PDA

View Full Version : Team Entrance Song

Ranger354
10-05-2004, 01:52 PM
What song does your team enter the field with?

Does the band play your schools fight song?

Do you have a music person on the track with speakers playing a tune also? Pump up the volume!

Lets see what you got.

IHStangFan
10-05-2004, 02:04 PM
The Going Band From Mustang Land plays a drum cadence.

I am IHStangFan, and I approve this messege. :D

big daddy russ
10-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The Going Band From Mustang Land plays a drum cadence...
and then breaks out into a rousing rendition of "Footloose" to get the team amped.

IHStangFan
10-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
and then breaks out into a rousing rendition of "Footloose" to get the team amped. theyre back to the old stuff Russ...the orig. cadence, Peter Gunn, etc.

big daddy russ
10-05-2004, 02:11 PM
No "Survivor?" No "Eye of the Tiger?" No Flock of Seagulls? No good.

IHStangFan
10-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
No "Survivor?" No "Eye of the Tiger?" No Flock of Seagulls? No good. Nah...ive been pushing for "Whip It" by Devo..but the band director aint havin it.

CHS_Grad '85
10-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Hornets enter to the fight song...

Phil C
10-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Hey IHStangfan the musician who composed Peter Gunn was Henry Mancini. Even though he was not credited he also assisted in the music to the great Rory Calhoun western Dawn at Socorro. This was a great 1954 western staring Rory Calhoun, Piper Laurie, David Brian, Alex Nicol, Edgar Buchannan and Lee Van Cleff. Many people thought it should have been nominated for the best picture oscar and Alex Nicol should have won for best supporting actor. Edgar Buchannan was also extra good in it even though everyone connected with it was outstanding. The New Mexico scenery in it was breathtaking and the music was terrific. The scene at the first part of the movie when Alex Nicol fails to aid his family in their shootout with Rory Calhoun is devastating. A great classic scene by Alex Nicol. A great movie that is sometimes shown on TCM.

LH Panther Mom
10-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Our band plays the fight song. Before each home game, dozens (maybe 100 or so) kids from Kindergarten through 5th grade, along with the PE coaches, run the length of the field. They then gather in two lines by the cheerleaders to cheer the players as they come out of the dressing room.

I know several schools have the inflatable mascot tunnel. Personally, I'd rather see these kids out there.

Ranger354
10-05-2004, 02:50 PM
We have the tunnel.

I guess if I was a booster and more involved I could voice my opinion more. For now I will keep quite. I have a few years before my boys play ball. But look out when the youngest gets into High School.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2004, 02:53 PM
We have a tunnel...but we also a form a spirit line from the locker room doors to the tunnel entrance.....the cheerleaders (and band at haltime) are on the other side of the tunnel!

spiveyrat
10-05-2004, 02:53 PM
I don't know the name of the piece, but ours goes...

Daaa da dunh da dunh da dunh dee dunh da da dunh dunh dunh dunh dunh... :D

LH Panther Mom
10-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

Daaa da dunh da dunh da dunh dee dunh da da dunh dunh dunh dunh dunh... :d

Oooh! I think I know that song! :D

KennedaleWildcat
10-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Our team goes on the field to the fight song. We have the tunnel set up and have the cheerleaders holding the huge paper banner.

Ranger354
10-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Duh Da Duh Duh??????

On to Victory maybe.....................

Our fight song too.

mikecheck
10-05-2004, 03:16 PM
[A great classic scene by Alex Nicol. A great movie that is sometimes shown on TCM. [/B][/QUOTE]

Another great movie I personally saw: "The Hanging Tree" with Gary Cooper, Maria Schell, George C. Scott, Karl Malden. If you like true westerns, this sure is one classic. If you can find it.

X21AAAPlayer
10-05-2004, 03:20 PM
BC plays the fight song but the band has a nice little cadence they play when they march in. I wish I could have a d/l for you all to hear.

Johnny Utah
10-05-2004, 03:21 PM
So, what you are saying is that once your kids get into High School you are going to try and change things where ever you live. Why not get involved now and help out. Make a difference now. I know a lot of coaches, teachers, administrators, etc, that just love the input of people on the outside looking in. I could not coach simply because of that, too many politics, etc. I like the idea of kids in grade school lining up and the players running through them. Fans that cheer no matter what are the ones all towns need.

mikecheck
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
right on...

Johnny Utah
10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Where is Mathis, and what types of fans do they have???

mikecheck
10-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Where is Mathis, and what types of fans do they have???

Down by Corpus Christi and 22 miles from Sinton, now everybody knows where Sinton is. We have a good crowd, very active boosters organization but small on numbers as far as Varsity players go. Big hearts like everywhere else. Just won in double overtime against a winless team Bishop Friday night. Will have an uphill struggle in district with Sinton, Aransas Pass, Ingleside and Goliad.

44INAROW
10-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

Daaa da dunh da dunh da dunh dee dunh da da dunh dunh dunh dunh dunh... :D

Or you sure it's not Deee da denh de dunh? j/k

Johnny Utah
10-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Would be awesome to travel around to different towns, schools, games, etc to capture the spirit during a Friday night!!! Would be a cool job!!!

mikecheck
10-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Would be awesome to travel around to different towns, schools, games, etc to capture the spirit during a Friday night!!! Would be a cool job!!!

Could be a documentary titled "Friday Night Flights" maybe...

