PDA

View Full Version : Shipley Shipley Shipley............

bd0707
11-01-2002, 09:52 AM
I know alot of people get tired of hearing about Jordan Shipley.(mostly opponents)But let me tell ya folks, this kid is the real deal. Remember the name so you can someday say " I saw him when....".In todays Austin American Statesman there is a feature artcicle by sportswriter Rick Cantu, that tries to convey the excitement that football brings to our community.
["We added 1,000 extra seats to the stadium and we still don't have enough room for everybody. We have people who get here at 5:15 (more than two hours before kickoff) on game days."

About 4,800 people fit in the metal bleachers of Bulldog Field. This season, standing-room-only crowds have exceeded 7,000. Not bad for a community of 4,375 people.]

I graduated highschool in southern Calif. from a school whose enrollment was very close to the population of this entire town! A Burnet home game is truly an event unparalleled by anything I ever saw as a student.

While football rules here, this is not a one dimensional community, all activities are strongly supported, and equally respected.As Jordan Shipley will continue to bring a growing notoriety to Burnet, so too will many other future leaders grounded with a strong sense of "Spirit,Pride and Honor". Go Bulldogs! you ROCK!

Old Dog
11-01-2002, 03:45 PM
bd0707, thanks for the nice comments. As a native of the area, it's hard to put myself "outside" the bottle so to speak. I feel just as you, but wonder if I view Burnet with too much bias. This area must be a great place to live, because there sure seem to be lots of folks that want to come here (and most are really fine additions).

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Chris Hart
11-01-2002, 04:20 PM
It's because the Hill Country is God's country, it's the most beautiful area in Texas IMO. The Bulldogs are just enough to top it all off. Go Get em BULLDAWGS!