flourface
10-05-2004, 06:07 PM
he ran out of pot money that quick?

Keith7
10-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
would you welcome him in
he's only coming back for the money

yes he is a top 5 back in the league.. These players shouldnt be playing to make friends, but to win and Ricky can be a major peice to winning ball club, just ask the dolphins how much he can mean to a team

Keith7
10-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by flourface
he ran out of pot money that quick?

i doubt that.. i'm sure he has pounds of 'Dro in his closet

AggieJohn
10-05-2004, 06:12 PM
i don't care if he's good..he's a team killer, and he's a t-sip, and he's not coachable at all, as well as he's got bad hair

flourface
10-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
i doubt that.. i'm sure he has pounds of 'Dro in his closet

yeah, what was i thinkin....my boy Ricky stays high

Keith7
10-05-2004, 06:14 PM
i don't care if he's good..he's a team killer, and he's a t-sip, and he's not coachable at all, as well as he's got bad hair

hes not a team killer, he was the Dolphins entire team, and i doubt any NFL team cares he went to texas, and he doesnt have to be coachable he has enough talent, he knows hot to play the game

Keith7
10-05-2004, 06:15 PM
yeah, what was i thinkin....my boy Ricky stays high

it makes him play better, it slows down the things on his field.. and he is always paranoid someone is behind him

PPHSfan

You have got to let your hatred for UT go. If Ricky was an A&M grad you would probably be kissing his butt right now.

flourface
lol true, very true

AggieJohn
10-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
You have got to let your hatred for UT go. If Ricky was an A&M grad you would probably be kissing his butt right now.

probably but he's not

BIGGBROTHER
10-05-2004, 06:26 PM
funny if he got traded to detroit

Keith7
10-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BIGGBROTHER
funny if he got traded to detroit

i dont get it

BIGGBROTHER
10-05-2004, 06:30 PM
ricky and roy

Keith7
10-05-2004, 06:31 PM
ok now i got ya

neck_06
10-05-2004, 07:20 PM
they will let him back, they let leon lett back after like 50 drug busts

Panther Ross
10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
hes not a team killer, he was the Dolphins entire team, and i doubt any NFL team cares he went to texas, and he doesnt have to be coachable he has enough talent, he knows hot to play the game

I don't care how good you are. The biggest role model in the nfl, one of the greatest in the nfl, and you are wasting your time doing drugs. Yeah I would say that is a team killer because he couldn't even play so he quit. Nobody likes quitters. I surely don't. What if your entire offense walked out on you. ( Ricky Williams) What would you do. I would tell him he does not need to be in the nfl and he is a disgrace to the game. Those are my thoughts.

PPHSfan
10-05-2004, 07:33 PM
So what would you have Ricky do?

Would you bannish him to a life of working for minimum wage in a job that would allow his past problems?

I mean after all the NFL is a job just like any other, albeit a well paying one.

Who are you to decide if a man should be employed by a company in which you do not own stock?

When are we going to realize that professional athletes are no longer role models? They are highly paid entertainers, and we should not hold them to any higher a standard than we do the Hollyweirds or the Circus Freaks.

If you want a good role model for you children, be one yourself.

sinton66
10-05-2004, 07:35 PM

Well said.

vet93
10-05-2004, 07:37 PM
I agree PPHSfan....while I don't agree with the way Ricky has lead his life and I wish that more players were like Walter Payton nowadays.....You really hit the nail on the head. He will be welcomed back without question because there are plenty of teams that could use a good running back...business is business.

Would you bannish him to a life of working for minimum wage in a job that would allow his past problems?

I mean after all the NFL is a job just like any other, albeit a well paying one.

Who are you to decide if a man should be employed by a company in which you do not own stock?

When are we going to realize that professional athletes are no longer role models? They are highly paid entertainers, and we should not hold them to any higher a standard than we do the Hollyweirds or the Circus Freaks.

