PDA

View Full Version : Sinton has the toughest district schedule!

Phil C
10-07-2004, 10:45 AM
I won't argue over who has the toughest district but Sinton has the toughest and roughest district schedule. I have already written how tough and rough the non-district schedule was but now it is time to talk about the district. Tomorrow night we have to face the Goliad Tigers. This is a great team that beat an outstanding Edna team so they are dangerous. They are 4 - 1 for this year too. Several years ago on a rainy wet field Goliad beat Sinton 6 to 2. Even though the weather is supposed to be clear and humid tomorrow the field will be wet. That increases the risk.
Next will be the game with Aransas Pass who is 6 - 0. Plus they have a great coach and that quarterback transfer from G-P is extremely dangerous. A tough game for Sinton.
Then we play Mathis who is always tough. Remember they went to State just a few years ago and always play tough with Sinton.
Then we play Ingleside who is becoming a power who has only lost one game this year to the powerful Zapata Hawks. They have a new dynamic coach that has really turned this team into a district powerhouse. A tough way for Sinton to end the regular season.

cunbed10
10-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I won't argue over who has the toughest district but Sinton has the toughest and roughest district schedule. I have already written how tough and rough the non-district schedule was but now it is time to talk about the district. Tomorrow night we have to face the Goliad Tigers. This is a great team that beat an outstanding Edna team so they are dangerous. They are 4 - 1 for this year too. Several years ago on a rainy wet field Goliad beat Sinton 6 to 2. Even though the weather is supposed to be clear and humid tomorrow the field will be wet. That increases the risk.
Next will be the game with Aransas Pass who is 6 - 0. Plus they have a great coach and that quarterback transfer from G-P is extremely dangerous. A tough game for Sinton.
Then we play Mathis who is always tough. Remember they went to State just a few years ago and always play tough with Sinton.
Then we play Ingleside who is becoming a power who has only lost one game this year to the powerful Zapata Hawks. They have a new dynamic coach that has really turned this team into a district powerhouse. A tough way for Sinton to end the regular season. Leon has faith N Sinton.

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by cunbed10
Leon has faith N Sinton. The Mustangs are worried about Sinton...but we will play them hard.

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Alas, Phil - I can understand your woe. Certainly the might Sinton Pirate will prove that they are up to the task. ;)

3afan
10-07-2004, 11:03 AM
toughest-toughest-roughest-tough-rough-great-outstanding-dangerous-great-extremely dangerous.-tough-tough-tough-power-powerful-new dynamic-powerhouse-tough

phil, there you go with the adjectives again ....

goliad beat sinton on a wet field years ago, hardly relevant now ...

mathis went to the state final in 1999, hardly relevant now ...

yes Sinton has a tough schedule, but one could argue that Goliad (or any other district team) has the "toughest and roughest district schedule", after all they have to play Sinton !!!!

;)

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
phil, there you go with the adjectives again ....

goliad beat sinton on a wet field years ago, hardly relevant now ...

mathis went to the state final in 1999, hardly relevant now ...

yes Sinton has a tough schedule, but one could argue that Goliad (or any other district team) has the "toughest and roughest district schedule", after all they have to play Sinton !!!!

;) yup..im fairly confident the Mustangs will beat Goliad and Mathis...but AP will be tough and Sinton will be an uphill battle for sure.

Stretch04
10-07-2004, 11:18 AM
AP 6-0, Ingleside 5-1, Mathis and Goliad 4-2, Who cares, who have they played?

The teams they have played have a combined record of 48 - 80. They have played 14 - 3A schools and 9 - 2A schools and one Private, no 4A Schools. The only quality school that Ingleside and Mathis played was Zapata, and they got their tails handed to them.

jason
10-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Stretch04

The teams they have played have a combined record of 48 - 80. They have played 14 - 3A schools and 9 - 2A schools and one Private, no 4A Schools. The only quality school that Ingleside and Mathis played was Zapata, and they got their tails handed to them. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Stretch04

The teams they have played have a combined record of 48 - 80. They have played 14 - 3A schools and 9 - 2A schools and one Private, no 4A Schools. The only quality school that Ingleside and Mathis played was Zapata, and they got their tails handed to them. none of the 30-3A teams are slouches....state contenders...probably not....but pushover teams...they are not now Zapata, they might have a shot at going deep in the playoffs.

Titans
10-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Phil the soccer fan:

I have to 100% disagree with you once again, as usual.

Sinton's district and non-district schedule couldn't hold a candle to Atlanta's. However, you are biased and I know that. Nonetheless, you're wrong.

Have a great day playing soccer!

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Titans
Phil the soccer fan:

I have to 100% disagree with you once again, as usual.

Sinton's district and non-district schedule couldn't hold a candle to Atlanta's. However, you are biased and I know that. Nonetheless, you're wrong.

