PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Navasota

elhs
10-04-2004, 10:10 AM
What is everyones thoughts on this matchup.

Go Raiders!!!

Chris' Agent
10-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Didn't we already go through this...Navasota wins it in a muddy slopfest...28-14...Navasota has never lost in a slopfest...Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain...then turn on the sprinklers...

Hoss
10-04-2004, 10:50 AM
should be a great match up...Both have tough defenses. Navasota Offense is better than Rice.
Navasota 28
Rice 10

Bellville22
10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Should be a great D20 matchup. Navasota is the favorite to take the district, but Rice is capable of playing good ball and pulling the upset. Navasota's offense has been rolling lately behind the one-two punch of RB Smith and QB Martin. One of the better running tandems in the state. They'll have their hands full against the Raiders though. Rice has arguably the best DE combo in the state in King and Shaw. If they can disrupt the Navasota option game, and maybe cause a few turnovers, they'll certainly have a chance.

Much of Rice's success will come on the back of RB Charles Huffman. The district's best RB has continued to post big numbers, just as he did last year. Last I saw he was averaging around 10 yards per carry. Navasota's D isn't as talented as their O, so they could have problems slowing Huffman.

Navasota has played only one away game this year, and the Swamp is not an easy place to go in and get a win. I expect a closer game than what the rankings or lines might predict. I think Rice has the kind of team that can match up w/ the Rattlers, especially if they can get a big game from their DE's. Again, turnovers will be huge in this game! I'll take Navasota in a close one on the road...

Navasota 31
Rice Cons. 26

texcaj
10-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Actually, Navasota has played two away games this year. One in Tyler vs. Tex Lib Eyalu, and one in Gatesville, which is a pretty tough place to play.

Bellville22
10-04-2004, 11:15 AM
My bad.

Bull's-eye
10-04-2004, 12:03 PM
I'll take Navasota in this one. Rice has to jump out early on the Rattlers and force them to play catch-up. Navasota's offense is too good controlling the clock and protecting the lead with the running of Chris Smith. Never count Rice out with their very dangerous RB Huffman.

CHSBaseball07
10-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Navasota by 10 or 17

G.A.T.A 2008
10-04-2004, 08:09 PM
I take the RAIDERS in this one. Just the fact of the DE is playing so well this year.

Rice 21
Navasota 17

GATA

clayalan
10-04-2004, 08:40 PM
there are 9 other players on the field, it will take more than just DE to stop NHS running game. Remeber they can always turn to their passing game which is just as capable of the running game. Rice is very good but Navasota is hungry and highly motivated. Going to be a very good game, I'm looking forward to going, Navasota over Rice.

Speed24
10-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Ya'll give so much hype to the DE's, but with chris smith being 218 lbs he's a power back, and will pound the middle, the DE might handle the outside, and be able to contain Scott during a passing situation. This will either be a close game or a blow out. Either team is capable of scoring on one play. But i'm going to go with Navasota, their strentgh will over power rice. Yeah rice has an excellent back in huffman, but navasota can play D also.

Nav- 42
Rice-17

strike hard
10-04-2004, 10:06 PM
This is going to be a great game. Both teams are very good, and Rice is better than people might think. It is going to be a great one on Friday.

Go Big Blue!!!

JettJenkins04
10-04-2004, 10:52 PM
This is going to be a great game. Wish I was at the swamp to see this one but anyway, play every down like it's your last because you never know when your time is up untill it is. So on that note Goodluck and lets write this one in the books so we can party on Saturday. Rice by a hard fought td.

Go Raiders:D

Raider4ever
10-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by clayalan
there are 9 other players on the field, it will take more than just DE to stop NHS running game.

I thought there was 11 people on a field at one time? Unless he is talking about the two defensive ends. That must be it anyways G'Luck RicE!

JettJenkins04
10-05-2004, 12:37 AM
9+2= 11 come on shaggy, know what your talking about.:D Just kidding you know I :inlove: you.

JettJenkins04
10-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Oh yeah Go Raiders

elhs
10-05-2004, 10:09 AM
ttt