PDA

View Full Version : Wharton @ Needville: Thoughts?

raider red 2000
10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
what are the thoughts on Wharton at Needville.

BULLRUSH
10-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Wharton needs to win or all the hype will turn out to be....
just hype. Look out for the Bluejay def. They will get after y'all. Don't know if they can catch the Tigers, but they better be ready.

IHStangFan
10-04-2004, 11:59 AM
i'll be anxious to see how this turns out.

4x100jackets
10-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Anxious about what? Getting an @$$ kicking....How many kids run under a 4.7 in the whole Needville Bluejay program ? Compared to Wharton.....PLEASE.. THIS will be no contest for the Tigers... Then they have Sweeny who has lots of speed next week...0-2 for the Jays.....sorry......

IHStangFan
10-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
Anxious about what? Getting an @$$ kicking....How many kids run under a 4.7 in the whole Needville Bluejay program ? Compared to Wharton.....PLEASE.. THIS will be no contest for the Tigers... Then they have Sweeny who has lots of speed next week...0-2 for the Jays.....sorry...... that right there is want makes me anxious....i love to see loudmouths get their @sses stomped in. Good luck Needville. a silent champion is a true champion...nobody likes a blowhard bragard.

war-town
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
tigers are bang up because they are playing both ways of. and def.They have our #1 QB playing def. punt returns kick off returns ect.Tigers should start using those seniors and jrs. on the sidelines wasting away good talent then those soph.Thats pitifull!! Any way tigers will win against bluejays even hurt.

raider red 2000
10-04-2004, 12:58 PM
war-town.....since apparently you think that you are such a good judge of talent what help is there on the sidelines? i once heard that you should try to put your best athletes on the field....if that means kids playing multiple positions then the coaches will do that. do you think that the coaches just put out 11 kids and say go play.....coaches all over the state work countless hours trying to get the kids prepared to succeed.

what do you think is more important:1) coaches giving the kids a chance to win, by putting out the best kids or 2) coaches playing everybody and the team not being successful.

Hoss
10-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Needville is down and Wharton is fast...
Wharton 55
Needville 0

RiverRatDad
10-04-2004, 02:06 PM
I think Wharton will have its hands full. I've heard Needville compares to Fredericksburg size and speed wise, and hopefully we can cut down on mistakes and get after them. The Billies played back and made us run, and I expect Needville to do the same. I thought the defense played pretty well, holding them to 233 yards. The 100 yard kickoff return and the onside kick is what really hurt. We have to cut back on the int's - 3 last week in 17 attempts puts the defense in a lot of holes. The Tigers have played a tough schedule, so hopefully we are ready to get after the Jays in the district opener. Good Luck Wharton!

FbCoachB40
10-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey War-town! I guess in an attempt to make all the parents happy, the coaches should caoch the varsity like a freshman team. That would make it possible for every player, even your son to get on the field. At least I am assuming that you are making a plea for yours or someone elses kid. I haven't seen much talent not being used. I think that the coaches this year are utilizing as many players as they can. That is why you see sophs on the field. I think the sophs that play were brought up from JV because they are more talented than the juniors on the sideline. YOU tell me what number should be on the field before these soph. Don't be afraid to give exact names and numbers of who should play. Either put up or have a "biscuit'.

scrub c
10-06-2004, 08:01 AM
whurten wins on a couple of "big plays"...
have not seen either play this year, but have to go with the speed of whurten.

pancho villa
10-06-2004, 08:14 AM
jays are to slow to stay with the speed of the Wharton High Tigers.

raider red 2000
10-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Hey War-town! I guess in an attempt to make all the parents happy, the coaches should caoch the varsity like a freshman team. Don't be afraid to give exact names and numbers of who should play. Either put up or have a "biscuit'.

ha ha that is funny....

LogieJoeBean001
10-06-2004, 09:45 AM
How many of you who are talking about talent and getting to play versus not getting to play have actually talked to the players themselves. I have and some very, very talented young men who were moved up to varsity from jv are in fact sitting on the sidelines and are frustrated and bored just sitting on the sidelines. No, I do not have a son playing hs football, so it is not that with me. These same young men were getting quite a bit of playing time on jv and had some of the best talent I've seen in a while at the high school level. I too feel that if a few more were played, substituted in and out, then all the players might be kept a little fresher throughout the entire game. It is a scary thought for the qb to be playing defense and some other positions. One bad hit and the entire season could be over for him. I'd just want to protect him as much as possible and keep him especially as fresh as possible throughout the game. And besides, why not play some of these talented boys who have moved up from jv. It just might surprise a lot of people. We all know everybody scouts everybody else, so throw something at the other team that they are not expecting, that's all! I'm not complaining one way or the other, a win is a win, however many kids are played or not. I would like to see, which may happen as the season goes on, for more of the younger boys to be given some playing time at varsity level in order to gain some playing experience this year so that they would have a better idea as to what is going to be expected of them next year. You can have all of the talent in the world, but talent isn't worth a thing without experience to go along with it.

LogieJoeBean001
10-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
that right there is want makes me anxious....i love to see loudmouths get their @sses stomped in. Good luck Needville. a silent champion is a true champion...nobody likes a blowhard bragard.

Here again, look at the number of posts for this jerk. A Rookie with only 7. I'd bet everything you have that this person is not even a Wharton person. Just someone with not much to do but start trouble. If they are from Wharton, then shame on them. Don't we all have one or two jerks from our towns that make the rest of us from that same town look bad? Don't judge a whole team or town by what one poster running their mouth says.

