PDA

View Full Version : Over on Jerry's Board...

IHStangFan
10-04-2004, 08:40 AM
i was reading a thread that pertained to Zapata, and i agree w/ what was said about Zapata in the past....they would go 10-0 and then get beat out of the playoffs in the first round by La Feria, and then La Feria would get stomped by Sinton.....this year is different...ive seen Sinton play...and i've seen Zapata play...and as much as it pains me to say so...Zapata would not only give Sinton a run, i think they'd hand Sinton their butts. but thats just my opinion. carry on :)

* edited to add...hopefully come playoff time we'll get to see this game

pirate4state
10-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Which game did you see Sinton play?

IHStangFan
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
ive seen more than a few Sinton games over the past few years...and they are not the team they were a few years ago...this much i know is true. they are good...but they arent AS good as they once were. again...Zapata would give Sinton a heck of a game this year if they were to meet up. sorry if that hurts your feelings.

pirate4state
10-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
ive seen more than a few Sinton games over the past few years... This does not answer my question. Which game this year have you seen Sinton play?
..and they are not the team they were a few years ago... well duh! :rolleyes:
they are good...but they arent AS good as they once were. how do you know?
again...Zapata would give Sinton a heck of a game this year if they were to meet up. thats your opinion.
sorry if that hurts your feelings. Why would it hurt my feelings?? :thinking: LOL

Old Green
10-04-2004, 04:30 PM
i was reading a thread that pertained to Zapata, and i agree w/ what was said about Zapata in the past....they would go 10-0 and then get beat out of the playoffs in the first round by La Feria, and then La Feria would get stomped by Sinton.....this year is different...ive seen Sinton play...and i've seen Zapata play...and as much as it pains me to say so...Zapata would not only give Sinton a run, i think they'd hand Sinton their butts. but thats just my opinion. carry on :)

* edited to add...hopefully come playoff time we'll get to see this game For once I have to diagree with you IHStangFan. Sinton is very good. Ramirez is deadly when it comes to passing. He has a host of recievers that can Catch and run with the ball. Franco and Collins are good strong runners and are hard to stop and very elusive and they're just juniors also. The Pirate defense is quick and fast and can hang with anyone. I don't think Zapata though they are a good team can beat Sinton.:)

pirate4state
10-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
For once I have to diagree with you IHStangFan. Sinton is very good. Ramirez is deadly when it comes to passing. He has a host of recievers that can Catch and run with the ball. Franco and Collins are good strong runners and are hard to stop and very elusive and they're just juniors also. The Pirate defense is quick and fast and can hang with anyone. I don't think Zapata though they are a good team can beat Sinton.:) Thanks for the :thumbsup: Old! ;) Sadly, Franco is a senior this year, but Collins will be back next year! :D Everything else sounds right!! :D :D

Gobbla2001
10-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I haven't seen Zapata play, so I can't say that Sinton 'will' beat 'em...

But I will tell you a little bit about 'em...

This is prolly the best Sinton team I've seen in person, and I saw their '00 team (because of them I didn't suit up the next week AKA they knocked us out), their '02 team, their '03 team and at last the '04 team...

They're not as big as they were in '00 or '02 (I assume '01 as well), but they are 'quicker'...

They do not have the Alaniz boys starring on the O and D, but they look 'really really' good all around...

Last year we beat Sinton 32-6 IN Sinton... This year we beat 'em 35-28 in Cuero... They are MUCH improved, so there is no way that they're down from last year...

I also believe by playoff time that their tough schedule (play #1 in 3A and #2 in 4A) will help them get through tougher teams...

I'll stick with Sinton because I like 'em, they're prolly my fav. team in 3A outside of Cuero...

Not taking anything away from Zapata at all, haven't seen 'em play, there's just something about the Pie-Rats this year...

Sinton94
10-04-2004, 05:28 PM
ive seen more than a few Sinton games over the past few years...and they are not the team they were a few years ago...this much i know is true. they are good...but they arent AS good as they once were. again...Zapata would give Sinton a heck of a game this year if they were to meet up. sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Answer the question Kerry with facts not feelings and wishful thinking!

What does Zapata have to do with anything??? This team will make a name for itself on the field just like all Sinton teams before them. Give us your thoughts after the Ingleside / Sinton game.

Sinton94
10-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I haven't seen Zapata play, so I can't say that Sinton 'will' beat 'em...

