Wtx_coach
10-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Monahans 2-3
Ft.Stockton 2-3
Greenwood 1-4
Pecos 1-4
Lamesa 1-4
Seminole 1-4

This district is shaping up to be intersting for the simple fact I really beleive no one right now is playing good football to be a clear favorite. Monahans is wishy washy so far but Coach Hanna always does a excellent job for district. Greenwood will get going in district but I really beleive you have to be able to throw the ball a little bit more then they have been doing. Ft.Stcokton might be a suprise team saying that they have lost 3 games by a total of five points and leads west texas in rushing yards. Pecos has talent and opens up with Lamesa then Seminole if the eagels can start of 2-0 they might have a shot for a playoff spot. Seminole is stuggling bad and can not get nothing going on offense, and Lamesa is stuggling badly. I guess heres my picks for the playoff spots in no exact order, Greenwood , Ft.Stockton and Monahans. What are you guys opinions?

Black_Magic
10-04-2004, 09:01 AM
switch Monahans and Ft Stocton and I think your right on.

Wtx_coach
10-04-2004, 09:53 AM
I would agree with you, I didnt put them in a exact order, those are just the 3 teams that I think that will make the playoffs.

Wtx_coach
10-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach
I would agree with you, I didnt put them in a exact order, those are just the 3 teams that I think that will make the playoffs out of the district.

Ranger Mom
10-04-2004, 10:04 AM
I think (or hope anyway) we will see Greenwood pass more in the next few games.

Little Wilber has a couple of games under his belt and seems to calming down and getting more confident with each game.

However it all turns out, this will be nothing but a positive experience for him...IMO!!

GWOOD
10-04-2004, 10:15 AM
This district race could be crazy. My picks:

1. Midland Greenwood-Survived hard non-district schedule. Looked impressive in 42-7 win over Ballinger. As usual, they have several hard nosed players making things happen. But they are so young. That scares me.

2. Monahans-Good wins over Brownfield & Midland Christian, played well in losses to Merkel & Andrews. But I have not heard an explanation for the 42-12 waxing by 2A Colorado City. Sure, C-City is a Top 20 team in a couple of 2A polls, but ...42-12!

3. Fort Stockton-Good wins over a below average 4A team (EPBurges) and an average 2A team (Ozona). All three losses to 2A schools (Kermit, Crane, C-City). Has their schedule prepared them for district?

4. Pecos-Good win over D-City in opener. Nothing good since.

5. Lamesa-Have given up 40+ points three games in a row to 3a schools from the north.

6. Seminole-38 points scored in 5 games. Only win was a 6-0 score over below average 2A team.

lobo12
10-04-2004, 10:19 AM
i think monahans, greenwood, and stockton will go to the playoffs but pecos could surprise some people. i think if monahans plays like they did against midland christian they will win the district