PDA

View Full Version : hutto talent

fbmom
10-07-2004, 08:38 AM
So does Hutto really have any talent besides #1 and #3??? Any other offensive or defensive standouts or talent?

Old Tiger
10-07-2004, 08:47 AM
not really.

Bobcat
10-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Sure They do. I've watched them twice this year. They have a big physical O-Line. Their fullback is a good hard nose runner, on the midline he hits the hole hard. Their tight end is a big guy to. He makes it easy for them to get the corner and is a threat in the passing game as well.

Dogman
10-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Out of the Hippo's I think they have several guys that can play at the next level. Kerley and Gauthier are good players as well as the soph DE #6. The best prospect they have is the TE #84. He has D1 talent and is the best receiving TE I've seen at the High school level since the kid from Midland Lee that now plays OT for the Maimi Hurricanes.

fbmom
10-07-2004, 10:07 AM
bobcat:

which fullback are you referring to??? They seem to have a hard filling this position......I have seen them run at least 4-5 players in this spot.

Johnny Utah
10-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Hutto has a D1 TE that is as good as the kid at Miami??? Wow, have not heard of any D1 kids from Hutto!!! Need to check them out!!! Wonder how many schools are recruiting him???

hutex04
10-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Hutto right now has 2 i beleive (defensive ends) that play at North Texas. And they have 1 at Rice, which is there starting punter. One of the top punters in the country.

Johnny Utah
10-07-2004, 11:33 AM
THat district(new one I should say)has produced a lot of D1 talent. Rockdale, La Grange, Giddings, Cameron, Caldwell, Manor, Hutto, and even Smithville!!!! Great area for talent and competition!!!

Dogman
10-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Blade Bassler a H-back at U of Houston, A. Maldanado walk-on WR at Texas State, Jamal Williams a RB at Reedley Juco in Fresno, CA and Stryker Sulak a DE redshirted at Mizzu.

Johnny Utah
10-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Do not forget brother Brooks Bassler-High Jumped and was even on the basketball team for a time at U of H. Sister Brianna-U of H track. Travis Ortega--DB at Rice, Greg Gerthe--Tulane, Dexter Wesley-Football at A&M, tried out for the Oilers. Jackson-A&M football. Melvin Gardner(same class as Ortega)played for a while at Baylor!!! I am sure I am leaving some out!!!! PJ Williams is still playing football at the rip old age of 26 !!! Larry White-football at Sam Houston State.

Johnny Utah
10-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Also forgot Damian Turner, high jumped at Iowa for a while. John Robertson was drafted by the Padres and played baseball at MCC. Larry Jackson is the one that played at A&M!!! One of the most talented Locklin's(Ortega's grade) never played a down on the varsity!!!!

Mandy
10-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Bobcat
Sure They do. I've watched them twice this year. They have a big physical O-Line. Their fullback is a good hard nose runner, on the midline he hits the hole hard. Their tight end is a big guy to. He makes it easy for them to get the corner and is a threat in the passing game as well.

ahh...I get the noseguard thing now. The only one I can think of is buddy. And that's pretty much it.