PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Columbus

Bellville22
10-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Brahmas open district play this week when the travel to Columbus. The Cards have had some success keeping Bellville's high powered offenses in check the past few years, but could never score points to get in the game. This year both teams are down, but C-town is really down. Injuries have plagued an already weak team. Coach A always fields a good defense, and I look for this team to play hard on that side of the ball. I just don't think Columbus will have the athletes to match up with Bellville.

The Cards will try to control the clock, as they always do, and limit Bellville's athletes' time on the field. Unless they cause turnovers, I don't think they can stay in this game.

This is a game Bellville must win if they want to make a run at the playoffs in this tough district...

Bellville 27
Columbus 12

CheerMom
10-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Good Luck to both teams, but I will pick the Brahmas to come out on top. Play safe and injury free!!
Go Raiders!!!

Balboa
10-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Columbus is going to get hammered by Bellville...It is time for the money games so bellville will be flawless ..the record that bellville post does not really say how goo this team is

elhs
10-06-2004, 11:36 AM
I agree with you cheermom Bellville will win this one.

Good Luck to everyone and be safe also.

Go Raiders!!!

Bull's-eye
10-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
This is a game Bellville must win if they want to make a run at the playoffs in this tough district... I agree very much with this statement. Bellville has to take care of Columbus and Hempstead. Losing to any one of these teams will probably keep them out of the play-offs. Then they have the difficult task of knocking out Sealy, Rice or Navasota. Good luck Brahmas!!:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

downlower
10-06-2004, 01:25 PM
The only thing that could stop Bellville from beating Columbus is not taking them serious and looking ahead to the rival game against Sealy next week.

Bellville22
10-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Where are the Bellville posters?

Bull's-eye
10-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Watching the Astros!!:D :D

BrahmaMom
10-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Right here, 22! Just returned from the junior high outing in C-Town and am doing that laundry! I was wondering when Brahma fans would wake up! Thanks for the support, those of you who are Brahmas-by-3ADL Board! I concur, that the Bulls are going to have to play mistake proof ball. And, I may have mentioned this in the past once or twice, but the defense is going to have to STOP their offense close to the line of scrimmage (my preference is behind it, but close will be close enough!) I am concerned about the leadership, just a tad. They need to pull it together right now; next week is Fair Week. I don't think the Brahmas will be looking past this week--Columbus has always given us their best shot, and Chancellor has indoctrinated his teams in the "one game at a time" philosophy that has worked so well. It's show time, guys, let's see the leaders step up to the plate(wrong sport)and you young pups show us what you're made of. You've got big shoes to fill and this Mom wants to see you get the job done. All the talent in the world doesn't count if you don't work together as a team--which reminds me, should be interesting to see who wins the Red River ShootOut, Mack Brown doesn't coach team work IMHO! Go Bulls!!!!

JettJenkins04
10-07-2004, 11:37 PM
OU is strong but I think Mr Young and the mighty LongHorns are going to take this years Red River Shootout. Good luck to both teams and wish for a injury free game, as for the same to the Bellville/Columbus game.

Bull's-eye
10-07-2004, 11:41 PM
How did the young Bulls do? Any scores from 7th-JV?

Red Mustache has been out with the flu, but I have a feeling he will be cheering the Brahmas in Columbus. Go Bulls!!:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

BrahmaMom
10-08-2004, 12:10 PM
8th B won 7-0 against Columbus, with the latest #11 Dornon at QB. I heard that the Brahmas' biggest fan was down, but BrahmaDad got a haircut today (just for luck, I'm telling you, it works!)so I'm sure he'll make the trek to Columbus. Then, he has plans to see the Rice-SMU game Saturday night. Let's hope Rice's special teams and defense is back to their usual game. GO BRAHMAS! GO OWLS!

Bull's-eye
10-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Good luck to both teams and a injury free game. Looks like the "Red Mustache" will miss his first Bellville game. He's doing better but decided to stay in and make a full recovery. Go Bulls!!:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

BrahmaMom
10-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Well, I hope the loss of a key fan doesn't hurt the Brahmas too much! But we need Red Mustache to get healthy for the play off run! Good luck tonight, Brahmas!!

faithfuldog
10-08-2004, 05:22 PM
good luck Bellville

downlower
10-08-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm not positive on the scores, but i do know Bellville won. I think Bellville was leading 35-0 at halftime and the final score was 49-20.

JettJenkins04
10-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Nice win Bellville, lets carry on into next week with the same momentum.

Go Raiders:D

CheerMom
10-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Great job, Brahmas!!!
Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

faithfuldog
10-08-2004, 11:06 PM
good game Bellville..looks like y'all are starting to click!

BrahmaMom
10-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Way to go, Brahmas--I'm a proud Mom tonight!!! Catch your breath over the weekend and get ready for Sealy and the fair next week!

SintonFan
10-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Congrats on the big win Brahmas!:clap:

Bull's-eye
10-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Bellville played a great first half of football. The Brahmas had way too much speed for the Cardinals. RB/QB/WR/DB Sanders had an outstanding game on both sides of the ball. Playing RB and QB, Sanders rushed for 114 yds and 3 TD's. He also had a interception and played great on defense. Pope continues to look sharp at QB, but mixing in Sanders is a great move by the Bellville coaches. Maybe stealing some of Cameron's offense, Sanders ran some plays out of the shotgun formation. Also a good job of distributing the ball between Sanders, Bryant and Cooper.

Bull's-eye
10-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Bellville is finding ways to get Sanders the ball more often, to take advantage of his terrific speed and open field running. He may run out of the RB, QB or slot position and also can be just as dangerous catching the ball. Cooper and Bryant give Bellville more big play ability and keeps defenses from keying on one player. The greatly improved play of QB Pope, has made the Brahmas very explosive on offense. The offensive line is getting better and they did a good job of not committing the false starts tonight. The defense must get better against the run.