PDA

View Full Version : Red River Shoot-out!

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I hope they make the point that not only are these the best two RB's in the nation, but they are both from Texas...

OK couldn't win without Texans on their teams

3afan
10-03-2004, 10:24 AM
thats absolutely true ... go Texas!

gobbler grad
10-03-2004, 10:31 AM
I hope the Longhorns just run all over the Sooners. Benson is a great running back.

GO LONGHORNS

Bullaholic
10-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Texas better win this year, or Mack Brown better have a "For Sale" sign handy for his house.

Mandy
10-03-2004, 11:51 AM
so you're implying it's wrong to like the sooners right?

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Mandy
so you're implying it's wrong to like the sooners right?

No, it's just like liking Texas, 'cept mixed with some Okies...

Just 'better' to like Texas...

Mandy
10-03-2004, 11:53 AM
but not even 'more better' to like sooners?

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 11:56 AM
but not even 'more better' to like sooners?

Nah... they steal our athletes...

Then when they win or reach a national championship game they say "It's a great day for football IN Oklahoma" while they milk 'our' athletes...

Mandy
10-03-2004, 11:58 AM
says a lot about texas letting them go huh?

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Yulp... oh well...

Mandy
10-03-2004, 12:02 PM
don't cry, it's ok.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yulp... oh well...

It's hard to argue with a Sooner fan. :D

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Not crying... Just wondering why they call it OU...

I heard if that school in Denton wouldn't have taken the name first, OU would have been the real North Texas...

Mandy
10-03-2004, 12:04 PM
who says I'm a sooner fan?

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Good point. :D

KTJ
10-03-2004, 12:24 PM
says a lot about texas letting them go huh?

Well, UT, A&M, and Tech can only get so many athletes per year. Not to mention, we recruit them based on what we need. We can't help it that the land theives (that'd be OU) have sucky high school athletes.

And no, even if we lose this game again, Mack's job is still safe. :mad:

But folks, I will bring you updates as much as I can this week. Probably everyday until I get down there on Saturday morning. Be on the lookout!!!

bigpimpin
10-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I think OU wins this one. UT doesn't have the receivers it had last year and OU returns all but one starter on offense. I didn't get to see the highlights from the Tech-OU game but Tech's defense held them to the fewest points all year, which I thought was impossible cuz Tech has an awesome offense, but their defense....not very good. Benson is a good back but sucks in big games. UT hasn't played anybody ranked in the top 3/4 in the nation and they ain't ready.

gobbler grad
10-03-2004, 02:34 PM
With guys like Benson & Young, you don't have to throw that much. It will be a good game and probaly high scoring.

lepfan
10-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Nah... they steal our athletes...

Then when they win or reach a national championship game they say "It's a great day for football IN Oklahoma" while they milk 'our' athletes...

NOBODY STEALS ANYONE!!! Again, it is a choice the athletes make. You sound like a big baby when you say that...(just my opinion...:)

It is just another excuse!

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Yah, the athletes make the final choice, you are correct...

I know what you mean, they wanna play ball at a good school...

Go to So Cal, FSU, Miami, V-Tech, Michigan... Just don't beat UT in a confrence game without Baylor, Texas Tech or Texas A&M on your jersey and helmets...

JasperDog94
10-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
UT hasn't played anybody ranked in the top 3/4 in the nation and they ain't ready. So you would put Arkansas in the bottom 25% of all D1 schools?

RTX 14
10-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
So you would put Arkansas in the bottom 25% of all D1 schools?

Good point jasperdog, i was at the game aginst baylor, i know baylor aint saying much but they looked pretty sound on both sides of the ball, little shaky in the secondary but they can fix that before sat., so im goin with texas on saturday, good luck to them

La Grange
10-03-2004, 05:43 PM
I hope OU murders Texas...:D

Realistically though OU just dosen't seem like they have the same explosive offense they have had for they past couple of season. I pick OU to win, but not in a major blowout like last year.

