PDA

View Full Version : 1st Game before School starts

bccards
07-14-2002, 12:11 PM
anyone else's team playing their first football game before school even starts? Bridge City's first game is August 30 (week 0) and school doesn't start until the next week.. kinda interesting, wonder about the pep rally? lol..

eye of the tiger
07-14-2002, 01:29 PM
bccards I didnt know any school started in September anymore. That is kind of refreshing. I think Commerce starts on Aug 19th. When I was a lad trying to grow up(still trying)we started school after labor day. My wife is a teacher and she has inservice starting on Aug 12th. Her summer has less than a month to go. The times have really changed. I wouldnt worry too much about fans and things. I imagine Bridge City is as football crazy as Commerce and I just bet you that the team will be ready, the band and cheerleaders will be ready, and that the stands will be full.
Good luck in you opener.

bccards
07-14-2002, 06:33 PM
The only reason BC is starting in September is only because of the construction of a new high school, and much needed renovations to the other schools in the district, requiring a longer summer.. I Remember having to goto school for about 4 to 6 weeks before the first football game..lol.. BC may be the only school in the state starting that late, I don't know..

Thanks for the luck!! Hope the best for your team this year too!! Good luck!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif