PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs. Jasper by the numbers

bd0707
12-01-2002, 12:53 PM
This is some information compiled from the Data Poll site, for what ever your opinion of Data Poll I don't believe there is any hometown, district, or regional bias put into their equations. I have disregarded the Burnet/Midland Christian and the Jasper/Strake Jesuit games as far as team rankings, records, and playoff appearances. I have included their scores and the fact that Burnet won that game and Jasper lost to Strake. I also used the 45-20 score of the Jasper/Newton game as opposed to the 1-0 win that Newton has in the record books. All that being said here are the facts: Season Records Burnet 13-0, Jasper 11-2. Average ranking of teams played (regardless of 3a or 4a, both teams played 4a schools) Burnet 52.8 Jasper 81.6. Burnets opponents have an overall record of 91 wins and 35 losses. Jaspers opponents have an overall record of 61 wins and 59 losses. Burnets reular season opponents that went playoffs total 5, they are Austin Reagan(4a) lost in the 3rd round, Gatesville lost in the 1st round, Marlin still there (my pick for div. 2 state champions), Bandera (same district as Burnet) still there, Liberty Hill (same district as Burnet) lost 2nd round. Jaspers only 2 regular season opponents that went to playoffs were the 2 div.2 teams from their own district. Kirbyville, lost 1st round and Newton, lost 2nd round. Full season scoring for both teams including playoffs, Burnet 512 vs. opponents 152, Jasper 512 vs. opponents 92. This figure tells me that Jaspers 2nd team defense is stronger than Burnets 2nd team defense, that will happen with 39 seniors, but you can't put 39 on the field at once. Jasper will not see Burnets 2nd team defense. Synopsis: It's going to be a good game folks, trash talking was not necessary prior to the Burnet/Sinton, and it need not be necessary for this game. Neither time will field any trash and talk doesn't put points on the scoreboard. Lets have a good, healthy, clean, and injury free game. Who ever wins will have a tough task ahead of them with the Everman/Forney winner.

Bulldog-95
12-01-2002, 02:30 PM
For Clarification purposes, Jasper's true record is 12-1, not 11-2.

Go Dawgs!!!

mojjo_1
12-01-2002, 04:30 PM
I'll throw out some numbers, let's see how about 113-0 in playoff scoring. Not bad, okay let's try 0-0,that's the Burnet-Jasper score right now. Talk all you want,talk this,talk that. Saturday at Kyle field will see who walks the walk. Burnet is fine team they are well coached and have alot of skill.Same thing with Jasper. So talk won't win this game. If you feel you must talk, there's plenty of crow served up after the game. I know this will be a great game.

j_dog
12-01-2002, 05:27 PM
mojjo_1:
I'll throw out some numbers, let's see how about 113-0 in playoff scoring. Not bad, okay let's try 0-0,that's the Burnet-Jasper score right now. Talk all you want,talk this,talk that. Saturday at Kyle field will see who walks the walk. Burnet is fine team they are well coached and have alot of skill.Same thing with Jasper. So talk won't win this game. If you feel you must talk, there's plenty of crow served up after the game. I know this will be a great game.That's enough talk for me. We know Burnet is good and we know Jasper is good. Let's play the game!

Reveille
12-01-2002, 06:05 PM
Everyone, please repeat after me, "These two teams didn't get to the semi's because they stunk up the field all year. Each team is capable of beating the other." :D

BurnetBulldog
12-01-2002, 07:28 PM
This is by far the best set of posts on the Burnet/Jasper game. There is no need for trash talk as these two teams are among the best in the state. Ranking, records and stats do not mean anything during the playoffs, especially during HS Football playoffs. Either team has the possibility of making the other look really bad or making this a hard fought close game. Both teams are healthy and will be very prepared to go on Saturday.

I predict the Bulldogs to win :D

spiveyrat
12-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Every week I see all this "strength of schedule" talk from every Jasper opponent. The strength of Jasper's opponents has nothing to do with the strength of the Jasper Bulldogs. Burnet is the worthiest opponent Jasper has faced this year. But, I just don't think they'll be able to make things happen against Jasper's defense.

29x281
12-01-2002, 08:40 PM
It's the same dilemma every other Burnet opponent has faced. Will Jasper defend Burnet straight up, or will they give help to Shipley's side?

Burnet's defense I'm sure has a similar dilemma against Jasper's considerable talent. We'll see.

Coaching -- specifically the ability to adjust in the late 1st qtr/early 2nd qtr -- will have a major impact on the game in my opinion.