OU-34
TU-13

big daddy russ
10-03-2004, 07:19 PM
I think UT puts up more points than most people give them credit for. The Sooners have had some time to scout and adjust to Vince this year, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to tackle him. Did everyone see what he did to Lehman last year??? Ouch. I wonder if Lehman ever had surgery on those ankles.

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think UT puts up more points than most people give them credit for. The Sooners have had some time to scout and adjust to Vince this year, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to tackle him. Did everyone see what he did to Lehman last year??? Ouch. I wonder if Lehman ever had surgery on those ankles.

Yah, he broke those ankles pretty good...

Honestly I believe the Horns can get a lot more done on the ground than most people think... The last couple of years the Horns have produced sub-par Olines in Austin... This year they're looking really good and blocking really well...

I also believe that OU's LB's and DB's aren't as good as they were in the past, both physically and mentally, against the run... This is where UT has a big advantage...

Gunna be a tough one though... won't lie...

PPHSfan
10-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
I hope OU murders Texas...:D

Realistically though OU just dosen't seem like they have the same explosive offense they have had for they past couple of season. I pick OU to win, but not in a major blowout like last year.

OU-34
TU-13

Hater.

TU?

And you think OU will score more points against the Texas defense than they did against Tech?

Texas is going to win this year.

Start cooking the crow if you want.

Texas 24
OU 17

Ranger05
10-03-2004, 08:13 PM
honestly from what i saw(against Texas Tech) i wasnt impressed with OU's offense or defense I think this is the year that UT turns the table on OU

KTJ
10-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
I think OU wins this one. UT doesn't have the receivers it had last year and OU returns all but one starter on offense. I didn't get to see the highlights from the Tech-OU game but Tech's defense held them to the fewest points all year, which I thought was impossible cuz Tech has an awesome offense, but their defense....not very good. Benson is a good back but sucks in big games. UT hasn't played anybody ranked in the top 3/4 in the nation and they ain't ready.

Your post makes no sense.

Who has Oklahoma played? Bowling Green? Oregon? :rolleyes:

Titans
10-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Let's face it, neither team has played very tough opponents overall. There have been some good teams, but nothing to write home to momma about.

Say what you will about Arkansas and Oregon, but neither are top 20 in my opinion, and the polls agree.

As for the UT offense (oops, running game), they can't pass very well (thank you Mr. Young) which makes it easier to defend.

As for the OU offense, they didn't explode against Tech, but Tech has 9 returners on defense and are obviously better than last year.

UT defense - I can't really tell how good (or bad) they are. Sure they held Rice, North Texas and Baylor to low point totals, but they aren't in my top 150 either.

OU defense - they held a high powered Tech offense to 13 points. That says a lot. Even though they won, they gave up 475 yards of offense, another statement....mostly passing.

In closing - OU's rush defense is better than their pass defense. UT's run game is stronger than their passing game. Something's gotta give.

OU 38
UT 27

TheDOCTORdre
10-03-2004, 11:36 PM
So is anyone else besides me actually going to the game

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Yah, but Tech, who has no running game, RAN on OU pretty well for being in a spread...

OU isn't really too impressive...

Arkansas went down to the swamp and went toe-to-toe with the Gators... they're not that shabby of a team...

Keith7
10-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Yah, but Tech, who has no running game, RAN on OU pretty well for being in a spread...

OU isn't really too impressive...

Arkansas went down to the swamp and went toe-to-toe with the Gators... they're not that shabby of a team...

Florida's offense played horrible the 2nd half.. it was 35-7 at the half.. florida shoulda won by alot more then they ended up

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Florida's offense played horrible the 2nd half.. it was 35-7 at the half.. florida shoulda won by alot more then they ended up

I guess Arkansas offense could have been horrible too instead of scoring 23 points?

Have to set yourself up for wins etc...

PPHSfan
10-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
So is anyone else besides me actually going to the game

I was going to go this year. But I decided to spend the ticket money on a new Harley Davidson instead.

IHStangFan
10-04-2004, 06:59 AM
GO HORNS!

JasperDog94
10-04-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by La Grange
TU :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: