PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Rice vs. Navasota

escape
10-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Who will win in Navasota vs. Rice Consol in Altair?

-#60's Agent

escape
10-04-2004, 09:44 AM
(getting it back to the top)

NHSRattler60
10-04-2004, 03:29 PM
A little info on the game:

In Altair, rain expected. Now vote

TINK07
10-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Altair in the rain? The vote will go to Rice. The rain only makes a better game for the Raiders! Let it rain, let it rain!!

Gobbla2001
10-04-2004, 04:54 PM
I'll take the Rattlers in the rain, in Altair...

G.A.T.A 2008
10-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
A little info on the game:

In Altair, rain expected. Now vote

Is this Morgan!

Texas Aggie
10-04-2004, 10:04 PM
I think Rice is going to win this one. They should be 4-0 but they lost against Yoakum because Rice did not have a QB. I know a lot of the players because I go to school with them, they will not give up, especially at home.

JettJenkins04
10-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Go Raiders

Goldenstick
10-04-2004, 11:06 PM
I like Navasota in this one!!!

Raider4ever
10-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by G.A.T.A 2008
Is this Morgan!

Is who Morgan?

CheerMom
10-05-2004, 11:59 AM
ttt

Chris' Agent
10-05-2004, 01:09 PM
TEXAS AGGIE, you say Rice should be undefeated but they lost because they didn't have a QB...well...why does it matter who the qb is if all you guys have to do is hand it to the rb...

briefcase
10-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Did not have a QB? They had 2 that night and all the talk before the game was that it did not matter who was at QB b/c Huffman was going to run all over Yoakum. Go back and read all the posts!:kiss:

Chris' Agent
10-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Briefcase...you think you are arguing with me...but...we are actually on the same side of the punch...you kissin' F;) ;) L...

BlueBlood
10-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Looks like Navasota in most opinions.
Rice--8
Navasota--24

NHSRattler60
10-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Sorry, but I'm bored and all the games i can get to, suck, so I'm posting.

So were going to "THE SWAMP" (lol). I'm extremely intimidated. (Note the sarcasm in my voice.)

Chris' Agent
10-05-2004, 03:18 PM
I can't tell what your voice sounds like on the computer whiz kid...:D ...whats up buddy...

scotty
10-05-2004, 07:33 PM
If you look at the Rice program, it’s unbelievable how far they have come. When the Roarks and Dumont took over that program they couldn’t even spell WIN. But how that has changed.
Before they had only three trips to the ply offs. And it took them a couple of years to get it going, but since they have been there every season.
And each year they play against district competition that has about double of their enrollment. That same scenario takes place Friday night.
Navasota’s depth and talent should prevail, but I can also remember the Rattlers falling to a very weak Columbus team a couple of years ago.
If I remember correctly Columbus scored more points that night than they were able to in all of their district games combined.
Rice is the underdog and I believe the underdog will win.

neck_06
10-05-2004, 07:36 PM
navasota by 14

Texas Aggie
10-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Rice that night had two QBs. Neither of them had much experience. Yes, Huffman can do a lot by himself, but when one to the QBs throws two picks in the game, things can change. Unlike previous years, Rice does not have a solid, good back-up QB. Rice will win this one. They have way too much support at home to fall to a visiting district opponent, if Rice is healthy.
Rice-49
Navasota-24

flourface
10-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Rice by a td

briefcase
10-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Chris' Agent
Briefcase...you think you are arguing with me...but...we are actually on the same side of the punch...you kissin' F;) ;) L...

I was referring to the same person you were. I was not disagreeing with you.:doh:

Speed24
10-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by scotty
If you look at the Rice program, it’s unbelievable how far they have come. When the Roarks and Dumont took over that program they couldn’t even spell WIN. But how that has changed.
Before they had only three trips to the ply offs. And it took them a couple of years to get it going, but since they have been there every season.
And each year they play against district competition that has about double of their enrollment. That same scenario takes place Friday night.
Navasota’s depth and talent should prevail, but I can also remember the Rattlers falling to a very weak Columbus team a couple of years ago.
If I remember correctly Columbus scored more points that night than they were able to in all of their district games combined.
Rice is the underdog and I believe the underdog will win.

A very weak columbus team?...I don't think so. We had an excellent defense with size in the middle and speed on the outside. Our offense was a slight weakness but we did get the job done. In order to make the playoffs we had to beat navasota by 17..did that exactly. We played very well that night. Our team had great potential but the coaching was somewhere else that year. Navasota is a very very strong team this year and they will win this one big.

Nav-35
Rice-13

clayalan
10-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Rice is the underdog and I believe the underdog will win. Uh a couple years ago Navasota was on the rebuilding side of their program also. If you dont remeber Navasota hadnt made the playoffs in a long time till Burk came along, His first year they made the playoffs and gone ever since, the year before I think they were 1-9. But what does that have to do with THIS FRIDAY 2004. 2 years ago against Columbus means CRAP. I dont thikn Navasota is worried about a game 2 years ago and neither is Rice. Scotty you need to think things through before you make any more posts.

Raider4ever
10-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by clayalan
Uh a couple years ago Navasota was on the rebuilding side of their program also. If you dont remeber Navasota hadnt made the playoffs in a long time till Burk came along, His first year they made the playoffs and gone ever since

It seems to me its not really hard to make it to the playoffs anymore with 3 team from each district. Thats just my thought and that goes for every distirct. Same Goes for Rice.

G.A.T.A 2008
10-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Raider4ever
Is who Morgan?
Are you Morgan or Tink07

scotty
10-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Taking nothing away from Coach Burke and the success he is having at Navasota, there is something you need to look at about their success and that is dropping from 4A to 3A.
Through the years they have had numbers and athletes in NHS. Maybe there were many who did not play, and if Burke was able to get them out, credit to him.
On the other hand Rice is a very small Class 3A school and they were only a few students above the limit from dropping to 2A during the last count.
Their current coaching staff and the one before utilized just about every boy-athlete in that school and that is a great accomplishment.
Their success story comes with wins over pretty good programs with numbers like Wharton, Sweeny and Cuero.

Raider4ever
10-06-2004, 06:59 PM
No, I'm Russell Hadley. I have a girlfriend named morgan but I don't think she reads these fourms. Anyways G'Luck Raiders!!!

Raider4ever
10-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Speed24
A very weak columbus team?...I don't think so. We had an excellent defense with size in the middle and speed on the outside. Our offense was a slight weakness but we did get the job done. In order to make the playoffs we had to beat navasota by 17..did that exactly. We played very well that night. Our team had great potential but the coaching was somewhere else that year. Navasota is a very very strong team this year and they will win this one big.

Nav-35
Rice-13

Hey Speed, Win it big huh? How come you haven't posted sence this last post of yours? Anyways I can't wait till we win it big this coming friday!