Have a great day playing soccer! i have to disagree to a point..Sinton's non district schedule was ROUGH....Gregory Portland was ranked in the top 5 in the state 4A, and Cuero was #1 in 3A. to me..that constitutes "rough schedule"

Phil C
10-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Thank you IHS and right now Gregory-Portland is ranked No. 2 in 4A.

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Thank you IHS and right now Gregory-Portland is ranked No. 2 in 4A. thats what i thought, but i wasnt sure. i couldnt remember if they were #2 or #4.

3afan
10-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Thank you IHS and right now Gregory-Portland is ranked No. 2 in 4A.

depends on what poll you believe

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
depends on what poll you believe i think the point is..theyre one of the best 4A teams in the state.

Titans
10-07-2004, 11:51 AM
This is Atlanta's non-distrcit:

Kilgore #5 4A
Hallsville #17 4A
Mt. Pleasant #72 4A
Carthage #37 3A
Texas High #9 4A

Sinton's non-district:

Taft #138 in 2A
Gregory-Portland #1 in 4A
CC Oso #131 in 3A
Beeville Jones #132 in 4A
Cuero #4 in 3A
Orange Grove #116 in 3A

Let's take a vote from people who aren't from Sinton to take that vote.

To me it's obvious! Then again, I'm not biased...I'm from Austin so I could care less about Atlanta. But I had to prove my point!

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 11:53 AM
This is Atlanta's non-distrcit:

Kilgore #5 4A
Hallsville #17 4A
Mt. Pleasant #72 4A
Carthage #37 3A
Texas High #9 4A

Sinton's non-district:

Taft #138 in 2A
Gregory-Portland #1 in 4A
CC Oso #131 in 3A
Beeville Jones #132 in 4A
Cuero #4 in 3A
Orange Grove #116 in 3A

Let's take a vote from people who aren't from Sinton to take that vote.

To me it's obvious! Then again, I'm not biased...I'm from Austin so I could care less about Atlanta. But I had to prove my point! TItan...where did you get those stats? just curious, i'd like to look through them. thanks :)

Titans
10-07-2004, 11:54 AM
http://www.texasfootballratings.com/2004SchedWkly3ADist30.html

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 11:56 AM
http://www.texasfootballratings.com/2004SchedWkly3ADist30.html THANKS!

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 11:58 AM
thats pretty slick how they break down the stats into the weekly ratings :thumbsup:

Phil C
10-07-2004, 12:00 PM
I wasn't going to go into the non-district schedule thing now but since it is brought up:

Taft - always tough when they play Sinton. Season rankings and records and classifications go out the window when these two teams play. The games are nearly always very close.

Gregory-Portland ranked No. 2 in 4A football. No need to elaborate here.

Beeville - a new coach that has had great success at Mathis leading Mathis to the State Championship. That made Beeville a dangerous team.

West Oso - a good consistent team that makes the playoffs. At the time Sinton played them they received several top ten votes so that shows they are tough.

Cuero - the No. 1 Team in the State in 3A. Plus we had to play them in Cuero during their homecoming. Always makes it tougher.

Orange Grove - a good tough team that consistently makes the playoffs.

Titans
10-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Still not tougher than Atlanta's....sorry!

playing a 2A team is NEVER tougher than playing the likes of 4A competition....espeically TAFT.

You can try and try soccer guy, but the truth is, Atlanta's schedule is much tougher!

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 12:09 PM

playing a 2A team is NEVER tougher than playing the likes of 4A competition.... unless its Refugio a handful of years ago. ;)

Titans
10-07-2004, 12:18 PM
I remember when Schulenburg and Refugio were the powerhouses of 2A. Goldthwaite was as well. Before them, Groveton.

Yet TAFT isn't in the same league as any of those teams back in the day.

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I remember when Schulenburg and Refugio were the powerhouses of 2A. Goldthwaite was as well. Before them, Groveton.

Yet TAFT isn't in the same league as any of those teams back in the day. LOL...thats cause all the talent from Taft has been transfering to Sinton for YEARS now....hence why Taft hasnt had a team in ages and Sinton HAS....Sinton's talent is pooled from Sinton AND Taft. nothing against the kids from Taft that transfer to Sinton, its a much bigger, nicer school.

Titans
10-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Transfer or move?

I've never seen Taft HS, but Sinton's seems to be in good shape!

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Transfer or move?

I've never seen Taft HS, but Sinton's seems to be in good shape! well usually....(and this is from what ive been told by people in both towns dont know how true it is) if the child shows atheletic talent at a young age....hes basically recruited...but again, i dont really know how true that is. i DO know that an aquaintence of mine told me that she went to grade school w/ Adrian Alaniz and Julian Ruiz in Taft, then they moved to Sinton, and both were on the state playoff team a few years ago. [shrug] but back on topic, yeah..Sinton's school is pretty nice..expecially compared to Taft's. i misunderstood your statement the first time i read it, LOL.

