: chill out

sinton66
10-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Since the TITLE of this thread is what it is, you don't see where we might be getting a little agitated at you? Your question has been answered. If I were you, I'd drop it and move on.