FbCoachB40
10-06-2004, 02:39 PM
I agree with you Joe Bean. The young talented kids should get their feet wet. I feel that is what the coaches are doing. Many sophs. got moved up, and are playing on sp teams. That is a great place to start. War-town wants to take away their playing time, and give it to jrs and srs who aren't as talented. i say play the young guys as much as possible. The past two weeks our opponents haven't had jv and fresh teams I was told. That is why there are so many kids not playing. This week Wharton plays three games again. If there are kids on the varsity not getting to play, they should ask to be moved doen to the JV. I heard that one kid already did that this week. The problem is in most programs that kids would rather SIT on varsity than PLAY on JV

LogieJoeBean001
10-08-2004, 05:59 AM
Friday is finally here and here's a good luck wish to the Wharton varsity tonight! I hope you guys can continue what the freshman and jv started last night, both winners over Needville, 14-6 and 26-6, respectively. Let's go Tigers. Tonight is when it really all starts to matter. Forget all the other games and get YOUR game on tonight. I'll try and be there. You guys need to remember that no one is going to be a pushover. Everyone wants to win, it's just a matter of who wants it the most and stays focused the most.

GO BIG BLUE!

pancho villa
10-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Wharton is playing the lower teir team tonite their time is coming.

BULLRUSH
10-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

I wouldn't call the Bluejays lower tier just yet. You better take district one game at a time. I have seen several teams look too far down the road and not see the road block in front of them. I agree that Wharton's offense is extremely explosive, but has their defense improved? That is what is going to get them down the road. Good luck to the Tigers and the Jays.

pancho villa
10-08-2004, 09:53 AM
needville might beat palacious other than that 0fer

mojoman
10-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Needville will play hard for 48 minutes. They are a well coached and diciplined team. Wharton should prevail, but the game isn't played on paper nor in cyber space. For those of you upset with the Wharton coaches. How many of you have put a team on the field for the whole area to see? How many of you actually know the kids that are on the team?

LogieJoeBean001
10-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by mojoman
Needville will play hard for 48 minutes. They are a well coached and diciplined team. Wharton should prevail, but the game isn't played on paper nor in cyber space. For those of you upset with the Wharton coaches. How many of you have put a team on the field for the whole area to see? How many of you actually know the kids that are on the team?

I have never put a team on the field, but I know 95% or more of the boys on the team. So what exactly is your point? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

LogieJoeBean001
10-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa

I don't know exactly what your point is, but since you're in Brazoria county and not Wharton county, please don't be trying to start trouble for us! I hope everyone sees that you are from Brazoria and not Wharton and takes what you are saying with a grain of salt.

LogieJoeBean001
10-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by BULLRUSH
but has their defense improved?

I'd like to an answer to that question too. Wharton has had some pretty awesome offenses for the past few years, but the defense continually leaves a lot to be desired. It seems to be this way year in and year out. The defense gives up waaaayyy too many points to really be serious contenders, I hate to say. It really bothers me to say this, but all you have to do is look at scores over the years and it speaks for itself. Perhaps it could be the playing of kids on both sides of the ball too much? After awhile, you'd think that there would be some different approaches tried, but alas, the same thing year end and year out. I don't know if the coaches are too set in their ways or are afraid to try new things, but the old ways, for the defense anyway, are just not WORKING!!! There sure needs to be a whole lot of improvement in the secondary. Geez, what about being responsible for your coverage, but keeping an eye on the ball and following wherever the ball goes. Just go for whoever is carrying the ball. I'll get off my soap box now. I've got a ball game to go to!

Good luck everyone tonight and may everyone have a safe journey.

bc 76
10-08-2004, 06:17 PM
I agree they need to change the defense to fit the players they have, but its never going to happen so Wharton only way to win is to out score the other team.Its a shame to have so much talent year in and year out only to give up so many yds rushing,and this goes back to the Cuero,Burnet games of last year. If this team wants to make a long playoff run and they have the talent to make it to the region 4 championship game the defense needs to improve.

RiverRatDad
10-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Wharton 21
Needville 0

End of 1st Qtr

RiverRatDad
10-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Wharton 30
Needville 0

End of First Half

RiverRatDad
10-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Wharton 44
Needville 0

Half time stats

Wharton 307 yards - 166 rushing, 141 passing
Needville 40 yards - 27 rushing, 13 passing

Young guys playing now.

FbCoachB40
10-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Joe Bean, you are a JOKE! Have you ever coached any sport at all? You just point out the problems, and don't give any solutions. Are you related to Ross Perot? He did the same thing in '92. Watching the game the other night against Needville. I realized that there are only TWO, count them 2, players on Whartons team that start both ways. Whoever #2 is, plays alot on both sides of the ball, but doesn't start offense. #31 starts both ways, but #30 has been taking on a larger roll in the offense. #66 has been playing most of the snaps on offense for #57, who is the only 2-way starter besides #31. SHUT UP!!!!!!!

BU97
10-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Yes! Thank you FBCoachB! Couldn't have said it better myself!

raider red 2000
10-12-2004, 10:09 AM
OUTSTANDING!!!

FbCoachB40
10-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Aw, Bu97, you don't have to call me FbCoachB. From now on we are a first name basis. Call me, B40 or "Neuwanda"