PDA

View Full Version : Diboll Playoffs

big69
06-24-2003, 01:43 PM
In the 20-3A section, it says that Diboll lost to Mexia 45-7 in 2000 ( actually 45-0), and they haven't returned since. Untrue, Diboll went back in 2001 and beat Groesbeck 49-28 in bi-district but then lost to Giddings, score not going to give! I know because I played on both teams and was actually kind of embarassed both years because a certain group of players made bad choices the night before and our coaching staff is not all that great!

Matthew328
06-24-2003, 02:00 PM
You are right my bad...It'll get corrected!

Matthew328
06-24-2003, 02:04 PM
It is fixed....lets be real the program still hasn't recovered from the Mexia loss..that 2000 Diboll team was a state title contender..no way Mexia should have beaten them that bad...

big69
06-24-2003, 03:12 PM
That is true that we were state competitors in 2000 but it doesn't help much when half of the team want's to get high the night before an easy playoff game, that shows that sopme people have very little respect for themselves, the team and most importantly the community. And if you knew what went on in and before the 2001 season, you would probably see that we were a better team than what the town thought we were goung to be, but somehow we made it through an 8-4 season and a bi-district championship, even though if things would have went right in 2000 then the 2001 season would have been a lot better.

BIGBELL#7
06-24-2003, 04:37 PM
I graduated this year from Westwood High School, and one of the biggest wins in school history was when we beat Diboll in 2001. It was a shocker to everybody. It also felt good to be playin in that game.

Blackcat03
06-24-2003, 11:46 PM
How can you say that was supposed to be an easy playoff game? Yall were supposed to go to state, we knew that... and we worked our tails off all week in practice preparing for yall... everyone said ohh, big bad Diboll... we didnt care... just because the people say it should be a layover doesnt mean its gonna be a layover... any team with a great week of practice, the will to win, and heart can beat anyone else...

ThaRealBulldog
06-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Diboll are yall gunna be ready for Sept. 12???(Carthage v Diboll)

big69
06-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Westwood, I don't know what happen that week but ya'll only beat by 17 points (we've been beat worse) but not only 17 points but ya'll beat the hell out of us physically. I am not ashamed to say it, that was a total butt whooping and probably the most physical game I have ever played. Mexia, ya'll did have a great team and still do, but the fact of the matter is if a certain group of players did not party and get high before the game, it would have been more of a game than anything and that would have shown us who really stands where. carthage, I have long since graduated and no they probably will not be ready. For one thing they don't any size anymore and seeing ya'll play last year, well ya'll are huge, that and the coaches are trying to fond jobs elsewhere but can't so they really don't care abnout the team! To everybody, all you have to do to beat Diboll is get ahead by one point and the game is yours, all it takes for them to lose is to start losing and the team breaks apart! Trust me I know, 45-0, 69-14, come on give me a break, your not suppose to get beat that bad in the playoffs!!!

Old Cardinal
06-26-2003, 02:36 PM
I really don't think that win(45-0) by Mexia over Diboll was a fluke in 2000....I watched Bridge City make it's debut in 3A ball by scimmaging Diboll at the beginning of the season. Diboll was rated #1 by most Polls yet, they had a weak team for 3A, it turned out...Now Cleveland and Newton and several others were more worthy opponents than Diboll that season, from the games and scrimmages that I observed.

<small>[ June 26, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

big69
06-26-2003, 03:34 PM
We didn't play Newton in 2000 though that would have been a good game, but we did whoop the crap out of Cleveland that year! Diboll scrimmages don't really matter because nobody is in a set position, although when Bridge City dropped down to 3A, they got better, whether 3A was easier than 4A or they decided to quit losing and become a good team once again.