JASPER- GYM
12-01-2002, 09:04 PM
The bottom line is the game will be won on the "O" line and "D" line. I would like to know how big your lineman are?

BIG19
12-02-2002, 10:06 AM
JASPER- GYM:
The bottom line is the game will be won on the "O" line and "D" line. I would like to know how big your lineman are?Sorry JASPER-GYM, the bottom line is that the DAWGS will win.

Now I am taking the quick way out of making any kind of prediction as to the final score. I will say that this will be a VERY good - hard fought game and that all the young men on the field will be playing like there is no tomorrow. Other than that, I hope and pray that everyone makes it to Kyle field safe. That the players, coaches, and fans all have a good game and represent their towns and communities with the utmost respect. Lastly, that all have a safe trip home - no matter what the outcome!!!

Remember this: DAWGS RULE!!!!!!!!

Good luck to both teams.

Old Dog
12-02-2002, 10:55 AM
JASPER-GYM...you for sure have the weight advantage. Burnet's biggest OL is 285, followed by a couple of 260s and 250s. The D is lighter, but quick. No doubt, Jasper is VERY formidable and the trenches will most likely decide the winner.

HotDawg89
12-02-2002, 10:57 AM
I'll tell you this- Burnet's coaches are taking this game very seriously, as are the players. This entire week will be bent around anything and everything they can work on to help get us on top of Jasper. From what we've been told- Jasper has Wharton's size, Sinton's speed and a strong coaching staff. When we arrived at the field with Sinton- we watched them warm up and it was like watching a well oiled machine- really impressive, also intimidating. One of Burnet's strengths is the fact that they NEVER underestimate any team's abilities- they respect them- they just learn how to work around those abilities, and how to make the other teams abilities work in our favor.

This is going to be a very exciting game. I can't wait for Saturday.

big daddy russ
12-02-2002, 11:15 AM
BIG19:

JASPER- GYM:
The bottom line is the game will be won on the "O" line and "D" line. I would like to know how big your lineman are?Sorry JASPER-GYM, the bottom line is that the DAWGS will win.

Now I am taking the quick way out of making any kind of prediction as to the final score. I will say that this will be a VERY good - hard fought game and that all the young men on the field will be playing like there is no tomorrow. Other than that, I hope and pray that everyone makes it to Kyle field safe. That the players, coaches, and fans all have a good game and represent their towns and communities with the utmost respect. Lastly, that all have a safe trip home - no matter what the outcome!!!

Remember this: DAWGS RULE!!!!!!!!

Good luck to both teams.ROFLMAO...

fred grunden
12-02-2002, 11:41 AM
bd0707:
This figure tells me that Jaspers 2nd team defense is stronger than Burnets 2nd team defense, that will happen with 39 seniors, but you can't put 39 on the field at once. I don't know how this count of 39 seniors got started. I saw the 1st program for the first Jasper game and there were only 30 then. We have less than that playing now due to injuries and other things. We have 8 sophomores and they all play. Two of them have been starters since the first of the year.

M Bulldog Fan
12-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Whats all the hype about jasper I'm sorry but Burnet is going to win this game they have a really good team. QB awesome, passing game good,
Defense.this is going to be a good game but i expect burnet by 7.

As for Division 2 Marlin keep on trucking
DIVISION 2 IS YOURS FOR THE TAKING

St. Ivender
12-02-2002, 04:21 PM
M Bulldog Fan:
Whats all the hype about jasper I'm sorry but Burnet is going to win this game they have a really good team. QB awesome, passing game good,
Defense.this is going to be a good game but i expect burnet by 7.

As for Division 2 Marlin keep on trucking
DIVISION 2 IS YOURS FOR THE TAKINGIf Marlin can get the same refs as they had for the Newton game it should be smoooooth sailing for the Bulldogs the rest of the way.

89Dawg
12-02-2002, 04:35 PM
Old Dog:
JASPER-GYM...you for sure have the weight advantage. Burnet's biggest OL is 285, followed by a couple of 260s and 250s. The D is lighter, but quick. No doubt, Jasper is VERY formidable and the trenches will most likely decide the winner.Old Dog, I'm not too sure if Jasper will have a size advantage against your OL if they are that big, that is an impressive sized line. I think it will be a hard game. I think them big boys will be worn out by the time the night is up. It might come down to who wants it the worst. Being from Jasper and having watched them play, I think they will win, I just not sure by how much. It depends on who wins at the line of scrimmage, and special teams. Good Luck and Safe Travels. Go Dawgs! (Jasper that is)