SintonFan
10-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
well usually....(and this is from what ive been told by people in both towns dont know how true it is) if the child shows atheletic talent at a young age....hes basically recruited...but again, i dont really know how true that is. i DO know that an aquaintence of mine told me that she went to grade school w/ Adrian Alaniz and Julian Ruiz in Taft, then they moved to Sinton, and both were on the state playoff team a few years ago. [shrug] but back on topic, yeah..Sinton's school is pretty nice..expecially compared to Taft's. i misunderstood your statement the first time i read it, LOL.
Talk about a hornet's nest...

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Talk about a hornet's nest... not my intention at all......just discussing the two schools and why....if I lived in Taft, my kid would be transfered to Sinton without question...WAY better school, sports program, facilities, etc.

SintonFan
10-07-2004, 01:30 PM
I've lived in Sinton since the mid-seventies and have never heard talk of recruitment. That's a fallacy in my eyes.

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 01:36 PM
I've lived in Sinton since the mid-seventies and have never heard talk of recruitment. That's a fallacy in my eyes. [shrug] just talk that ive heard over the years from people in both towns.

SintonFan
10-07-2004, 01:44 PM
But rumors like these tend to get out of hand. I think the kids wanted to play for Sinton. It's as simple as that. If there were any recruitment, Sinton would have been found guilty of that by the UIL.

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 01:46 PM
But rumors like these tend to get out of hand. I think the kids wanted to play for Sinton. It's as simple as that. If there were any recruitment, Sinton would have been found guilty of that by the UIL. yeah....youre right....the word recruitment wasnt exactly what i was looking for.....more along the lines of Sinton being the local powerhouse, and getting looks from NCAA schools moreso than other 30-3A schools BECAUSE of the talent, draws atheletes who want to be seen to Sinton to play....i think thats more of along the lines of what i meant.

Sinton94
10-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Sinton's non-district schedule was amongst the toughest out there and that was by design. Sinton will be better prepared for district and the play-offs because of the dog fights they were in. Having a winning record before district does not mean your a better team. In fact one could argue that losing a non-district game can sometimes be good for a team. I for one would rather risk a loss to the GP's and Cuero's of the world for the betterment of the team then to play less inferior teams and have a winning record. :clap:

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Sinton's non-district schedule was amongst the toughest out there and that was by design. Sinton will be better prepared for district and the play-offs because of the dog fights they were in. Having a winning record before district does not mean your a better team. In fact one could argue that losing a non-district game can sometimes be good for a team. I for one would rather risk a loss to the GP's and Cuero's of the world for the betterment of the team then to play less inferior teams and have a winning record. :clap: well said....and thats exactly why i think Sinton is somewhat underated at this point. people see the record and automatically think "oh well..theyve already lost 2 games" ...i couldnt agree more w/ you Sinton94.

44INAROW
10-07-2004, 02:11 PM

playing a 2A team is NEVER tougher than playing the likes of 4A competition....espeically TAFT.

You can try and try soccer guy, but the truth is, Atlanta's schedule is much tougher!

OMG now Phil is the "soccer guy" lol lol.. :rolleyes:

SintonFan
10-07-2004, 02:14 PM
well said....and thats exactly why i think Sinton is somewhat underated at this point. people see the record and automatically think "oh well..theyve already lost 2 games" ...i couldnt agree more w/ you Sinton94.
I think Ingleside is on the right path. They are doing the things that will make them a good playoff team. It's about time. :thumbsup:

veer option
10-07-2004, 03:11 PM
The kid from GP that went to AP does not start. So how could he be a big factor? Phil C you are losing creditability.

IHStangFan
10-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by veer option
The kid from GP that went to AP does not start. So how could he be a big factor? Phil C you are losing creditbility. no chit?? hell, i heard he did....

Hannibal
10-07-2004, 03:36 PM
I'll validate that the GP kid isn't starting.

Phil C
10-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Then that proves my point. If someone is ahead of him then that someone must be pretty good. More problems for Sinton.

Sinton94
10-07-2004, 04:57 PM
i DO know that an aquaintence of mine told me that she went to grade school w/ Adrian Alaniz and Julian Ruiz in Taft, then they moved to Sinton, and both were on the state playoff team a few years ago. [shrug] but back on topic, yeah..Sinton's school is pretty nice..expecially compared to Taft's. i misunderstood your statement the first time i read it, LOL. [/B]

Sinton must have a pretty good crystal ball for future talent, because Adrian moved to Sinton in the third grade! Every school has kids that have transferred there for one reason or another! Old topic with no backbone!
:confused:

Sinton94
10-07-2004, 05:04 PM
AP, Ingleside, GP also have students who transferred for athletic reasons, as I'm sure all schools do........................SO! If my kids were going to an inferior school I'd move too! :doh:

sinton66
10-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Sinton has NEVER been handed a penalty for any complaint that has ever been filed on them to my knowledge. (and I go all the way back to the sixties)It's simply B.S. JEALOUSY.