Keith7
10-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
I don't care how good you are. The biggest role model in the nfl, one of the greatest in the nfl, and you are wasting your time doing drugs. Yeah I would say that is a team killer because he couldn't even play so he quit. Nobody likes quitters. I surely don't. What if your entire offense walked out on you. ( Ricky Williams) What would you do. I would tell him he does not need to be in the nfl and he is a disgrace to the game. Those are my thoughts.

he was smoking weed not doing serious drugs like cocaine, like other players like Micheal Irving did!!!! did the cowboys tell him he couldnt come back, even after he got caught twice.. do you think NBC or ESPN kept him from being a commentater??? no!!! Ricky Williams is still in his prime and is one of the great running backs in the league, and it would be rediculous for a team not to welcome him... I'm sure Ricky would be happy if the dolphin offense does walk out, they need a whole new one anyways :D

sinton66
10-05-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm the absolute LAST person in the world that would ever condone drug use of any kind. That said, if he has seen the light and cleaned up his act, he deserves a second chance. Everyone does. We ALL make mistakes.

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:11 PM
he's a top runningback, thats all that matters.... PERIOD, anybody would take him if they had the chance, trust me

BIGGBROTHER
10-05-2004, 08:15 PM
if he comes back
they should let chong out

Ranger Mom
10-05-2004, 08:15 PM
it makes him play better, it slows down the things on his field.. and he is always paranoid someone is behind him

LOL!!:D

Am I the only one that thought that was funny??

flourface
10-05-2004, 08:16 PM
lol true, very true

thats what i was referring to in that post RM, so no, you're not the only one

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:19 PM
that was funny, no wonder he's sooo good

Ranger Mom
10-05-2004, 08:19 PM
thats what i was referring to in that post RM, so no, you're not the only one

Thank goodness...I thought maybe I was weird or something!:D

flourface
10-05-2004, 08:20 PM
lol...no, of course not;)

Panther Ross
10-05-2004, 08:20 PM

Did I ever say anything about him playing. I said I would not let him play if it was my decision. If someone wants him, go ahead I don't care I just think he should not play. Yeah they are entertainers but kids don't know that, they look at him and say I want to be just as good as him. You cannot sit there and deny that.

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:24 PM
and u know what, most the time the kids dont know whats going on anyways, when i was little and that deal happened with michael irving, i didnt even understand the situation, kids dont sit there and think "man in 10 years, i need to start doing those same drugs as those athletes to be just like them", yeah it was a wrong decision on Ricky's part, but he'll always be a role model

PPHSfan
10-05-2004, 08:25 PM
If your kids don't know that, then you need to tell them.

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:27 PM
i dont have kids, im still just 18, but i wasnt a lil kid that long ago, and i can tell you first hand, i knew that michael irving did something bad, but i still thought he was awesome

Panther Ross
10-05-2004, 08:27 PM
he was smoking weed not doing serious drugs like cocaine, like other players like Micheal Irving did!!!! did the cowboys tell him he couldnt come back, even after he got caught twice.. do you think NBC or ESPN kept him from being a commentater??? no!!! Ricky Williams is still in his prime and is one of the great running backs in the league, and it would be rediculous for a team not to welcome him... I'm sure Ricky would be happy if the dolphin offense does walk out, they need a whole new one anyways :D

I have said NOTHING about people being in their prime, other people being brought back, if teams needed a runningback, I was talking about what is right! Smoking weed is wrong and he was punished he did not like and he QUIT! Now what type of impression do you think that would put on people that do not know him. JUST WEED? Do you believe in a thing called DISCIPLINE?! Obviously not because you are taking the weed a bit lightly.

Panther Ross
10-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i dont have kids, im still just 18, but i wasnt a lil kid that long ago, and i can tell you first hand, i knew that michael irving did something bad, but i still thought he was awesome

Yeah maybe because he is good.

PPHSfan
10-05-2004, 08:29 PM
How do you know that him being punished is why he quit?

Panther Ross
10-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Because he was suspened I do not know how long though but he did not like that and he quit.

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:32 PM
so ur trying to say Ricky Williams aint good?

Panther Ross
10-05-2004, 08:34 PM
so ur trying to say Ricky Williams aint good?

