PDA

View Full Version : Graham Steers

Ktulu345
10-05-2004, 08:32 PM
I haven't been able to watch any of Graham's games so far this year. I know they have a 3-3 record, but I don't know why they are losing. So does anyone have "the scoop" on why Graham isn't dominating?

VWG
10-05-2004, 09:56 PM
I think Adidas410s should give us a report on the Graham Steers.
He is currently the Coach Bourquin fan club president.

Keith7
10-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
I haven't been able to watch any of Graham's games so far this year. I know they have a 3-3 record, but I don't know why they are losing. So does anyone have "the scoop" on why Graham isn't dominating?

the refs dont like their ugly uniforms :D

SoulTaker_IP
10-05-2004, 10:10 PM
keith7
just asking, is it the ugly blue ones, or the white ones????
Or just both???

Keith7
10-05-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SoulTaker_IP
keith7
just asking, is it the ugly blue ones, or the white ones????
Or just both???

i dont know i havnt seen them in 2 years so i'm sure they have changed.. but they used to have jerseys with Blue top and Red pants, it really clashed and was UGLY :hairpunk:

marlin fan
10-05-2004, 10:18 PM
I like them they had my two favorite red and blue i think lol or maybe i was just seeing things!!

Keith7
10-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
I like them they had my two favorite red and blue i think lol or maybe i was just seeing things!!

they gotta choose a color.. Red or Blue.. not both.. eww

marlin fan
10-05-2004, 10:19 PM
if i remember correctly they had Jerseys and Blue pants

Keith7
10-05-2004, 10:20 PM
if i remember correctly they had Jerseys and Blue pants

i hope they had jerseys.. they would look funny with out Jerseys.. what color were their jerseys???

marlin fan
10-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
i hope they had jerseys.. they would look funny with out Jerseys.. what color were their jerseys??? LOL opps sorry thought i had typed in Red!!! they had Red jerseys

Keith7
10-05-2004, 10:22 PM
LOL opps sorry thought i had typed in Red!!! they had Red jerseys

yea those are prolly still ugly then.. i just dont like that look sorry

marlin fan
10-05-2004, 10:24 PM
yea those are prolly still ugly then.. i just dont like that look sorry You suck big time LOL!!!!

Keith7
10-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Here is a link to see some better, but still ugly Jerseys (http://www.wyliesports.com/viewing.asp?fLevel1=2004&fLevel2=Football&fLevel3=Varsity&fLevel4=092404%20Wylie%20Homecoming%20vs%20Graham% 202nd%20Half#Pictures)

Those arnt so bad.. but imagine their jerseys being Red.. eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Oh by the way.. I know a secret to reading Graham's offense.. if anybodi is interested PM me...

tmac
10-06-2004, 10:40 AM
i hope your talkin about decatur havin the good jerseys because Wylies are horrendously unnatractive

3afan
10-06-2004, 10:55 AM
uniforms have gone downhill lately

BullFrog Dad
10-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
I haven't been able to watch any of Graham's games so far this year. I know they have a 3-3 record, but I don't know why they are losing. So does anyone have "the scoop" on why Graham isn't dominating? They haven't been the same since the Decatur game. Look how other teams have done since playing them. It's the curse of the Eagle. Polysemous13 we need you, we need you now.

Adidas410s
10-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Why Graham has gone downhill...hmm a tough one!

For the record this is one of the more talented teams that they have had and I have seen them play at least once/year since 1998.

Now a few reasons as to why they are losing:

1) Unoriginal coaching!!! Bourquin has been around long enough that most coaches have seen and/or played against his teams and know how to beat them. They are VERY PREDICTABLE (just ask Keith...im sure we are thinking/seeing the same things). Heck against Marlin last week, I believe that I counted their first 16 plays being a dive play inside the weakside tackle. 8 out of 10 plays they will load one side and then run a dive to the weakside...VERY PREDICTABLE!!! The theory here is run it enough times and hopefully the defense will expect outside and you can spring a long run. What is sad about this is that Bourquin is actually proud of this offense...its PATHETIC!!!

2) When they do have to pass, it is always a fake option to the strong side and then throw to the slot receiver who is running a slant from the weak side. The downside to this is that they take so long with the "reverse pivot" step the QB does on the option that he is practically throwing a blind pass because he just has to turn around and fire!

3) A LACK of game coaching. Watch a game and you wont even see Bourquin with a headset or even any notes. His coordinators wear the headsets and he just stands off to the side as if watching his masterpiece 3 play offense take over the football world!

All that a defense has to do is run a 5-2 (or in Wylie's case a 3-4 with the OLB's playing close to the line). You have your two MLB's clog the inside gaps and then your OLB's spy the QB. You leave one safety deep to provide help downfield for when Graham runs the "double desperation reverse pass to the QB" and have the other safety play closer to the line and follow the running back that goes outside in case they do run the option. Let your corners play man and bump their receivers over the top because Graham does not throw over the top...the only "over the top" play is their double reverse when the QB pitches to the RB going to the far side of the field and he then rolls out down the short sideline!