But I will tell you a little bit about 'em...

This is prolly the best Sinton team I've seen in person, and I saw their '00 team (because of them I didn't suit up the next week AKA they knocked us out), their '02 team, their '03 team and at last the '04 team...

They're not as big as they were in '00 or '02 (I assume '01 as well), but they are 'quicker'...

They do not have the Alaniz boys starring on the O and D, but they look 'really really' good all around...

Last year we beat Sinton 32-6 IN Sinton... This year we beat 'em 35-28 in Cuero... They are MUCH improved, so there is no way that they're down from last year...

I also believe by playoff time that their tough schedule (play #1 in 3A and #2 in 4A) will help them get through tougher teams...

I'll stick with Sinton because I like 'em, they're prolly my fav. team in 3A outside of Cuero...

Not taking anything away from Zapata at all, haven't seen 'em play, there's just something about the Pie-Rats this year...

THANKS Gobbla and I have to say the same thing about Cuero! But believe it or not they are actually bigger, but not faster. And their is an Alaniz (Andres / sohp.) on the team at LB that's their younger brother and he is good!

Gobbla2001
10-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
THANKS Gobbla and I have to say the same thing about Cuero! But believe it or not they are actually bigger, but not faster. And their is an Alaniz (Andres / sohp.) on the team at LB that's their younger brother and he is good!

All around I believe they are quicker...

Bigger?

Huh? That D in '00 was huge...

Gobbla2001
10-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Your sig, IHS, I was watching the SNL top momments stuff on E! yesterday and was thinking about using that as my sig...

Ha!

Great minds thing alike...

Or do average ones thing alike as well?

Sinton94
10-04-2004, 05:44 PM
True. I was talking about the OL.

IHStangFan
10-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Answer the question Kerry with facts not feelings and wishful thinking!

What does Zapata have to do with anything??? This team will make a name for itself on the field just like all Sinton teams before them. Give us your thoughts after the Ingleside / Sinton game. ah come on...no need for that ;) i think Ingleside is gonna play Sinton harder than you seem to think.....WOW i didnt mean to ruffle so many tail feathers.......sure woke up the hornet's nest! i just think Zapata is under-rated thats all.

SintonFan
10-04-2004, 07:24 PM
No feathers ruffled here. I think Ingleside finally playing to their potential is a great thing. Having a more competitive district benefits all who make the playoffs. I hope the Sinton-Ingleside game is a good game. Both teams will be better for it.:clap:
Thanks for the love from my Cuero friends...:)

IHStangFan
10-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
No feathers ruffled here. I think Ingleside finally playing to their potential is a great thing. Having a more competitive district benefits all who make the playoffs. I hope the Sinton-Ingleside game is a good game. Both teams will be better for it.:clap:
Thanks for the love from my Cuero friends...:) yup...the district is alot more balanced this year for the first time in several years...should be interesting to watch, i'm looking forward to it :)

44INAROW
10-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Your sig, IHS, I was watching the SNL top momments stuff on E! yesterday and was thinking about using that as my sig...

Ha!

Great minds thing alike...

Or do average ones thing alike as well?

Gobbla I was ROFL watching the SNL on E! when they showed the Chippendale skit with Patrick Swayze and Chris Farley.. kept thinking of your Avatar

Gobbla2001
10-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Gobbla I was ROFL watching the SNL on E! when they showed the Chippendale skit with Patrick Swayze and Chris Farley.. kept thinking of your Avatar

Ha... I have the 'best of chris farley' cd in my dvd player right now, has that one on it... ahhh

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2004, 09:12 PM
I love that one. I just had such a difficult time figuring out which of them was hotter. I mean, Patrick looks pretty darn good, but Chris....what can I say? :kiss:

pirate4state
10-05-2004, 09:27 AM
ah come on...no need for that ;) i think Ingleside is gonna play Sinton harder than you seem to think.....WOW i didnt mean to ruffle so many tail feathers.......sure woke up the hornet's nest! i just think Zapata is under-rated thats all. You still didn't answer my question, but that's ok. I'm sure the Sinton/Ingleside game will be a huge game this year, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. This week I'm concerned about the unknown -- Goliad. I'm w/ SintonFan there are no "ruffled tail feathers", but you did wake up a hornet's nest. :D :cool:

veer option
10-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Zapata is not going to beat Sinton this year. I have seen them play and like it or not they are a little dirty.