Where did I say he was not good? That is the most insane assumption I have ever seen. He is one of the greatest running backs I have seen. I did lose all respect for his actions.

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE]Yeah maybe because he is good.[QUOTE]

PPHSfan
10-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Because he was suspened I do not know how long though but he did not like that and he quit.

How do you know that is the reason? I don't remember him saying he was quitting because of the suspension that had not come yet. Are you sure of your "facts" or are you just sure you think you know why?

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:39 PM
i was talkin about mike irv. and u said 'yead maybe he was good' like ricky aint good enough to be excused

Panther Ross
10-05-2004, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE]Yeah maybe because he is good.[QUOTE]

No, I said that because you heard about Irving getting caught and you said you did not care. I said I lost all respect for Ricky but he is still good.

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:50 PM
ok..i thought u were talking about irving and they chancge everything, i gotcha

mustang04
10-05-2004, 08:51 PM
that changed*.....ugh i cant type right now

Keith7
10-05-2004, 09:03 PM
I have said NOTHING about people being in their prime, other people being brought back, if teams needed a runningback, I was talking about what is right! Smoking weed is wrong and he was punished he did not like and he QUIT! Now what type of impression do you think that would put on people that do not know him. JUST WEED? Do you believe in a thing called DISCIPLINE?! Obviously not because you are taking the weed a bit lightly.

i would understand if he was shooting herion or smoking meth, or snorting coke but it was just weed, the safest of the illegal drugs...

Do you like micheal Irvin?? or Laurence Taylor?? they both did drugs 100000X harder then Ricky and they are known as NFL Icons... if they could get a second chance, why shouldnt Ricky???

sirhc11
10-05-2004, 09:06 PM
I know Ricky has to be doing way more than just smoking weed. With him being as rich as he is I'm sure he is doing way more expensive drugs. I'm sure he's been up for about 2 weeks.

Keith7
10-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by sirhc11
I know Ricky has to be doing way more than just smoking weed. With him being as rich as he is I'm sure he is doing way more expensive drugs. I'm sure he's been up for about 2 weeks.

he would have to have been doing them alot lately because his NFL drug tests only show THC

sirhc11
10-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I guarantee he has tried it though in the past couple of months.

mustang04
10-05-2004, 09:09 PM
just cuz someone is rich...doesnt make them coke addicts

Keith7
10-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by sirhc11
Yeah, I guarantee he has tried it though in the past couple of months.

you have no proof of that, so your opinion is thrown out...

thats like saying Bill Clinton has done coke in the past couple of months because he has smoked pot before and is rich

sirhc11
10-05-2004, 09:13 PM
I was just joking around anyways. I have no idea if he has or not.

Panther Ross
10-06-2004, 10:55 AM
i would understand if he was shooting herion or smoking meth, or snorting coke but it was just weed, the safest of the illegal drugs...

Do you like micheal Irvin?? or Laurence Taylor?? they both did drugs 100000X harder then Ricky and they are known as NFL Icons... if they could get a second chance, why shouldnt Ricky???

Your first paragraph probably has to be the most stupidest thing
I have ever read. Drugs are drugs. The safest illegal drugs, IT IS STILL ILLEGAL! WOW this is amazing.

tmac
10-06-2004, 10:57 AM
if i was on the dolphins i wouldnt want him back

PPHSfan
10-06-2004, 11:02 AM
I still can't believe some of yall think this is about drugs. Him coming back has nothing to do with drugs. Him being allowed back has nothing to do with drugs. What his teammates think of him has nothing to do with drugs. If it were about drugs, there would be a whole slew of players not being allowed to play this weekend. It is about a job opening, and nothing more.

tmac
10-06-2004, 11:06 AM
what im sayin is regardless if he was a druggie or not,if i was a miami dolphin i wouldnt wanna play with some1 who left us like that.him doing this possibly ruined their whole year

spiveyrat
10-06-2004, 11:32 AM
If he does come back and is allowed to play by the NFL, I'm sure he won't be allowed to solicit teams and go play where he wants (as some of your posts seem to be implying). I imagine the Dolphins will have some say in the matter. And with the bridges he's burned there, they could potentially hold on to him and not play him.