There are only 2 solutions for Graham to have any hope of getting out of what has become a permanent rut!!!

A) Get rid of Bourquin and bring in somebody with more of a balance "pro style" offense that is still run-based...similar to that of Wylie's.

B) Send Bourquin to coaching school to learn a new style of offense and how to teach multiple sets!

or they could always just hire me when I graduate college in May!!! :hairpunk: Nah you couldnt pay me enough to clean up the mess he has created!

pero chato
10-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by tmac
i hope your talkin about decatur havin the good jerseys because Wylies are horrendously unnatractive

You People!! First you kick our butts all over the field and now you insult our attire! LOL. Our home jerseys are much nicer. If you would have played us at our house you would agree. Plus you probably would've won only 40-7. Glad we could make your homecoming sweet. I DOUBT we schedule Decatur for ours next year!

VWG
10-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Why Graham has gone downhill...hmm a tough one!

For the record this is one of the more talented teams that they have had and I have seen them play at least once/year since 1998.

Now a few reasons as to why they are losing:

1) Unoriginal coaching!!! Bourquin has been around long enough that most coaches have seen and/or played against his teams and know how to beat them. They are VERY PREDICTABLE (just ask Keith...im sure we are thinking/seeing the same things). Heck against Marlin last week, I believe that I counted their first 16 plays being a dive play inside the weakside tackle. 8 out of 10 plays they will load one side and then run a dive to the weakside...VERY PREDICTABLE!!! The theory here is run it enough times and hopefully the defense will expect outside and you can spring a long run. What is sad about this is that Bourquin is actually proud of this offense...its PATHETIC!!!

2) When they do have to pass, it is always a fake option to the strong side and then throw to the slot receiver who is running a slant from the weak side. The downside to this is that they take so long with the "reverse pivot" step the QB does on the option that he is practically throwing a blind pass because he just has to turn around and fire!

3) A LACK of game coaching. Watch a game and you wont even see Bourquin with a headset or even any notes. His coordinators wear the headsets and he just stands off to the side as if watching his masterpiece 3 play offense take over the football world!

All that a defense has to do is run a 5-2 (or in Wylie's case a 3-4 with the OLB's playing close to the line). You have your two MLB's clog the inside gaps and then your OLB's spy the QB. You leave one safety deep to provide help downfield for when Graham runs the "double desperation reverse pass to the QB" and have the other safety play closer to the line and follow the running back that goes outside in case they do run the option. Let your corners play man and bump their receivers over the top because Graham does not throw over the top...the only "over the top" play is their double reverse when the QB pitches to the RB going to the far side of the field and he then rolls out down the short sideline!

There are only 2 solutions for Graham to have any hope of getting out of what has become a permanent rut!!!

A) Get rid of Bourquin and bring in somebody with more of a balance "pro style" offense that is still run-based...similar to that of Wylie's.

B) Send Bourquin to coaching school to learn a new style of offense and how to teach multiple sets!

or they could always just hire me when I graduate college in May!!! :hairpunk: Nah you couldnt pay me enough to clean up the mess he has created!

Geez.... now how did we know that Adidas410s would have such a grand explanation on the vaunted Graham split-veer offense???
LOL

Keith7
10-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Everything Adidas410s said is true, but there is 1 more thing that makes his offense easy to read

Graham also has an offset back.. (one that may be a few inches or sometimes feet ahead of the other back)

If you watch the Guard in front of that offset back, he will take you to the play 99.9% of the time.. If he Pulls, FOLLOW HIM, he is going to the hole.. if he comes off the line hard and run blocks, then that is where the ball is going, IF he drops back into a pass blocking position then expect a pass (they never even had a draw play back when we played them)... this is how us linebackers were coached to play them back when i played and it doesnt look like much has changed...

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-06-2004, 05:12 PM
On the uniform thing... Very ugly. Yes, go with either an all blue or all red but both together is terrible to look at.

Yes, Adidas410s has a very good analysis of the Steers offense.

mwynn05
10-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Everything Adidas410s said is true, but there is 1 more thing that makes his offense easy to read

Graham also has an offset back.. (one that may be a few inches or sometimes feet ahead of the other back)

If you watch the Guard in front of that offset back, he will take you to the play 99.9% of the time.. If he Pulls, FOLLOW HIM, he is going to the hole.. if he comes off the line hard and run blocks, then that is where the ball is going, IF he drops back into a pass blocking position then expect a pass (they never even had a draw play back when we played them)... this is how us linebackers were coached to play them back when i played and it doesnt look like much has changed... Keith linebackers are always taught to read the guard in a 5-2 they are anyway

Keith7
10-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Keith linebackers are always taught to read the guard in a 5-2 they are anyway

not in every set.. graham only seems to have 1 offensive formation

Adidas410s
10-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Keith linebackers are always taught to read the guard in a 5-2 they are anyway

One other thing to point out is that most teams DO NOT run a 5-2 against Graham. They stick with what has been working for them...and that is when they lose!