PDA

View Full Version : (5) Texas vs. (2) Oklahoma

KTJ
10-07-2004, 03:12 PM
Basically, this will come down to defense. Both teams have new DC's and both are still working out the kinks.

Ced and VY are the leading men for the good guys--that'd be us, THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS!--and you know who has Jason White and frosh AD from Palestine.

If we can get an early lead, I like our chances. However, if we lose, I don't see us getting "blown out" as in previous years.

Texas - 31
Oklahoma - 27

gobblerfan02
10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
It doesn't take a genius to watch espn

Bellville22
10-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Equal athletes on both sidelines, but a superior coach and a superior QB on the OU side...

Oklahoma 34
Texas 23

KTJ
10-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
It doesn't take a genius to watch espn

???

I wouldn't call Jason White or Stoops "superior". That's saying they are perfect in every way. And we all know that isn't the case. There isn't one football team right now that isn't vulnerable.

mwynn05
10-07-2004, 04:26 PM
ut will choke like always

BALLER69
10-07-2004, 04:58 PM
OU-45 TEXAS-13

CHSBaseball07
10-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Those of you posting scores with Texas going down by more than 20......yall have no sense........like The "real" gobbla said ta heck w/ logic..........texas 28 OU 17

H-F RuNnA
10-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Despite early loses to OU in the past, Young and Benson will dominate on Offense while Johnson will on Defense.

Texas-35
OU- 21

Bellville22
10-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I wouldn't call Jason White or Stoops "superior". That's saying they are perfect in every way. And we all know that isn't the case. There isn't one football team right now that isn't vulnerable.

Mr. Webster defines "superior" as: 1. situated higher up 2. of higher rank, quality, , or importance. I read the rest, and it says nothing of being perfect in any way, nor did I say that. I do, however, think that Stoops and White are better than Brown and Young, which leads to me thinking that OU will win the big game.

Pball
10-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Since I am from Palestine, I really want AD to have a good game but .............I also want Texas to win. I'm really torn on this one.
I really think it is going to come down to how well Texas can defend the pass. If they can keep White under control, then I like their chances this year. Also I don't think either team will get blown out this year.

topdawg
10-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Texas-38
OU-35

BIGHANK
10-07-2004, 08:51 PM
texas-21
OU-17

Flourhead
10-07-2004, 08:56 PM
you guys are nuts...

texas 9
oklahoma 3

gobbler grad
10-07-2004, 09:04 PM
could be 28-24 texas

AggieBob
10-07-2004, 11:48 PM
texas is out coached and loses another to OU. Mack's job is almost out the window unless he can go undefeated the rest of the year and actually win a bowl.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Texas is like the Atlanta Braves they cant win the big games!! Hopefully 'horns pull out a miracle.

KTJ
10-07-2004, 11:59 PM
This BBS seems to be "pro-aggy" and more and more aggys are coming on here everyday. Weird. :cool:

Anywho, AggieBob--Like I've explained several times but shall repeat since you are new, Mack will not lose his job even if we lose again on Saturday. You can bet the farm that he'll be back next year. Everyone on the 40 Acres knows it, including Mack himself.

BTW--Welcome to the board. I seem to get into little squabbles with your fellow Ags on this board a lot, with them telling me, a Longhorn, that our top rival is A&M and not OU--and I go to UT so I would think I'd know the answer to that--and whatnot. :D Or who is the better QB, Vince or Reggie. :D (I said both of those just to p*ss KL3 off yet again.)

Good luck to you guys on Saturday against ISU. :)

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 07:59 AM
as much as i hate to admit it, it dont matter that UT has a new DEF Coordinator....or Vince Young...etc...it just doesnt matter....Adrian Peterson is going to run ALL OVER UT. OU:38, UT:17

i HATE OU!

Panther Ross
10-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Basically, this will come down to defense.

Which Texas does NOT have. Lost to many people last season and will not come close to holding OU's offense. OU 46, Texas 22. Will not be close.

Panther Ross
10-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
???

Wow, what you just said is crazy. Yeah they are superior. They are superb.

Panther Ross
10-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Those of you posting scores with Texas going down by more than 20......yall have no sense........like The "real" gobbla said ta heck w/ logic..........texas 28 OU 17

You like Texas to much face it Texas will get dominated and then whooped!