SintonFan
10-07-2004, 07:59 PM
The kid from GP that went to AP does not start. So how could he be a big factor? Phil C you are losing creditability.
The Caller Times reported in the paper today that the QB for Ingleside transfered from AP. Dang, everyone transfers in this district.;)

sinfan75
10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
HI, YA'LL!!:D :D :D

SintonFan
10-07-2004, 08:16 PM
um, 75? You(missed) a hellova game in Cuero! :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Okay, look, for the record, Julian Ruiz went to Sinton all his life. I grew up with the dude, he is my 1st cousin, they are 1st cousins... He was always a Sinton Pirate

big daddy russ
10-07-2004, 10:15 PM
That's depth. If Webb didn't start at AP, just think about what they have lining up under center.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 06:15 AM
WOW...Sinton94 and 66....OUCH!! calm down....i said the same thing! if my kids were goin to an inferior school..i'd move them TOO! you guys need to lighten up...and 66...who said anything about being penalized for transfers?? i dont think i ever mentioned or even refered to that. take a chill pill guys....no harm intended. :)

veer option
10-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Nobody said Webb did not start at AP. He is not from GP!! Please read the post carefully. But by the way Webb was not the starting QB at AP, he played a different position. But with their offense the QB does not need to be a stud, because he mostly hands the ball off.

Sinton94
10-08-2004, 08:02 AM
WOW...Sinton94 and 66....OUCH!! calm down....i said the same thing! if my kids were goin to an inferior school..i'd move them TOO! you guys need to lighten up...and 66...who said anything about being penalized for transfers?? i dont think i ever mentioned or even refered to that. take a chill pill guys....no harm intended. :)

No pill needed we're cool, :cool: but if your going to quote rumors at least be original and make up new ones! This one is over three years old.

P.S. Looking for a QB willing to relocate for 2009/2012 season. Must be at least 6'-0" and run a 4.5. Guaranteed to start and jobs for your parents. Tryouts coming to a vacant lot near you in 2005. :D :D :D :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
No pill needed we're cool, :cool: but if your going to quote rumors at least be original and make up new ones! This one is over three years old.

P.S. Looking for a QB willing to relocate for 2009/2012 season. Must be at least 6'-0" and run a 4.5. Guaranteed to start and jobs for your parents. Tryouts coming to a vacant lot near you in 2005. :D :D :D :thumbsup: LOL!! thats pretty good... :p good luck guys.

Sinton94
10-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Good luck to ya'll as well. Only wish I could see ya'll play AP. It's good to see district rivalries heating up again! :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 08:24 AM
i totally agree....i like seeing that the district is leveling out as opposed to the last few years....Sinton is still the dominate team..but everyone else seems to be playing better ball as well...i like seeing that.

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Nobody said Webb did not start at AP. He is not from GP!! Please read the post carefully. But by the way Webb was not the starting QB at AP, he played a different position. But with their offense the QB does not need to be a stud, because he mostly hands the ball off.

Webb started in AP, but you're right, not as QB. That position belongs to my son. You're also right, Coach Soza "being an old running back himself" believes in a ground game. My son only had passing plays sent in during the last West Oso game. He went 4 for 6 and 147 yards. Not bad for a first effort.

The transfer to AP from GP was a quarterback, but he is no longer on our roster.

IHStangFan
10-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Webb started in AP, but you're right, not as QB. That position belongs to my son. You're also right, Coach Soza "being an old running back himself" believes in a ground game. My son only had passing plays sent in during the last West Oso game. He went 4 for 6 and 147 yards. Not bad for a first effort.

The transfer to AP from GP was a quarterback, but he is no longer on our roster. thanks for clearing that up...theres been alot of speculation around here about it.

and youre right...definately not a bad effort! :clap:

veer option
10-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Thank you AP man for helping me explain this mess up to people. This kid went here...this one went there...who cares..play the game!

Ranger354
10-08-2004, 03:00 PM
I seem to recall a Partlow kid from Skidmore that came to school in Sinton years ago. I never really figured that one out either. Guess he lived with his aunt or something.

Hannibal
10-08-2004, 04:46 PM
No, Partlow lived with his parents who were orginally from Sinton. They moved back to Sinton during the summer before that season.

Ranger354
10-08-2004, 05:39 PM
They may have gotten their mail at the post office in Sinton, but they lived on the ranch. About 5 miles as the crow flies from Skidmore.

Hannibal
10-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Nah, that is where he grew up. He lived on the other side of main street on Pirate Blvd.