PDA

View Full Version : 5-3a Predictions

hawkfan65
10-05-2004, 05:07 PM
So who do you guys think will win the class 5-3a district champ this year?

VERNONLION#1
10-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan65
So who do you guys think will win the class 5-3a district champ this year?

Hey Hawkfan is it a rumor or true that Swenson is nursing an injured big toe? I'm sure you've read where we are battling injuries on a weekly basis.

hawkfan65
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Im not really sure but he has been limping, but Swenson hcan play through anything. So class 5-3a watchout

VWG
10-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Iowa Park fans coming out of the woodwork on the downlow!

VERNONLION#1
10-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Iowa Park fans coming out of the woodwork on the downlow!

VWG, I've noticed that myself.

VWG
10-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
VWG, I've noticed that myself.

Could be "bandwagon" time.

VERNONLION#1
10-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Could be "bandwagon" time.

LOL :D

hawkfan65
10-05-2004, 08:50 PM
so are you gonna start mouthing us just like the coyotes

Ktulu345
10-05-2004, 08:57 PM
hawkfan, please check PM's.

sirhc11
10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I think the top three will be like this in order:
Iowa Park
Graham
Vernon

VWG
10-05-2004, 09:53 PM
There is no doubt that Iowa Park has a good football team. Whether or not they can get past Graham and Vernon still remains to be seen.
Iowa Park has a gutsy kid playing QB who is a good "field general". Their kids play hard, and they've put together a nice undefeated season so far.
Vernon and Graham have stumbled. Graham played a heck of a pre-district schedule. Losing to Decatur 28-19 and Marlin 21-14 has no shame. Getting blown out by Wylie, now that was a little shocking. Not that Wylie beat Graham, but by the margin they did beat them by.
If Graham can regroup and get their offense to keep the ball and quit fumbling then Graham will be a big factor come district.
Vernon is another team that is strong and fast, but hasn't played up to their potential. They have been an erratic bunch on offense and they need to get their o-line playing better to give their horses in the backfield holes to run through. Vernon lost a good tight end last year. Big, strong kid who they could get the ball to on drags across the middle. If the Lions can get back on the offensive track the way they "should", then I see Vernon taking Iowa Park in district. If they don't, then Iowa Park can score enough points to get past Vernon.
For Iowa Park to beat Graham they will have to throw the ball. I don't see Iowa Park moving on Graham much on the ground. Graham is big and physical..... but their secondary is very, very suspect. Graham can run the ball on offense, but it will be up to the defense to shut down the Hawks during their district battle.

IP_Hawk
10-06-2004, 12:00 AM
hey hawkfan noones mouthing dont start mouthing them were just now starting to get people to respect us.

LMWR87
10-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Hey lets not forget that iowa park has played decatur i know it was just a scrimmage but iowa park did beat them in the live quarter they played. 13-7 the hawks D shut down Dane and the only td that decatur scored was when ip only had 10 players on the field they were missing there corner and decatur scored on a sweep to that side. i know that decatur has probably improved since then but so have the hawks especially in there last two games.

mudcat
10-08-2004, 08:44 AM
1. Vernon
2. Graham
3. Breckenridge
4. Iowa Park
5. Hirschi

IP_Hawk
10-12-2004, 01:30 PM
you might as well never talk agian cuz you suck at picking teams did you just put them all in a hat and pick it out 1 at a time cuz your an idiot. Not to be rude but that was the stupidest guess i've ever heard in my life.

Macarthur
10-12-2004, 01:45 PM
I've been following this district pretty closely. IP & Graham are the top two. Vernon is dangerous. Breck is pretty good and could really be in the mix for that 3rd playoff spot.

About Graham being physical. True, but IP is much more physical than they were last year. They have been dominating the LOS even against the WF Coyotes. They have had some mental errors that have kept them from scoring a ton of points, but they control the clock and really grind things out. IP's defense has been much better than anyone expected, especially losing Brian Love to graduation. I think IP handles Vernon this year. Graham will be a good game because Graham certainly has a mental advantage, but I think IP may actually be the better "team" this year. I see Breck and Vernon being the game for the third spot. That last game between IP & Graham should be the championship.

BTW, Swenson (QB) has a stress fracture in his foot. He did not play the entire game against Breck, but while he was in, it did not seem to affect his play too much.

I also saw the Decatur scrimmage and, trying to be objective, IP really did well and some would argue actually won that scrimmage. Granted, Decatur may not have been showing much, but physically IP was taking it to them pretty good. IP plays really physical, especially on offense. They almost have a defensive mentality on offense in that they really like to maul people.

Anyway, it's going to be an exciting 3 weeks.