IHStangFan
10-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey IHStangfan the musician who composed Peter Gunn was Henry Mancini. Even though he was not credited he also assisted in the music to the great Rory Calhoun western Dawn at Socorro. This was a great 1954 western staring Rory Calhoun, Piper Laurie, David Brian, Alex Nicol, Edgar Buchannan and Lee Van Cleff. Many people thought it should have been nominated for the best picture oscar and Alex Nicol should have won for best supporting actor. Edgar Buchannan was also extra good in it even though everyone connected with it was outstanding. The New Mexico scenery in it was breathtaking and the music was terrific. The scene at the first part of the movie when Alex Nicol fails to aid his family in their shootout with Rory Calhoun is devastating. A great classic scene by Alex Nicol. A great movie that is sometimes shown on TCM. PHil, some of the things you know astound me :clap:

WOS1
10-05-2004, 04:45 PM
At WO-S it's "Thunder Kiss 65" - White Zombie... j/k:D . But that would be a good one to get everyone all fired up.

Matthew328
10-05-2004, 05:35 PM
I liked how FW Dunbar came out to No Drama by 8-Ball and MJG..

I remember Everman during 2002 state run came out to We Ready by Pastor Troy..which was good also

Gobbla2001
10-05-2004, 05:37 PM
In '97 and '98 I remember us coming out to 'the undertaker' theme music...

Now the band plays the Darth Vader Star Wars dealy...

LH Panther Mom
10-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
We have the tunnel.

I guess if I was a booster and more involved I could voice my opinion more. For now I will keep quite. I have a few years before my boys play ball. But look out when the youngest gets into High School.

You can be a booster, even if your kids aren't in athletics. Our school doesn't own a tunnel, or I'm sure the kids would line up from the field house to the tunnel.

AggieJohn
10-05-2004, 06:05 PM
we used to come into the liberty high school fight song

Ranger354
10-05-2004, 07:14 PM
So, what you are saying is that once your kids get into High School you are going to try and change things where ever you live. Why not get involved now and help out. Make a difference now. I know a lot of coaches, teachers, administrators, etc, that just love the input of people on the outside looking in. I could not coach simply because of that, too many politics, etc. I like the idea of kids in grade school lining up and the players running through them. Fans that cheer no matter what are the ones all towns need.

I have a daughter that use to play soccer and I was asked to sit in the bleachers and not instruct her from the sidelines. I realize that children need to listen to the coach on the field.

I help coach my sons T ball and Coach pitch baseball teams also.
I have spent many games coaching first base and the dugout is a madhouse simply because we do not have enough parents that want to get involved. They sit in the stands and they want their kids to play and they want someone else to baby sit them. NOT ME! Politics is Right!

Yes I know that Booster membership is not limited to parents. I thought about it this year, but job, back surgery, hunting, family just won't allow it right now. We are doing good to get to the game.

Ranger354
10-05-2004, 07:26 PM
I will never forget the Mathis fans a few years back when Sinton beat them in District play then they met again in the Playoffs. Mathis had a good team, but those fans played a big part in that game also. Mathis won 30 to 7 or something like that.

At the Sinton - Burnett game in San Marcus a few years back. The Burnett fans rocked the house. Their halftime show looked like a college halftime show.

dawgmom
10-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Jasper has a "Dawg House" tunnel that they run through to the band, hopefully, playing the fight song. Our cheerleaders are in front of the tunnel like targets for the boys to run over, LOL. The JV and freshman cheerleaders, along with a whole bunch of youngsters (cheer pups) line up down the center of the field and cheer for the team as they come out. This is really cute because they all do two-bits together. Some of these kids are so cute too, when the school song is played. Anyway, I wish we had a sound person and would play "Who Let The Dogs Out".

sirhc11
10-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Clyde's team comes out onto the field to their fight song. Before they enter the field the student body forms a spirit line that the players walk through.

flourface
10-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Cuero also comes out to their fight song

hawkfan65
10-05-2004, 09:36 PM
yall probably dont want to know what our school plays people always get offended

PhiI C
10-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Hey Mike I have seen The Hanging Tree also. It is a great western. Gary Cooper made many great westerns. I think The Hanging Tree has been shown on the Western Channel as well as the great western with Gary Cooper and Burt Landcaster called Vera Cruz.

CRHSeagle
10-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Before I checked in Castleberry had this huge hedges behind the goal post and there was a gap where the cheerleaders would hold the breakaway banner infront of. Their would be a smoke machine the would fog up everything behind the buses and then the team would break threw and run out. Last year they cut the bushes down and this year they had to re plant more. Their not as tall as they use to be though. We run out the school fight song before the game and after half time.

Flourhead
10-05-2004, 10:46 PM
cuero comes out to slipknot... usually the song "sic"

sinpirate
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Sinton started using side lines music beginning in the year they played Everman at College Station. Hell's Bells power the team as they enter the field and as they exit the Sinton Pirate run through tunnel. Simultaneously the band plays the fight song (On Wisconsin tune) after the team heads for the center of the field and the bells fade away.

By the way, Phil C, what's will all the movie trivia? Why don't you start a movie trivia thread. Then those of us who don't care about that could just skip over it. I'll admit, you really know your stuff.

spiveyrat
10-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Jasper has a "Dawg House" tunnel that they run through to the band, hopefully, playing the fight song. Our cheerleaders are in front of the tunnel like targets for the boys to run over, LOL. The JV and freshman cheerleaders, along with a whole bunch of youngsters (cheer pups) line up down the center of the field and cheer for the team as they come out. This is really cute because they all do two-bits together. Some of these kids are so cute too, when the school song is played. Anyway, I wish we had a sound person and would play "Who Let The Dogs Out".

GOOD IDEA!!!

shellman54
10-06-2004, 12:44 PM
BH (the eagles) used to come out to the atlanta braves war chant. go figure!

Bobcat
10-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Last year, Burnets whole entry routine was pretty awesome