PPHSfan
10-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Yes,

But not wanting Ricky back would be like biting off your nose to spite your face. This is a business. And Miami needs him.

spiveyrat
10-06-2004, 11:37 AM
But depending on the situation, if the team thinks he adds a bad dynamic or is bad for team morale...

IHStangFan
10-06-2004, 11:44 AM
its about the money.....but its as much a publicity stunt as it is for the money....the Dolphins are doing terrible, Ricky's thinking he could come back and turn em around....which would prove "how good he is" and get all kinda publicity and whatnot.

CS_WILDCATS
10-06-2004, 12:39 PM
I told your so, a couple of months back I posted he'd be back. 8 million dollars can really change a persons mind. He won't be back though till next year because he still has to sit our his supsension.

Keith7
10-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
If he does come back and is allowed to play by the NFL, I'm sure he won't be allowed to solicit teams and go play where he wants (as some of your posts seem to be implying). I imagine the Dolphins will have some say in the matter. And with the bridges he's burned there, they could potentially hold on to him and not play him.

no i was implying that they would more then likely trade him.. you guys are right, the dolphins prolly wouldnt want to play with him after leaving them like that, but i'm sure the other 30 teams in the NFL won't mind, shoot he didnt do anything to them, and he might be the guy that could put a team over the hump, for possably as little as a 3rd round pick :eek:

spiveyrat
10-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Keith, I wasn't picking you you specifically. There was a general sense of what I was saying in several posts.

Keith7
10-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Keith, I wasn't picking you you specifically. There was a general sense of what I was saying in several posts.

i know i was just explainin what i think might happen... I would like to see Ricky play again though.. I think the cowboys might be intrested if he does become available to trade

JasperDog94
10-06-2004, 02:45 PM
he's a t-sip :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
10-06-2004, 02:52 PM
no i was implying that they would more then likely trade him.. you guys are right, the dolphins prolly wouldnt want to play with him after leaving them like that, but i'm sure the other 30 teams in the NFL won't mind, shoot he didnt do anything to them, and he might be the guy that could put a team over the hump, for possably as little as a 3rd round pick :eek: I agree totally up to the third round pick. I think they could get much, much more for him. But you can count on him never playing for the Dolphins ever again.

Panther Ross
10-06-2004, 08:41 PM
I still can't believe some of yall think this is about drugs. Him coming back has nothing to do with drugs. Him being allowed back has nothing to do with drugs. What his teammates think of him has nothing to do with drugs. If it were about drugs, there would be a whole slew of players not being allowed to play this weekend. It is about a job opening, and nothing more.

Yes it does. If he would have left the drugs alone, this would not be going on right now.

Keith7
10-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Yes it does. If he would have left the drugs alone, this would not be going on right now.

no he wanted to retire.. or this would happen to the other 500 players that smoke pot..

Panther Ross
10-06-2004, 08:45 PM
no he wanted to retire.. or this would happen to the other 500 players that smoke pot..

Nope he was suspened and he did not like that

Keith7
10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Nope he was suspened and he did not like that

no its not.. he was never suspended, just faced a fined $650,000, but now after retiring he faces a suspension, maybe that is what you are refering to, but never because he was suspended...

soon after he retired he told people he was doing it because he didnt have the passion to play football anymore.. maybe that could be the real reason he retired?? :thinking:

big daddy russ
10-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Just trade him for Patrick Ramsey and a fourth rounder, and pick up ol' Ced with that top-five pick they'll get this year. They get an ex-Longhorn with the same running style who might actually average more than three and a half ypc. I hope so... the Fins are my favorite team.

big daddy russ
10-06-2004, 09:05 PM
And I'm not going to judge the guy. I can understand losing your passion for football, if only for a brief period of time. If you eat, breathe and sleep the game everyday for 15 years, you'll get burned out sooner or later. I don't like the fact that he bailed on his team, but the simple answer is to just trade him.