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
This BBS seems to be "pro-aggy" and more and more aggys are coming on here everyday. Weird. :cool:

Anywho, AggieBob--Like I've explained several times but shall repeat since you are new, Mack will not lose his job even if we lose again on Saturday. You can bet the farm that he'll be back next year. Everyone on the 40 Acres knows it, including Mack himself.

BTW--Welcome to the board. I seem to get into little squabbles with your fellow Ags on this board a lot, with them telling me, a Longhorn, that our top rival is A&M and not OU--and I go to UT so I would think I'd know the answer to that--and whatnot. :D Or who is the better QB, Vince or Reggie. :D (I said both of those just to p*ss KL3 off yet again.)

Good luck to you guys on Saturday against ISU. :)

hey same to yall....just a perspective to look at...how many oklahoma posters can you pick a sqaubble with, because you have a plethora of Aggies

Texas 28
OU 21

AggieJohn
10-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by AggieBob
texas is out coached and loses another to OU. Mack's job is almost out the window unless he can go undefeated the rest of the year and actually win a bowl.

while i don't know if mack loses his job...saying that you've lost to oklahoma, which is texas judge as to whether or not their season is successful, the last four years straight isn't exactly an attractive job quality

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
while i don't know if mack loses his job...saying that you've lost to oklahoma, which is texas judge as to whether or not their season is successful, the last four years straight isn't exactly an attractive job quality OU and Stoops are definately the demon that haunt Brown.....his job may be on the line...it may not, i dont know....but i wouldnt say their season would be "unsuccessful" if they loose to OU.

handNthedirt
10-08-2004, 11:28 AM
OU - A bunch
TU - A little

FIRE MACK BROWN!

TheDOCTORdre
10-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Basically, this will come down to defense.

Which Texas does NOT have. Lost to many people last season and will not come close to holding OU's offense. OU 46, Texas 22. Will not be close.

Tech kept OU to only 28 points last week, and I know Texas defense is better than Techs, this game will come down to turnovers, UT is averaging 4 turnovers a game in the last four shootouts

BlitzemAll
10-08-2004, 01:37 PM
OU - 28
lil horns - 13

the horns close the gap on a defensive down year, but still no luck for them. Cedric will have to buy his heisman, and Mack....the big backers luv him, so they will announce his job is perfectly safe.

BlitzemAll
10-08-2004, 01:40 PM
DrDre....the tech defense did not "hold" OU......the Tech offense kept OU off of the field. You might want to look at number of possessions, and the result. From the time I started listening to the game after films....OU went to score almost every possession, missing 1 FG, and choosing to kneel on the last 1.

PPHSfan
10-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
while i don't know if mack loses his job...saying that you've lost to oklahoma, which is texas judge as to whether or not their season is successful, the last four years straight isn't exactly an attractive job quality

OU judges their season the same way. If they lose to UT tomorrow they will consider their season a wash.

TheDOCTORdre
10-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BlitzemAll
DrDre....the tech defense did not "hold" OU......the Tech offense kept OU off of the field. You might want to look at number of possessions, and the result. From the time I started listening to the game after films....OU went to score almost every possession, missing 1 FG, and choosing to kneel on the last 1.

Ok you're right but my point still holds true it comes down to turnovers, if Texas holds on to the ball, they can keep OU offense off the field

turbostud
10-08-2004, 03:03 PM
As much as I would like to see Mack Brown gone, I dont see how UT can justify firing a coach that takes his team to a bowl game every year and usaully does no worse than 11-2.

JasperDog94
10-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
TU :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lepfan
10-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I thought TU was Tulsa University:rolleyes:

DawgFan91
10-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
As much as I would like to see Mack Brown gone, I dont see how UT can justify firing a coach that takes his team to a bowl game every year and usaully does no worse than 11-2.

You justify it by being Texas and expecting Championships out of the highest paid coach in college football. I read today that in ten years at UNC and UT he hasn't even won a conference championship. Plus, they are looking at their biggest rival now in Oklahoma and see what Stoops was able to do in 2 years. Oklahoma was an absolute dog when he got there.

lepfan
10-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
You justify it by being Texas and expecting Championships out of the highest paid coach in college football. I read today that in ten years at UNC and UT he hasn't even won a conference championship. Plus, they are looking at their biggest rival now in Oklahoma and see what Stoops was able to do in 2 years. Oklahoma was an absolute dog when he got there.

OU was a mess after Blake got through with them..We thank God every day for Stoops:D