PDA

View Full Version : Peterson or Benson

Hupernikomen
10-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Who would you rather have as your running back if you were a college coach?

CHSBaseball07
10-02-2004, 11:56 PM
BENSON EASILY......he is STRONG......FAST......HARDWORKING.....BIG.......Wh at else could you ask for?

Hupernikomen
10-03-2004, 12:29 AM
without the name in your post I coulda thought you were describing Peterson as well.

Just the fact that he is starting for OU as a true freshman speaks for itself. Has been quite impressive so far this year. I would say he looks better at this stage than Benson did, but my vote went to Benson at this moment. Next year might be a different story.

Keith7
10-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
without the name in your post I coulda thought you were describing Peterson as well.

Just the fact that he is starting for OU as a true freshman speaks for itself. Has been quite impressive so far this year. I would say he looks better at this stage than Benson did, but my vote went to Benson at this moment. Next year might be a different story.

next year Benson will be in the NFL though too ;)

Hupernikomen
10-03-2004, 01:01 AM
true true....guess I will post a Selvin Young/Adrian Peterson poll next go round :thinking:

Keith7
10-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
true true....guess I will post a Selvin Young/Adrian Peterson poll next go round :thinking:

hmm or maybe a Terrius Purvey/Adrian Peterson poll:thinking:

GoDeep
10-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Well, it sounds like Purvey might end up goin' the JUCO route he doesnt get his act together.

3afan
10-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
hmm or maybe a Terrius Purvey/Adrian Peterson poll:thinking:

you're kidding, right ???

jason
10-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
hmm or maybe a Terrius Purvey/Adrian Peterson poll:thinking: those two are no comparison...can purvey even get into OU ???

but i would take Benson, hes established himself as one of the best in NCAA and as of right now, the #2 back of all time at Texas....if UT can beat OU, then i think he'll be the favorite to win the Heisman...

3afan
10-03-2004, 08:21 AM
nm

Hupernikomen
10-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by jason
those two are no comparison...can purvey even get into OU ???

but i would take Benson, hes established himself as one of the best in NCAA and as of right now, the #2 back of all time at Texas....if UT can beat OU, then i think he'll be the favorite to win the Heisman...

I would think so too, but the qb from Purdue sure is looking impressive. White very well might repeat, but with a loss to Texas that might give Benson the edge over him.

sinton66
10-03-2004, 10:13 AM
You're assuming Brown's staff won't blow it again. I wouldn't count on beating OU. I'd love to see it happen, but I'm not betting any money on it.

3afan
10-03-2004, 10:15 AM
why always blame mack or the staff ??? its the players that dont execute .........

big daddy russ
10-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Peterson's great and he's only a freshman, so I voted for him. But I'd still like to see him run between the tackles against a tough defense before saying that he's better than Benson right now.

texasjeremy
10-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Peterson is everything Benson is, athletically, and then some. Plus, Peterson is not a criminal.

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Peterson is everything Benson is, athletically, and then some. Plus, Peterson is not a criminal.

Benson's not a criminal, he's a human-being...

I bet 60% of us on this board have done equal or more than he has, just didn't get caught...

I raise my hand... Let's see, just five months ago when I was underage I drank anyway... crime...

jason
10-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Peterson is not a criminal. give him time

tmac
10-04-2004, 10:43 AM
I would rather have peterson just for the fact that hes younger and has at least 2 more years with the team,but i think benson is a better player.plus peterson was suppose to be at ut anyways,why do all the best texans go to loser ou and we get stuck with their leftovers from okl

Cat22
10-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Texas will have a true freshman next year named Jamaal Charles from Port Arthur Memorial that could step into the starting roll. He has 776 yards in 3 games including 371 yards against Midland Lee. He is the real deal. He had something like 180 yards rushing last week against Baytown Lee in the first half and did not play much in the second half because the game was already out of hand. Watch out for him next year.

texasjeremy
10-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Benson's not a criminal, he's a human-being...

I bet 60% of us on this board have done equal or more than he has, just didn't get caught...

Speak for yourself, I have never kicked in an apartment door or had weed in my possession. It would be a sad, sad thing if 60% of people on this board has committed a felony.

DawgFan91
10-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Besides the weed thing, wasn't he trying to recover stolen property?

Anyway, neither player has played a defense like they will face Saturday. I think Peterson is going to be great but he is going to get hit Saturday. He's obviously big and fast but I have noticed that when he hits the line of scrimmage he is upright and tends to try and dance around if there isn't an obvious hole instead of lowering his pads and finishing. He makes for a nice target for DJ. At that point, I want to see how he responds. Regardless, OU has 2 more RB's who aren't a huge dropoff when Peterson is out.

Benson for the Heisman!!!

TheDOCTORdre
10-04-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm not familiar with Benson and I attend UT we do have this one running back though called Cedric Heisman

mustang04
10-04-2004, 06:17 PM
yeah Peterson is really good, but does the team depend on him as much as Texas does w/ Benson?? plus, Benson aleady broke Earl Campbells record has he not?? he's a heisman for sure, and if he's able to help pull a victory over OU, then he's got it

TheDOCTORdre
10-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Benson moved into second place and passed Earl Campbell and is only behind Ricky Williams

Flourhead
10-04-2004, 06:21 PM
benson runs behind a line that isnt as good as peterson's and he is the focus point of the offense this year since young always gives the ball to him... i would like to see young running more

ILS1
10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
I'd take Benson anyday. I don't think Peterson's swelled head would fit most helmets!!!

:p

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
Besides the weed thing, wasn't he trying to recover stolen property?

Just his plasma tv.

CHSBaseball07
10-04-2004, 08:01 PM
BENSON BENSON BENSON for the Heisman...........and Benson made most of his IDIOTIC decisions when he was young.......hes changed this year......it means more to him this year