PDA

View Full Version : Div.1 or Div. 2?????

mustang04
10-04-2004, 09:54 PM
OK, heres an arguement, which has the tougher teams D1 or D2?
I've argued w/ my friends from wylie about this plenty of times, and i say just cuz a team goes D1, doesnt make it better than a D2 team, but they insisted. what do ya'll think?

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Not necessarily - it just means they have more kids to choose from. I hurt too much tonight to give you my district 27-3a scenario from a few weeks ago, but we had a thread then.

mustang04
10-04-2004, 09:59 PM
EXACTLY, last year, when we played Wylie, we beat them pretty good, but my friends from wylie say they woulda beat us if we woulda met in the playoffs cuz they went further in the playoffs and they were D1 and we (sweetwater mustangs) went D2, but i told them that that didnt necessarily mean the teams they played were better than the teams we played, i dunno i think that it alternates from year to year

wildstangs
10-04-2004, 10:00 PM
For the whole state, I would say D1 has been tougher over the last few years. But for Region 1, I would say its about even. I think last years D2 in Region 1 was much tougher than D1.

wildstangs
10-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Sweetwater manhandled 3 of the better teams in Division 1 last year. (Wylie, Graham, and Snyder) I think Sweetwater would have had a legit shot at winning Region 1 Division 1 last year. Of course there is no way of knowing now.

mustang04
10-04-2004, 10:03 PM
tis true, great point wildstangs

sinton66
10-04-2004, 10:09 PM
There are arguments and discussions that support both views, but generally speaking, D1 has always been tough. Sinton has never had any choice but to go D1, and we end up playing teams with almost 900 kids compared to our 617. We don't do badly against them, but just haven't managed a win against some of the better ones. Next realignment may change things for us, Ingleside's coming on strong in enrollment. We'd LOVE to be able to go D2 for a change.;)

mustang04
10-04-2004, 10:12 PM
yeah, i have a question...last year, i cant remember, did monahans make the playoffs, and if so werent they D1?

TheDOCTORdre
10-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Ya Snyder beat them

sirhc11
10-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
There are arguments and discussions that support both views, but generally speaking, D1 has always been tough. Sinton has never had any choice but to go D1, and we end up playing teams with almost 900 kids compared to our 617. We don't do badly against them, but just haven't managed a win against some of the better ones. Next realignment may change things for us, Ingleside's coming on strong in enrollment. We'd LOVE to be able to go D2 for a change.;)

How would you like to play a team with 900+ enrollment and have a school of only about 350? Well Clyde plays Abilene Wylie every year during district. No wonder Clyde is always the underdogs. Wylie is 3 times as big!!! No excuses though we took care of them last year, and look forward to this year's meeting.

mustang04
10-04-2004, 10:23 PM
no offense sirch11, but i think wylie was having an off game against yall last year, BUT, yall still won and thats what counts, we dont have that many ppl either, makes me kinda sad haha:p

SintonFan
10-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Unfortunately for Ingleside, the current rumor has the homeport there closing after the next round of base closure meetings.:(
That would kill that local area.:o

PPHSfan
10-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by sirhc11
How would you like to play a team with 900+ enrollment and have a school of only about 350? Well Clyde plays Abilene Wylie every year during district. No wonder Clyde is always the underdogs. Wylie is 3 times as big!!! No excuses though we took care of them last year, and look forward to this year's meeting.

You can make your point without exaggerating.

While close, even 3A has not had that much disparity.

Last year 900+ would have put you in 4A, and this year 350 puts you in 2A. And three times 350 is 1050 which has NEVER been a 3A number.

stangcenter60
10-04-2004, 11:42 PM
i think that the past couple of years we might have done a little better if we went D1...idk....one of those things that u can never know....

sinton66
10-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Unfortunately for Ingleside, the current rumor has the homeport there closing after the next round of base closure meetings.:(
That would kill that local area.:o

I've heard of that, but saw a report the other night where the Texas reps are saying it's news to them. Could happen in 2009 when the Nav changes it's methods for handling mines and such. Heard they're considering going to unmanned countermeasures.

SintonFan
10-04-2004, 11:48 PM
2009? If it happens then, that time would allow for other businneses to come in and maybe soften the blow some.
It would be a shame to lose that base. It has really helped that area.

Phil C
10-05-2004, 08:59 AM
It would really hurt Ingleside and probably Aransas Pass too to a certain extent. It is hard to believe they would close it after the millions of dollars they have spent on it but hey - sleep tight America - your tax dollars are (aren't) at work! :)